IGNORED

Lori Alexander 50: Making an Idol of Herself

WTF?

The mothers I have seen in a "third world country" were working at the market, running shops, setting up booths to sell things, picking crops in the fields, tending farm animals, etc. And an unfortunate number of women there had abandoned some of their children, because they couldn't feed them! I've met kids who didn't know how old they were and had never worn shoes, and had been pretty much alone in their villages where their grandparents worked in the fields all day and their parents had left for the city in search of work. I've met kids whose father went into the city to work, shacked up with some other woman there, and when the mom took the family into the city to see why the money wasn't coming back as promised she took the kids to the market and left them there because she had no money, no job, and could think of no other options.

I'm sure there were some stay-at-home moms there, but most everyone was scraping by as best they could, and everyone worked in some way. How long do you think Lori and her leghumpers would survive living in an open shack and washing their clothes in the river, butchering their own chickens and living with no electricity?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...the husband represents Christ; the wife, the Church, His Bride. This is a divine assignment, not chosen, earned, or deserved by either husband or wife, not conferred by either on the other, but designated by God Himself. 

This is from her blog.  And this is THE root of the problem.

She has decided that only the husband represents Christ.

She has completely misunderstood the entirety of the Gospel.

BOTH spouses now are the Body of Christ on earth.

BOTH spouses now are priests and kings, ruling with (by cooperating with the Holy Spirit) Christ in His body on this earth (the church).

BOTH spouses can say, "As Jesus is in this world, so are we".

As long as the Alexanders continue to subscribe to hierarchy in marriage instead of mutuality, the misogyny will continue.

Ken: 

"Ryan's kids are all so wonderful, loving, kind and joyful...and healthy and well fed. I would love to match them up against yours."

Yikes. Which part of the bible advocates toddler cage fighting? 

I think most, if not all of us here, believe it crosses a line for persons to post false reviews on Ken's business site based on Lori's beliefs when there is nothing indicating doctrinal discussions there. 

But I also don't believe that Lori and Ken understand that most of us here agree with that statement; and yet have been watching because we felt it was inevitable for this to happen with the shutting down of the thoughtful discussion ideas where Lori does publicly post.

But Ken is so obviously reading through a lens of anger  that when confronted with evidence from women who logically disagree he just conflates the situation.  He doubles down rather than admit that someone else might have a point.  Or he just ignores the valid points that he cannot answer.

And he and Lori both seem increasingly quick to call into question other people's faith.  And that is the epitome of "judge not lest ye be judged".   They are trying to argue that Lori's interpretation is "in line with Christianity" and yet, her doctrine of the Imago Dei is not in line with the doctrine of the church which has been affirmed through many centuries.  

I had a professor who used to say that "most great heresies begin when people read the Bible in isolation; that is isolated from the entire community of faith; throughout all times and history, and across all cultures.  Reading the entire Bible in context and in community is the only thing which keeps us, each and every one of us, from reading into it what we, as individuals, want to see."

Just now, SuperNova said:

Ken: 

"Ryan's kids are all so wonderful, loving, kind and joyful...and healthy and well fed. I would love to match them up against yours."

Yikes. Which part of the bible advocates toddler grudge matches? 

Snort.  It is easy to have wonderful kind loving joyful kids who are  afraid not to eat their food when you use the cute leather strap.  My dad was always complimented on how well behaved we were and how we would eat anything.  I see nothing for Ryan to be proud of  - based on what Lori has told us about his parenting. Nothing else, but that and my personal experience with a dad who 'trained'.    

He says they were taught to eat at mealtime, but that is not true.  They were denied food at mealtime, and made to sit on a blanket and watch their parents eat.

If you have a problem with that assertion @Ken, then you can take it up with your wife.  Here's the screenshot from her blog, and the link to the post:  

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/emma-isnt-boss.html

666805369_screen1.PNG.28ec19b0bde9216017834f953b5ed413.PNG

This child (as shown in the picture) was more than old enough to be put in a high-chair and fed with her family.  Even a child still on baby food can be sat in a high-chair and fed with mom and dad.  That's...how people do it.  They don't force their babies to scream for food when they're hungry, and then force feed them (as they sob), when they aren't hungry.

I'll tell Erin and Ryan something else for free, since they have a new little one on the way.  Force feeding a crying baby is a HUGE choking hazard.  Extremely dangerous, and they should be ashamed.

It seems Ryan and Lori are cut from the same cloth.  Anyone wonder how Ryan made Emma stay on the blanket?  

20 minutes ago, Koala said:

nyone wonder how Ryan made Emma stay on the blanket

No.   We know how - and Ken and Lori rejoiced in their success.  

I'm going back to the poop shed  - Lori is way triggering me obviously...slinking off....

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Anyone read "Ask Amy" by Amy Dickinson? It comes up on my yahoo! feed ever so often. Today's column caught my eye. Here is the question and the answer by Amy. This church reminds me of Lori & Ken's attitude towards single parents.

This is one reason why churches should not replace government programs. SNAP, WIC, TANF, LLEAP, Section 8, HUD, etc., are bound by law not to discriminate against a qualifying person. What a church does or doesn't do is solely up to them. 

Warning- NEVER try to turn Lori's Sourdough Einkorn bread posts into a drinking game.  You'd be dog sick, in no time at all:

Notice that she was careful to point out that it's Sourdough Einkorn Bread, or as I like to call it, God bread (because it's the way God intended for us to eat bread). 

:pb_rollseyes:

What's for dinner guys?  If it's God bread, just don't answer.  :pb_lol:

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so my husband got up at 4 this morning and put a boston butt in the crock pot.  We'll shred it, and then let everyone decide how they want to eat it.  I've got rice and oven roasted veggies, and I have hamburger buns and potato chips.  For dessert we're having ice-cream and birthday cake.  Koala-puppy turned 5 today, and he always gets a little family party and a few presents.  Yep, I'm that person.

This fits:

Spoiler

1663135115_birthdaydog.png.4cb425b1c10eed0900fa3901f9642009.png

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so my husband got up at 4 this morning and put a boston butt in the crock pot.  We'll shred it, and then let everyone decide how they want to eat it.  I've got rice and oven roasted veggies, and I have hamburger buns and potato chips.  For dessert we're having ice-cream and birthday cake.  Koala-puppy turned 5 today, and he always gets a little family party and a few presents.  Yep, I'm that person.

Yay! Happy birthday Koala Puppy! Many happy returns!

The boys are having a pan of homemade baked ziti for dinner, and I'm scrounging for my dinner because I don't eat pasta any more. Maybe I'll go to McDonalds and get a grilled chicken salad. Or just make some scrambled eggs.

No einkorn bread or $14 a pound butter on the menu, that's for sure.

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

Warning- NEVER try to turn Lori's Sourdough Einkorn bread posts into a drinking game.  You'd be dog sick, in no time at all:

Hide contents

You know, people bitch about millennials being self-absorbed, but this 60 year old grandma has it all over them.  

Who gives a fig what you had for lunch, Lori?  And there's nothing godly about your damn bread, get over yourself. 

The only good thing about this post is she didn't use the word "slathered".  I don't know why, but it's like fingernails on a blackboard for me when she uses that word.

7 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

You notice it's never an overtly wonderful event that makes them say:  "now maybe this will lead ____ to God", it's usually some terrifying event that no one asked for.  

Mind absolutely blown. I am in my early 40’s and have essentially attended church my entire life and you are absolutely right. It’s always a terrible or tragic or rock bottom type of event that is presumed to lead people to God. And I have internalized some of that negative thinking myself- thinking I’ve reached my quota of blessings or help from God, thinking I’ve screwed things up and can’t be redeemed... I could go on. It’s time to work on changing those thought patterns. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

I think most, if not all of us here, believe it crosses a line for persons to post false reviews on Ken's business site based on Lori's beliefs when there is nothing indicating doctrinal discussions there. 

But I also don't believe that Lori and Ken understand that most of us here agree with that statement; and yet have been watching because we felt it was inevitable for this to happen with the shutting down of the thoughtful discussion ideas where Lori does publicly post.

My FB app has been acting up for the past week- not loading pages, freezing, shutting down, etc., so I missed this whole event- I’ve only seen a few bits and pieces (and honestly, the spanking post has really upset me in ways I can’t explain) plus what people have shared here. I gather that’s what pulled Ken back to 2.0?

I don’t think it’s right to post false reviews. At the same time, if I owned a dental practice that was considering Ken’s business, I wouldn’t hire him because of his core beliefs and values. But I wouldn’t go off of face value or a few bad reviews. I would definitely do some investigating. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

He says they were taught to eat at mealtime, but that is not true.  They were denied food at mealtime, and made to sit on a blanket and watch their parents eat.

If you have a problem with that assertion @Ken, then you can take it up with your wife.  Here's the screenshot from her blog, and the link to the post:  

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/emma-isnt-boss.html

666805369_screen1.PNG.28ec19b0bde9216017834f953b5ed413.PNG

I had forgotten about this. It absolutely positively breaks my heart. And I can’t imagine how one could force feed a young child. And, generally speaking, our kids are what we ate- especially from about age 1. And even if they weren’t eating, they were at the table with us. It’s bizarre to me that they would characterize their child like one wouldva dog- “begging”, and then in some effort to demonstrate pack leadership, they made her sit on a blanket and watch them eat?? 

44 minutes ago, Koala said:

Frozen pizza and salad. Request of the kiddos. It’s all about balance. Per usual, yours sounds fantastic!

These people are idiots. If your toddler child wants some of “your” food, sit her at the table and serve it to her! This is how you help children to learn table manners and to appreciate different kinds of food. Cut it up into little pieces and encourage her to stab it with a fork and feed herself. 

We had oppressive 90°-plus heat today, followed by severe thunderstorms and a power outage of around 3.5 hours.  To avoid opening the fridge door, I had two peanut butter  sandwiches and the Diet Pepsi I'd already gotten out.

I had ice cream for dinner.  Yes, ice cream.  I went to the orthodontist today and had a big adjustment made to my braces, so my teeth are very sore.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Notice that she was careful to point out that it's Sourdough Einkorn Bread, or as I like to call it, God bread (because it's the way God intended for us to eat bread). 

This fits:

Hide contents

Happy Birthday to Koala Puppy!  We always acknowledge a birthday for our pets.  We don't know the exact day but we usually come up with one that works.  We also acknowledge a gotcha day for our pets.  Which does not take anything at all from adopted children and is certainly not our intent.

Dinner was my homemade beef/vegetable soup.  I'm on vacation this week (staying home) and I got up and got the crockpot going.  It's hot weather, but we like soup any time of the year.  We may have it again tomorrow, before I put it in the freezer in small containers for lunches.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

This fits:

Hide contents

I hate to say it...big salad. I'll see myself to the prayer closet now.

Ugh, it was 98 degrees here today, 105 with the heat index. Northeasterners are not used to this & frankly we can’t cope. Southerners, this is your time to mock us (like we do when the South gets snow or ice.)

Dinner tonight was the same as every night - whatever my sweet husband decides to cook! He is a much better cook than me and he enjoys it. When I went back to work when my daughter was in kindergarten, we made a deal & he took over the cooking. It has worked well for us. So Lori’s idea that only a mother can provide good, home cooked meals is nonsense!

19 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

I had ice cream for dinner.  Yes, ice cream.  I went to the orthodontist today and had a big adjustment made to my braces, so my teeth are very sore.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I remember those days. I got my braces off just about 4 years ago. When they'd put those damn chains on, I always thought my teeth were going to fall out. Ice cream, cold watermelon, anything that didn't need chewing was always the best!

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Koala-puppy turned 5 today, and he always gets a little family party and a few presents.  Yep, I'm that person.

Happy birthday to Koala-puppy! The dynamic duo's b-day is next month. 

8 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Ugh, it was 98 degrees here today, 105 with the heat index. Northeasterners are not used to this & frankly we can’t cope. Southerners, this is your time to mock us (like we do when the South gets snow or ice.)

it's currently 105 here in the desert w/o heat index. We're supposed to hit 112 this weekend. Summer in the desert is not for sissies! 

Kids and food...my kids always were at the table with us. Either in their infant seat (car seat) on the table or in their high chair as soon as they could sit up fairly well. I WILL admit to propping a bottle while eating at times, but they were like a foot in front or beside me at the time. The only time they weren't at the table was if they were asleep. Table manners were a big thing for me and the kids were taught early on...it's a thing, OK? I wanted to be able to take them to restaurants beyond fast food and not have people look at me like I didn't teach my kids. It was funny, beyond learning how to hold a fork and then maneuver the fork and knife, I don't remember telling them things like "chew with your mouth closed"...they learned by example. 

We had a power outage as well just before I was going to cook chicken nuggets and smiles, teenaged children's choice!

We ended up at the local Chinese instead since they were one of the few places still with power.

I just found this guy on fb. He's pretty cool. Maybe Lori will listen to him since he's a man and all. Who am I kidding? Of course she won't.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=410543489449887&id=348027115701525

Also, pray for me y'all. My headship wants me to go back to teaching full time instead of subbing since evil college will be calling our children over the next 3 years.  So I'm submitting and starting to look. 

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

Kids and food...my kids always were at the table with us. Either in their infant seat (car seat) on the table or in their high chair as soon as they could sit up fairly well. I WILL admit to propping a bottle while eating at times, but they were like a foot in front or beside me at the time. The only time they weren't at the table was if they were asleep. Table manners were a big thing for me and the kids were taught early on...it's a thing, OK? I wanted to be able to take them to restaurants beyond fast food and not have people look at me like I didn't teach my kids. It was funny, beyond learning how to hold a fork and then maneuver the fork and knife, I don't remember telling them things like "chew with your mouth closed"...they learned by example. 

We started taking ours to  local Chinese restaurant from being several months old. The couple who run it are like grandparents to the children. They've always known how to behave in restaurants from an early age because of that. Sure in the very early days it was the appeal of the toys that kept them good tempered but they were capable of sitting quietly in more formal eating situations because they had been exposed from a young age.

My big bugbear is Please and Thank You. I'm always being told how polite and well mannered my children are. I even used to thank Mr Wrangler when he drove me anywhere, it was a reflex reaction.

@Koala Happy birthday to Koala-puppy! 

@Free Jana Duggar You've got my prayers, hun. 

Lori-related content: I bet she never threw a birthday party for a pet or prayed for another woman to get a good, full-time teaching job. Women are supposed to stay home with their children and kick pets out of the way, dontcha know.  *gag*

54 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Also, pray for me y'all. My headship wants me to go back to teaching full time instead of subbing since evil college will be calling our children over the next 3 years.  So I'm submitting and starting to look. 

Good luck on the job search! 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Koala-puppy turned 5 today, and he always gets a little family party and a few presents.  Yep, I'm that person.

Kitty headship also gets a birthday party. I sing to her, she gets a tiny bit of Twinkie, a new type of treat, and a new toy. High five for being those people 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived