IGNORED

Sarah Huckabee Sanders 2: Governor of Hee-Haw Hell With a Side of Nepotism

GreyhoundFan

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is now governor of Arkansas, one of the poorest states in the US. Of course, her first priorities upon being sworn in were banning the word Latinx from government documents and outlawing the teaching of CRT, which wasn't being taught. I'm sure that will help with inflation and putting food on the table of her constituents.

The Hee-Haw hell refers to her attire during a press conference following the election. It's so awful that it deserves to be shared again:

image.png.60ac0791cb0b4f11ced35d0cea9230d6.png

Thanks to @noseybutt for suggesting the title.

Continued from here:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

Did she appear anywhere else with that hair color? It doesn't look quite as blond in some of the other pictures from that day (12/5/2022), but it does appear lighter than I've ever seen it, before or since.

She sure does look uncomfortable and cranky. It's as if someone slipped her a mickey, dyed her hair and dressed her that way, woke her up, and pushed her out in front of the cameras without letting her look at herself.

image.thumb.png.c653698ce926acae52cc57d3c585ee02.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

She sure does look uncomfortable and cranky.

I have resting bitch face, but I seem like a smiley person compared to her. She always looks like her underwear is too tight or she was just told she lost the lottery.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

21 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The Hee-Haw hell refers to her attire during a press conference following the election. It's so awful that it deserves to be shared again:

Dr. Todd Grande named his video about the Stockdale Family murders “Hee Haw Hell.”

(I highly recommend his YouTube channel if you’re into that sort of thing.)

• Thank You 2

22 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Did she appear anywhere else with that hair color? It doesn't look quite as blond in some of the other pictures from that day (12/5/2022), but it does appear lighter than I've ever seen it, before or since.

She sure does look uncomfortable and cranky. It's as if someone slipped her a mickey, dyed her hair and dressed her that way, woke her up, and pushed her out in front of the cameras without letting her look at herself.

image.thumb.png.c653698ce926acae52cc57d3c585ee02.png

On what planet is that dress appropriate for her position? 

• I Agree 8

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sarah, dear, there is a difference between “pandemic” and “COVID.” The COVID virus is here to stay. Doesn’t mean we still have pandemic conditions. Go do some real work and try to improve the standard of living in your state. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Becky said:

Sarah, dear, there is a difference between “pandemic” and “COVID.” The COVID virus is here to stay. Doesn’t mean we still have pandemic conditions. Go do some real work and try to improve the standard of living in your state. 

Well, she is what the state wanted, so good luck to them. I just hate her. 

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a fancy dresser, but I swear this looks like my swimsuit cover-up. Did she just come from the pool?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I am not a fancy dresser, but I swear this looks like my swimsuit cover-up. Did she just come from the pool?

I’m not a fancy dresser either, and I don’t really care what other people wear. But if you’re going out and presenting yourself to the public, in an official capacity, the very least you could do is iron your dress (or wear something that doesn’t wrinkle). This looks like she pulled it right out of the dryer and tossed it over her head in a hurry.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I would only wear that blue dress as a nightgown - it does look comfy!

I can't stand most synthetics against my skin, so my clothing is all or mostly cotton. I don't wear dresses or skirts, I'm almost always too hot when others are comfortable, and I hate the feel of tailored jackets. I have sometimes wondered what I would do if I had a job that required looking like a corporate or government professional.

But I don't think limited fabric choice is Sanders' problem - I've seen her in all kinds of synthetics. She's always struck me as a person who is trying to be bold and even a bit quirky in her clothing choices, and just doesn't pull it off. These days, she seems to be trying for something "country."

If she wasn't such a shitty human being, I'd feel for her.

• Upvote 4

Wow- if she has ambitions beyond her state, she needs a stylist- stat. I have crappy style, myself - joggers with a flannel shirt most days - but for work I always tried for some polish and professionalism. This outfit has neither. 

• Upvote 8

45 minutes ago, Becky said:

Wow- if she has ambitions beyond her state, she needs a stylist- stat. I have crappy style, myself - joggers with a flannel shirt most days - but for work I always tried for some polish and professionalism. This outfit has neither. 

IIRC, when she was Trump's press secretary, her outfits were more "citified" and seemed like attempts at looking professional. Most of them just never seemed to flatter her - I just remember that some of them seemed weirdly proportioned and/or loud. She often had that "she's not wearing the outfit, the outfit is wearing her" problem.

I wonder if she's going for a more countrified look now that she feels she's representing Arkansas.

Edited by thoughtful
accuracy
  • Upvote 6

I love linen and linen/cotton blends and they can look very professional. Usually though you have to throw a blazer on top of the very comfortable dresses. Wrinkles are not an issue if there is something that adds structure and polish.

I have to look professional in my job and lack a good sense of style. So I will share my secret. Wander into a store during slow hours and find BOTH clothes that you like AND a salesclerk that is killing it with her style. Approach the clerk and explain what you need along with budget and preferred fabrics and colors. 

It works every time.

Some or those clerks are super into fashion and have good eyes for it but rarely get the chance to dress people. A good clerk can pull together 3-4 outfits, and get a kick out of doing it.

I might buy one or two. It’s having the starting point that helps. I have a general idea of what looks good on me, the problem is that I don’t keep up with styles and it’s hard for me to hit that sweet spot of a classic look that isn’t dated.

Either she is shopping online or she hasn’t figured out how to get good help in the stores. Or maybe the clerks secretly hate her. 

2 hours ago, Becky said:

Adding to this. I find professional style and dress codes to be stressful. One more thing to think about that I really don’t want to think about. But it’s part of the gig. Make peace with it and find a way to do it efficiently and move on.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these politicians aren’t intentionally bad at dressing because it gives voters something to criticize without touching the actual politics.

The worst things about Huckabee are not her clothes.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I can't wear linen, either - fierce itching ensues.

I sometimes feel like I'm allergic to the whole damned planet.  😁

• I Agree 3

29 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I can't wear linen, either - fierce itching ensues.

I sometimes feel like I'm allergic to the whole damned planet.  😁

Noooooo. That is tragic.

(But I love a good wool too, so…)

• Upvote 1

I’ll preface this with the admission that I have never seen Sarah’s mom, but SHS is all her father minus his gorgeous dimples. She needs professional fashion advice.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Looks like it could be a clown top.  Dashing over from a part-time gig?

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I would only wear that blue dress as a nightgown - it does look comfy!

Or maybe she took too much Relaxium and was running late.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3