IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 9: Where Are They Honeymooning?

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, Ms. Squishels said:

And OMG.  I hate when people don't use correct terms for their body parts, mostly when people teach their sons to call their penis a tallywacker and such.  Really, a sex-ed book that says to "flick her bean".  What the hell!!  My mother was a nurse, and my cousins always made fun of us because we had to say bowel movement instead of poop or doo-doo.  Haha.  Yeah, that was a little extreme.

In a lot of cases, this is actually dangerous because it can impair some kids' ability to report abuse. I heard an anecdote about a little girl who'd been taught to call her vagina "her cookie". When she got molested by a family member, she told others that he'd "touched [her] cookie", to which no one knew what she really meant and the abuse continued until someone figured it out.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it could be likely we are seeing the first gothard bride to show her reality and maybe Lauren can't hide it like the others.  Siah seemed so aloof going on about jesus.  I found the whole thing disturbing.   I'm on Lauren's side here.  It's too much, too fast and she's only 19.  He's an inexperienced entitled 21 year old.  He may not be naturally caring, gentle and intune with her fears.  When Siah was with Marjorie in videos it was like a show.  Very fake and well, showy.  Joe seems very different Kendra.  Kind and gentle.  Siah reminds me more of Josh in actions.  That newlywed kiss was heartbreaking. She pulled away!  I think Lauren needs a day alone with her mom.  I don't blame her.  I think she's rightfully freaked out and can't hide it.  I'd be terrified to go from 0-sex, even when I had sex with my bf's before I got married, it was never straight to it.  Not for me.  It progressed naturally or not.

Fact is she is  in now and no getting out. She has to learn to deal the best she can because the Duggars run the show, literally and figuratively and Josiah will make the ultimate final decision on everything that goes on in her life now. 

9 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

It's easy to see why girls who based their whole identity on being a "pure daughter" are so quick to adopt the "wifey" and "blessed mama" persona as a substitute - they need some feminine archetype to fill that void.

Because you can't enjoy being a wife/mother without it being the whole of your identity! :pb_rollseyes: Nearly all of the women I know who adopted that persona grew up in fundie or fundie-lite families, and that doesn't surprise me in the least. 

17 hours ago, freethemall said:

She should've done an updo.

I wonder what the almighty Nathan Bates would've had to say about that!

Chris Jeub posted pics on his public fb of the wedding. 2 of them are 3D pics that give a good look at the guests. There were a whole lot of people (of course). 

F293A3D9-6AF0-4993-8D24-C211ED3832CA.jpeg

Holy shit! What a controlled mob scene these massive weddings produce. For some reason, the size is my consistent BEC with these weddings. You people are not royalty. Yes, you have a massive fuck-ton of kids in common. I dont believe that produces close, lasting friendships, not even with Jesus thrown into the mix. Ironically, all those people seems very lonely and isolating to me. 

In the Thank You video I think it just seemed super scripted and she probably sighed out of frustration for still not performing it perfectly after practicing.  It looked so very staged.  I can't imagine the terrors of jumping so quickly into marriage at 19 and along with all of that being expected to act natural in front of the cameras.

I feel a bit sorry for so many of these young fundie women. She is married to someone she's never been alone with before the wedding night, and expected to start popping out babies ASAP. She's 19! She should be college age, working a summer job, going out with friends, learning who she is apart from her family, trying out hobbies, having new experiences, with her whole life ahead of her. So many of these girls look like in high school they would have been cheerleaders (like Michelle, ahem), in the running for student council, playing in the band, playing softball or volleyball... yet so many of them spent that time at home, raising their younger siblings, not allowed to even imagine being whatever they want to be. They'll be brides, then moms, or they'll stay home like Jana and be a sister-mom. At least Jana has her garden, but she seems to have the potential to be so much more! 

Being a virgin bride myself, I understand how filming that video could've been incredibly stressful for her. She knows the world knows they had "sweet fellowship." I felt humiliated the first time I saw my parents when my husband and I got back from our honeymoon.

There are all the other reasons others have mentioned here, such as homesickness, realizing the future ahead of her, less than extraordinary sex. I hope they can find compatibility and be happy.

ETA: Purity culture is so destructive. I know plenty of us on FJ are victims of purity culture, and I know we can all take a collective sigh of relief that we didn’t have to face that aftermath on television! I’m still coming to terms with sexuality 7 years after losing my v-card.

42 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I feel a bit sorry for so many of these young fundie women. She is married to someone she's never been alone with before the wedding night, and expected to start popping out babies ASAP. She's 19! She should be college age, working a summer job, going out with friends, learning who she is apart from her family, trying out hobbies, having new experiences, with her whole life ahead of her. So many of these girls look like in high school they would have been cheerleaders (like Michelle, ahem), in the running for student council, playing in the band, playing softball or volleyball... yet so many of them spent that time at home, raising their younger siblings, not allowed to even imagine being whatever they want to be. They'll be brides, then moms, or they'll stay home like Jana and be a sister-mom. At least Jana has her garden, but she seems to have the potential to be so much more! 

I could so see Kendra as a bubbly cheerleader! 

29 minutes ago, fundiesfordays said:

Being a virgin bride myself, I understand how filming that video could've been incredibly stressful for her. She knows the world knows they had "sweet fellowship." I felt humiliated the first time I saw my parents when my husband and I got back from our honeymoon.

There are all the other reasons others have mentioned here, such as homesickness, realizing the future ahead of her, less than extraordinary sex. I hope they can find compatibility and be happy.

I was embarrassed seeing family after my wedding and i had 2 long term ( about 3 years)  prior bf's to my husband who i lived with for 6 months!  Errybody know for sure now! It's weird.  On Lauren's level?  I'd hide.

Plus  the little things ( compared to sex) like: sleeping in the same bed, showering and changing......

Also, I wonder if Siah and Josh seem similar because they got trained a lot.  Sent away for programming.  As boys, that is harmful to them trying to be themselves and forced to be who their parents and community thinks they should be.  Josh is a whole nother situation but, you know what I mean?

The back of her dress looks really cool. The post it notes on the car look fucking tragic. 

32 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The back of her dress looks really cool. The post it notes on the car look fucking tragic. 

I didn't ck out the car closely apparently.   Post its?  Holy carbon footprint Batwoman!  Pales in comparison to styrofoam but still.  These people! Ugh.

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

I didn't ck out the car closely apparently.   Post its?  Holy carbon footprint Batwoman!  Pales in comparison to styrofoam but still.  These people! Ugh.

Your carbon footprint comment got me wondering: what do fundies think of climate change?  Do they fall in with the republican denial that it’s even a thing?  Do they think God controls the weather from high above?  I’m curious.

I imagine they think every thing is according to God's plan.  And that if the world end's they meet Jesus faster.  Which for them is the ultimate high.  I think, don't know.

Edited to add: 

I wonder if any of them see that Adam and Eve being started in a garden to tend means that they were meant to care for earth.

5th Mark of Mission in the Anglican Church.

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Not only that but you can't see out of the back of the car.

50 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Your carbon footprint comment got me wondering: what do fundies think of climate change?  Do they fall in with the republican denial that it’s even a thing?  Do they think God controls the weather from high above?  I’m curious.

As far as I know, they think climate change is a hoax.  A scare tactic.  Nothing to worry about or think of. 

1 hour ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

My parents were aligned with fundies on almost everything until you get to theology (extreme conservative Catholics) and they thought that it was a hoax AND that if it's caused by carbon emissions it's okay because "God wouldn't have put the oil in the ground if he didn't want us to use it"

Has the relationship has grown over the years @woonaluna? Or do the Duggars invite the "right people" to every wedding regardless of closeness? 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180712-232930.thumb.png.23ecc036a97d81c7355824d7bcb15973.png

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not only that but you can't see out of the back of the car.

Jesus take the wheel. 

Also, what are all these female guests (I see three in Chris Jeub's photo) doing wearing white? Your entire social life is built around going to ultra-traditional Western weddings; how do you break that fairly major etiquette rule? 

16 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I could so see Kendra as a bubbly cheerleader! 

But she is! She’s a cheerleader for Joe and for Jesus! :pb_lol:

10 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Has the relationship has grown over the years @woonaluna? Or do the Duggars invite the "right people" to every wedding regardless of closeness? 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180712-232930.thumb.png.23ecc036a97d81c7355824d7bcb15973.png

Pickles and her hyperbole is almost as bad as the Duggars themselves at this point. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived