IGNORED

Maxwell 21: Deliberately Hiding the Truth Again

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Pretty much most of my friends and relatives my age (26), and I, have on-and-off lived at home (or went home for extended periods of time between big moves, like my friend whose lease ended just after she finished law school, and is staying with her parents while she studies for the bar and looks for a new place) since graduating college (though I'm hopefully fully launched unless some catastrophe happens). It's really not that unusual in this day and age. Though Jesse, as a Godly Man of God, has the added bonus of not dealing with the main drawback of living with your parents as a person in your 20s: figuring out the logistics of your sex life. 

What sex life??  He can't let anyone know that he knows Rosy Palm and her five sisters.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Wissmanns and Bontragers are longtime friends and their families remind me of one another. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a match yet. But there are plenty of single Wissmanns and Bontragers left.

Eh, the Wissmanns are in the middle of marrying off their brood and the Bontragers have just started in the last year.  Give it some time...   The elder Wissmann siblings are quite a bit older than the oldest Bontragers, but lucky for us, plenty of spawn left to match up!

25 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Eh, the Wissmanns are in the middle of marrying off their brood and the Bontragers have just started in the last year.  Give it some time...   The elder Wissmann siblings are quite a bit older than the oldest Bontragers, but lucky for us, plenty of spawn left to match up!

If the Bowers suddenly move to Nebraska, the Wissmans better hide their marriageable kids

Still no pizza cutter info but FROZEN STRAWBERRIES ARE UP!!!

”Cut berries into halves or fourths, depending on what size you prefer.”  It’s a bit picky but just say “cut strawberries into smaller pieces as desired.” Or, IF desired; can strawberries be frozen whole?

More pettiness but it tickles me, coming from one of the motherships of all things domestic: “Use a cooky sheet  with sides.”  That’s a jelly roll pan, Maxfail. 

Honestly. 

Y'all, I read the strawberry post and I am truly a heathen, for I do not freeze my strawberries in a Maxwell-approved manner! I don't "core" them--I just slice off the top bit. Then I cut them up. Some in halves, and some in fourths, all higgledy-piggledy. I mix them with sugar (!!!) and some ascorbic acid, and then I shovel them into the damn ziplocs and put them in the freezer. 

Truly, I am a sinner. 

11 hours ago, catlady said:

I had to look up flash freezing; I thought it sounded like an industrial or commercial process requiring special equipment. But it turns out that in home use, it just means laying the items out on a cookie sheet to freeze them before putting them in containers. If they had just put the strawberries straight into the baggies, they would have stuck together in a big block. 

It's how I freeze things like berries and cut up vegetables before vacuum sealing them, which would squish the not-frozen berries. I've never heard it called flash freezing. In the food service industry it's called IQF, for individually quick frozen.

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Wissmanns and Bontragers are longtime friends and their families remind me of one another. I’m surprised there hasn’t been a match yet. But there are plenty of single Wissmanns and Bontragers left.

Are there any younger BuckHale girls? I cannot remember - seems like the younger were mostly boys,  Steve would approve of a BuckHale match 

I wonder if now that Jesse has a house, he is allowed to start looking for someone to court. Like there is some type of Steve test he passed and was allowed to buy a house. Now he gets to move on to the next test. If he passes he can start courting. One day he will make it to the Steve Maxwell major leagues and be allowed to marry. 

Last week I put raw chicken I bought on sale a in freezer ziplock bag. I then put the bag in the freezer. Now you have my recipe for freezing chicken. Next week I will give you my secret recipe for turning warm bottle of waters into cold bottle of waters. Hint, you need this big storage container that plugs into the wall and lights up inside when you open it. 

43 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Are there any younger BuckHale girls? I cannot remember - seems like the younger were mostly boys,  Steve would approve of a BuckHale match 

Lydia Buckingham, Psalms Hale and Lamb Hale are between 17 and 22 I think.

Crack ship (to borrow the fan fiction term): Nurie Rodrigues and Jesse Maxwell. Because what I wouldn't give to watch JRod interact with the Maxwells. 

@Captain Obvious Did you get the BuckHale ages from somewhere, or did you estimate? I ask because I'm interested in the family, but there's very little information available about the unmarrieds (and some of the marrieds).

7 minutes ago, albireo said:

@Captain Obvious Did you get the BuckHale ages from somewhere, or did you estimate? I ask because I'm interested in the family, but there's very little information available about the unmarrieds (and some of the marrieds).

Estimated, based on info here and ages in photos:

http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Hale_Family

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Lydia Buckingham, Psalms Hale and Lamb Hale are between 17 and 22 I think.

Psalms? Lamb? Damn it. This is bad. Not as bad as Heistheway, but still pretty hideous names.

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Crack ship (to borrow the fan fiction term): Nurie Rodrigues and Jesse Maxwell. Because what I wouldn't give to watch JRod interact with the Maxwells. 

OH! EM! GEE!

Can you imagine Steveri’s faces when confronted with Jill’s raccoon eyes and David’s gluttonous, unfit pork belly??????

I’d pay money to be able to watch and record for future sales to America’s Funniest Videos. 

I never knew strawberries had a core. I just cut the top off and cut in half. What have I been eating all this time without gouging a hole in the berries?  I froze hamburger patties yesterday but again did not blog post it. My headship sections off the ground sirloin into appropriate sizes based on the family member’s preference. He forms a pattie with his hands and presses it with the butcher paper. I, his helper, cut off approprite pieces of plastic wrap, one for each pattie. I then wrap each pattie and place in a large freezer bag. Then they go into the freezer to be consumed at a later date. We both felt much light hearted afterwards knowing the burden of preparing patties was already done.

I’ve been hesitant to share my recipe for cheese and crackers, because it’s really complicated........

Wow, the second sentence of the strawberry post has so, many, commas.

:shakehead:

33 minutes ago, catlady said:

I’ve been hesitant to share my recipe for cheese and crackers, because it’s really complicated........

I’ve always been curious about how to prepare cheese and crackers but I’m too overwhelmed by the ingredient list. Do you have any tips on simplifying the recipe? Or maybe spreading out the steps over several days? :bangheaddesk:

43 minutes ago, catlady said:

Blog post it...please!

@doozeratwork, my first tip will be to slice the cheese at least two days in advance.  You may not have any kitchen helpers on the day you serve it. 

Bonus tip:  a pizza cutter may not work on all types of cheese. 

I'm dissapointed that we haven't seen any more of Anna's leftovers concoctions :(. How will I learn to be a proper helpmeet without her insight?

Pretty sure Steve read our opinions here about the leftover recipes and put a stop to those posts.

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

I'm dissapointed that we haven't seen any more of Anna's leftovers concoctions :(. How will I learn to be a proper helpmeet without her insight?

Pretty sure Steve read our opinions here about the leftover recipes and put a stop to those posts.

If you want to be a proper helpmeet and not poison/disgust/alienate  your headship, just forget about Maxwell comestibles, period.

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The hardest part of cheese and crackers is gathering supplies. It takes at least a week. 

Don't forget about hunting for a suitable quarter for the Aldi's cart.  And how and what to "cut the cheese" on, lol.

For me, the hardest part is deciding on what type of cheese to use. Fancy imports of Brie, mozzarella, or feta are out of the question, so it’s usually between American slices, Velveeta, Cheez-wiz, and Easy Cheez. Crackers are normally Ritz; Triscuits are for special occasions only. 

55 minutes ago, catlady said:

For me, the hardest part is deciding on what type of cheese to use. Fancy imports of Brie, mozzarella, or feta are out of the question, so it’s usually between American slices, Velveeta, Cheez-wiz, and Easy Cheez. Crackers are normally Ritz; Triscuits are for special occasions only. 

@catlady But should we remove the cheese paper? :my_biggrin:

@Lisafer, I did think about that!  But this is cheese and crackers, not a sandwich, so Rufus put it on my heart to disregard it. You know, schedule and all. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived