IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

God she is so long winded. I bet she’s like that IRL too. Can you imagine trying to have a conversation with her? I would zone out after about 5 seconds.

FOR REALZ.  That was the first thing I noticed about her.  

There is a scene in Six Feet Under when Ruth is listening to her friend Robbie drone on and on and we hear her in her mind saying  "Shut up.  Will you shut up.  SHUT THE MOUTH."  That's all I think when I read her posts.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does this woman dress like an adult Punky Brewster? 

One of my workmates has 6 siblings. They are now aged 55-65 years old. I asked her how many grandchildren her parents had. Her answer was ONE. Only the eldest was a father, and he had an only child.

I know it is not usual. Anyway, she stated that all of them hated the lack of quality time with their parents. And they were only 7 kids!

But of course, this family was not fundie. I can't imagine Duggars, Bates or Maxwells marrying 7 children and *obtaining* only 1 grandchild.

15 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

One of my workmates has 6 siblings. They are now aged 55-65 years old. I asked her how many grandchildren her parents had. Her answer was ONE. Only the eldest was a father, and he had an only child.

I know it is not usual. Anyway, she stated that all of them hated the lack of quality time with their parents. And they were only 7 kids!

But of course, this family was not fundie. I can't imagine Duggars, Bates or Maxwells marrying 7 children and *obtaining* only 1 grandchild.

That's because they have gotten by comfortably without living in the real world. Where would these families of 19 children be without TV???? The Duggars and Bates sold their own kids, their anonymity and private moments, in order to fund their lifestyles. So effing crass.

44 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That's because they have gotten by comfortably without living in the real world. Where would these families of 19 children be without TV???? The Duggars and Bates sold their own kids, their anonymity and private moments, in order to fund their lifestyles. So effing crass.

I think Anna Duggar’s family is more like your typical fundie family. They had 8 kids and lived in a trailer. Two children are divorced, one had a child without being married, and another lives in another country with 11 kids. Her family is a huge mix. I imagine most fundie families turn out like that. 

Well I like name guess so I'm gonna start.  Her current kids are: 

Boys: Ezra, Simon, Theodore, and Honor
Girls: Adelaide (Della), Evangeline (Evy), and Magnolia (Nola)

If it's a girl I'd guess something like Genevieve (maybe call her Vivi or something) or maybe Eleanor?

For boys, well, Honor is kinda throwing me off, maybe Micah to go with Ezra and Simon or Sebastian to go with Theo?

8 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

If it's a girl I'd guess something like Genevieve (maybe call her Vivi or something) or maybe Eleanor?

For boys, well, Honor is kinda throwing me off, maybe Micah to go with Ezra and Simon or Sebastian to go with Theo?

I like some of her names but you can tell that she’s trying WAY TOO HARD. 

Anyone see her latest IG post? Apparently a friend AT CHURCH approached her and mentioned that said someone else asked if ahe was pregnant because she looked "poochy." She concluded her post with something along the lines of "am I looking lovingly at my pooch, or thinking about keying my friend's car?"

How *absolutely* Christlike.

Wait, her son is named Honor? I thought fundies were super into strict gender roles. What happened there?

Lmao if she's being honest (whiiich...) I don't really blame her too much for getting peevish. I was known to tell people "NOPE JUST FAT" and stare them down when I got body comments postpartum. 

I get people feeling pissed off that other people think their pregnant based on not being model sized (I hate the way it happens in the Duggar threads) but how can you get pissed off that someone thinks you might be pregnant when you ARE pregnant, and make a huge big deal about how amazing and Christ-like you are for being pregnant?

Can't speak for her, but my tummy* never got back to anywhere near normal since my first pregnancy. Early pregnancy makes it impossible to suck your fat in and ya feel gross and fat. Braggy's apparently a huge dick to everyone all the time though so eh who knows

*Okay, all of me. 

34 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I get people feeling pissed off that other people think their pregnant based on not being model sized (I hate the way it happens in the Duggar threads) but how can you get pissed off that someone thinks you might be pregnant when you ARE pregnant, and make a huge big deal about how amazing and Christ-like you are for being pregnant?

I think the church friend should never had said anything. I find it incredibly rude. 

HOWEVER Braggy is a fitness instructor that prides herself on getting back to her prepregnancy body soon after giving birth. She also has a lot of kids. So OF COURSE people will think this fitness instructor who wants a huge family is pregnant when she suddenly has a small belly when she didn’t have one before. I find nothing wrong with people assuming she’s pregnant again. It’s pretty logical. But they need to keep that shit to themselves.  

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Simon and Theodore? Lol! She should go ahead and add Alvin. Too bad Ezra isn't Dave since he's the one keeping them all in line. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m going to say Alvin for a boy since she has a Simon and Theodore.

Sorry, posted before I saw your response. She should go with Calvin. 

One of the chipmunk girls on Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoon was Eleanor. I can see her going with that name. 

One of her kids shares a name with my kid and her overall name choices in no way approach the levels of batshit we at FJ have been witness to regarding fundie naming over the years.

Put me down for Team Alvin(a) though!

29 minutes ago, erunerune said:

One of her kids shares a name with my kid and her overall name choices in no way approach the levels of batshit we at FJ have been witness to regarding fundie naming over the years.

Speaking of which, isn't Heistheway's mother having another kid?

25 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Speaking of which, isn't Heistheway's mother having another kid?

Yes, but she calmed the fuck down after getting Heistheway out of her system. 

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

They Bateses would probably still living in deep poverty, with all the kids crammed into their tiny house and without all the photo shootings, shiny Instagram accounts and nice clothes. How much do they pay for the Clown College? Would they be able to afford it without the TV money?
I don't know wether the Duggars were as poor as the Bateses were before the show, but IIRC they seemed to do better financially and not face the level of financial hardship that the Bateses had to deal with.

I don't want to defend any of these families!! They made the choice to have a busload of kids, leave good paying jobs and to live this lifestyle. I'm just fascinated by the thought how their lives would have turned out without their shows.

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

They Bateses would probably still living in deep poverty, with all the kids crammed into their tiny house and without all the photo shootings, shiny Instagram accounts and nice clothes. How much do they pay for the Clown College? Would they be able to afford it without the TV money?
I don't know wether the Duggars were as poor as the Bateses were before the show, but IIRC they seemed to do better financially and not face the level of financial hardship that the Bateses had to deal with.

I don't want to defend any of these families!! They made the choice to have a busload of kids, leave good paying jobs and to live this lifestyle. I'm just fascinated by the thought how their lives would have turned out without their shows.

I think both families were pretty poor before the tv shows came along. If the Duggars didn’t have the show, they wouldn’t have been able to help put an extension on their house. And I imagine the boys would all be working a lot more hours in the “family business” in order to make ends meet. I’m sure very few would have been able to attend college. Things would have been very different for both families if the shows hasn’t happened.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:52 PM, luv2laugh said:

The only thing is that Ree Drummond can pull off the "Aww, shucks! See, I'm just like you!" act with her oven mittens MUCH better and come off way more sincere than Braggy, and Ree comes from major family money on both her side and in-law side, unlike Braggy.

Ree Drummond is a master, in my opinion, at this fake act.  If you did not know anything about Ree's dad being a successful surgeon and her in-laws being millionaires, you would think she is a friendly girl next door. Braggy's blog reads as a deliberate need for an ego boost. Braggy will take perfectly clean, sparkling kitchen pictures and say "Please excuse the ginormous mess! #Momlife, am I right? #Livingmybestself #Childrenareablessing".  

Most people want to learn from people they can relate to. Martha Stewart built her empire this way. Many SAHMs could relate to her. Ree Drummond tries so hard to be her but if you dig deep, you will see it's all PR and calculated, similar to Taylor Swift. Braggy is too opinionated and no one wants to learn from a "know it all". Gwyneth Paltrow has spent years going on interviews trying to undo her "ice queen" stereotype since she knows that people would be more likely to buy GOOP products if they liked her. 

Reese Witherspoon has always had the "America's Sweetheart" label and because of that, she's been very successful with her Draper James southern clothing company. Why? Reese comes off as a relatable southern girl, working mom, that is kind and won't talk behind your back. The truth? I won't forget her drunken incident where she asked "Do YOU know who I AM?!" she also was stuck in a rut for awhile with a few rom-coms that didn't perform well at the box office. When she got rid of Ryan Phillippe and married Jim Toth... she COMPLETELY changedJim Toth has been a talent agent with CAA since 1995. CAA is said to be the most prestigious talent agency but was in the news a few months back in hot water with Weinstein scandals. Suddenly, Reese announced she was doing a book list and turning them into movies via her own production company, produced Gone Girl and starred as lead in Wild same year, and now is having major success with Big Little Lies AND her Draper James Co. while doing movies here and there.  Reese is hard-working but having CAA connections and an in-home talent agent DEFINITELY helps.

I live near Tulsa.  Ree Drummond never hid her family connections, they are kind of known around here.  They are not necessarily considered an influential family or anything, but the cattle and wealth has never been anything secret.  I'm not the biggest fan, I think she's kind of flakey and yes arrogant.  But she never really pretended to be poor or anything.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:52 PM, luv2laugh said:

The only thing is that Ree Drummond can pull off the "Aww, shucks! See, I'm just like you!" act with her oven mittens MUCH better and come off way more sincere than Braggy, and Ree comes from major family money on both her side and in-law side, unlike Braggy.

Ree Drummond is a master, in my opinion, at this fake act. 

Ugh yes, her act is obviously transparent. I find her aloofness distasteful. She had a story on her blog (404ed) now, about how she thought she had a "black grandpa." He was just a tanned white man. The intro to her show is so cringy, ..." I'm a mother, chef, writer,  photographer, cheese monger, chicken wrangler, physiotherapist ... blah blah blah ... It`s so hard to like her.

The comment about keying someone`s car  because they said you looked a bit poochy is not cute either.  People who are that vincitive make me wary.

I don’t know why but out of all the fundies, Braggie annoys me the most.

Of course, Lori & JRod are on a completely separate level of I CANNOT STAND. No worries, they still have top rank on my list.

Braggie is just really irritating. She ALWAYS has something to prove, something to show off, and a long winded pompous preachy post.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived