IGNORED

Maxwell 21: Deliberately Hiding the Truth Again

Coconut Flan

42 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I wouldn't wish Maxhell on most fundie girls, but I can see Jesse with Nurie Rodrigues. At least Nurie would get to live in a nice house. And wouldn't it be fun for the Maxwells to have JillRod as an in-law? :pb_twisted:

I don't see Steve ever permitting that, but I do think marrying a Maxwell would be better for Nurie than living in the Rod home.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I wouldn't wish Maxhell on most fundie girls, but I can see Jesse with Nurie Rodrigues. At least Nurie would get to live in a nice house. And wouldn't it be fun for the Maxwells to have JillRod as an in-law? :pb_twisted:

Steve and Teri would never ever allow that. And I don't blame them. Having Jill as extended family must be unbearable, plus I'm sure she will start grifting since the first day of courtship.

I'm so sorry for Nurie but her mother is her worst enemy in terms of courtship prospects.

9 hours ago, johnhugh said:

So Jess chimes in regarding the evil 'rock and roll' music with a 'beat':

My main thought is that it should be a reasonable volume to facilitate networking.

Oh good grief, Jesse, take that stick out of your behind!

But, I agree with you, johnhugh,  at least he and Joseph are getting out there and meeting people out of their comfort zone.

Now, if only the sisters had the same opportunities.

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

My feelings exactly. They want a man like their father, and I doubt their are many out their. 

We can thank Rufus there is only one Steve. 

On 6/25/2018 at 7:19 AM, FloraKitty35 said:

"Dad and Mom are so gracious to provide for us in that way!"  Gracious, no Sarah you  (and all of your siblings) are property of Stevehovah until marriage.

And they work FOR the parents and it's least they can do since their lives are so stunted.

The way the Bontrager family pushed Carson and Joshua onto Cassidy and Carolina, I would imagine Chelsy might push Allison towards Jesse. Obviously the Bons have no issues putting pressure on one another about matchmaking. Allison has said she is single. Of course she could be fibbing but if she hasn’t gotten together with Jesse yet, I doubt they will. Their personalities may not mesh. But I bet Chelsy wished for it so hard since her sister seems to be her BFF and she would love for her BFF to live in Maxhell with her. 

I suppose both parties could be stretching the truth in order to keep it a secret. But I’ve seen absolutely nothing to show there’s any sort of relationship there. 

6 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

And she'd get regular meals, at least better than what she gets with the JRods.

Here the Wedding Bells? Won't be long now! Jesse bought a house debt-free!  I say the stuff about income-earning with the house is a cover story. The girls are probably doing wedding planning on their trip!!

10 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Or as I remember calling it when I knew people who lived there “how weird county”

Aww, don't go dissing my county!  I love it here.

43 minutes ago, Dark Matters said:

And she'd get regular meals, at least better than what she gets with the JRods.

Holy crap, poor Nurie's mind would explode having to shift gears from idolizing Jill to idolizing Stevehovah.  (Plus, no way would he EVER accept anyone from Jill's family into his own, given her love of bling and makeup... though imagining the two of them meeting is highly amusing.)

8 hours ago, DooDahDame said:

Even if the husbands took the Maxwell name the children would never be true Maxwells. 

And a man taking the family name of his wife would be considered really unmanly in fundieworld. I can't this that happen.

Fundies everywhere are aware that a Maxwell is now more desirable with his own home, debt free. I dont think he has a girlfriend or is courting right? Stevejovah must be sending the signal to attract a godly woman to be helpmeet to his son. Jill would salivate at the idea of a match I,m sure. The Maxwells won’t know what hit them if he married a Rod. There would be matching outfits, new tzchokcka for all the Maxwell homes, plenty of eyeliner and spray to go around. Im sure we will hear how the precious newlyweds decided to forgo a honeymoon to bless mama Jill with a recover from the wedding planning trip. 

I’m trying to decide what kind of fundie girl Jesse might go after. Maybe Lydia Waller? She’s really cute and similar in age. Plus the Wallers are fairly “safe.” Meaning Lydia won’t be blogging like Chelsy and would probably be ok with a quiet courtship. 

I think Jill would much prefer a Duggar or Bates match up. I don't think Jill likes being looked down on or having any of her hypocrisy pointed out. And there's no way Steve wouldn't make some digs about her makeup, hair, tight clothing, or her husband's weight. Also, I get the feeling Jill consumes quite a bit of mainstream media behind the scenes. 

But OMG, I would watch the hell out of that episode of Wife Swap

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

though imagining the two of them meeting is highly amusing.)

That would be amazing. Jill with her 80's hair and string of highly made up children coming in contact with Steve? :laughing-jumpingpurple: Steve couldn't keep his mouth shut and Jill would be very angry because she isn't supposed to lecture a man. Steve would not approve of anything about Jill, but her love of Judge Judy type television shows would make his head explode. Can you imagine her face as he lectures her on the Beast? 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, Alisamer said:

It could happen. Unlikely, but it could possibly happen.

It might take something apocalyptic, though. As long as Steve's still in charge and Teri's still drinking the Flavor-Aid, it's probably near impossible. If those two suddenly disappeared, maybe. I could see the daughters-in-law encouraging them and helping them find husbands, if only so their own husbands don't have to support them forever.

FLAVOR-Aid? Maxwells would never drink anything with FLAVOR. Silly Alisamer.

18 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

FLAVOR-Aid? Maxwells would never drink anything with FLAVOR. Silly Alisamer.

@Alisamer was probably referring to the actual beverage used at Jonestown.  Media at the time used the term Kool-aid, and it wasn't corrected right away.

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

More like:

Teri has clinical depression and is barely functioning, so it's up to Sarah to be her dad's "hostess" and run the household because god forbid a man step up and do the housework and such. 

Steve is a pathological narcissist and control freak, and one way of exerting control is isolating and stunting his daughters. 

Sarah has so internalized learned helplessness from these factors that she has never been able to take any real initiative to change her situation. 

Alternatively, Sarah never wanted marriage or to pump out kids, and keeps using "just waiting for the right guy!" to stall and not have to live that life. 

You are right on much of this but Maxwell men do cook and clean. They have been spotted doing such things. While gender roles are still proscribed, the Maxwells are less rigid in this than others, likely because of depression and everyone working at home. It's actually been a point of pride in the past on the blog that Steve and the boys participate in household work.

1 minute ago, catlady said:

@Alisamer was probably referring to the actual beverage used at Jonestown.  Media at the time used the term Kool-aid, and it wasn't corrected right away.

That was actually a joke.

So Steve buys all his male kids a house, outright. If that is his required level of attainment for marriage, the girls' chances for marriage are slim to none.

if Steve is actually helping his sons buy their houses by fronting the cash and they pay him back, then it's not really debt-free.  Steve likes to say debt-free, but his actions say mortgage-free; they're not the same thing.

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

And a man taking the family name of his wife would be considered really unmanly in fundieworld. I can't this that happen.

It would be considered WEIRD in many, many, many types of families. Sorry, but that's  a pretty hipster-ish thing. Not many men even think of doing this. Maybe, MAYBE (but still rare) hyphenating it.

16 minutes ago, catlady said:

if Steve is actually helping his sons buy their houses by fronting the cash and they pay him back, then it's not really debt-free.  Steve likes to say debt-free, but his actions say mortgage-free; they're not the same thing.

I think he HAS earned the money. Remember he's a man-child. He gets to be PAID for whatever he does. If you have NO expenses and have no choice but to save it all, then even minimum wage adds up pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The way the Bontrager family pushed Carson and Joshua onto Cassidy and Carolina, I would imagine Chelsy might push Allison towards Jesse. Obviously the Bons have no issues putting pressure on one another about matchmaking. Allison has said she is single. Of course she could be fibbing but if she hasn’t gotten together with Jesse yet, I doubt they will. Their personalities may not mesh. 

Personality meshing doesn’t need to happen till after the nuptials in fundieland. John and Chelsy are exceptions. 

The guy and gal are supposed to be aware of each other but ‘not think much about it’. Play it cool. Act like they can do without each other, no problem. Then all of a sudden proclaim they are best friends and the love of each other’s lives. 

On 6/25/2018 at 12:15 PM, Granwych said:

I've lived in New England all my life, and now dh and I are considering moving away.  No idea where to go yet.

I grew up in New England and went to school there.  I would love to return to live there.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m trying to decide what kind of fundie girl Jesse might go after. Maybe Lydia Waller? She’s really cute and similar in age. Plus the Wallers are fairly “safe.” Meaning Lydia won’t be blogging like Chelsy and would probably be ok with a quiet courtship. 

Oooh how fun to speculate on the next Maxhell bride!  Not betting on Allison Bontrager at all, as I get a distinct whiff of fundie princess about her, plus she's had a chance to get to know the Maxwells through Chelsy's relationship with John, and has probably ruled Jesse out for that reason alone.    I don't know enough about the other fundie families to come up with some interesting matches but in addition to one of the Waller daughters, he might pair up with one of the Mueller sisters, Heidi or Marybeth.  I wonder too about Hannah Girotti?  Although I would hope their fathers would put the kibosh on giving a daughter to a Maxwell. 

27 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Oooh how fun to speculate on the next Maxhell bride!  Not betting on Allison Bontrager at all, as I get a distinct whiff of fundie princess about her, plus she's had a chance to get to know the Maxwells through Chelsy's relationship with John, and has probably ruled Jesse out for that reason alone.    I don't know enough about the other fundie families to come up with some interesting matches but in addition to one of the Waller daughters, he might pair up with one of the Mueller sisters, Heidi or Marybeth.  I wonder too about Hannah Girotti?  Although I would hope their fathers would put the kibosh on giving a daughter to a Maxwell. 

Well John David has taken one of the Burnett sisters but there are two left (the twins) for Jesse! And then there’s a few Wissmann girls. My guess would be Hannah. She’s close in age to Jesse. And like I said Lydia Waller is a possibility. Esther Staddon is too old I think. I wonder if the Maxwells know the Neely’s. They have some single fundie daughters. The Richardson (seven farmgirls) sisters are working girls so I think they are out.

I really want to know if that house is in the Maxwell's neighborhood. It isn't a bi-level by the look of it. I grew up in such suburbia so I know there are normally 2-6 house plans in a subdivision. Could he actually have been allowed to buy a house "nearby" but not IN the neighborhood? Too much to hope for? Either he's been working on it for a while in secret or the guy who had it as a rental did some renovation from the looks of the newer siding on the front.

Oh a Waller! That would be a great bride for him! TFDW meeting Stevie! Yes!! Maybe one of Prissy's little brother's could marry poor Mary?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived