IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa has a lovely instagram and looks so sweet and happy, but why is everybody sure she doesn't share her parents beliefs? Of course, not entirely, but I wonder if she's ok with all that submissive crap and Bible-over-law ideology.

I mean, Ryan wife's IG also looks cute but we all know how they train their children and how comfortable are them leaving kids with grandma Lori.

I see your point about Alyssa. I did see a tiny red flag in one of her IG posts in which she wrote (paraphrasing) "I am thankful for a husband who does not like for me to travel alone."  I thoght that was a bit odd - maybe a little possessive and controlling. 

49 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She is trying to save face today. Check out her latest post. I swear Ken is behind this. Its a semi-apology but not really. Lori is just saying I should have said "godly men".  

Taking her cues from the top, is she? She forgot a word... 

Did Ken give her a typed up sheet to post from? Did she mark out one important line and write a (misspelled) non-apology of her own in all-caps in black Sharpie? Did someone turn out the lights as she was posting?

She's nothing but an attention whore. She's the opposite of Godly, she's the opposite of what she teaches women should be, and most of what she says is either false, misleading, or out of context.

If Ken isn't on the phone with a divorce lawyer, I'd be surprised. He's pretty terrible, but his life would improve 100% if he'd dump her constant drama. I could see him being one of those wealthy older divorced guys at a country club and going on frequent beach vacations.

As many of you know, my post Men Prefer Debt-Free Virgins Without Tattoos went viral and is causing quite a stir.

You just know she's sitting on the porch in Door County (rather than at home in SoCal where her 'old mother is on her deathbed'), drinking her organic kombucha, eyes glued to her laptop instead of the beautiful scenery around her, full of glee that she can now, at last--AT LAST!!11!-- say that another post of hers has gone viral.

Lori, you really need to sort out your priorities.  :my_dodgy:

27 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I see your point about Alyssa. I did see a tiny red flag in one of her IG posts in which she wrote (paraphrasing) "I am thankful for a husband who does not like for me to travel alone."  I thoght that was a bit odd - maybe a little possessive and controlling. 

Spoiler

From 2012:

Soon after Alyssa, my daughter, and Jon were married, she went through her whole closet and got rid of any clothes that Jon didn't like. She wears her hair the way he likes it. 

My husband would literally look at me like I was crazy if I asked him if he'd like me to throw any of my clothes in the garbage.  He just doesn't think that way.  The closest he's come, is saying something like, "That color is pretty on you".  

Of course, this is Lori were talking about, so she could have easily made the whole thing up.  She lies when it's convenient for her.

54 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

My husband doesn't like for me to travel alone...it's not creepy, the man is a professional worry wart. But, then again, I was t-boned by some idiot not 50 feet in front of him. He doesn't like it but he doesn't "forbid" it (but I think if he thought he could get away with it, he'd drive me everywhere)

13 hours ago, molecule said:

Sheila Gregoire (To Love, Honor, & Vacuum) said that she blocked Lori. I've wondered if Sheila would write a blog post about this. I kind of hope she doesn't. As much as I like seeing that even many conservative Christians are standing against Lori's post, I hate seeing all this traffic heading Lori's direction.

Sheila does write it about Lori's post today: https://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2018/07/i-didnt-really-care-if-my-sons-in-law-were-debt-free-tattoo-free-virgins/. She includes a video from her daughter. It's worth watching just for the "Christian" scare quotes she uses when referring to Lori. I cheered at that, after seeing the way Lori does that to prominent Christian women who get to do the things Lori is jealous she can't do.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

There was another red flag about Alyssa's husband years ago when Lori mentioned how Alyssa got rid of some of her clothes because Jon didn't them. I thought that was a bit controlling.  Lori mentioned a few times on the Always Learning blog that Jon grew up in a household where his mother was a servant to his father.  It's possible that Jon and Alyssa have changed some of their beliefs over the years. 

The comments she published in today's blog.........ugh. They make me ill. 

One woman explained that she raises her daughter to always think of what her "future husband" will want. That whole "future husband" thing makes me a little nauseous. Sure, let's teach girls that they have no worth outside of what a man thinks or wants. And to make it even more ridiculous, let's make it a hypothetical man who is not even part of their life. Not to mention that some of those girls may never marry. I married after 35. I have friends approaching 50 who have never married. What happens to a woman who was raised her whole life to do what "future husband" might want when he never turns up? How scarred and screwed up does that leave her? And what about those girls who don't want a husband and figure out that they probably want a wife? 

And the one about telling Christian girls to avoid tattoos and "strange piercings"...I don't like tattoos and I only have pierced ears. But damn if all of this nonsense doesn't make me want to pierce something else and get a tattoo. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

But damn if all of this nonsense doesn't make me want to pierce something else and get a tattoo. 

Me too.  And I hate needles!  

5 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

And the one about telling Christian girls to avoid tattoos and "strange piercings"...I don't like tattoos and I only have pierced ears. But damn if all of this nonsense doesn't make me want to pierce something else and get a tattoo. 

It is literally only money that has kept me from getting a tattoo. So far I only have 2 earlobe piercings but I really want a daith or industrial. I do have half my hair hot pink, however.

Hey Lori, there's another thing you can complain about and maybe go VIRAL again! Fun hair colors are really popular right now, so it's time for you to start whining about them!

Maybe we should send Alyssa some hair dye...

Turns out that image Lori used really is a stock image. And perhaps Michelle Jones is using a fake one. 

https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-in-black-scoop-neck-shirt-smiling-38554/

I did a reverse image search and tons of hits to stock image sites. 

https://www.tineye.com/search/b8c00977d1bba7601a7fe6a4e3aa7b3e4044cbfc/?page=4&sort=score&order=desc

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I don't think it's always meant in a bad way. I don't mind traveling alone but my husband likes to go with me when he can, even though he brags constantly about me being independent and being able to kick ass if I need to. Alone time isn't important to him like it is to me & he spent ten years as a firefighter/basic EMS guy and cleaned up a lot of freak wrecks so if it's a long road trip he'd rather go. And that's fine. My man doesn't have a controlling bone in his body. He's very sensitive and caring though. 

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

There was another red flag about Alyssa's husband years ago when Lori mentioned how Alyssa got rid of some of her clothes because Jon didn't them. I thought that was a bit controlling.  Lori mentioned a few times on the Always Learning blog that Jon grew up in a household where his mother was a servant to his father.  It's possible that Jon and Alyssa have changed some of their beliefs over the years. 

You know, I don't think Alyssa (or any of the Alexander children) deserve to be castigated for any of their beliefs or perceived beliefs whether they align with Lori's thinking a little, a lot, or not at all.   Everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs even if they are dead wrong or don't align with ours necessarily. The difference is Lori purposefully puts it all out there and acts as judge and jury with a flawed theology in a public realm. She is intentional. And because it is a free country, that which is in the public realm lends itself to debate and criticism. Free speech does not mean we are free from consequences of our words/actions.

Mostly everything we know of her children (for the most part...Alyssa does have a public page, but it's fairly generic so that's different in my opinion than spewing the judgmental nonsense Lori does) are the stories Lori tells of them as told through HER lenses.  For all we know, Alyssa simply downsized her closet when she got married...and Lori turned it into "to please her husband" because it fit Lori's narrative.  Heck, when Mr. SongRed and I got married, we did some joint downsizing (this was in 1990, so we both had some pretty ridiculous leftover 70s and 80s styles in our closets)... I distinctly remember some conversations on both sides that went something like: "YOU ARE NOT WEARING THAT IN MY PRESENCE" followed by a good laugh. 

Like I said, they may hold similar outlooks, different outlooks, or a somewhat modified outlook. We don't know.  But as private citizens just doing their things, I think its unfair to nitpick them based on the way Lori paints them.  She dragged them into her drama. They didn't ask for any of this. JMHO

I agree with all of you who mention that it is not necessarily a bad thing when your husband doesn't like for you to travel alone. I remember when I read that post, I thought "She did not say he would NOT LET her travel alone; so maybe it is nothing."  I only felt a bit off about it knowing the way Alyssa was raised and the few things we've seen mentioned about John's upbringing. 

I probably chose the wrong words when I mentioned the post; I should not have labeled her husband the way I did.  Lord knows, Alyssa gets enough grief simply by being Lori's daughter. I certainly don't want to add to it. 

Lori is definitely deleting and blocking on FB today.  

Spoiler

There was a comment saying that if Lori had gone to college maybe she wouldn't have posted that, a *coughsockaccountcough* reply that she did, and that she couldn't remember anything she learned in college, linking to her own words.  Deleted and blocked!  So she's not 'swamped' like she wants people to think, she's just martyrbating.  

An instagram comment says "negative comments are signs that we are living in the end days". LOL!!!

So every June we are going to be reminded of her viral post from June 2016 and every July we will be reminded of this post. Lori has 10 more manufacturers dramas to create. 

So  it happened. The debt free virgin with no tattoos showed up on my FB from one of my more conservative friends. This friend, who is a mostly skirt wearing SAHM, had never heard of Lori until now and was appalled. 

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa has a lovely instagram and looks so sweet and happy, but why is everybody sure she doesn't share her parents beliefs? Of course, not entirely, but I wonder if she's ok with all that submissive crap and Bible-over-law ideology.

I mean, Ryan wife's IG also looks cute but we all know how they train their children and how comfortable are them leaving kids with grandma Lori.

Have you read her posts?

She may well believe that wives should be submissive, but at the same time, I really don't believe she shares her parents' toxic, abusive beliefs, not after reading her posts for many months now. She seems to have a genuinely kind, thoughtful, compassionate nature. 

On the Transformed Wife 2.0 page, they are talking about the Joy-filled Wife possibly being Lori's sock puppet--has that been discussed here and I missed it?

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

If Ken isn't on the phone with a divorce lawyer, I'd be surprised. He's pretty terrible, but his life would improve 100% if he'd dump her constant drama. I could see him being one of those wealthy older divorced guys at a country club and going on frequent beach vacations.

Perving on all the young, thong-wearing women lounging around the pool, no doubt. *shudder* 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived