IGNORED

Lori Alexander 52: Looking for Debt-free Virgins Without Tatoos

Continued from here:

Lori is always looking for a new low and a new viral post.  She put together the combo while vacationing in Door county.  We know she hates travel and her mother is dying, but Lori keeps her priorities straight. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, thank you all for turning me on to Jill Rod.  Now I have new material for my snarky reading pleasure.

Wouldn’t the Christian thing for Lori to do is be with her dying mother? My family is Jewish and when my grandma was put into a nursing home my mother and aunt visited her everyday. I even came in from school when she was really sick to visit her. I drove 3.5 hours one night just to spend a few hours with her before having to drive back. How sad. I know death and people dying is hard to deal with. But it’s harder for the person doing it if family isn’t there.

Ha ha re: the title of this thread. I saw someone post this as a meme on facebook, with the article or whatever it was that says how men are attracted to debt free virgins without tattoos. Oops. I have a bunch of tattoos and I lost my virginity to my wonderful long term boyfriend in high school when I was 14 who I remain friends with to this day. Don't even get my started on my finances... I have no problem finding guys. Maybe it's because I live in a town that's 75-80% men ages 18-35 20-25% women. 

8 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Wouldn’t the Christian thing for Lori to do is be with her dying mother? My family is Jewish and when my grandma was put into a nursing home my mother and aunt visited her everyday. I even came in from school when she was really sick to visit her. I drove 3.5 hours one night just to spend a few hours with her before having to drive back. How sad. I know death and people dying is hard to deal with. But it’s harder for the person doing it if family isn’t there.

That bitch ain't gonna do shit that doesn't involve being the fucking center of the universe. If her mother doesn't jump up out of that bed and wait on Princess Lori hand and foot, Lori doesn't give a flying fuck. She's a nasty, small, callous shrew. Her whole thinking process revolves around "what's in it for me" just like her orange savior in DC. Goddamn I hate that bitch...her husband needs to go retrieve his balls from her nightstand and tell her to sit down, shut the fuck up and stay off the fucking internet. 

17 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I guess Lori is a wonderful example of why spanking doesn’t work. 

Truer words might've never been spoken.

Here is the reference by Laine about paying their child $10 for DIY home dentistry. It's posted at Lori Alexander 48: Taming of the Shrew page 14. 

ETA: I know I didn't necessarily need to type all that out but I do so love Taming of the Shrew title. *laugh laugh*

Screenshot_20180721-212423.png

My heart breaks for the poor girl (not sure of her age) that basically had to yank her own tooth out. I'm having a horrible vision of Tom Hanks using the ice skate to knock out his tooth in Cast Away. *shudder*

I'd rather put off paying off my house and pay for my kid to have proper dental work, but hey, that's just me.

I call bull shit on this.. 

I was kicked out of the chat room and off her page simply because I stated my husband wants both of our daughters to be college educated. 

Screenshot_20180722-164253.jpg

The conversation to end all rape victim blaming (looking at you Ken!)

Screenshot_2018-07-22-23-22-59.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-07-22-23-23-02.thumb.png.c2b464500d2f3189f248882fbb3a2db1.pngScreenshot_2018-07-22-23-23-09.thumb.png.0431e47a9500d37b5f0b06fba473a1c1.pngScreenshot_2018-07-22-23-23-15.thumb.png.412091bd4301e6f06f056e60a59e51c8.png

Lori is going to town right now in the chatroom about why women don't need college. She is vehemently anti-education. She wrote that "Because I went to college and had my teaching credential I missed my oldest daughter's first two years. It is my greatest regret." Logic is not her strong suit. She also has decreed yet again that college was boring and she didn't learn anything. She has also recently written that her mother knew nothing of how to be a Biblical woman. ???? 

She has been beating the drum over the debt-college-women conundrum. Here's my take: It seems to have really revved up since Steven married Emily. I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, but I bet these debts posts are directed in part at her daughter-in-law. Emily attended a Christian College, which Lori is always bemoaning are so expensive. Wheaton's tuition and board is roughly $45,000 a year and then we know that Emily did one year of law school at University of Houston, which is tons cheaper than highly ranked law schools but is still about $30,000 per year. Maybe Emily has some debt and Lori is mad her son is helping pay it off? I could be wrong and perhaps Emily's family paid the tuition, but I have a strong feeling this is the source of Lori's latest ire. Her family does not deserve her treatment. 

I wonder if DIL Emily has a tattoo?

Lori always has to lay blame and judgement on anything she doesn't like. What a control freak. Her children are adults and the choices they make are not for her to broadcast in passive aggressive internet rants. She doesn't have to like their choices but it's their life. She's so fucking petty. 

My mother doesn't mince words either but it has cost her a lot. When my friends, who are ten years older than me, started saying their children were adults now, time to close their mouths and sit on their hands (hands were not meant as punishing! But as interfering, is what they meant) It gave me so much insight to my relationship with my own mother. It errodes trust at the least and it stunts children at the worst (see the kid-adult Arnts!) Still, one conversation with her and I'm emotionally debilitated and second guessing myself for weeks. 

I think a HUGE part of Lori's "ministry" is a platform to get fans to adore her and agree to why she has to be such a conniving cow to her adult children. See! She has all of these people saying she's right! So, she must be! 

1 hour ago, fluffy said:

She has been beating the drum over the debt-college-women conundrum. Here's my take: It seems to have really revved up since Steven married Emily. I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, but I bet these debts posts are directed in part at her daughter-in-law. Emily attended a Christian College, which Lori is always bemoaning are so expensive. Wheaton's tuition and board is roughly $45,000 a year and then we know that Emily did one year of law school at University of Houston, which is tons cheaper than highly ranked law schools but is still about $30,000 per year. Maybe Emily has some debt and Lori is mad her son is helping pay it off? I could be wrong and perhaps Emily's family paid the tuition, but I have a strong feeling this is the source of Lori's latest ire. Her family does not deserve her treatment. 

She needs to shut the fuck up and let her kids handle their shit. This passive-aggressive social media spewing is not particularly nice. She sort of sounds like my mother, who'd do the same bullshit. I mean, I hated the bitch anyway but this bullshit and then her trying to gaslight the fuck out of it didn't help her case one bit. 

Someone needs to smack her upside her brain-tumored head and rearrange her fucking marbles. I'd do it but I don't think I'd stop at one smack, ya know? I have a lot of internalized rage that still needs to be let out and well, I'd seriously fuck a bitch up....

My siblings and I grew up in the mindset of SAHD. Fast forward 20 years, and I have sisters who are early 30s, unmarried, with no college education.

One is on her own, but struggles to make ends meet. She often feels so limited and stuck with low-paying job options.

The other sister recently moved out, but is already complaining it's too hard, and that she wants to move back home. At 31 years old. 

I often talk with my husband about how I wish college had been an option for us. My heart breaks for my single sisters.

44 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

She needs to shut the fuck up and let her kids handle their shit. This passive-aggressive social media spewing is not particularly nice.

I am thinking her kids are going to treat her like she treats her mother.  

Lori is such an idiot.  Maybe college might not work for everyone, but everyone should at least have the opportunity.  I did not go and have always regretted at least not trying.  Mr. Briefly didn't go when he got out of high school, but a few years later he did and got his (now basically useless) degree in Electronics Engineering.  The Briefly daughter went to the local community college for a year and a half.  She did not do too well and probably should have waited a while before attempting it.  She really didn't know what she wanted to do.  She may go back later on, she's talking about it.  But if we listened to Lori, then she would not have even tried and probably would not even be working full-time and supporting herself, much less moved into an apartment a few years back.  She talks about a tattoo but hasn't quite gotten there yet, because of the potential allergy issue.

9 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

I am thinking her kids are going to treat her like she treats her mother.  

GOOD. (Not that the way that Lori is treating her mother is good. Oh, hell, y'all know what I mean.)

And another thing- women can go to college without leaving home nowadays, thanks to this nifty thing called the Internet. (Lori might know a thing or two about it.) I'm finishing up my master's online because we moved 3 states away from the main campus.

16 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

GOOD. (Not that the way that Lori is treating her mother is good. Oh, hell, y'all know what I mean.)

I got ya! I speak @TeddyBonkers quite well! 

She says her ministry was born out of regret that she did not have anyone teach her about biblical womanhood. She still doesn't know what biblical womanhood is. She's been a "Christian" since she was young right? Anyone with a lick of Bible knowledge (or common sense in general) would know that a person should treat their spouse well (not hit them) and not sabotage birth control. She didn't need a a lesson in biblical womanhood to know these things because the basic teachings of Christ points to how wrong it is to act like such a terrible person.

She says that she tries not to let people without Bible knowledge comment on her blog. What the fuck is her standard? I was banned for using Bible knowledge on her blog when I'm a seminary graduate who worked in a library with a massive amount of biblical commentaries and literature. Neither Ken nor Lori has proven that they have an outstanding knowledge of scripture, quite the opposite actually. 

I don’t understand needing to be taught biblical womanhood either. Married almost 19 years- we have a good, solid marriage. I married him because I loved him and I treat him well because I love him and I am an adult and know how to treat others. Yes, we had to adjust to different ways of doing things and we’ve had to compromise, but we work throughout it. He said Friday night that I’m the perfect woman for him (in front of our kiddos). I think that maybe for some fundies, they marry out of obligation or expectation without really getting to know one another. And they have weird expectations about what marriage is supposed to look like. 

In terms of “missing years” while working- that’s not true. It’s a gross over exaggeration (and if that’s really how they think, why is it ok for men to work so much- especially if they are leaders of the home?).

What exactly did she miss? 

15 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I don’t understand needing to be taught biblical womanhood either. Married almost 19 years- we have a good, solid marriage. I married him because I loved him and I treat him well because I love him and I am an adult and know how to treat others. Yes, we had to adjust to different ways of doing things and we’ve had to compromise, but we work throughout it. He said Friday night that I’m the perfect woman for him (in front of our kiddos). I think that maybe for some fundies, they marry out of obligation or expectation without really getting to know one another. And they have weird expectations about what marriage is supposed to look like. 

In terms of “missing years” while working- that’s not true. It’s a gross over exaggeration (and if that’s really how they think, why is it ok for men to work so much- especially if they are leaders of the home?).

What exactly did she miss? 

I DID miss 2 years of #2 son's life pretty much...because I was working full time and going to school full time. BUT, Mr. Xtian and the mother were there to pretty much pick up the slack. 

As most of you know, my former marriage was a clusterfuck, abusive, disaster. it didn't matter how much I kissed that man's ass, it wasn't enough. Now, with Mr. Xtian, things are MUCH different. First of all, I'm a whole lot more assertive than I was then. He had to get used to someone who was assertive without being bitchy...I don't play games (frankly I have no idea how to), I just say what I mean and mean what I say. I don't need to be a mewling doormat for Mr. Xtian (he has no interest in that anyway), I can be ME. The whole idea behind "biblical womanhood" is don't be a bitch. Treat your husband with respect. Don't run over him like a fucking steamroller either. Same goes for husbands...that whole "husbands LOVE your wives" thing. Mutual respect and the ability to compromise goes a helluva lot further than all their bullshit. They make it sound so hard. I mean, there are times when you're seriously weighing homicide vs. divorce, driving off into the sunset (but that's usually with the kids :) ) or taking off to some tropical beach where a cabana boy will bring you fruity drinks and give you a massage...but...on the whole, if you're a reasonably grown adult, you can learn to deal with life's bullshit without losing your shit (gee, I'm one to talk, I lose my shit so often I have to go buy more). 

You have to remember that these people see men as nothing much more than knuckle-dragging hormone slaves who are "required" to bring home the bacon. That's horribly disrespectful and sets that expectation bar really low. Sorry, I expect more. Not just from my husband but from my sons too. Then again, the family motto is "don't fuck with mama unless you want to die a horrible, painful death". 

3 hours ago, wild little fox said:

When my friends, who are ten years older than me, started saying their children were adults now, time to close their mouths and sit on their hands (hands were not meant as punishing! But as interfering, is what they meant)

When the kids are adults and making their own decisions, I have found it best to keep my mouth shut and my checkbook open.  Snort.

4 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

The conversation to end all rape victim blaming (looking at you Ken!)

Screenshot_2018-07-22-23-22-59.png

Screenshot_2018-07-22-23-23-02.png

Screenshot_2018-07-22-23-23-09.png

Screenshot_2018-07-22-23-23-15.png

Was it a legitimate decapataton?

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived