IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 9: Where Are They Honeymooning?

Coconut Flan

23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pickles and her hyperbole is almost as bad as the Duggars themselves at this point. 

She is pretty awful some days.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

She is pretty awful always

Fixed it for you. ;) 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Fixed it for you. ;) 

Pickles FB page would be a great resource if it weren't for her, she's got more mood swings than Trump has the best brilliant Idea. I wonder if she too is a stable genius? :think:

14 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Your carbon footprint comment got me wondering: what do fundies think of climate change?  Do they fall in with the republican denial that it’s even a thing?  Do they think God controls the weather from high above?  I’m curious.

They don't think climate change is real, and that G-d will never let anything bad happen to the planet.  JimBob has gone on record saying that overpopulation isn't a problem because the entire population of the world can fit into Jacksonville, Florida.  I've even heard fundy arguments that recycling is a form of idol worship.

Compounding the problem is that now there are studies showing that there is a correlation between racism and climate change denial.  Basically, racists hated Obama so much that they came to hate everything he supported.  So if white fundies thought that Obama was Satan, they aren't going to buy into anything that Democrats care about.

I know speculation is our bag here lol, so I don’t know why it feels so nuts to me this time, but it really does. We can’t know her every deepest (darkest) feeling because of this one awkward video. 

16 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I know speculation is our bag here lol, so I don’t know why it feels so nuts to me this time, but it really does. We can’t know her every deepest (darkest) feeling because of this one awkward video. 

I'd probably have been the same if my parents had invited 10,000 people to my wedding, to be honest.

I'm actually amazed at how well the Duggar kids present themselves on camera sometimes. I would be openly miserable, awkward, weird, as all get out. Lauren hadn't been raised on camera. I'll repeat myself: Lauren has my deepest sympathies for the controlled mob scene at her wedding. 

The Duggarlings have grown up on camera. It’s natural to them.  any spouse they catch needs to either a good actor or naturally outgoing or enthusiastic or both. Or Learn/adapt quickly. 

Have there been any pics of the whole wedding party? Or of Josiah with his groomsmen, or Lauren with her bridesmaids? It seems like we've gotten those pics at this point with other weddings. 

37 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Have there been any pics of the whole wedding party? Or of Josiah with his groomsmen, or Lauren with her bridesmaids? It seems like we've gotten those pics at this point with other weddings. 

There hasn’t been yet, but I read on the online people article that the wedding will be featured on the issue that’s on newsstands today, so maybe some pics of the party will be there. Someone take one for the team and take a glimpse at the grocery store!

The Mob Wedding. 

I think Ben and Jessa did a wise thing with having their first kiss in private. 

On 7/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, I thought that as well, until my 3 and 5 year olds got into a shouting match at a local grocery store one weekday morning, so lots of little old ladies around to hear them shout "YOU'RE A PENIS!" "YOUR'RE A VAGINA!" at each other, oh yeah that was embarrassing at the time but it's hilarious now. We did start calling them a winkiy & business after that at least until they were old enough to know better than to scream penis & vagina at each other when surrounded by little old ladies. :pb_lol:

My brother and his friends did the "who can shot penis the loudest" in the lunchroom at school in 7-9th grade. Honestly he might still play it and he's in his 30s. You have awhile to wait. Lol.

So I’m a little embarrassed to admit I have a subscription to People magazine. (I also have ones to Time and NAtional Geographic to balance myself out a little bit. Lol) I was surprised that there was only one page dedicated to Josiah and Lauren’s wedding. I got it yesterday. I looked through the whole thing thinking it was continued somewhere else. Only three pictures with captions and not even a short article. I attached a screenshot from the magazine. No new pics or any other interesting information from the wedding. 

A7988ECF-5678-41BF-BB27-FD152F9AE236.jpeg

3 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I just keep thinking how completely different this couple seems compared to Joe and Kendra. Obviously they are different people with different personalities, but they (or any of the other couples) have yet to shoot a video that sends up red flags for me the way Josiah and Lauren have. It may mean nothing, but again...this is kind of what we do here! Plus, they aren’t giving us anything else to work with! We will analyze this video till we get another. 

On 7/13/2018 at 2:40 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

Holy shit! What a controlled mob scene these massive weddings produce. For some reason, the size is my consistent BEC with these weddings. You people are not royalty. Yes, you have a massive fuck-ton of kids in common. I dont believe that produces close, lasting friendships, not even with Jesus thrown into the mix. Ironically, all those people seems very lonely and isolating to me.  

Hmm, various cultures around the world have massive weddings, and they aren't cultish or royalty.  The cultures that I know about that tend to have massive weddings are China and India.  Also a lady from Kenya that was at a place I used to work was having her wedding in India and they were booking out a hotel that her parents were paying  for, they were also paying for entertainment for a few days, etc for several hundred guests.

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Explosive and wonderful is not how I'd describe a first kiss.  The winning fart in a contest, maybe.

Maybe an orgasm came with it?

2 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

Hmm, various cultures around the world have massive weddings, and they aren't cultish or royalty.  The cultures that I know about that tend to have massive weddings are China and India.  Also a lady from Kenya that was at a place I used to work was having her wedding in India and they were booking out a hotel that her parents were paying  for, they were also paying for entertainment for a few days, etc for several hundred guests.

This really is mostly snark on the Duggars. There isn't anything wrong with having a large/very large guest list. Also, the Duggars guest list is quoted at being around 1,000. That isn't large. It's absolutely massive. It's 2-3 times larger than the several hundred guests you mentioned. The guests you mentioned may not technically be royalty but it sure soynds like they got treated like royalty. (Good for them, these weddings you describe sound wonderful.) I do remain irritated at the media attention the Duggar weddings get. They share the same D list fame of the Bates. They should get the same modest media coverage as the Bates. I own that being annoyed at their wedding size is BEC. I will just count my blessings that since I wasn't invited, I don't have to worry about it. 

10 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I agree. I think I might stay away from the thread for some time as I feel the speculation train has reached an uncomfortable level for me. The video is awkward- Fullstop. But there are a thousand possible reasons, many that were mentioned, many non of us would ever think off. Speculating that Josiah is an abusive ass, already making her life hell (paraphrasing here) goes too far for me.

I also don’t think that they would already be aware if they are actually not that into each other. The “great” thing about making Jesus a priority is that this will overcome everything if you are just Christian enough- in the end you could marry anybody and be in a perfectly happy Christian marriage if both of you are just doing your Christian best and duty. That is some serious mind fuck and can make it hard to realise that it is just not ok/ you are miserable.

3 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

Want to add Turkish weddings. Talked to colleague and he said that his cousin decided to have a small intimate wedding, so “only 100” guests. His grandmother was furious. There are definitely Turkish weddings with 1000 guests but from what I understand most are around 500-800. It is a huge deal to them and I know some people who went into huge debt for this. 

I don’t think I even know 1000 people and I definitely don’t know more than 200 people I like enough to consider to invite to my wedding and that is without relatives if you say you have to invite them anyway.

Another of thousand reasons for the off video that I don't remember if it has been mentioned: Could Lauren seem teary be because she will start or have just started her period? I know I can be a bit 'off' and teary when I am on my period/just before, and if they had already shot the video ten times and Lauren kept forgetting the words, she might be super frustrated, and then write them down, and read them out loud, hence why it sounded so scripted. 

Apologies if this is coming off as sexist, "oh a woman is a little bit emotional, she must be on her period", that was not the intention, I just know how I am myself, and how my female friends and family are. 

Revised dress opinion: still would have loved sleeveless or long sleeves more, but DAT BACK DETAIL (or what we see of it). Make it sleeveless or long sleeved and I would wear this as my wedding dress. 

On huge weddings: I get it's a cultural thing, but in my own mind, I just don't get having 1000 people at a wedding. Maybe 50-100 would be people who actually interact with you on a regular basis and give a shit about your life. I feel like if I got invited to one of those huge weddings and I was not in that 50-100 inner circle, I'd feel like I was just at a stranger's very nice party that's clearly for them and those 50-100 people whom they actually know. I get it on a rational level: it's to show off wealth/success, have esteem with distant family members and business partners, introduce marriageable young people to each other, (on the guest's side) excuse to eat tons of free food/get shitfaced if religion permits...but to me/in my culture, weddings are such a personal thing and it just feels weird to invite a football stadium's worth of people who only cared about you when you gave them an excuse to dress up and eat free food to come celebrate a deeply personal life milestone. Again, I get it, but in my own mind, I don't get it. It's like Christmas: I get all the traditions and their significance, but at the same time, I sometimes think "it's kinda weird to cut down a tree, put it in your living room, cover it in bric-a-brac, shove expensive stuff under it, and then tell your children that an obese Turkish man with magical powers broke into the house at night and left the expensive stuff there". Doesn't mean it's a bad thing, but it gets weird when you look at it from a certain point of view. 

9 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I also don’t think that they would already be aware if they are actually not that into each other. The “great” thing about making Jesus a priority is that this will overcome everything if you are just Christian enough- in the end you could marry anybody and be in a perfectly happy Christian marriage if both of you are just doing your Christian best and duty. That is some serious mind fuck and can make it hard to realize that it is just not ok/ you are mmiserable.

Yep, this. I went to a Southern Baptist college (for a year before transferring out). I know SO many people who got married young and without having ever really dated. They're all super religious and they don't even know if they have a miserable marriage because they are taught from a young age that marriage is forever and you just make it work. Plus, they have nothing to compare it to. To them being in a Christian marriage means practicing JOY - Jesus first, others second (aka: your spouse), yourself last. Their whole marriage is about making the other happy and serving God....but that just not realistic in life for the average person.

We were reminding Youngest last year that Santa could see EVERYTHING so he better be good and Oldest under breath says to me "that's some creepy stalker shit right there". Cracked me up!

I have an almost off topic question. Since I obviously had nothing better to do yesterday, I watched all of the episodes from season 7. In my defence, I'm on vacation, Mr Xenobia is busy watching Wimbledon tennis and the cats are sleeping. And I haven't seen all of them before - there's limited access here in Scandinavia. 

At around 4.29 (yes, 4 h 29 min) in the video, who is helping out with first a frame of some kind, and then flowers in the preparations for JoKens wedding? Hello Lauren. Yes, I know the families are "friends" (whatever that means), but not all of the friends are helping out with weddning preparation. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I don't think it's just a random thing. I think Si and Lauren have been sort of dating for way longer than we think, but they didn't make it public until it was a good time for ratings/she was at least 18. 

Link to the youtube thingy: 

10 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

This really is mostly snark on the Duggars. There isn't anything wrong with having a large/very large guest list. Also, the Duggars guest list is quoted at being around 1,000. That isn't large. It's absolutely massive. It's 2-3 times larger than the several hundred guests you mentioned. The guests you mentioned may not technically be royalty but it sure soynds like they got treated like royalty. (Good for them, these weddings you describe sound wonderful.) I do remain irritated at the media attention the Duggar weddings get. They share the same D list fame of the Bates. They should get the same modest media coverage as the Bates. I own that being annoyed at their wedding size is BEC. I will just count my blessings that since I wasn't invited, I don't have to worry about it. 

Well....everyone is entitled to their own BEC peeves, of course, - but - they are certainly more famous than the Bates. More C list now. And I don’t think a mention and some photos in media  when one gets married is a big deal. With all the 24/7 space of a billion competing internet spaces - EVERYTHING is covered.

As to the big weddings - they know a lot of people. The people they know have a lot of children, who grow up and marry and have a lot of children.  Their culture encourages inviting everyone you know, and your parents know, including their children, to a big wedding with an informal reception. That can get massive very, very quickly.  

Even with less gigantic families - You have the “if I invite x , y and z - from the office, I can’t really leave out b...” and if I invite cousin c and d who I’m close to, I really should include the other cousins...and then fiancé should invite cousins...and of course cousins and co-workers have kids and /or partners...” It can add up fast! Particularly if they are involved in sports or hobbies or clubs....

It’s just different than a culture that invites only close personal friends and family, and doesn’t include most children, for a formal wedding and sit down dinner where you need a firm head count and are paying by plate. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived