IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 9: Where Are They Honeymooning?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Forget the kissing--marrying someone you don't truly know, or who has been picked for you, is difficult. When you've never been ALONE or alone with just 1 person (unless perhaps with a parent or infant sibling), never been away from home is horrible.

People who were in love have dealt with wedding night as the first sex for centuries--even not knowing what it involved. But when you don't choose the person or if you have willingly (i.e. culture demands) accepted an arranged marriage but it is a total mismatch, then the whole thing would be even more traumatic. And, that's without having to be on t.v.

Tbh I don't get such a strong impression that it's arranged.  Like, yes, she has to pick someone her family and community approve of, and she doesn't get the chanceto shop around (if a courtship goes reasonably well -- they marry) but I do think the choice was hers and Josiah's.

(By contrast, I have relative who do arranged marriages -- their parents select the person with the help of a matchmaker and reference before they even meet.  They get veto power, but they aren't given a lot of time to get to know the person before being asked to say yes or no.  Just a few minutes in some cases.)

6 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I like this! D33F8794-2A46-4F12-9091-6EFE348258FB.thumb.jpeg.0adb4c72e91e20109a72f4e41d2025de.jpeg 

it looks like the veil covered it all up though which kinda sucks

Wow that's gorgeous

Even InTOuch thought the video was awkward:

image.thumb.png.697a1f23dc0980365bd589f76ee45326.png

This was actually the first video I watched with her and the first time I heard the weird breathy baby voice. I know people have mentioned the baby voice before but I wasn't sure if with the breathiness it was worse here or if it's always that bad. The main time I noticed her being out of breath was that one pause where she looks over at Josiah. Sounded to me like she was emotional and trying not to cry when she made that breath.

Their kiss was AWKWARD.

In terms of the discussion on their relationship and whether it's arranged, I can see that maybe they've formed a great friendship and it's like "oh ok so this is what love is". Similiar to PecanThief and Priscilla, they have no chemistry either but seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company. This video confirmed to me that she seems hot AF for him but he's either more mild or else confusing friendship love vs. being in romantic love.

Her hair looked beautiful but doesn't look like the curls held up in the later pictures.

I hate the stupid getaway car.

I saw this was Hot and thought dear Rufus, is she pregnant already? Then I thought, maybe that is why she was crying/weird in that video, they just found out she's pregnant? :shocked: 

I wish I were joking. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

17 hours ago, beepy13 said:

Siah seems fairly content and happy. The video is definitely SUPER awkward, but I agree that it seems like Lauren was trying to read and/or remember lines and specific talking points. Maybe (hopefully) she's just not comfortable in front of the camera, and that's what we're seeing in the video.

I'm with you. I work in a field where we create a lot of videos.  I've seen scores of perfectly warm, funny, engaging people -- weird out for lack of a better term -- as soon as the cameras are on.  Josiah has been brought up in front of cameras so he's more used to them, but Lauren is young and probably isn't comfortable talking on camera.    I'm not going to read into it because I know from experience that her reaction is very common.  Being on camera is akin to public speaking which is one of the most fear-inducing things for most people. 

Her hair and the back of the dress were gorgeous, but if you have a back of the dress with that much detail, why oh why would you cover it up with your hair being down. AND, then cover up your beautifully done hair with a huge veil...(and then it didn't stay in very well) and the long veil covered up all the back detailing even more. Just weird.

At first I didn't think it was even here because I couldn't see the detail from the previous pics, of her hair or the dress.

Yeah it's sad how they just end up with whoever their first boyfriend is.  I'm trying to imagine what my life would be like if I'd married one of the boys I dated at 16 or 17... we've grown so different since then, I can't imagine actually building a life together.  And if I'd married the boy I dated when I was 19... I'd be stuck in with a patronizing sexist.  Though I guess patronizing sexists are the name of the game for the Duggars.  Sigh.

More likely Cause she got the D, lost her V and it wasn’t at all the beautiful, heavenly experience with choirs of angels  she had been expecting to get. Messy, painful and embarrassing was a huge crush.  Or she did not and thinks she did something wrong and is a failure. 

18 minutes ago, RavenclawPajamas said:

Yeah it's sad how they just end up with whoever their first boyfriend is.  I'm trying to imagine what my life would be like if I'd married one of the boys I dated at 16 or 17... we've grown so different since then, I can't imagine actually building a life together.  And if I'd married the boy I dated when I was 19... I'd be stuck in with a patronizing sexist.  Though I guess patronizing sexists are the name of the game for the Duggars.  Sigh.

I didn't even date at 16 or 17. But the two in college....yikes. Friends with both on Facebook. One seems devoted to eating and avoiding fitness at all costs. (I mean, you do you, but I like to be fit enough to hike, enjoy festivals and outdoor things in the summer, bike a bit...). And his current interests are not my cup of tea at all. Plus he's a conservative in all things but Trump. Of course, he loudly supports a senator from our state who likes to say anti-Trump things then vote with Trump 100% of the time. 

And the other....he's a committed evangelical doing all the gender roles. When his mother remarried all of ten months after his dad died, he posted a whole thing about how blessed they are that she found someone new "to lead" her so quickly. My dad died about six weeks after his did. I would have been pretty uncomfortable if my mother had been remarrying ten months later. And he seems as on and off about his wife as he was about whether or not we were dating in college. 

I consider the two of them to be bullets dodged. 

14 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

I actually read through the Intended for Pleasure book when someone posted the PDF here a month or two ago, because I have too much time on my hands apparently, and it does talk about other stimulation. I remember being shocked by the instructions to continue pleasuring your wife by *coughs* uhm, um flicking her bean, after sex. 

Omg.  I just burst out laughing for like 3 mins.  I'm dying!  I'm picturing the book saying it just like that and Siah hoping off right after and flicking her bean.  If that's what happened to me that's what my video would look like too.   Poor Lauren.  Something ain't right or she caught a bad head cold.  

The video is awkward and there could many reasons why.  But a couple of things keep coming to mind that bother me.  If you make an assumption that maybe she's experiencing some disappointment, because things just aren't like she thought they would be, then think about this.  There was some reason that Marjorie backed out.  Who knows why, but it had to be hard after the courtship was announced publicly.  This is Josh Duggar's brother.  Yes, Josh was terrible to Anna in what he did secretly, but I bet Anna has always felt that she didn't quite have all of Josh.  He is probably distant and cold towards her, if not downright abusive.  He obviously doesn't love her.  Could Josiah be distant and cold, especially if he's just not into her?  You can only fake it for so long.  Then if she is experiencing disappointment, who does she talk to?  The people who told Anna to suck it up and do better as a wife?????  And even if Josiah is trying his best and being wonderful, she still may not be feeling happy like she thought she would, but you can't admit that to anyone.  A little like how postpartum depression feels.  It's hard to admit that you just had this sweet, precious baby and you would really like to just get away for a few days.  I'm rambling, but I have always wondered if Josh could possibly be the only Duggar man who is like that.  Not saying Josiah is a bad person at all, just wondering.

And OMG.  I hate when people don't use correct terms for their body parts, mostly when people teach their sons to call their penis a tallywacker and such.  Really, a sex-ed book that says to "flick her bean".  What the hell!!  My mother was a nurse, and my cousins always made fun of us because we had to say bowel movement instead of poop or doo-doo.  Haha.  Yeah, that was a little extreme.

12 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

And OMG.  I hate when people don't use correct terms for their body parts, mostly when people teach their sons to call their penis a tallywacker and such.  Really, a sex-ed book that says to "flick her bean".  What the hell!!  My mother was a nurse, and my cousins always made fun of us because we had to say bowel movement instead of poop or doo-doo.  Haha.  Yeah, that was a little extreme.

My mom said BM for bowel movement. And my son, god love him, who has been taught all the correct terms for his parts - says poop and pee and was BAFFLED by what his grandma was asking when she asked if he had to BM.

We know Michelle and JB swear by that book and presumably have passed on to the married offspring. What if Josiah being young and horney and trying to be a headship was all rairing to try out this information and Lauren had no idea what the he was doing , why her body was responding like this and being taught not to question/protest just endured this bewildered  confused and ashamed 

35 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

Really, a sex-ed book that says to "flick her bean".  What the hell!!

Pretty sure the book doesn't actually say that. ;)

In regards to public speaking, I get nervous just ordering at a drive through and typically close my eyes throughout the order--I have no idea why. I certainly don't judge anyone for feeling awkward on camera.

33 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

Yeah, I thought that as well, until my 3 and 5 year olds got into a shouting match at a local grocery store one weekday morning, so lots of little old ladies around to hear them shout "YOU'RE A PENIS!" "YOUR'RE A VAGINA!" at each other, oh yeah that was embarrassing at the time but it's hilarious now. We did start calling them a winkiy & business after that at least until they were old enough to know better than to scream penis & vagina at each other when surrounded by little old ladies. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

I'm with you. I work in a field where we create a lot of videos.  I've seen scores of perfectly warm, funny, engaging people -- weird out for lack of a better term -- as soon as the cameras are on.  Josiah has been brought up in front of cameras so he's more used to them, but Lauren is young and probably isn't comfortable talking on camera.    I'm not going to read into it because I know from experience that her reaction is very common.  Being on camera is akin to public speaking which is one of the most fear-inducing things for most people. 

This reminds me of the episode of Friends where Chandler and Monica have engagement photos taken. 

Spoiler

AA0D064E-847B-41B6-B048-70E2DE624968.jpeg.51f13b8b66061af98e092789338a9d95.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

And even if Josiah is trying his best and being wonderful, she still may not be feeling happy like she thought she would, but you can't admit that to anyone.

She is so young. And she may not be feeling what she was told she would feel about anything, not just sex. On top of that, I have known women, especially those who married young, who have a huge letdown after their wedding. The wedding is this huge thing and becomes such a focus for them. Plus being a bride gets them all kinds of extra attention. Then it is all over in one day. 

Or she may be having the realization that she could already be pregnant or will likely be any time now and maybe she isn't really ready for that. 

Or she could be having the issue that a friend of mine who was raised full on fundie complete with abstinence/purity culture had at the time of her marriage. Now that she has left fundamentalism, she has talked very openly about it. Girls are told over and over from before they really understand sex how they are pure and how important it is to remain pure and how it so special and amazing that they are pure. And that word means nothing but staying a virgin. So losing their virginity, even on their wedding night, is a loss of something very important and special about them. Plus, everyone knows it happened. My friend felt devastated the morning after her wedding in spite of intellectually knowing that this was when she was supposed to have sex and it was okay now. She had even given talks to some youth groups as a college student about how great it was to be a pure virgin. Now she wasn't. There is no switch to flip and that change is hard for some. Even when she was still attending an evangelical church, she refused to expose her two daughters to that thinking because of the negative consequences it had for her in the beginning of her marriage. She has particularly singled out the words "pure" and "purity". The connotations of those words are something clean and good. Something "impure" is bad and dirty. I have seen writing around the web from other former fundie women who talk about that very issue. 

I'm not really buying that it is fear of the camera. This isn't her very first time in front of it. 

Okay dress experts, a cookie to whomever can link to this wedding dress. It looks gorgeous and detailed, I wanna see more! Why she would cover it with her pretty hair style and veil is a mystery. That dress needs a messy chignon/low bun/Tori Bates do. 

Agree with comments that the video is bizarre, why not do another take? Why is she exasperatedly sighing like that? Or did they do a hundred scripted takes and they couldn't get it right. Awkward. 

Thanks to the poster who linked that horrifying Benessa first anniversary kiss video, yeesh. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Girls are told over and over from before they really understand sex how they are pure and how important it is to remain pure and how it so special and amazing that they are pure. And that word means nothing but staying a virgin. So losing their virginity, even on their wedding night, is a loss of something very important and special about them.

It's easy to see why girls who based their whole identity on being a "pure daughter" are so quick to adopt the "wifey" and "blessed mama" persona as a substitute - they need some feminine archetype to fill that void.

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Even InTOuch thought the video was awkward:

To be fair, InTouch yanks a lot of its talking points from the threads here, so it might just be parroting our reactions.

3 hours ago, RavenclawPajamas said:

Did... did they actually phrase it that way?

Nooooooo, they did not! We had a thread about this book recently and the consensus was that it's pretty deece and it uses proper clinical terminology for everything. There is WAY too much Jesus-speak though. You have never experienced true unsexiness until you have read about how THE LORD wants you to orgasm.

18 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Nooooooo, they did not! We had a thread about this book recently and the consensus was that it's pretty deece and it uses proper clinical terminology for everything. There is WAY too much Jesus-speak though. You have never experienced true unsexiness until you have read about how THE LORD wants you to orgasm.

First you must come to Jesus, then you cum for Jesus.

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I like this! D33F8794-2A46-4F12-9091-6EFE348258FB.thumb.jpeg.0adb4c72e91e20109a72f4e41d2025de.jpeg 

it looks like the veil covered it all up though which kinda sucks

Wow that's beautiful, you would think that when that's the most interesting part of the dress half your pictures would be of you turned around. And I agree that the hairstyle covers the back and the veil covers both the hair and the back so I don't see the point. She should've done an updo.

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I was trying not be vulgar because of the proper southern lady that I am, but re-reading my post I think that euphemism is just as vulgar :pearlclutching: 

Yall's responses have definitely made me laugh out loud though! 

I absolutely love the hair vine! 

On 7/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, VelociRapture said:

Cape Cod 

Italy

Germany 

Disney World

Would love to visit Cape Cod!

I am from Italy and my husband is from Germany, we're taking the little monkey there for his first international trip over Christmas- he'll just be turning 1 - so that some of our relatives who do not travel internationally can meet him and viceversa.

It will be interesting to see how he does on an international trip: I've taken him on a 2.5 hour flight when he was 5 months old, and he did fantastic. But it was a short flight vs several hours...we are thinking of doing another plane trip longer than that but shorter than Europe, maybe Colorado or California, to ease him into the longer flight, If people have thoughts, tips and experiences, I'd love to hear them!!!

I am a Disney junkie, so the Disney parks will be a must when he's old enough. And the Universal Studios!

I would love to go to Japan, that is my dream destination and the one place, among the ones I really wanted to see, that I still have not been to. Maybe next year. The problem for us is that we have to fly around the world to see family, which is nice, but that really limits the time that we have to travel to other locations of our choice. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived