IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am embarrassed to say that I've looked at a lot of photos of this Museum and I still can't place their location. That is an old Art Deco entrance from the Tulsa Airport.

I suspect it is not now ... it was the first thing that popped into my head this morning.  Now that I have a better screen and saw some stills I'm almost convinced they are just in a hangar or some sort of sound stage because all the background looks like a set build.   Who knows ... until they show the footage ???

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seem cute. Plus, that video did not seem nearly as awkward as some of the other ones we've seen. I predict a 2019 filled with Duggar grandbabies: Jessa/Ben and Josiah/Lauren in the spring; Joy/Austin and John/Abbie in the summer; and Jill/Derick and Josh/Anna in the fall. It's possible that Joseph/Kendra and/or Jinger/Jeremy could have a 2019 baby. However, since Kendra's mother seems to have larger gaps between her kids, I would not be surprised if she was the same. Also, since it took Jinger/Jeremy a little longer to have a kid, it is possible that it might be a little longer before they have another one. So I'm guessing 6 in 2019, with the possibility of one or two more.

3 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

From my perspective, JD is totally clowning someone or something and his video presentation is the source of some of he and Abbie's private jokes. She finds his intro absolutely tickling.

Wouldn't be shocked if they surprised us all by being culturally fundie but at heart - thinking the entire thing is a hoax.

In my experience, 2nd gens tend to be socially Christian in their younger years  but not committed to the faith at heart. After life experience, they either step away all together or they come back home fully or in a non traditional way.

The Duggars have so much pressure to remain fundie as a cohesive unit, because it is their bread and butter. But I have maintained that not all these kidults are drinking the kool aid. This is why I always praise Joy Anna for her distinction "my parent's beliefs". That was real. Jeremy requesting he and Jinger kiss was another. And now JD seems to be having some sort of real moment with Abbie.

wait what do you mean about Jeremy and Jinger? 

5 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

This is going to be a sure thing. Don't how long the baby drought will last, but I predict 5 pregnancies next year.

If I had to be specific, I would guess Jessa, Lauren, Anna, Abbie and Jill.

I am still holding on to Jessa making it out of 2018 without an announcement but everyone else seems to think otherwise. We shall see.

I think she will make it!  

9 hours ago, bella8050 said:

sorry video won't embed for me - it's Berlin's Take My Breath Away from Top Gun

I exotic dance to that song on the regular!

12 hours ago, takers401 said:

I'd love to see them make "planes" a theme of their wedding in some manner. So long as Abbie is into the theme as well. Just because it seems that so much of their getting to know each other, courtship, and engagement stages have involved flying back and forth. I think it would be a sweet continuation of that.

Maybe they could extend that theme into their baby names. It is godly in a way; the higher they fly, the closer they are to heaven, so why not name their kids after airplanes?

Boy names: Fokker, Grumman, Ambrosini, Ansaldo, Arsenal, Brewster, Curtiss, Heinkel, Koolhoven, Lavochkin, Kingcobra, Yacovlev.

Girl names: Avia, Bell, Airacobra, Breda, Loire, Morane, Mitsubishi, Nakajima, Reggiane... Not enough feminine-sounding airplane names, so the could throw in some famous female aviators: Amelia, Bessie, Raymonde, Beryl, Valentina, Jeana etc.

That being said, I doubt their quiver will be massive since they're starting in their late 20's, but who knows?

18 hours ago, Italiangirl said:
  Hide contents

1737224429_jabbieeng2.thumb.jpg.c6f834e15e375a6f1844dd39d0adf579.jpg2002579647_jabbieeng3.thumb.jpg.329570fc980270b252cb14edfd01fd3b.jpg

jabbie eng 1.jpgThe photos i have to say they look really happy anfìd i love the first one

Her hair is AMAZING! So gorgeous. 

But damn girl, that is more than a side hug. She’s touching his leg! 

I love it. 

I also love their ages. 28 and 26 are great ages to get married if you want to marry young, it could still be considered a young marriage but not a "do you really want to get married now and not wait another 3-5 years?" thing.

I don't know about the U.S. but here people usually get married in their early 30's, when both have their careers established, if they are not part of the Muslim community. Then they would probably get married early to mid 20's, usually still at university.

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Just a gentle reminder - many posters here were once just as enthusiastic about the marriage of Jill to the human piece of trash called Derick Dillard as people currently are about John-David and Abbie. Please, just proceed with caution in getting your hopes up too much.

Personally, I think having the lowest possible expectations about these relationships is probably for the best - you’ll be pleasantly surprised if they exceed expectations and in no way surprised or upset if they don’t. Kind of like Peter’s thinking in “Dodge Ball”:

I was enthusiastic about Derick at first, because he didn't come across as crazy and had a 'worldy' job/education. Sheltered and conservative but not crazy at that point. He obviously became a disaster, but Jill did expand her horizons a little (pants, nose ring). So that's...something.

I feel differently about Abbie than I do Derrick though. Derrick's initial appeal was that he had that outside job and degree. Abbie has her job/education, but she's also a woman! That's a huge difference in fundie-land. It's not just that she has that background but that she has that background after growing up in that belief-system as a woman.

I also like that they seem mature unlike almost all past Duggar weddings (jinger/Jer being the exception maybe). No child bride. No awkward hand sex. It's just genuine. 

Only thing that bugs me is his hair :) 

Not only does JD look happy, he looks ALIVE! Its not that I hold out hope they will change their horrible beliefs so much as I just like to see people in love and he is so obviously head over heels about her. Im also digging the scruffy look on him lol

4 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Not enough feminine-sounding airplane names, so the could throw in some famous female aviators: Amelia, Bessie, Raymonde, Beryl, Valentina, Jeana etc.

You forgot the best of all:  Jacqueline Cochran. She's my all-time favorite (and I do have the utmost respect for Bessie, Amelia, and Beryl, among others). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Cochran

She was the leaders of the WASPs and a phenomenal pilot. 

If you're an aviation fan, her book "The Stars at Noon" is a fucking AMAZING read. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

You forgot the best of all:  Jacqueline Cochran. She's my all-time favorite (and I do have the utmost respect for Bessie, Amelia, and Beryl, among others). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Cochran

She was the leaders of the WASPs and a phenomenal pilot. 

If you're an aviation fan, her book "The Stars at Noon" is a fucking AMAZING read. 

While we're recommending aviatrix literature (who knew this was such a genre?), Beryl Markham's West with the Night is a beautifully written book. (No matter the controversy of whether she wrote it or not--whoever wrote it could write.)

I think the chapter on her learning how to fly should be handed out in creative writing classes as an example of how to write something that sings. 

It's interesting that so many early pilots were such talented writers: Cochran, Anne Lindbergh, Saint-Exupery, Nevil Schute, Markham. It reminds me of that old saying that we desperately need to send a poet into space so we can finally get a great first-hand account of it. 

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Boy names: Fokker

Why did this make me laugh. Off to the prayer closet.

6 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I also love their ages. 28 and 26 are great ages to get married if you want to marry young, it could still be considered a young marriage but not a "do you really want to get married now and not wait another 3-5 years?" thing.

I don't know about the U.S. but here people usually get married in their early 30's, when both have their careers established, if they are not part of the Muslim community. Then they would probably get married early to mid 20's, usually still at university.

26-28 is a pretty typical age for people to get married in my part of the US (midwest). My husband and I married young at 20 years old and now at 27 the people we graduated with have started getting married in large numbers and having kids. 

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I exotic dance to that song on the regular!

Maybe they could extend that theme into their baby names. It is godly in a way; the higher they fly, the closer they are to heaven, so why not name their kids after airplanes?

Boy names: Fokker, Grumman, Ambrosini, Ansaldo, Arsenal, Brewster, Curtiss, Heinkel, Koolhoven, Lavochkin, Kingcobra, Yacovlev.

Girl names: Avia, Bell, Airacobra, Breda, Loire, Morane, Mitsubishi, Nakajima, Reggiane... Not enough feminine-sounding airplane names, so the could throw in some famous female aviators: Amelia, Bessie, Raymonde, Beryl, Valentina, Jeana etc.

That being said, I doubt their quiver will be massive since they're starting in their late 20's, but who knows?

Catalina is a pretty name, kind of an ugly plane, though it's one of my favorites anyway. I think the DC3 was called Dakota in some areas during WWII. Lots of cool names if they go for WWII era ones - Hawker, Bristol, Douglas, Blackburn, Seversky, Fairey, Westland, Ryan, Avro, Lancaster, Armstrong, Whitworth, Whitley, etc.

58 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Catalina is a pretty name, kind of an ugly plane, though it's one of my favorites anyway.

If they use the name, all I will ever think about when they say her name is:

1812AD3C-4E9A-45DF-8FD6-854E05BBB088.jpeg

18 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It may have to do with the definition of college.  Many community colleges offer LPN and CNA programs, however, they aren't the only places that can offer the programs.  Private technical/vocational training schools can also offer the programs.

Very true.  Mine was an accelerated course through a local community college, my CNA was through the same place.

13 hours ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

I suspect it is not now ... it was the first thing that popped into my head this morning.  Now that I have a better screen and saw some stills I'm almost convinced they are just in a hangar or some sort of sound stage because all the background looks like a set build.   Who knows ... until they show the footage ???

Please don't ask me how long it took to track this down.  He proposed at the Hangar Hotel in Fredericksburg, TX. I'm usually just a lurker here and more active on other sites, but couldn't stand not posting this.  The Duggar plane was in Fredericksburg last week.

http://www.hangarhotel.com/conference.htm

o.jpg

4 minutes ago, taxi21 said:

Please don't ask me how long it took to track this down.  He proposed at the Hangar Hotel in Fredericksburg, TX. I'm usually just a lurker here and more active on other sites, but couldn't stand not posting this.  The Duggar plane was in Fredericksburg last week.

http://www.hangarhotel.com/conference.htm

o.jpg

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised he proposed out of state since he can go out of state at anytime.

Chelsy & John Maxwell spent part of their honeymoon outside of Fredericksburg!!!  It must be a fundy magnet!

From Chelsy's blog:

"Yes, absolutely! We spent nine days on a secluded ranch in the hill country outside of Fredricksburg, then we went for two days to San Antonio and did more of a "city" experience (ritzy hotel, brazilian steakhouse, + the river walk) and next we went for four days to a cabin in the hills of Wimberly. We ended out with a business trip (my choice-he was going to turn it down, but I thought it would be cool to end our honeymoon with an inside peak into what a work conference looked like for him!) for several days in Dallas before going home! All in all we were gone for nineteen days + it was amazing." 

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Chelsy & John Maxwell spent part of their honeymoon outside of Fredericksburg!!!  It must be a fundy magnet!

From Chelsy's blog:

"Yes, absolutely! We spent nine days on a secluded ranch in the hill country outside of Fredricksburg, then we went for two days to San Antonio and did more of a "city" experience (ritzy hotel, brazilian steakhouse, + the river walk) and next we went for four days to a cabin in the hills of Wimberly. We ended out with a business trip (my choice-he was going to turn it down, but I thought it would be cool to end our honeymoon with an inside peak into what a work conference looked like for him!) for several days in Dallas before going home! All in all we were gone for nineteen days + it was amazing." 

No no no. The fundie magnet is Magnolia Market in Waco, Texas. I actually have an aversion to Chip and Jo now that the fundies seem to love them so much. 

Nuce find! I nominate @taxi21 to take over the Duggar Aviation thread (jk, I think. I miss the updates).

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No no no. The fundie magnet is Magnolia Market in Waco, Texas. I actually have an aversion to Chip and Jo now that the fundies seem to love them so much. 

A non fundie friend of mine recently posted on FB about being at the Magnolia Market in Waco. I was so tempted to ask her if she ran into any of the Duggars. 

@Taylurker @Ivycoveredtower

Yes, it is officially confirmed that Zach and Whitney kissed before marriage . This was stated on one of the early Bates epsiodes.

To my knowledge Jinjer did not kiss before the wedding (not sure if this has been confirmed) but wanted to as a part of the courtship stipulations. On the show, Jim Bob says something to the fact that he does not believe Jeremy was ready to be swapping kisses with Jinger when they were talking about their courtship plans. I think it's the same episode where they met up with Jeremy's parents. It may have been a pre-engagement meeting. My mind has fogged on the details. It was never confirmed that they asked only implied. So it's not law. Others may interpret differently.

BL, no pre-marriage kissing for Jinjer that we know of.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived