IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

Now people I actually know in real life are discussing the "debt-free virgin" post on Facebook.  This is so weird to me to see other people discover her.  We'll be able to say, "we snarked on her when . . ."

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Hey, I know it's early, but did anyone catch Lori's first post this morning? The original one, I should say--it was a comic strip about debt-free virgins without tattoos. The comments were just getting good when I tried to click on some replies and couldn't get them to show up. I refreshed the page and the entire post disappeared! She replaced it with yet another re-run of her old post about Lainey who paid off her home and raised five kids on less than $30k a year. Wish I'd saved that post before it got zapped. :blink:

Here it is! (Still up on her Instagram at time of posting.)

image.png

That is one of the most idiotic way I've seen that cartoon used. Like being debt free maidens at the start of marriage doesn't have a ton of bearing on the actually marriage. Well okay it can have some especially if money is an issue. But overall? I'd be more concerned about teaching women not to sabotage their birth control which seems a heck of a lot more dishonest and evil than getting a tattoo. But that's just me 

fixed it for Lori! She should thank me

image.jpeg

Regarding the cartoon,  did anyone else notice that the commenter called "thebluebirdsarenesting" did a typo and said, "Keep PITTING God's word out there..."

Yeah. 

How unintentionally accurate.  Lori PITS her style of "christianity" against all others, causing division amongst women, and even men, INTENTIONALLY.

Love your amended cartoon, @Sarah92

40 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I'm pretty sure that in Laine's day 30K was easier to live on. Last year we were at 34K and it wasn't easy. 

Plus it depends on where they are. My husband's uncle bought a house twelve years ago for less than $50,000 in a teeny, tiny rural town. Housing is ridiculously cheap there. 

My cousins in Appalachia have three times the house we have for less money. I just found a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1200 square feet house listed in their county for $79,000. 

When Laine moves to San Francisco and lives comfortably with a large family today on that, I will be impressed. 

Lori reposted the cartoon on FB and explains why she deleted it all. Something about deciding to ask Ken something about it. Why didn't she do that in the first place? LOL. 

30,000 will have you doing okay where I'm at in a small Midwestern town. I just found an apartment/townhouse thing for 550 that's 2 bedroom and 1.5 bathrooms. Too big for a just me really. I'll have a piece of patio and bit of yard as well. 550 is about the average price of rent around here. However, 30,000 is not something I'd recommend having five kids on even around here.  Small towns can be cheaper but full time jobs with benefits can be harder to come by; I was extremely lucky to get the job I did without having to leave town. 

However, go about an hour north of me and 30,000 would probably make it pretty rough to live on. 

Oh, the cartoon...isn't she the one throwing people out the window when she deletes their posts and bans them?

Here's my personal FB post for today -- If you're going to make a statement of fact, make sure you have the evidence to back it up. Men prefer, women prefer, many men, many women, many, many, most, most? What defines many? What defines most? More than 50%? More than 33% if you have 3 options? If you're wondering what this is about, just Google the phrase "virgins, debt-free, and tattoos." You'll see the firestorm in action!

Last night I spent too much time pondering Lori.  Does she have friends who truly care about her?  Does she ever feel happiness?  She says she's joyful, but I don't see it at all.  Am I wrong?  I would like to ask her questions the way I would one of my employees..."That's interesting?  Why would you say that?"  Just to hear her answer.

Kristina brought me to FJ, and JRod made me stay. I never explored the world of Lori Alexander until this week. Now, I can't stay away! This woman is crazy! Some people should have never found the internet. They do so much damage.

4 minutes ago, PianoGal said:

Kristina brought me to FJ, and JRod made me stay. I never explored the world of Lori Alexander until this week. Now, I can't stay away! 

It's the train wreck thing.  There's the impulse to rescue the victims, it's hard to watch, but fascinating in a weirdly horrifying way.  

15 hours ago, Curious said:

I posted it on our facebook today along with a link to Carol's post with the other screenshot.

That's great, Curious! I think you are helping to defeat their damaging message. It's good to bring ugliness out in the open.

22 hours ago, Petronella said:

Yikes! I’m very pro-passion, but not when it potentially involves unwitting strangers.

@feministxtian as long as the park has thick greenery as a shield and it isn't up against a pine tree... (don't ask):giggle:

something with smooth bark, like a beech, is fine :)

Lazy weekend, watching 90s classics, so true :bigheart:

Screenshot_2018-07-21-19-27-14.png

@squiddysquid I don't remember what kind of tree it was. 

Sex on the beach is HIGHLY overrated...it takes DAYS to get the sand out of every crack, crevice and orifice. Blanket or towel doesn't help a damn bit. 

30 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Sex on the beach is HIGHLY overrated...it takes DAYS to get the sand out of every crack, crevice and orifice. Blanket or towel doesn't help a damn bit. 

Truth.  Cornfields are also highly unpleasant, but hay fields are great.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Everyone always says that about the beach but that was not my experience... we kept everything but the essentials covered so that might have played a role but there were no problems with sand for us :giggle:

1 hour ago, zeppelincommander said:

Truth.  Cornfields are also highly unpleasant, but hay fields are great.

Golf course at midnight.....

20 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

More butter obsession

Welllll in order to keep good milk production some grain is necessary for most cows, but what do I know, I'm just a lowly homesteader who can't afford Sierra Nevada butter. SN cows are still fed grains, only about 70% of their diet is grass  the rest is non GMO grain. 

Until I can afford something better, I'll still be enjoying my Kerrygold. Dear Lori, kerrygold cows are on pasture 90% of the time, btw. On the off season they are supplemented with silage (dried grass cut throughout the year.) After calving they are supplemented with some grain, most consisting of locally grown barely & wheat, with some distillers grain. Only 3% of their grain involves GM grains. 

Any sane herd owner in most regions will tell you that 100% grass-fed with zero supplementation is a nice idea, however, not realistic. Winter happens in most places. So does drought  

I long for the day when I can have a milk cow again. Jersey butter FTW. <3

8 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

More butter obsession

Interesting that their website doesn't seem to list prices, unless I missed that. But another site has the butter listed at around $9 a pound, a little less the more you buy in bulk. Ken must have put her on a butter budget. :pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Golf course at midnight.....

Back of a pick up on the HRBT.

31 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Back of a pick up on the HRBT.

Well, that's one way to pass the time when traffic's backed up to Granby St! :pb_lol:

I'm so sick of the GMO crap. Native Americans manipulated the DNA of crops, and all civilizations since people became agrarian have. Granted it isn't in a lab, but it's the exact same concept!!!

58 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

I'm so sick of the GMO crap. Native Americans manipulated the DNA of crops, and all civilizations since people became agrarian have. Granted it isn't in a lab, but it's the exact same concept!!!

They weren't manipulating them to be tolerant of round up. But yes, similar concept. There are some worrying issues with some aspects of raising GMOs as noted by many in the ag industry, and in some crops weeds & bugs are adapting & are having to be fought with stronger and stronger stuff, which ends up on our food. But it doesn't warrant the mass hysteria either. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived