IGNORED

Mrs. Jill Duggar-Dillard (Derick) 61: Now Showing Shoulders

Georgiana

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

While I haven't seen this specific opinion yet, I'll believe it - sadly transphobia is becoming more and more common in the feminist movement.

That's not my own personal experience.  However, I live in the Bay Area so maybe that's why.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

However, there are also issues (and I don't even necessarily agree with all of them) that I think are valid to talk about but if brought up are too often immediately dismissed as bigotry rather than explored.

I agree that honest dialogue is crucial! A lot of longtime feminists are still figuring out their stance on this subject, and conversations, especially between cis and trans feminists, are really important. I'm sympathetic to problems like the one @Mama Mia raises about expanding feminism to account for trans women's experiences while continuing to advocate for things like reproductive rights  - because if feminists don't, who the fuck will? That's tricky stuff. Other issues, like the endless goalpost-moving over who is "woman enough" for feminism (not if you're pre-op! not if you transitioned in your 20s! not if you're femme! not if your parents helped you transition!) read as simple prejudice.

I realize that the TERF has become a kind of internet boogeyman lately, but I really have been surprised by the discriminatory things I've heard feminists that I usually admire say. :\

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

He's obsessed with Jazz because she's on TLC. He hates people who don't fit into his cookie cutter worldview, but he hates TLC ever more.

Oh, for sure.  Dwreck has beef with TLC.  There are other shows on that network he would hate but doesn't seem to obcess over those.  90 day fiance offends me, to be honest.  Not that I don't watch some of it.  Lol

The Jazz thing is getting real weird, imo.  Too bad Pickles couldn't sort that out and prevent this latest attack.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

10 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Recent tweet from Jeremy:

Screenshot_20180630-133950.png

I feel like is a little bit if a shout out to derek...

Well played, Jeremy.  Portray yourself as a 'true' Christian all the while believing the same exact things Derick does.

This is why I dislike Jeremy so much.  At least Derick doesn't try to hide being a complete asshole. 

On 6/29/2018 at 7:18 PM, Palimpsest said:

And may I introduce you to John Shrader, Anna Duggar's BIL.  He is a a Trail of Blood "Bible Baptist." He believes that most Baptists (and Gothard) have got it wrong.  Calvinists are ebil and persecuted true Baptists.  Basically anyone who has not been converted by John Shrader is doomed to Burn for Eternity in Hell Fire.

That must be such an exhausting exsistence. Believing you are the only one who got it right and all the other billions of people on earth are doomed to burn in hell. How do you chose who you save? How do you save as many as possible? 

I wouldn’t get any sleep at all. 

Does feeling deeply uncomfortable with #Lord #Jesus #Christ make me fundamentalist, or just old?

I got that too, and my kids are grown with kids of their own. I wouldn't give them the book, even if it is free.

Jill and ofJill did a video congratulating SiRen and it doesn’t look like they were at the wedding? Maybe they filmed it in advance?

"Keep your eyes on the lor---" "I LOVE EATING PIZZA WITH YOU"

Israel is the fucking best. 

Also, BEC but Jill's constant "yaaayyyyyy" reminds me of the "and there was much rejoicing" running gag from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 

I’m going to say they most likely filmed it in advance. I think the ‘congrats on your recent wedding’ part really gives it away.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

"Keep your eyes on the lor---" "I LOVE EATING PIZZA WITH YOU"

Israel is the fucking best. 

I know, Israel just being himself almost made me forget how cringey their videos are.  

Israel being cute and Sam being totally over it are the reasons to watch the video.

On 6/30/2018 at 3:46 AM, formergothardite said:

heir anit-gay, anti-woman beliefs no longer just impact them, it impacts me. They end up using politics to force their beliefs on others.

Just playing devil's advocate. .. . but isn't that what you do,  when you vote? Isnt' that what we all do?

9 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Just playing devil's advocate. .. . but isn't that what you do,  when you vote? Isnt' that what we all do?

When I vote pro-gay rights  and pro-choice, I don’t feel I’m forcing my beliefs on anyone. I’m agreeing with the concepts that people should marry who they want to marry and  women should make their own medical decisions.

35 minutes ago, Hisey said:

No, I'm not making them get gay married or get an abortion. They can continue on believing being gay is evil and abortion is a sin. I'm not making them change anything when I vote except not allowing them to use their religious beliefs to discriminate if they run a business that is open to the public. That is the cost of running a public business, you don't get to put up a "No black, mixed race couples, or gays" sign. Despite the hand wringing about the gay agenda, gay people can get married and churches still aren't forced to marry gays or put in jail for preaching that being gay is sin.  No one is rounding up folks and forcing abortions on them. But when they vote, they DO stop gay marriages and they do stop people from having abortions. 

I wonder if they left the reception early and filmed it when they got home? OfJill was probably getting triggered seeing TLC film videos there. 

33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if they left the reception early and filmed it when they got home? OfJill was probably getting triggered seeing TLC film videos there. 

Maybe they were disinvited because TLC was there. By TLC. 

I highly doubt Jill and OfJill weren't at the wedding. You know Josh was there.  Maybe they left the reception early, but they were definitely at the wedding.  

17 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I’ve oficially spent too much time on FJ and clicking around on Jill’s instagram.

A74ED5AF-D8AE-431C-AEEB-DA0A0415FF31.jpeg

I was just coming here to complain I'm getting their ads on Facebook now! Apparently their algorithms don't realize this isn't exactly a "pro" site. Ha!

56 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe they were disinvited because TLC was there. By TLC. 

Considering that Turd continues to show up at weddings, I doubt this is why they'd decline to go. I think they probably went, but now they're having their Sound of Silence I've Made a Huge Mistake moment because not being on the show anymore makes it that much harder to make the whole thing about them.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived