IGNORED

Lori Alexander 50: Making an Idol of Herself

So, Lori, here’s a question:  If corporal punishment is an appropriate response to a child’s “sin,” how should Ken have been responding to you back when you were “in sin and rebellion” against him, to whom God wanted you to be submissive?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Koala said:

Violence does not fit anyone, and hitting is not discipline, it's abuse.  No one has a "personality" that requires hitting as a means of communication.

If your child is not responding to your style of disciple, resorting to hitting is never the answer.

My point was that, even if you are a person who thinks a swat on the butt is acceptable, there is absolutely no point in hitting a kid if that isn't a method of discipline to which they respond.  So there is no explanation for her position unless she just enjoys inflicting pain.

6 minutes ago, Hane said:

So, Lori, here’s a question:  If corporal punishment is an appropriate response to a child’s “sin,” how should Ken have been responding to you back when you were “in sin and rebellion” against him, to whom God wanted you to be submissive?

That's the deal: religious people with the wrong image of God think that God's gonna' do "whatever it takes" to get people to turn to him, and serve him.  NO.  God is not whacking people around, using evil things in the world and evil people to "spank" them and beat them into submission to him.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say, "Well, maybe THIS (insert horrifying circumstance here) will be what it takes for (insert sinner's name here) to come to God!"

This makes  God more like "The Godfather" and the Mob than the Good Father Who GAVE Jesus for the sins of the WORLD.

The bible says "The chastisement for OUR PEACE was upon Him (Jesus)"...

He disciplines (teaches) by His Word...not by beating His children.

Marriage isn’t about making us happy 

Especially when you marry a person you don't love (or even like), because you want access to his money.  Right, Lori?

We aren’t promise that there won’t be suffering, heartache, and pain along the way

Is that what you told Ken when you hit him? 

What was it, you said?Hit.thumb.PNG.62e0148aa0486a52d880958449be5bf3.PNG

Lori, an abuser?  Please!  Nothing could be farther from the truth!  She just likes to hit people.  And talk about hitting people.  And encourage other people to hit.  But she's NOT violent.  Not one little bit. :pb_rollseyes:

Oh, Lori.

"Marriage isn’t about making us happy"

But when talking about children yesterday:

"To feel loved, to belong, to have a place, and to hear one's dignity and worth often affirmed-these are to the soul what food is to the body"

I know I'm harping on it but I cannot for the life of me understand this two way thinking. Not to mention how she can use this statement and advocate physical abuse. What is the cut off age for feeling loved? Lori has written doodles and posts that are far worse than what I'm hung up on but this one genuinely bothers me.

10 minutes ago, Hane said:

I am fairly new to the horror of Lori Alexander so forgive me if I'm wrong - but aren't they the ones who believe in spanking the wife for misbehavior?  Or am I mixing them up with someone else?

2 minutes ago, Frumper said:

My point was that, even if you are a person who thinks a swat on the butt is acceptable, there is absolutely no point in hitting a kid if that isn't a method of discipline to which they respond.  So there is no explanation for her position unless she just enjoys inflicting pain.

Oh, I know what you meant.  It's just that your post had the implication that some children have a "personality" that necessitates violence when dealing with them.  That's the part I was addressing, because it's simply not true. 

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

Oh, Lori.

"Marriage isn’t about making us happy"

But when talking about children yesterday:

"To feel loved, to belong, to have a place, and to hear one's dignity and worth often affirmed-these are to the soul what food is to the body"

I know I'm harping on it but I cannot for the life of me understand this two way thinking. Not to mention how she can use this statement and advocate physical abuse. What is the cut off age for feeling loved? Lori has written doodles and posts that are far worse than what I'm hung up on but this one genuinely bothers me.

It is because she doesn't take THESE words from John as seriously as she takes Paul's words about women being silent:

2 Beloved friend, I pray that you are prospering in every way[d] and that you continually enjoy good health, just as your soul is prospering.[e]

John is praying that Gaius’ physical health would match his spiritual health. God is concerned for both our physical health (he gave our bodies an immune system) and our souls (emotional and spiritual well-being). If physical health and soul “prosperity” were not the will of God, why would John pray that for Gaius?

SOUL = mind, will, EMOTIONS.

1 minute ago, Frumper said:

I am fairly new to the horror of Lori Alexander so forgive me if I'm wrong - but aren't they the ones who believe in spanking the wife for misbehavior?  Or am I mixing them up with someone else?

She has hinted at it strongly, but she's very quick to back peddle when confronted.  

Example:

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/07/when-words-wont-resolve-arguments.html

6 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

That's the deal: religious people with the wrong image of God think that God's gonna' do "whatever it takes" to get people to turn to him, and serve him.  NO.  God is not whacking people around, using evil things in the world and evil people to "spank" them and beat them into submission to him.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say, "Well, maybe THIS (insert horrifying circumstance here) will be what it takes for (insert sinner's name here) to come to God!"

My sister has fought this idea within herself for decades.  The hot water tank craps out, vehicle has random problem, limb breaks over something...for years these things would have been seen as "God's work" for her getting angry/kid being a butt/not saving the $50 but splurging for ice cream...you name it.  She's slowly getting past it, but it's a sneaky mindfuck that sticks.

You notice it's never an overtly wonderful event that makes them say:  "now maybe this will lead ____ to God", it's usually some terrifying event that no one asked for.  

9 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I wonder if Lori has ever pondered what that means for her. 

She's spent the last forever and ever in pain.  If pain= a great teacher, then perhaps she needs figure out what God's trying to teach her.  Maybe it's "Stop being so damn mean/violent.

(Obviously, I don't believe that's true- I don't even believe in God).) 

2 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

My sister has fought this idea within herself for decades.  The hot water tank craps out, vehicle has random problem, limb breaks over something...for years these things would have been seen as "God's work" for her getting angry/kid being a butt/not saving the $50 but splurging for ice cream...you name it.  She's slowly getting past it, but it's a sneaky mindfuck that sticks.

You notice it's never an overtly wonderful event that makes them say:  "now maybe this will lead ____ to God", it's usually some terrifying event that no one asked for.  

How sad.  May that mindset go from her forever.

Yet this is what God has said about it, if she believes in the bible...

Do you realize that all the wealth of his extravagant kindness[a] is meant to melt your heart and lead you into repentance?

IT IS HIS GOODNESS THAT DRAWS PEOPLE TO HIM.

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

She has hinted at it strongly, but she's very quick to back peddle when confronted.  

Example:

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/07/when-words-wont-resolve-arguments.html

She vehemently denies being an advocate of CDD if asked or confronted, but its all over the internet that she has spoken about it in ways that show she does NOT condemn CDD.

6 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

How sad.  May that mindset go from her forever.

Yet this is what God has said about it, if she believes in the bible...

Do you realize that all the wealth of his extravagant kindness[a] is meant to melt your heart and lead you into repentance?

IT IS HIS GOODNESS THAT DRAWS PEOPLE TO HIM.

Thank you.  I believe she still might, I know she still goes to mass although she gave up being a lector and whatnot.  I will pass this on to her. 

18 minutes ago, Frumper said:

RC Sproul Jr. has the nickname “Spanky” for a reason.

But that was my thought as well. I could see Lori advocating for all those other rebellious wives to get a good sound whuppin’ when it’s never happened to her and wouldn’t be likely to happen to her.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

Lori herself has admitted to wishing she could paddle women who don't meet her modesty standards.

Yes, I have that screenshot. 

BTW, everyone---Ken is back at 2.0. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

"The biblical reason for marriage is to produce fruit for God. Marriage is to produce children and to make the earth fruitful for God. Christian marriage, in other words, is God-centered (producing what God wants) rather than me- or us-centered (meeting my or our desires)” 

this attitude right here makes me want to run and get myself sterilized. My gothard inlaws believe this shit. 

So, what happens to women, like Lori, who beyond child-bearing age?  Does this mean that Ken should divorce Lori  or maybe enter into a polygamous marriage, since that's mentioned in the bible, and marry someone who can produce children?  

1 hour ago, freealljs said:

So, what happens to women, like Lori, who beyond child-bearing age?  Does this mean that Ken should divorce Lori  or maybe enter into a polygamous marriage, since that's mentioned in the bible, and marry someone who can produce children?  

I think Ken probably wishes he'd married someone who wouldn't sabotage her birth control to have the kids they already have, because he obviously didn't want the second one to come as soon as happened, at the least. I'm sure Ken is massively relieved that Lori didn't come to her "take as many as God will give you" conviction until she was conveniently past the age where she could actually get pregnant. 

2 hours ago, Frumper said:

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori herself has admitted to wishing she could paddle women who don't meet her modesty standards.

I think she's OK with it unless it's her ass on the line. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yes, I have that screenshot. 

BTW, everyone---Ken is back at 2.0. 

And some screenshots :) Thanks for the heads up

ka1.JPG.0ed700fb9330928f05501147306a4c5f.JPG

Spoiler

ka2.jpg.96fabb80deabf8b865ee1cebe4010c8b.jpg

ka3.jpg.e2689f058c3aacbcc71155d59f5dfffa.jpg

Lori states that prior to the 20th century that Christians condemned birth control. Does she have a source for this? Birth-control has been around for thousands of years because believe it or not , people might have wanted to enjoy sex without getting pregnant. The Bible even mentions the pull-out method..okay, okay God smited that guy but that was other circumstances and for other reasons. But does she really think that Christian women never used any form of birth-control? That some families magically limited their family sizes? And I'm wondering how she knows that no one asked these women these questions because I'm pretty sure there have always been nosey people asking improper questions.

The concept of childhood that we currently have is very different from that in the past. Children were often treated like mini adults with responsibilities, some even working. Of course, this probably varied across cultures and situations. Actually, she can thank feminists for probably helping create the current view we have on children considering they were often involved in raising the age of consent and implementing child labor laws. I believe Josephine Butler was a Christian feminist that advocated in raising the age of consent to fight against child prostitution. But actual history isn't really important is it?

I actually reactivated my lurking FB account just for The Transformed Wife 2.0 and for Ken Alexander, who believes molestation is normal, to get his ass handed to him.  

9 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

But does she really think that Christian women never used any form of birth-control? That some families magically limited their family sizes?

I think she believes they just had oodles of children and never worried about it.  Never mind that those women used mosses and whatnot for barrier methods and knew which herbs to mix up to help prevent pregnancy after sex.  Black and Blue Cohosh have been around a long long time. 

I noticed one of Lindy's responses the other day, she asked one woman if she'd been to a third world country and seen moms at home working with their children..her statement was "I sure have!"  Ken has alluded to similar, that in his young missionary days the mothers "found ways to be home with their children".  Do these people just not grasp the idea of context?  That there may not be formal shop for a woman to weave in so she has to do it from her house? That she isn't staying home by some profound choice, she's using the best or only option available to her. 

Vik Munez did a documentary several years ago about the lives of the waste pickers in Brazil, several of the women who worked there either left their children for a week at a time or at the very least all day long to go pick the recyclable goods.  These privileged women who think they're spreading the truth are just embarrassing themselves.

Documentary trailer:  Waste Land

https://youtu.be/sNlwh8vT2NU

I wonder how Kennie feels about boycotting businesses when the owners hold beliefs that he disagrees with?  Is he OK with public shaming and refusing to do business with those who support abortion on demand, gay marriage, women's rights? Or is his objection only when it's his dollars at stake? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived