IGNORED

Lori Alexander 52: Looking for Debt-free Virgins Without Tatoos

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Even 13 is young to think about marriage. My kid is almost 14 & she wants nothing to do with boys her age. She’s said, “have you looked at the boys my age? I don’t want to choke on Axe body spray!”

of course she may be a lesbian but since she has not come out yet, I’m not pushing it. We’ll talk if and when she decides she wants to....

I wanted nothing to do with boys at that age, they didn't catch my eye at all...my mother thought it was because I was such a good chaste girl especially compared to my boy crazy younger sister.  When I was putting up prints of lady-centric Waterhouse paintings next to her Cobain and Corgan posters it was because I was so classy and refined...Turns out it was the lesbian thing!  (my sister had always known on some level, when ebay first came around she bought me that Gillian Anderson poster in the skin tight silver body suit with all the cleavage LOL)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Even 13 is young to think about marriage. My kid is almost 14 & she wants nothing to do with boys her age. She’s said, “have you looked at the boys my age? I don’t want to choke on Axe body spray!”

of course she may be a lesbian but since she has not come out yet, I’m not pushing it. We’ll talk if and when she decides she wants to....

My child falls on the rainbow spectrum. I had an inkling from a pretty young age that she would. Sexuality is at the core of every persons sense of self and for a kid who's searching for their authenticity, it can be an intensely private thing. I applaud you for respecting her boundaries. 

45 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I don't know you and your daughter's situation, but I think you are extremely wise to wait and let her bring up things according to her readiness.  It's a real evidence of loving without condition, imho.  What a great example of compassionate parenting!  

Thanks, I hope we handle it well. 

The real clue was the secret social media posting about dating a girl & taking a quiz & liking boobs! Also the interest in LGBTQ rights news when she has no interest in any other news. By dating a girl, I don’t mean going out on dates cause 13 is too young for me to allow solo dates.

18 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Pray for me. I’m going in and may Rufus have mercy on my soul. 

Beyond disgusting.  The man has wife beater in screaming letters above his head in addition to child abuser. 

I want to learn more but don’t think I can handle it. 

Pretty sure family outside of my immediate family might think I'm a lesbian or might wonder about it. I haven't had a long term boyfriend and I don't share much about my dating history. Plus I'm probably the only single one in the first generation of grandkids. Add on a female roommate and I'm sure I give them something to wonder about. Which is fine with me, let them wonder because it's not any of their business lol.

Dating has never been a priority because I had other goals and things I wanted to do. It's allowed me to go to whatever school I want without wondering about long distance relationship, who goes where etc. I hate the emphasis that girls need a relationship to be complete. Some of the first questions I've gotten when meeting older men are "who are you married to?". I'm married to myself thanks. 

But seriously props to the parents who wait for their kids to tell them about their identity. Sometimes I think parents try to force it out too soon. Teens and young adults need time to figure things out. We move in such a fast past society and I think it's okay to allow children to slow down and think things through. 

6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Maybe I should ask my coworker, she is in a relationship with him, about his personal beliefs and if he is open to teaching us scripture.

I think that would be completely appropriate!

I think I asked my mom (and maybe dad, but I don’t remember) about it when I was around 13. As in, “mom, would it be ok if I was a lesbian and ended up adopting kids and marrying a woman?”. My mom said “Sure, why? Want to tell me something?” I answered “no, I think I like boys, but just in case I change my mind” and my mom just said “ok”, turned back around and continued putting Nutella on my toast. That was that conversation. 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Beyond disgusting.  The man has wife beater in screaming letters above his head in addition to child abuser. 

I want to learn more but don’t think I can handle it. 

I was just about to check on you. I realized late that I didn't even send rescue ferrets! :ferret::ferret:

I can provide kitty face to help with the shock: 

Spoiler

20180623_142839.thumb.jpg.51485136ea1720780e191596e3b98d35.jpg

40 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

I think I asked my mom (and maybe dad, but I don’t remember) about it when I was around 13. As in, “mom, would it be ok if I was a lesbian and ended up adopting kids and marrying a woman?”. My mom said “Sure, why? Want to tell me something?” I answered “no, I think I like boys, but just in case I change my mind” and my mom just said “ok”, turned back around and continued putting Nutella on my toast. That was that conversation. 

That was actually a good conversation and your mom handled it well.  I don't want to breach any privacy issues with my daughter, but I have had a similar conversation.  She has a boyfriend and they moved in together a few months ago, but it could have been a girlfriend just as easily.  Since I'm that way myself, I had suspicions from when she was very young and was not at all surprised about a conversation she had with me.  Bottom line, she is my daughter and that will not change.  I love her beyond life itself and that won't change.  She knows that.  I'm just glad that she trusts me enough to have the serious conversations.

I haven’t had anyone I know asking me about boyfriends. My mum knows about my issues, Dad doesn’t really care about that kind of thing (not in a nasty way, it’s just not something he’s much interested in) and family aren’t really nosy about that kind of thing, which I’m grateful for. My brother is 19 and somewhat similar to me in that he doesn’t have great self-esteem, although he finds it easier to make friends (he doesn’t have ASD, either). 

I also just wasn’t very interested until I was 18/went to university. There weren’t many guys on my course, and they were usually taken or gay, or I just plain wasn’t attracted to them. I don’t tend to have loads of crushes on people (celebrity or not). 

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I also just wasn’t very interested until I was 18/went to university. There weren’t many guys on my course, and they were usually taken or gay, or I just plain wasn’t attracted to them. I don’t tend to have loads of crushes on people (celebrity or not). 

Yeass this is me! At a seminary most the guys age are taken or in undergrad making them too young. But I'm super slow to develop crushes and have never had celebrity crushes. I was like what's the point of celebrity crushes? You don't really know them. 

I also taking a small Lori break, I can't deal with her nonsense right now.

@Sarah92 I’ve also never been particularly attracted to the “tall, dark, mysterious” type. They just look grumpy to me. Give me a smiley, friendly, approachable-looking guy any day! (Hair colour doesn’t matter so much). 

I tend to just skim Lori threads. She just repeats the same old shit day in day out. 

5 hours ago, FundieCentral said:

I always told my daughter that people love who they love and obviously gay was not better or worse than straight, and we had plenty of gay friends for examples in these conversations. I also warned her that it was not accepted that way, by everyone. 

When she was about 4 she described anal sex to me, as in “Mom, if two men love each other, they could ........” 

When she was around 8, I once asked her if there were any boys she liked, at school.She said “Why mom, are you afraid I might be gay?” I told her I was not afraid, but she could tell me if she was and wanted to, we could get any extra support and education she might need. 

She is straight, and not the slightest bit homophobic. 

Says Lori:

"The following are some quotes from men who commented on his post. These comments show these men get it in a world that is quickly losing the point of Christianity."

HERE we go again. Trying to prove opinion with opinion.  I just can't today. :bangheaddesk:

7 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Says Lori:

"The following are some quotes from men who commented on his post. These comments show these men get it in a world that is quickly losing the point of Christianity."

HERE we go again. Trying to prove opinion with opinion.  I just can't today. :bangheaddesk:

If the 'point of Christianity' is to force conformity regardless of individual characteristics and abilities, then hell yeah, let's lose it!  

Lori writes:

There was definitely mass hysteria among Christians surrounding my viral post. It’s a clear example of how easily women are led by their emotions and feelings instead of the truth of God’s Word.

Lori, your viral post is not God's word.  In fact, the entire post had exactly 2 mentions of scripture.  One of those was tagged on at the end, and neither of them did a whole bunch to back up your position. 

Pretending that your word is God's word, is beyond the pale.

There are a lot of women who really want to tell men what they should prefer…or else!”

Umm, yes.  And Lori led the marching band.  SHE was the one who wrote the article, presuming to know what men prefer.

No one says these women are unattractive.

Oh, really?

Lori Alexander:

Many regret having tattoos later in their lives and I am sure they get uglier with age.

Finally, (and I saved the best for last):

“These contemptible, screeching women always fall back to the old tried and true line that God is a God of grace and He forgives you regardless of your past blah, blah, blah

Yes, Lori's word= God's word.

God's grace and forgiveness= blah, blah, blah

Perfect.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

Pretending that your word is God's word, is beyond the pale.

God's grace and forgiveness= blah, blah, blah

I think these are both blasphemy. 

Who is the man that Lori talks about that runs a popular blog for men? Is it the same nutjob who talked for a hour or so on his YouTube channel? I lasted maybe 30 seconds lol

7 minutes ago, Mellowing With Age said:

Who is the man that Lori talks about that runs a popular blog for men? Is it the same nutjob who talked for a hour or so on his YouTube channel? I lasted maybe 30 seconds lol

She is referring to Dalrock 

https://dalrock.wordpress.com/2018/07/23/hysteria/

and she quoted a commenter from there whose site is this (hardly popular)

https://illuvitus.wordpress.com/

Lori reading Dalrock? 

I'm sorry...I just can't believe that.  You see, Ken explained that Lori won't read sites with profanity/vulgarity.  According to him, she's almost "puritanical" about it.  

From the comments of Dalrock's post about Lori:

Sheila admits that she’s bat-shit crazy. 

Glad these whores are finally being honest.

Now moms fucked the whole family.

Katie’s clearly ridden a carousel pony or two. It is obvious.

That's from a VERY tiny sample of the comments.  After they referred to certain women as "gluttonous landwhales" I stopped reading.

@Ken Are you aware that your "puritanical" wife is reading garbage like this?? 

One more question- Do you (Ken) believe Lori's VIRAL! post has helped further the gospel of Jesus Christ?  Do you believe it's a good example of being meek/loving/kind/and doing your own business?  Just curious, because if I was trying to draw people to Jesus, this isn't the method I'd use.  Seems like it's driven a lot of people away, doesn't it?

@KoalaWhich would exactly explain why she didn't link to him, because none of her fan girls are going to question her sources anyway. Lori is actually more one of them than she is a traditional, conservative Christian. 

Good grief, Lori is still trying to defend her idiot post on debt free virgins without tattoos. 

I asked my husband's take on it.  He said (for himself) a little  debt wasn't a deal breaker as long as a woman was reasonably responsible with money (meaning my car payment was ok, but he wouldn't have wanted someone with credt cards all charged to the limit).

Tattoos aren't his thing, but he doesn't think they're a sin.

Virgin? He appreciated that I was, but since he wasn't, he couldn't really expect it.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived