IGNORED

M is For Mama - where quiver full meets Pinterest

TuringMachine

"I don't say this to brag, but...oh yeah, I do."

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My MIL's house is perfectly kept up, just like in M's pictures.  Husband confirms that it was absolutely miserable living there, and the kids spent every possible second outdoors.  He says cleaning it was a nightmare, too, since everything had to be done perfectly or it was 'disobedience' and punished.  Beautiful on the outside, rotten to the core.

The only people I’ve ever known to have an aversion to libraries were complete snobs. I wonder how she “got over” her aversion to them. Maybe she realized she could sit around and instagram while the kids looked at books. 

81778797-22D0-4FBC-B9CA-33868520FF2F.jpeg

I think it's awesome that they're not hung up on Honor being a girl's name! 

I didn't read a ton of posts, but I'm not getting the vibe that they won't prepare the kids for college/work/real life. It's unlikely that they will pay for college, but, like someone else noted, I know plenty of non-Quiverful people who don't pay for college or even help much. 

The siblings in a parental role drives me crazy, but I will say that her kids look relaxed and happy in most of the photos. 

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only people I’ve ever known to have an aversion to libraries were complete snobs. I wonder how she “got over” her aversion to them. Maybe she realized she could sit around and instagram while the kids looked at books. 

81778797-22D0-4FBC-B9CA-33868520FF2F.jpeg

Ohhhkkaay, then. Cuz it's not like you could have posted a warm, thoughtful post without mentioning your son's bowel movements. Oh wait you totally could have. Bless your little pea-pickin heart. Such travail, such unheard of  tribulation! News flash your majesty:all little kids stink up their diapers. You ain't even special. 

47 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So does that mean that she is just now taking her kids to the library? Isn't her oldest like 9? That makes me more sad than anything. My 3 homeschooled kids go to the library 2-3 times a week. We exceed our book limit almost every time and they all (even the 5 year old) spend most of their free time reading to each other. 

I've never known anyone, especially someone with kids, to have an aversion to the library! 

I'll never understand why adult women think it's cute to immortalize how and when their child takes a shit.  

In fifteen years Honor will just love knowing that mommy thought his fat thighs and public pooping were what was truly special about him to share with the world.

47 minutes ago, Shiny said:

So does that mean that she is just now taking her kids to the library? Isn't her oldest like 9? That makes me more sad than anything. My 3 homeschooled kids go to the library 2-3 times a week. We exceed our book limit almost every time and they all (even the 5 year old) spend most of their free time reading to each other. 

I've never known anyone, especially someone with kids, to have an aversion to the library! 

Her oldest is 12! She has 7 kids! She homeschools! 

And she’s finally taking them to the library. How fucking sad. 

I suppose there could be a legitimate reason to have an aversion to libraries.

I would like to know what hers was. I doubt it would qualify.

All this woman is registering with me as is “cool floral microwave lady” and now probably the library thing.

11 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I suppose there could be a legitimate reason to have an aversion to libraries.

I've encountered a surprising number of people with an aversion to libraries. They think it's gross that so many people handle the books, and that they're basically bringing other people's dirt into their house. The newest fear is of getting bedbugs from library books, which, yeah, is POSSIBLE, but bedbugs are not microscopic. You can see them. Look over the books if it worries you so much. 

Oh yeah she could be dirt phobic @katilac. I bet that’s exactly it considering what we’ve seen. 

bleh. Children generate dirt. Control freaks shouldn’t have massive amounts of children.

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her oldest is 12! She has 7 kids! She homeschools! 

And she’s finally taking them to the library. How fucking sad. 

Very sad.  We went to the library on a very regular, often basis when I was a kid.  I developed my love of reading as a child because I had the opportunity, thanks to my reading mother.  I started taking my daughter when she was tiny and it was a very natural thing for her to love going.  She was an early talker and an early reader, at her testing in 4th grade she was reading at a high college level. 

I'm glad that she finally got them there, but they have missed so much that they might really have enjoyed.  And learned.

44 minutes ago, katilac said:

I've encountered a surprising number of people with an aversion to libraries. They think it's gross that so many people handle the books, and that they're basically bringing other people's dirt into their house. The newest fear is of getting bedbugs from library books, which, yeah, is POSSIBLE, but bedbugs are not microscopic. You can see them. Look over the books if it worries you so much. 

Yes. The snobs I know who are averse to libraries say they just have a library of their own at home.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

I just don't get how she can homeschool, even poorly, and not use the library. Like I'm trying to understand, and truly can't. 

Also, I read her blog as mis-inform-mama, which I guess is accurate. 

#theosnaphead???? the o snap head? theo snap head? theos nap head? huh? #freethemall!

Perhaps the library aversion is more of a people-different-to-me aversion.  Libraries seem to attract a good cross-section of society, which probably includes people she heavily disapproves of (and wants to shelter  her kids from).

On 7/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes. The snobs I know who are averse to libraries say they just have a library of their own at home.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

I own literally thousands of books, but the library always owns more, lol. 

Why look everyone! Abby is bragging again. I want to call her stAbby because that’s how she makes me feel.

48B5520D-B81D-4867-9156-631354659FE8.jpeg

That kitchen (to me) looks cold, sterile and devoid of any personality.  I just don't like it.  Now, if it were full of kids and friends around the table, that would be different.  But I like color and charm, warmth and friendliness.

12 minutes ago, Briefly said:

That kitchen (to me) looks cold, sterile and devoid of any personality.  I just don't like it.  Now, if it were full of kids and friends around the table, that would be different.  But I like color and charm, warmth and friendliness.

I think part of it is the lack of family pictures.

There are no picture in the kitchen, no pictures in the living room:

The house is nice but it's just that. A house. Not a home.

9 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I think part of it is the lack of family pictures.

There are no picture in the kitchen, no pictures in the living room:

The house is nice but it's just that. A house. Not a home.

And you knows she takes a lot of pictures. So she has plenty to display. 

13 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Sometimes she seems like a parody account with all that humble bragging

I think she has very little self awareness. She reminds me of another fundie homeschool princess named Lisa Metzger. These women are different than some of the other fundie homeschooled adult women. These women were more spoiled by their parents. Maybe because they didn’t have to sister mom. Their parents sheltered them and raised them to believe they were better than everyone. She probably doesn’t realize she comes off so braggy.

Her IG photos look like the house is perpetually up for sale, staged for eternity & waiting for a buyer. 

Very few photos make you think PEOPLE, including children, live in the house.

I had a happy thought that maybe Abbie takes a bunch of pictures of a room every time she does something new to it -- some from a different angle, with stuff re-arranged, etc.-- and then queues them up with bullshit captions to post over a period of time to give the illusion that she has it all together. That kitchen could be her kids' favorite homework spot or at least look more lived-in. It could be a complete disaster for all we know.

17 minutes ago, Stormy said:

I had a happy thought that maybe Abbie takes a bunch of pictures of a room every time she does something new to it -- some from a different angle, with stuff re-arranged, etc.-- and then queues them up with bullshit captions to post over a period of time to give the illusion that she has it all together. That kitchen could be her kids' favorite homework spot or at least look more lived-in. It could be a complete disaster for all we know.

I once cleaned up a couple of rooms in my house for realtor photos, and they looked fantastic. Not at all like 9 people lived in the house. What you couldn't see was that we had piled up all the toys and homeschooling stuff and all the crap laying around in an area behind the couches in 2 of the rooms, and I walked from room to with a laundry basket in front of the photographer throwing in all the little things we had used that day. The difference is that I posted pictures of the massive pile of this and junk piled up behind the couch because it amused me so much. The deception of photography.

So maybe that's what she does too. Only takes a photo after hiding all the mess. I hope so, because it's hard to imagine those kids have much of a life outside cleaning based on photos of the house. They appear to have no existence there at all. I remember a blog post about the house that mentions at least 2 family rooms and a school room, so hopefully those areas the kids are allowed to actually use. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived