IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn’t Braggy the one that loves to spank her kids into submission? Oh you are so much better than the parents who use their hands to flip off their kids because you use your hands to beat yours. Ok...

4B299737-63D3-44F6-BC9A-3CE80A303763.jpeg

Just now, luv2laugh said:

She’s a so sanctimonious and self-righteous. I don’t know why anyone would want to be her friend!

She can’t have that many real friends. She probably has a lot of acquaintances she thinks are friends. 

Braggie works the two oldest sons to the bone and it’s sad and wrong. In pictures, they’re either doing dishes or holding a baby. She freely admits they are her servants and second moms too. Braggie needs to stop teaching Pilates twice a week, blogging, being a pretend interior designer DIYer or fiddling around with her Paint & Prose shop work if she needs to outsource parenting to them. She is so obsessed with looking like a well-rounded Perfect, Quiverfull Proverbs 31 Mom that does it all that she is willing to sacrifice their childhood for her own gain. I am surprised her husband lets it happen and doesn’t stick up for his boys.

Gosh, anyone else hate the extensive use of calling what she's doing "training"? Sure there's one (just one) Bible verse that tells you to "train" up your child in the way they should go, but oh my word, you don't need to spend so much of your daily life devoted to one verse. The Bible isn't just about random verses that she thinks are just fine and dandy. What she's doing isn't training, it's most likely some good old fashioned child abuse with the kids really being the ones to raise their own siblings. Also. The hashtags. Does she not know how to instagram? No one expects you to tell a story in hashtags. That's basic instagram etiquette.

Her little blog detailing a 'homeschool day in the life' has the tone of 'just me and the kids!', conveniently failing to mention her mother helps out a lot.  And her husband works from home most of the time.  Sure, he's not available most of the day, but he can help out in a pinch unlike most households where dad works outside the home.  I don't have too much sympathy for her when he's away on a business trip, since that was my life for MONTHS on end when my husband was deployed.  

I hate mommy blogs like this because it's so fake and such an unrealistic standard for most women to achieve.  It's like she gets off on making her readers think she is better at mommying than they are.  

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

It's like she gets off on making her readers think she is better at mommying than they are.  

Oh, she certainly does. There is much evidence for it.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ugh... Braggy is 18 weeks pregnant. She’s the worst. 

754DB152-BD8D-4A67-BF32-5E46ECFEFF00.jpeg

I just couldn't decide on a reaction emoji.  That post is dripping in selfrighteous humble bragging.  She just can't Happily announce a pregnancy. Nope, must put on a braggy sarcastic look at me, I dare you to judge me pre-judging the reader shitty post.  Ugh.  Not impressed. Just be happy, if you are.  Why care about others at this moment in time?  How shallow.

14 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Her little blog detailing a 'homeschool day in the life' has the tone of 'just me and the kids!', conveniently failing to mention her mother helps out a lot.  And her husband works from home most of the time.  Sure, he's not available most of the day, but he can help out in a pinch unlike most households where dad works outside the home.  I don't have too much sympathy for her when he's away on a business trip, since that was my life for MONTHS on end when my husband was deployed.  

I hate mommy blogs like this because it's so fake and such an unrealistic standard for most women to achieve.  It's like she gets off on making her readers think she is better at mommying than they are.  

My husband works from home and although he’s busy all day and I don’t see him much, he is right there in an emergency. I did have an emergency last year and I’m glad he was able to help because I was unable to console my son over his injury because I was injured myself. It would have been much worse if he hadn’t been right there. That’s a huge advantage for Abbie. If a kid needs stitches, she can hop in the car without loading all of them up and head straight to the doctor. 

She obviously likes names for her daughters where she can make pretty and trendy nick names out of them. So I can make a few more guesses. 

Camille nickname Mila

Coraline nickname Cora

She acts like her life is one giant promotional post. I don't get why sh thinks being disingenuous will get her followers and people to like her. Her kids have cute names, though.

I completely realize and understand that the number of children one has (or not) is a personal decision.  But ... with Braggy I always have this underlying thought of "what is she trying to prove"  

Her posts about the children and her pregnancies -- and especially pregnancy #8 -- have this air of "see how much more godly I am that the rest of you because I'm the mama of 7, soon to be 8." 

It's like her unspoken mantra is the bigger the family the closer to God.

And I have to wonder just how thrilled her husband is to soon be supporting a family of 10.

We've had a health scare that required one parent to rush a kid to the ER while the other (who can't drive) stayed home with the other kids. Very grateful working from home was an option for our family. No, the "at work" parent can't cook or help out, but they're there for emergencies, lunch time and you can't beat the 1 minute turning off the work station commute time. Braggie would do well to count her blessings. Most parents I know would kill for that set up. 

16 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

We've had a health scare that required one parent to rush a kid to the ER while the other (who can't drive) stayed home with the other kids. Very grateful working from home was an option for our family. No, the "at work" parent can't cook or help out, but they're there for emergencies, lunch time and you can't beat the 1 minute turning off the work station commute time. Braggie would do well to count her blessings. Most parents I know would kill for that set up. 

I agree. She’s insanely privileged. Her life as mother to almost 8 is probably easier than 99% of other moms of 8.

She's already parentified her oldest so she's got a full time nanny in training with her all the time, too. If she kept her outsourced parenting duties confined to her husband, mother and other adults I wouldn't dislike her so much. She brags about how her son is a little daddy and that is just way over the line. Let him be a CHILD for crying out loud!

Does anyone know what happened to her friend Mandy of the Biblical Homemaking blog? Her blog has been removed and I can’t find any social media accounts either. 

Braggy needs to take a class in marketing and take a page out of Jessa’s book. If Braggy is serious about mommy blogging, she won’t win any fans doing what she continues to do.

Why does Jessa have so many followers and a largely positive reaction from followers? Jessa is popular because she is relatable to other moms. Jessa doesn’t do humble brags. She aims to appear honest and transparent with her audience like by posting her messy house and dirty diapers laying around. Jessa is not blogging in a “look at me” way like Braggy does.

Jessa’s strategy is to try to appear like the mom next door. 

Braggy’s strategy is to appear perfect, fit, rich, Pinterest mom who does it all but she’s being dumb because that tactic won’t win her fans. Look at what happened with Gwyneth Paltrow compared with Reese Witherspoon. Gwyneth came off as braggy and the prices of GOOP products are mocked. Reese has always been the girl next door and so people love her and dream they could afford her Draper James clothes. Gwyneth has been doing interviews for almost 8 years to try to make it seem like “Hey I’m not an ice queen, I’m just like you!”. Chelsea Handler, her BFF, has even stepped in at times saying Gwyneth is funny “and not perfect, trust me”.

I would like to know what happened too to Mandy. This is strange. 

Another thing, I can see it now. Braggy wants to become Beth Moore or Candace Cameron 2.0 with her devotionals and speaking gigs.  She will not have an easy time as she is pretty blunt, harsh, and judgy  with her opinions in a way that is similar to Lori Alexander. 955AE22D-98CD-4FC7-B69A-6104AA8D5030.thumb.jpeg.3a9885a0afdbedd80c86e1a27aa843d7.jpeg

Braggy needs to make a decision. Does she want to focus on an interior design blog or a mommy blog? The way 98% of her pictures are always of her home interior would indicate she’s attempting to make it a design blog however, her words are all about mommying. I suggest that instead of taking daily pictures showing off her decorated home, she take candid pictures of actual real life like Jessa does, even if staged. 

A tired, burnt out mom with a baby that isn’t sleeping well and has to hold down a job isn’t not going to feel good opening up Braggy’s blog full of pictures of her spacious, decorated home. There are plenty of interior design blogs to follow for inspiration but since Braggy labels herself a mommy blog, it’s just not relatable!

Also, no one has that kind of time with 7 kids to decorate everything so intricately in such a large mansion. She either hired design help and isn’t telling or, more likely, outsourced parenting to the oldest two and her mom. Braggy does not impress me as I know people like her and can see right through them immediately. 

She refers to a "shattered relationship" in that Instagram post above. Do we know anything about that? Is it a "heart pieces" type of thing?

Sorry if this was explained above- I'm just getting into this obnoxiousness.

5 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

She refers to a "shattered relationship" in that Instagram post above. Do we know anything about that? Is it a "heart pieces" type of thing?

Sorry if this was explained above- I'm just getting into this obnoxiousness.

I’m sure it was a friend that finally saw her for what she is and dropped her like a hot potato. I’m sure Braggie has lost a lot of friendships in her life and every single time she “just doesn’t understand why.” :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

13 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I think in a reeeeally old post of hers, she mentioned that she used to be engaged to someone before she met Shaun. I wonder if that has something to do with it?

I hate to snark on clothing but after browsing her blog and Instagram, it is glaringly obvious to me that Braggy buys herself expensive, Anthropologie style, lavish clothing and dresses the children in well-worn out thrifted clothing. I am out right now so I can’t link an example but if you scroll through her Instagram and compare the quality and freshness of her clothes to the rest of the family’s, it will be starkly evident. How selfish.

Also, why did she chop the twins hair? Did they want it that style or did she not want to fix their hair so she could get to her 5 AM Pilates on time?

I am getting flashbacks of JRod moments here.

The crazy thing about that rootbound anecdote is it's the perfect analogy for what she's doing to her children:  keeping them from having a decent education, teaching her daughters that all they can be is a wife-and-mother, stopping her oldest sons from having a childhood by forcing them to parent their siblings.  But instead she tries to force "if you keep a plant in the same pot for too long it stunts its growth" into "people don't like change"...

I believe she’s bragged about buying the children mostly thrift store clothing. Which I think is completely fine except for the fact that she buys herself expensive clothing. If she was into being green and bought only thrift store clothing for herself, I would say no big deal. But she’s telling her kids they get the less desirable second hand stuff while she gets the expensive new stuff. They obviously have money. They can afford to buy the children new clothing. But she chooses not to.

There is nothing wrong with used clothing but for her to buy herself expensive clothes and no one else is selfish. She’s made it clear that those kids exist to serve her ego, make her life easier, and do physical labour. They are bunch of numbers to her. I honestly see a lot of narcissistic tendencies in Braggy.

For a mommy blogger, she doesn’t post many pictures of her kids or #momlife. It’s all about her spacious, decorated home or the daily front door group picture, which is honestly bizarre. The front door group picture comes off as a weird ‘daily affirmation’ for her that she uses to feed off of for vanity reasons.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived