IGNORED

Why won't Sarah leave?

TMS

Whenever the Maxwells post pictures of time spent with another family, I study the pictures to see if there's any guys that look like they might be around Sarah's age, but there never are. I have no idea how she could even meet someone who's the right age and fundie enough to suit Steve.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whenever the Maxwells post pictures of time spent with another family, I study the pictures to see if there's any guys that look like they might be around Sarah's age, but there never are. I have no idea how she could even meet someone who's the right age and fundie enough to suit Steve.

I know, me too! I was encouraged by the title of their latest post that they went hiking with a fellow brother in Christ, and then saw by the photos that their "brother" was around Steve's age. Poor Sarah.

I don't know any fundies IRL, but I wish I somehow knew a hot fundie guy around Sarah's age. I would seriously send him the link to their blog if I did. I'm dead serious, too.

I know, me too! I was encouraged by the title of their latest post that they went hiking with a fellow brother in Christ, and then saw by the photos that their "brother" was around Steve's age. Poor Sarah.

Same here! But, older guy with a wedding band. Oh well.

I truly feel that the Maxwells -- especially Steve and Teri -- are their own worst enemies. You never know, though. They could shock us in the future, but I'm definitely not going to get my hopes up.

We could all pray :pray:

One of the sessions they give is "Courtship". I'd love to attend one and ask Steve about this. What is a young lady supposed to do? She can't approach young men, or their fathers, so....does she sit around until a young man approaches her dad?

Does her father approach the fathers of eligible men? It's very vague how Steve expects this to work for females.

I'd love to ask Stevie what his back-up plan is for his unmarried daughter(s). When he & Teri kick the bucket, is she to live with a married brother? How very sad to be trained in life your entire "worth" is to be a "helpmeet" & Mother only to never marry.

I'd love to ask Stevie what his back-up plan is for his unmarried daughter(s). When he & Teri kick the bucket, is she to live with a married brother? How very sad to be trained in life your entire "worth" is to be a "helpmeet" & Mother only to never marry.

Just guessing, but I bet Steve's answer would be that something like, "we trust in the Lord." In other words, they don't have a back-up plan and don't expect any such horror to befall upon them since they are True, Real God-fearing Christians.

I have a feeling someone has posted here before that the don't do Q&A at their sessions, so I doubt the opportunity would come up. Ask them individually afterward and yeah, you would probably here "We Trust the Lord" or "All by God's grace"

anyone who has been to a conference, do they do Q&A?

They do not do Q&A at their conferences and in the courtship session, Steve tells his audience not to make marriage an idol. That is literally what he says. And he admits that when you live a truly godly life, you do limit the number of eligible potential spouses of either gender. If you question them and are not "blessed" by their answer, you are put in the category of "unteachable", "not having an open heart", "bitter", "prideful", or "argumentative" - take your pick - and the conversation stops, with a sad smile from whichever Maxwell is talking.

edited for typos

Would they be opposed to a big age difference either way as far as a guy for Sarah? Say there was an interested fundie guy but he was only about 24, 25. Would that rule him out? Or what about someone older? Though it'd be hard to find a guy in his 30s or 40s who wasn't already attached. Younger might be the way to go as far as getting her married off.

Hmmm...maybe one of her older brothers could help her find someone? A business contact, maybe? Or maybe a student from the 1 Ton Ramp classes?

I can't believe how much I'm hoping for someone I've never met to find a husband, lol. But I think she wants to be married SO badly and I feel awful for her being stuck at home under her parents' thumb when she's closing in on 30.

Well, that's what the Browns had to do with Blaire Brown Tsantles. She was a spinster at the ripe age of 24 (correct me if I'm wrong) and she was (gasp!) chubby to boot, so they had to hook her up with a 17yo zit-faced teenager or she was going out to pasture! I hope Stevie understands that he's made some mistakes in keeping poor Sarah at home for so long. It doesn't really matter if Sarah likes the guy they finally find. I mean, think about it, does Teri really like Steve, does NR-Anna really like Christopher? Where's that baby, NR-Anna? FTR, I DO think Melanie genuinely likes Nathan. It's time to get that uterus going for God, Sarah/Stevie -- it's time to get desperate!

Honestly, any guy Sarah hooks up with who is her age or older has got to have some weird stuff in his past. Good luck with that one.

They do not do Q&A at their conferences and in the courtship session, Steve tells his audience not to make marriage an idol. That is literally what he says. And he admits that when you live a truly godly life, you do limit the number of eligible potential spouses of either gender. If you question them and are not "blessed" by their answer, you are put in the category of "unteachable", "not having an open heart", "bitter", "prideful", or "argumentative" - take your pick - and the conversation stops, with a sad smile from whichever Maxwell is talking.

edited for typos

Have you been to their conferences Rainbowcolor (sounds like it) - did you question them? I just find it so ironic....there views on all of us and those who (gasp) date, yet they are the pnes who are so closed to other ideas....gees

Have you been to their conferences Rainbowcolor (sounds like it) - did you question them? I just find it so ironic....there views on all of us and those who (gasp) date, yet they are the pnes who are so closed to other ideas....gees

Yes, I've been to their conferences and yes, I've questioned them.

~grabs cookie, plops down, waits to hear more about questioning the almighty wisdom of the Maxwells~

I think Sarah is stuck. She won't leave as this life is all she knows and believes. Leaving would be sinful and the outside world is evil. As for marriage, on one hand we have the Botkins' seminar which tells us that if you are a godly, chaste, obedient, keeper-at-home with a servant's heart men will be beating a path to your door. On the other, if you are not married off at a young age in spite of having all of these excellent qualities, then it is because the Lord has a better plan for you; the gift of being single. Sarah can do NOTHING to help her chances of finding a man-she must wait and pray that some guy shows up and will be acceptable to Steve. That's it. What a life for her.

So basically Maxwell has constructed a belief system that lets him batten on his own children for as long as he likes.

Creep.

I still think that older Staddon boy is a potential mate for Sarah. They are as boring and bland as the Maxwells and extreme over the top fundy to boot.

Yes, please, tell us more!!! :D

So sorry to disappoint, but I'll stick to "yes" and "no" answers to specific questions with an occasional "hmmm..." for answers that might be too risky.

And do you think Teri and Steve had sex before they were married? And do you think either of them smoked pot ever? They look so ex-hippie to me. It would be a riot to learn that either of them has a tattoo.

Guest Anonymous

So sorry to disappoint, but I'll stick to "yes" and "no" answers to specific questions with an occasional "hmmm..." for answers that might be too risky.

Do you know them personally? Are you afraid of being found out talking about them on here?

And do you think Teri and Steve had sex before they were married? And do you think either of them smoked pot ever? They look so ex-hippie to me. It would be a riot to learn that either of them has a tattoo.

Yes

Yes - Who didn't in those days?

Archived