IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

3 hours ago, 3SecondSideHugger said:

OK it’s like you’ve found my relatives, minus the Vlog. They live in a house rent free, utility free, etc paid for by my parents. They had multiple kids unplanned and my whole family gave them so much money when the babies happened. They worked my elderly relatives (who weren’t in the best of health) to the bone caring for the kids often 12 hours a day while they were at work. They do both have decent jobs, but alas, where THE F does that money go??! They don’t pay for anything!!!! Maybe their new toys and cars they buy while my partner and I can’t save up enough for a house with 0 kids working more and making more than them but we don’t beg for everyone else to pay for our lives. It’s infuriating. If they added a YouTube channel and blog I’d really be walking out lol

Oh and she’s got 2 dishwashers. One for each older son to be responsible for while she takes pictures and blogs *eyeroll*

Don't forgot those big tax returns people like them often getl! And yes my SIL has a nice newer car too. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CatholicLite said:

She makes it seem like her life is way too perfect, and even when she mentions the things that go wrong in her life, they're so insignificant and petty it makes me roll my eyes.

B.I.N.G.O.

My sister in law has also started doing this set up photo shoots of her kids in "everyday life." They look cute but if you look closer you can totally tell that they're staged, lol.  

We called it @BobJonesBabe

In the last pic, it looked like a bunch of R's on the ceiling, but I couldn't think of what they could possibly be spelling.  Why didn't I think of great with 5 R's and an 8?  Guess she had to get the number 8 in there somehow.

The fact that the balloons spell "grrrr8" but in the caption she's put "grrrrr8t" with an extra T really annoys me and I'm not sure why! 

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

We called it @BobJonesBabe

In the last pic, it looked like a bunch of R's on the ceiling, but I couldn't think of what they could possibly be spelling.  Why didn't I think of great with 5 R's and an 8?  Guess she had to get the number 8 in there somehow.

Indeed. Smelled this one coming for sure. Pretty sure the RANT gave it away. 

I know what it's like to be in Braggie's shoes: always having to one up everyone...including yourself. Eventually, some of us realize how exhausting it is. Others get broken. In her case, having a huge support system (money + family) may actually do more harm than good. : /

I saw this and immediately thought "FJ called it" :D ugh, Braggie and I are due round about the same time... not sure I like that. 

What gets me is these folks who somehow think that when you have mega #s of children, that each additional one is MORE special. How does logic work in that reasoning? It seems to me that each extra one becomes just a number, and less precious and special. How can you intimately know and relate to each and every one individually? She already shows photos of her older kids "parenting".... sort of an indication that she has more on her plate than she and her husband can handle.

@SassyPants because each additional child makes you MORE special than those bc-using heathens. And of course makes you MORE special than those lesser couples who haven't been as blessed by God with a van/bus/cruise-ship load of children

Every person I know who comes from a large family (6+ children) Every. Single. One. hates the fact they were either 1) sibling parents or 2) lost in the crowd.

Both experiences say that they had no real childhood.  The older kids who were sibling parents resent the fact that there were so many things they missed out on because they had to act as parents to all the younger ones. The younger kids resent that they had no real relationship with the actual parents and that the older kids "bossed" them around.

Not to mention that large families cost more to feed and clothe with way less money left over for extras or even higher education.

I had a good friend in high school who was unable to go to our junior-senior prom with her boyfriend. Forget buying a prom dress, she was going to make hers -- except with 8 children in the family mom & dad refused to let her use her part time job money to buy the dress materials.  To them it waste of money on a dress she'd wear only a few times. Nope that money had to be put aside for when she or one of the younger kids needed new shoes the next school year. Little kids grow out of shoes all the time and not everything can be passed down.

Of all the people I know who grew up in large families, only one of them had a large family of his own. [Long story but he finally got snipped after #7.  They agreed on no more after #4, but oopsie, fundie wife kept "accidentally" having bc failures.]

The rest had 0-2 children.

TL;DR   Braggy is only 35-36. At this rate she could have 4 more before she's done.

The above post makes me think of a favorite relative in my family tree, one of my great-great grandfathers.

He was smack dab in the middle of a family of 13 children.

He grew up, married the love of his life and had ONE child.  (No miscarriages, no other lost children, no problems - it's pretty obvious they purposely had just one).  :)

I have a family member that also did not enjoy growing up in a large family so she ended up having one child and getting her tubes tied after. None of her siblings had large families either. 

I think if you choose to have a large family (being quiverful isn’t a choice in family size in my opinion) because you love having a lot of kids and stop when you feel you are at your limit (financially, emotionally, physically), then your kids may not resent being from a large family. But if you go past your limit and expect your children to pick up the slack, I imagine there will be all kinds of resentment. 

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

expect your children to pick up the slack, I imagine there will be all kinds of resentment. 

This exactly what Braggy seems to be doing.  We read her instas about the 2 oldest boys parenting their siblings and all the chores they do around the house.  A recent insta bragged about their "servant hearts" and how they pitch in unasked (yeah right) and do so much for her.

Her hub seems to travel fairly often and those boys are picking up the adult male slack while he's gone.

No wonder she makes everything look so shiny, happy, clean, sugary sweet, and Jesus-y.

She has money, her children are co-parenting, her mother helps homeschool and takes the children whenever Braggy asks.  Highly suspect Baggy has an out-of-sight housekeeper like Lori does.

15 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Every person I know who comes from a large family (6+ children) Every. Single. One. hates the fact they were either 1) sibling parents or 2) lost in the crowd.

Both experiences say that they had no real childhood.  The older kids who were sibling parents resent the fact that there were so many things they missed out on because they had to act as parents to all the younger ones. The younger kids resent that they had no real relationship with the actual parents and that the older kids "bossed" them around.

Not to mention that large families cost more to feed and clothe with way less money left over for extras or even higher education.

I had a good friend in high school who was unable to go to our junior-senior prom with her boyfriend. Forget buying a prom dress, she was going to make hers -- except with 8 children in the family mom & dad refused to let her use her part time job money to buy the dress materials.  To them it waste of money on a dress she'd wear only a few times. Nope that money had to be put aside for when she or one of the younger kids needed new shoes the next school year. Little kids grow out of shoes all the time and not everything can be passed down.

Of all the people I know who grew up in large families, only one of them had a large family of his own. [Long story but he finally got snipped after #7.  They agreed on no more after #4, but oopsie, fundie wife kept "accidentally" having bc failures.]

The rest had 0-2 children.

TL;DR   Braggy is only 35-36. At this rate she could have 4 more before she's done.

Yep. This is also my experience. I am 60 and went to Catholic schools, so I know lots of people from large families, and none of them have large families themselves. My husband comes from a family with 7 kids in 10 years time. 1 sib has 3 kids, 4 have 2 kids, and 2, including the oldest sister and only girl in the first 5 kids, have zero.

I love her home decorating style on IG. Those Zillow full-room shots, though? Horrible. It's like she grabs trendy stuff and throws it together without thinking about what the room as a whole should look/feel like. 

Her eldest being a sweetheart who loves to help means I guess I have a new kid to root for. He reminds me of my first born. Here's to hoping he survives his QF/CP childhood with that gentle nature intact.

Abbie's newest blog post: http://misformama.net/2018/08/to-the-mama-whos-embarrassed-to-announce-her-pregnancy.html makes me think she was planning on some negative comments about her latest pregnancy so should could make a whole sanctimonious blog about it, and when that didn't happen she just went ahead and made the blog post anyway.

"Being pregnant inside marriage isn't something to be ashamed of!" 

I almost agreed with ya there, Braggy.

God she is so long winded. I bet she’s like that IRL too. Can you imagine trying to have a conversation with her? I would zone out after about 5 seconds.

AND...her mother watches her 5 oldest kids, overnight, one night every week. Now if her mom had 8 kids who each had 8 kids would she be able or willing to give each parent group that break each week???

No, she would not.

So A's kids will likely not be getting the breaks that she and her husband enjoy!

Her way only works because: 1) her husband has a healthy income (and she works PT at the gym) and 2) her mother provides homeschooling, meals, gardening and childcare. I guess she does pay her mom for homeschool help, again, without their income she would be unable to pay for that help.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

AND...her mother watches her 5 oldest kids, overnight, one night every week. Now if her mom had 8 kids who each had 8 kids would she be able or willing to give each parent group that break each week???

No, she would not.

So A's kids will likely not be getting the breaks that she and her husband enjoy!

Her way only works because: 1) her husband has a healthy income (and she works PT at the gym) and 2) her mother provides homeschooling, meals, gardening and childcare. I guess she does pay her mom for homeschool help, again, without their income she would be unable to pay for that help.

That’s what’s funny about Michelle and Kelly Bates. They can watch grandkids now because they are in their 50s and they don’t have a huge amount yet. But by the time Josie D and Jeb B have kids, they will be in their 60s or 70s  and will have dozens of other grandkids and they can’t babysit all of them. 

5 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

"Being pregnant inside marriage isn't something to be ashamed of!" 

I almost agreed with ya there, Braggy.

Well I certainly don't agree with her! ?

On 8/22/2018 at 4:21 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a family member that also did not enjoy growing up in a large family so she ended up having one child and getting her tubes tied after. None of her siblings had large families either. 

I think if you choose to have a large family (being quiverful isn’t a choice in family size in my opinion) because you love having a lot of kids and stop when you feel you are at your limit (financially, emotionally, physically), then your kids may not resent being from a large family. But if you go past your limit and expect your children to pick up the slack, I imagine there will be all kinds of resentment. 

My grandfather was the youngest of 17 (b/c, you know, birth control is evil) and he basically got raised by his older siblings who were in their twenties. His mom died when he was relatively young and his father as well, so while there was reason for him to be raised by his siblings, there still wasn't that great of a quality of life, and if I remember correctly, I don't think he had any toys as a child. They were also really poor, and this was in Colombia in the 40s/50s.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived