IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 3: Rapture Pending

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are Abbie’s three youngest siblings. Twins Maggie and Carinna and her youngest brother Ben. The Burnett twins are around 21. The boy Duggar twins are a little younger. If fundie twins married fundie twins, I think FJ might have to shut down for a few hours. 

This reminds of a story on People.com today of Identical twins marrying another set of identical twins.  They're marrying a day apart and doing part of their honeymoon together.  The 2 couples are going to be living together in a 2 bedroom apt. which is where I would have drawn the line.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TheYoungCurmudgeon said:

Hi y'all,

I'm a bit of a lurker, but I just wanted to chime in on the college discussion--I graduated 7 months ago with no debt, a degree in English, no real idea what I wanted to do with it (other than not teach and not go back to school) and no relevant job experience.

I'm still working at the same grocery store I worked at all through my 5-year degree and I've been applying to every job that I'm even remotely qualified for and haven't even gotten an interview. It's really demoralizing, and I'm seriously questioning whether or not I wasted my time and money, since it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

I wish I'd taken a Gap year at some point or something vand really figured out what I wanted and how to get there, because now I'm done with school, don't know what I want to do or what I'm qualified to do, and I sort of feel like it's too late to change trajectory.

When I was in college, whenever I met anyone who was in a STEM type degree or program, I'd joke "so you're planning on making on money one day. I'm planning on starving." Funny thing is, it doesn't seem funny anymore. There are a lot of little old ladies who I work in it, who have never worked anywhere but that grocery store since they were in their teens and I'm legitimately terrified that I'll end up the same. That i spent all this time and money on something but it doesn't even matter because I'll never get a chance to do anything meaningful with my life.

I don't know. Like, i get that some people need to work in grocery stores, but I didn't go to college with that intention, if that makes sense.

My daughter majored in English too, graduated 2 years ago. She did Americorp afterwards, and worked on helping find funding for impoverished areas in West VA. She was able to use her skills to apply for grants, and met with a lot of  small local government officials and even a state senator. She worked after Americorps was over at the clinic one more year, now she is in Alaska for 6 months with her fiancé giving kayak tours with a local tourist company up there. Her goal is to come back and get her masters, and "become Leslie Knope" (from Parks and Rec). Sorry for the long post, just wanted to let you know your English degree has worth and value. Having a gift with words and writing matter. 

So what do we think of the date on the registry, January 19th. It's a Saturday. I know the Duggars have used their birth dates as placeholders on registries before but I believe JD's Birthday is Jan. 12th. If it's accurate it would be an almost 6 month engagement. Longest for a Duggar yet but maybe average for a Burnett.

23 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

So what do we think of the date on the registry, January 19th. It's a Saturday. I know the Duggars have used their birth dates as placeholders on registries before but I believe JD's Birthday is Jan. 12th. If it's accurate it would be an almost 6 month engagement. Longest for a Duggar yet but maybe average for a Burnett.

Probably just trying to throw people off. I'd be very surprised if they aren't married by November.

Nice catch on the Ellen DeGeneres sheets! I wonder if they have any idea of who Ellen is, and if they would still want the sheets if they knew of her sinful Sapphic sexual orientation.

5 hours ago, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

Probably just trying to throw people off. I'd be very surprised if they aren't married by November.

When is the Bates wedding? I think that's one thing they will take into consideration.

45 minutes ago, xenobia said:

When is the Bates wedding? I think that's one thing they will take into consideration.

I believe it is early October

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

This reminds of a story on People.com today of Identical twins marrying another set of identical twins.  They're marrying a day apart and doing part of their honeymoon together.  The 2 couples are going to be living together in a 2 bedroom apt. which is where I would have drawn the line.

Genetically the two couple's children will be biological siblings not cousins. Isn't that awesome or weird depending in how ya look at it? I only know this because I read an article where the same thing happened with another set of identical twins. Although, they lived in separate houses.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are Abbie’s three youngest siblings. Twins Maggie and Carinna and her youngest brother Ben. The Burnett twins are around 21. The boy Duggar twins are a little younger. If fundie twins married fundie twins, I think FJ might have to shut down for a few hours. 

Haha! The only thing bigger is a Jana wedding if she should marry. Just seeing the response to JD, I can't even imagine what will happen with her.

With that, JD looks high all-de-time. Abbie must really have an impact on him. 

9 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

My daughter majored in English too, graduated 2 years ago. She did Americorp afterwards, and worked on helping find funding for impoverished areas in West VA. She was able to use her skills to apply for grants, and met with a lot of  small local government officials and even a state senator. She worked after Americorps was over at the clinic one more year, now she is in Alaska for 6 months with her fiancé giving kayak tours with a local tourist company up there. Her goal is to come back and get her masters, and "become Leslie Knope" (from Parks and Rec). Sorry for the long post, just wanted to let you know your English degree has worth and value. Having a gift with words and writing matter. 

I'm here to tell you that my degree in English has served me well. I currently project manage corporate training programs. It's not that I got a degree in reading novels (though it felt like that sometimes) - but I got a degree that allows me to think critically and to argue a point and to communicate. Plenty can be done with that.

11 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Check into JetBlue. They are wonderfully accommodating for people on the spectrum. My oldest has ASD and I’ve always said if we take a trip that requires flying I hope JetBlue is an option. 

@Nikedagain? I second this. You can get passes to walk her to the plane and for her bff to walk and get her at the other end. If you are lucky enough hat they fly from a smaller airport near you that helps.  JetBlue has been great with the people on the ASD spectrum I know that have flown independently.  I also used to care for nonverbal young man that had a phrase book he carried with him (not ASD) and he too was able to fly solo as well.

Attending Chick-Fil-A openings (and dress-like-a-cow day) is a huge fundy pasttime. Why don't Fundies just serve Chick-Fil-A at their wedding receptions?

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I read about identical twins marrying identical twins back in the early late 80s or 90s. They all live in one house and they each have one child. A boy and a girl. The kids are grown now but they grew up like brother and sister. 

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Supposing these were quiverfullers and each couple aimed at 20 children... Genetically speaking that would be 40 full siblings. :wtsf:

Apologies if this has already been posted. The Stratford Peach Festival  official Facebook page posted some pics of the Burnett's ice cream booth:

image.thumb.png.f7f372715f1cf8e8fa383dcc7bf87143.png

image.thumb.png.88156f2fdb6246fb01e3a79e24d2dfb4.png

I guess Jobbie's engagement standards allow lap sitting, but kissing while engaged is of the Devil. What's next?

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I read about identical twins marrying identical twins back in the early late 80s or 90s. They all live in one house and they each have one child. A boy and a girl. The kids are grown now but they grew up like brother and sister. 

I remember them!  I have heard many stories of identical twins marrying identical al twins. 

She's not sitting on his lap she's leaning into him and has her arm around him. I really hope these two didn't have any idiotic "rules" like no kissing or hand holding or alone time, it would be a disgrace if they did.

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She's not sitting on his lap she's leaning into him and has her arm around him. I really hope these two didn't have any idiotic "rules" like no kissing or hand holding or alone time, it would be a disgrace if they did.

They probably do. 

I hope I am proven wrong, I really do. Here goes, I have very little doubt that they had chaperones and no kissing and all that garbage. Michelle and JB drive that crazy train off the tracks and keep on a chuggin. 

10 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She's not sitting on his lap she's leaning into him and has her arm around him. 

Yeah, but her right foot looks like it miiiiight not be touching the ground.  It looks like a semi-lapsit might have just ended, or might be imminent, or might never have happened at all. : )

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived