IGNORED

Maxwell 21: Deliberately Hiding the Truth Again

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I've never seen it called "Aldi's" before though.

I think the possessive "s" is just a colloquialism in certain places. I've heard people say they've been to the Walmart's...:my_biggrin:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my jaw literally dropped open at the AUDACITY of that aldi's post. to pass off your grocery list as a blog post?! i'm still reeling. and it wasn't just one grocery list - sarah listed two different families' grocery lists! she mentioned THREE TYPES OF CHEESE on one of the lists, because it wasn't enough detail to just tell us that elissa buys cheese at aldi's, we had to know all of the types of cheese she buys. 

she also walked us step by step through the process of RENTING A CART.

you know what this whole post reminds me of? in MIDDLE SCHOOL we had this writing assignment where we had to choose a simple task and write all of the steps to accomplish that task in as much detail as possible. like, an entire essay to explain the steps in 'make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich'. and you really needed to make sure you thought through every. little. step. like 'walk to cupboard. open door. pull out bread." 

On 6/21/2018 at 5:18 PM, onekidanddone said:

In the People’s Republic of Montgomery County you can only buy hard liquor from a County owned store. Beer and wine can only be sold at beer and wine stores and one store per chain. So Safeway, Giant and such has to pick one location only. 

Holy shit I grew up there.  In the upcounty area.

So much crap w that county. So much.  I live in another state now and don’t even recognize the area when I go back to visit the parental unit.  And I always forget they charge for plastic bags now too.  Was very confused in Target when they asked if I wanted a bag and said “uh sure” then said never mind when I realized the charge. 

Im actually not opposed to that.  I recycle all or bags rather than trash them at home.  Just not used to it. 

In the latest post showcasing Mom & Dad’s Corners it looks like Terie’s June post has the last whole family photo, without Chelsy. I’m betting they are nice to her face but do anything they can to distract followers from her presence. 

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

In the latest post showcasing Mom & Dad’s Corners it looks like Terie’s June post has the last whole family photo, without Chelsy. I’m betting they are nice to her face but do anything they can to distract followers from her presence. 

It may be that that's the latest/best "everybody" photo they have. That one's also from before Benjamin, Danny, Elizabeth, and Kyle were born. 

I do agree, though, that they're really weird about Chelsy. I don't think it's because she's any less fundie than they are (she's probably around the same area they are on the political/religious views spectrum), but she does seem a little more self-possessed and worldly than the other wives, and certainly more than the Maxwell girl-women. 

WTF is with the supermarket post?

Are the Maxwells shilling for Aldi's (yes, I'm guilty, I call it that, but people in Australia where I live tend to call it that rather than Aldi) or maybe they just caught on to the trend of cheap prices really late?

I don't need instruction on shopping protocol. Or what type of cracker each family member enjoys.

Also - Joseph and Elissa's baby? Kyle? Is that a privacy thing? Or a clunky writing style thing?

These are some sad, bored people.

9 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I agree that is it likely just the best photo they had. None of the DILs appeared that frequently in the blog until the recent spate of Melanie and NRAnna cooking and schooling posts. I actually forget about Elissa. I don’t think it is a message and is insidious. Sometimes a picture is just that -a picture.

14 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Holy shit I grew up there.  In the upcounty area.

So much crap w that county. So much.  I live in another state now and don’t even recognize the area when I go back to visit the parental unit.  And I always forget they charge for plastic bags now too.  Was very confused in Target when they asked if I wanted a bag and said “uh sure” then said never mind when I realized the charge. 

Im actually not opposed to that.  I recycle all or bags rather than trash them at home.  Just not used to it. 

It gets more and more insane here every year. So built up Urbana is starting to look like Germantown and Germantown is looking like Rockville Pike. Clarksburg has a whomping big outlet mall ugly as hell. Husband and I don’t want to retire here. Thinking of Boulder or Albuquerque. Just have to get the kid through high school and I need maybe six more years before full retirement. Six long long years 

How many increasingly bland blogposts will it take for Sarah to realize that she has nothing actually worthwhile going on in her life? Yes, she has writing. And as mundane as that is, it is her art she has the freedom to make. However, I can’t tell if The Moody’s books, well, limitedness (?) is due to her appealing to a certain crowd or because she herself has been so limited. I am hoping she has some journal entries at least that show some actual expression and freedom of thought.

How many increasingly bland blogposts will it take for Sarah to realize that she has nothing actually worthwhile going on in her life? Yes, she has writing. And as mundane as that is, it is her art she has the freedom to make. However, I can’t tell if The Moody’s books, well, limitedness (?) is due to her appealing to a certain crowd or because she herself has been so limited. I am hoping she has some journal entries at least that show some actual expression and freedom of thought.

Every time I read about Sarah’s books I get so bummed out! It really seems like she has so little going on, it’s depressing.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:27 PM, Peaches1981 said:

Well according to my mother in law, I boil water incorrectly. 

Wait, I need to know more. How do you boil it, and how does she say you *should* be boiling it?! Now I have water-boiling impostor syndrome.

5 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

It gets more and more insane here every year. So built up Urbana is starting to look like Germantown and Germantown is looking like Rockville Pike. Clarksburg has a whomping big outlet mall ugly as hell. Husband and I don’t want to retire here. Thinking of Boulder or Albuquerque. Just have to get the kid through high school and I need maybe six more years before full retirement. Six long long years 

Downcounty resident here, and I am right there with you.

My dream is to retire to New England in another ~6-8 years.

Me: *checks in on the Maxwells for the first time since January* Oh look nothing's happened. Can Teri and Sarah write my ridiculously long papers for me since they're so good at filling in space with words on the most boring subjects?

A new post is up. Jesse has bought a house (debt-free, of course)! Sarah wants to make it clear he's currently not in a relationship... yeah, right, maybe not actually courting but in the getting-to-know-you-stage?

Let the speculation bus start rolling!

Me: *checks in on the Maxwells for the first time since January* Oh look nothing's happened. Can Teri and Sarah write my ridiculously long papers for me since they're so good at filling in space with words on the most boring subjects?
Look, there were a lot of people who told me that P's get degrees, but I'm pretty sure 1) your papers would be filled with bad passive tense and strange colloquialisms that could only have been born from Maxhell and possibly some pictures of cute male Maxwell children, and 2) your word count will still be woefully short.

@purjolok84 True. I wouldn't actually do that, I'm just surprised that the Maxwells can spend so much time talking about stuff that would only take a sentence or two for most people. 

New post up.  Forgotten Jesse has bought a house debt free and it's not Gigi's.

I find myself wondering whether Sarah is perhaps playing with words, and Jesse isn't "in a relationship" but is rather "in a godly courtship" with a young fundy maiden and they're not going to say so on the blog.

But I do hope one of the girls is the next to marry. 

4 minutes ago, meee said:

I find myself wondering whether Sarah is perhaps playing with words, and Jesse isn't "in a relationship" but is rather "in a godly courtship" with a young fundy maiden and they're not going to say so on the blog.

But I do hope one of the girls is the next to marry. 

Not going to happen...not now, not ever !   And we all know it ;)    

And this is how the Maxwells pimp out their boys. He's got a house! Your quiver will have a roof over their heads! Now come marry him! 

"Dad and Mom are so gracious to provide for us in that way!"  Gracious, no Sarah you  (and all of your siblings) are property of Stevehovah until marriage.

If Jesse bought a house, he’s at least thinking about marriafe. Even if there isn’t a girl in mind, he will find one soon enough I’m sure. And maybe he also wants an excuse to get away from the family. 

Attention maidens, Jessie Maxwell is officially on the prowl!

"He who buyeth his house with a sac of coins shall inherit a wife to serve the house's master" 

here's my guided tour on board the Idle Speculation Bus:  the current tenants of the house plan on leaving at the end of their lease, and the owner didn't want to go through the process of finding new occupants; he (of course "he," as no self-respecting Maxwell manly-man would buy real estate from a lowly female) was also tired of being a landlord, so he was looking to dump the house at minimal profit.  Jesse, meanwhile, is not in a relationship in the same vein that he does not go on vacations to Colorado.  he is in the early stages of courtship with a sheltered fundie girl whose headship father doesn't like the rock-star lifestyle of bloggers, so this family is thoroughly anonymous.  while the young lady in question may have a social media account somewhere, it's locked down and completely private.  therefore, Steve has approved the match; he's still smarting from the Bontrager debacle.  we will hear not another word about Jesse's house, and very little of Jesse, until the Thanksgiving 2019 post when Sarah throws in a photo at the end (with a badly-written caption) of Jesse, his bride of 42 weeks, and their newborn baby who was delivered in the paid-for-in-cash house a few days earlier.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived