IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 9: Where Are They Honeymooning?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, tamjamb said:

Michelle’s dress is ghastly.

Little Bo Peep is wandering around naked and afraid somewhere.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh! That dress is only a slight step down from the tin man dress. 

On 7/12/2018 at 9:34 PM, Imrlgoddess said:

Has the relationship has grown over the years @woonaluna? Or do the Duggars invite the "right people" to every wedding regardless of closeness? 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180712-232930.thumb.png.23ecc036a97d81c7355824d7bcb15973.png

Sorry, I got tagged several pages back... I don't know what the relationship is like, just that apparently the Duggars see my parents as "hated by the world for their Godly lifestyle" and see me as a rebellious apostate. 

As for why my sisters are wearing white to a wedding, I couldn't say. My mom wouldn't let me wear white to a wedding because it's a faux pas she was aware of at some point. All I know is I can't see the pictures my dad posted on his blog of the wedding because I have him blocked on Facebook.  

44 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Michelle's dress is a step up from the astronaut-shooting-into-orbit dress at Jill's wedding. That's all I got. :pb_confused:

I wonder if Jim Bob was able to think of a compliment this time other than "what a modest dress, mama"

The false getaway car. The couple was adamant about not having pranks during the ceremony, so the family and friends had to make up for it during the rest of the day!

Gee, I can't imagine why the couple would be so adamant about not having pranks!

@Iamtheway, one of my daughters said that we have to go to the ball next time.  I also want us to have proper Regency frocks.  We made bonnets and carried parasols, but we needed frocks as well.  Anyway, the festival was so much fun!

@freethemall the shoe game is where they each hold one of each others and their own shoes and then they're asked questions to see how well they know each other

Like, totally.  Let's figure out how well the wedded couple DOESN'T know their partner, in front of 1000 guests.  Awkward.

Perhaps they should just go on The Newlywed Game and at least win not win a boat.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

@Starrynight the shoe game is where they each hold one of each others and their own shoes and then they're asked questions to see how well they know each other like "who is most likely to eat everything on the plate" and they raise the shoe of who they think it is. It's popular. And dumb.

Jeopardy?????

Josiah was adamant about no pranks? Hasn't he been responsible for pranks at other weddings and isn't he known as a jokester? 

Standing on the fake getaway car her dress looks prettier than any other picture we've seen, you can finally see the detail on the back.

Thank you for the explanation @freethemall.

I’ve not been to a reception where they played games... but the Duggars don’t dance right? So this takes the place of the guests dancing?

They had a video up where they were playing the shoe game and laughing about how Lauren is going to be the one doing all the cooking, but it looks like the post is gone.

27 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

They had a video up where they were playing the shoe game and laughing about how Lauren is going to be the one doing all the cooking, but it looks like the post is gone.

Yeah Jill and Derick deleted the post and the yt videos. Too bad the internet is forever lol.

they probably pissed TLC off since they released a whole lot of stuff and TLC always tries to keeps the details of the wedding secret until they air it

Maybe I'm crazy but I sort of like Michelle's dress. Honestly, it seems a bit fashion forward and I like that. I'm sorry but I have so much trouble liking Tshirt dresses that the bridesmaids and bridal dresses are still a bit "meh" to me.

I'm not caught up on this thread, but it looks like the wedding was relatively chill/normal. I hope everyone involved is still doing well.

2 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

this photo looks like it *could* be the whole bridal party, but I also distinctly recall the People article saying 8 bridesmaids. i think many on FJ inferred 8ish groomsmen....but I only see 7 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen in this pic. I am ridiculously curious. haha. 

I'd guess from L to R.....Kendra, Lauren C?, that one Duggar friend who I won't name but who we recently-ish saw post a photo w/ bride-Lauren on insta, Lily Swanson, Joy in the background, other Swanson Sister, Jana. Lauren, Si. Rando dude in a non-matched suit. Headless groomsman, Austin, Joe, corner of a groomsman's head, wheelchair groomsman, Jed. I'm sure Si had Jer and James on his side as well somewhere. 

I think I count eight groomsmen here. The head of the gentleman in the wheelchair should be too low to be #5 or #7. One of #7's legs is visible behind the wheelchair,  as well as part of a leg or shoe of #5 (I can't remember now what I saw before cropping the pic and now it's a bit fuzzy on my phone).

20180715_234151.jpg

I'm having trouble finding these photos on the Dillard website, is the whole post removed?

From what I'm seeing in the pictures posted here, I love that capelet and sheath dress that the mother of the bride is wearing. The look has a retro 60's feel to it.

Moochelle's Milkmaid Monstrosity- Oh my! There are things I kind of like about the dress, but not on her. It reminds me of something I wore on Halloween when I was 16, likely paired with a black leather jacket, fishnet stockings, and gothic doll makeup. The ruffles and horizontal seams on that dress are making her look shorter and wider. Michelle is channeling Fundie Umbridge (Fundbridge?).

I like the colour of the bridesmaid dresses, and the more I see of Lauren's dress, the more I like it. It's still plainer than anything I would wear, but very chic and flattering. In fact, it looks like some of the Swanson guests are more glam and well dressed than many fundies.

8 minutes ago, coexist said:

I think I count eight groomsmen here. The head of the gentleman in the wheelchair should be too low to be #5 or #7. One of #7's legs is visible behind the wheelchair,  as well as part of a leg or shoe of #5 (I can't remember now what I saw before cropping the pic and now it's a bit fuzzy on my phone).

20180715_234151.jpg

The first guy you counted is David Benham. Pretty sure he wasn’t a groomsman, he isn’t even wearing their outfit. I think they chose him to host the game they were playing

Ahhh, gotcha. I thought maybe someone decided to differentiate between best man and regular groomsmen by giving him a speshul suit, lol. Thanks! (Not that it would make any sense. Apparently I just like counting ALL OF THE THINGS!!!1!!1)

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm having trouble finding these photos on the Dillard website, is the whole post removed?

EDIT: The pics are all available on the Keeping Up with Fundies tumblr if you didn't see them on Jill's now-deleted post. http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/ 

Original Post: It looks like it has been, although the Instagram pic announcing their website wedding post is still up. So they haven't purged all of the evidence of the apparently taboo posting thus far.

And if that InstaEmbed no longer shows the wedding post I'm including a screenshot in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

431579900_WeddingPostEvidence.thumb.PNG.a0b41ea486599e983236ff0f7a314797.PNG

Damn, I am LOVING that dress the more I see of it.  The back detail  ( you can see it in the photo where they are standing on the car ) is amazing. And it looks like it has pearl button detail all the way down. 

As far as Michelle’s - I think that may have been just a particularly bad angle in that photo, What’s sadly ironic,  to me, is that part of what makes the dress look off is the shorter length - if it was more of a tea length - like what she usually wears, it would look much better. 

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

Damn, I am LOVING that dress the more I see of it.  The back detail  ( you can see it in the photo where they are standing on the car ) is amazing. And it looks like it has pearl button detail all the way down. 

As far as Michelle’s - I think that may have been just a particularly bad angle in that photo, What’s sadly ironic,  to me, is that part of what makes the dress look off is the shorter length - if it was more of a tea length - like what she usually wears, it would look much better. 

Is that back see through? Honestly can’t tell, but it sure looks like it’s just lace in the back. 

Derick and Jill really should have asked if they could’ve posted those pics. How hard can it be?

Since when do they ever think about anything besides what will benefit them?

I think that is Joy in front of Jessa.  There is another pic of Joy in a bridesmaid dress and Austin is a groomsman.  Michelle is almost showing knees!

6 hours ago, coexist said:

20180715_234151.jpg

I love how Austin is yawning in that pic - bored or sleep deprived because of Gideon, or both?

I don't think we've seen games at the other weddings. It seems their MO is usually to get through the reception super duper fast, take some pics and cut the cake then get out ASAP to not waste any time filling their quiver. The after-party always seems like the real reception.

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Derick and Jill really should have asked if they could’ve posted those pics. How hard can it be?

It's not hard for the average person, but for entitled Dwreck and follow-along Jill, it would be damn near impossible for them to know they'd get into "trouble" from the Duggarmachine.

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

How hard can it be? This is Jill & OfJill we are talking about here, they needed hits on their website so they posted new photos that people wanted to see, never mind they weren't supposed too.  Not only did they post her brother's wedding photos they posted photos of THEMSELVES. It's like Trump keeping the Queen waiting and then walking in front of her to get more attention for himself. OfJill and Trump are the same type of person, they think ONLY of themselves, and Jilly Muffin is just trying to keep up with her headship to keep him happy. Because she knows better than anyone what happens if he's not happy. 

I'm not implying he's physically abusive, just a whiney little cocksplat (thank you Scotland for my new favorite insult). :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived