Why won't Sarah leave?

TMS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Hmmm....

Hmmm...

Hahaha... so you're a new poster, almost entirely commenting on Maxwell threads, not terribly complementary about them to say the least, and you're scared to reveal yourself....

Well, you're busted: you're John Maxwell!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha... so you're a new poster, almost entirely commenting on Maxwell threads, not terribly complementary about them to say the least, and you're scared to reveal yourself....

:lol: That's cute.

But listen, just in case anniec is correct; John, I've got a huge cougar crush on you! Keep on doing those push-ups, they're workin' for ya!! And don't worry that you don't know North Carolina is in the South. You're pretty, you don't have to be smart!

;)

Hahaha! Well sorry to disappoint all the ladies but if this is John, with a name like "rainbowcolor" he might be the gay one. So Rainbow do you think John is gay? Let's see if we can get a "hmmm..." :lol:

Steve was in 'Nam. Of course he smoked pot and I would not be surprised if he had a tattoo.

I was thinking Uriah Maxwell. . .

As to finding a mate for Sarah, please don't let it be Brother S. That'd be just too creepy.

I just read this thread and the saddest thing for me is: in my world (non fundie, women are people who make their own decisions kind of world) 30 is not old. Not at all. How sad to be in her position.

John is so not gay (that would be a huge waste). Joseph is gay, and Jesse (sp?) still doesn't know yet. Christopher wishes he were gay, but now he's got to give his love to NR-Anna (or it it PR-Anna?) and she's not managed to push out a baby yet, so what's going on there? I feel sorry for NR-Anna -- she's lost her goats and now she's been married almost an entire year (10/25, I think) and there is no baby. Sheesh, Stevie, what have you taught that boy about life?

I do hold one very small sliver of hope for Sarah, and it's a point that I don't think has been brought up yet.

Nathan as the first born got married to Melanie in 2002 at the age of 26.

Christopher, as second oldest then had a courtship with Sara Whatsherface before that broke up.

Seven or so years later, Christopher courted and married NR-Anna.

Perhaps the family (Stevie) want them to get married in birth order?

Because Christopher caused that big kerfuffle with his first courtship, either his reputation in the fundie world was damaged, or Stevie 'punished' him by making him wait so long until he gave the go-ahead for another? We all know how controlling Steve is, maybe he wanted to make the same mistake wasn't repeated.

This then impacts Sarah who, as the third born, had to wait until her older brothers got married before they would begin looking for her. It's only been a year since Christopher got married, they might be on the lookout now.

I do hold one very small sliver of hope for Sarah, and it's a point that I don't think has been brought up yet.

Nathan as the first born got married to Melanie in 2002 at the age of 26.

Christopher, as second oldest then had a courtship with Sara Whatsherface before that broke up.

Seven or so years later, Christopher courted and married NR-Anna.

Perhaps the family (Stevie) want them to get married in birth order?

Because Christopher caused that big kerfuffle with his first courtship, either his reputation in the fundie world was damaged, or Stevie 'punished' him by making him wait so long until he gave the go-ahead for another? We all know how controlling Steve is, maybe he wanted to make the same mistake wasn't repeated.

This then impacts Sarah who, as the third born, had to wait until her older brothers got married before they would begin looking for her. It's only been a year since Christopher got married, they might be on the lookout now.

I'm not sure that that's the case, though it is definitely a possibility. According to the FJ poster who knows them, Sarah has had courtship opportunities before, so I think that her problem is a lack sufficiently fundie guys in her age range. The Maxwells are pretty extreme, so even ATI/VF types could possibly be seen as too liberal, especially since she would be expected to submit to his way of life. Plus, what are the odds of meeting a fundie guy in her area? If there were eligible guys around KS, they probably would have come a-courtin' already. An eligible guy would probably live hours away from her family, and she would have to move to be with him. She's been raised to rely exclusively on her family, so I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be kind of tough for her to move away from everything she's ever known, especially for a guy who has some sort of flaw (read: difference from her dad). I think their views have made things almost -- but not totally! -- impossible for her to find a suitable guy.

I'm not sure that that's the case, though it is definitely a possibility. According to the FJ poster who knows them, Sarah has had courtship opportunities before, so I think that her problem is a lack sufficiently fundie guys in her age range. The Maxwells are pretty extreme, so even ATI/VF types could possibly be seen as too liberal, especially since she would be expected to submit to his way of life. Plus, what are the odds of meeting a fundie guy in her area? If there were eligible guys around KS, they probably would have come a-courtin' already. An eligible guy would probably live hours away from her family, and she would have to move to be with him. She's been raised to rely exclusively on her family, so I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be kind of tough for her to move away from everything she's ever known, especially for a guy who has some sort of flaw (read: difference from her dad). I think their views have made things almost -- but not totally! -- impossible for her to find a suitable guy.

Agreed. Another possibility? Some almost suitable fundie moves to KS to work in one of the Maxwell businesses, is properly educated in correct living and there ya go... Kinda like OT Jacob working 7 years for Rachel except you only get one daughter and you stay put. Could work.

Is it just me or does Sarah look incredibly young? Not because of her dress or hairstyle, makeup etc but her skin and body, etc. She looks quite adolescent.

Sarah COULD do the thing that happened in the book that shares her name--"Sarah, Plain and Tall." As a spinster, she could go marry an old widow and take care of his kids and then have her own, too, hahahaha. Is that allowed in fundie-land?

(Did anyone else watch that movie in school when you read the book? It actually had an awesome cast--Christopher Walken and Glenn Close!)

(Did anyone else watch that movie in school when you read the book? It actually had an awesome cast--Christopher Walken and Glenn Close!)

Not in school - I'm older than that - but all of those movies were favorites of mine. I hope that Sarah is so fortunate.

I got a catalog from them and checked their children's section for the Moody Series by Sarah Maxwell. Nope, not at all.

I went online and did a search for Sarah and Teri and nothing comes up for either of them. This is a fairly conservative book seller and I thought that they might actually have the books.

They would sell more books and increase Sarah's dowry if they branched out a little.

I think the Maxwells would be ok with the Moody books not being on ChristianBook.com. They probably wouldn't want their books being listed along with books they would disapprove of.

I just did a search on worldcat.org and there are actually some libraries that own copies of the Moody books!

Here are links; I hope these work.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/summer-da ... ef_results

http://www.worldcat.org/title/autumn-wi ... ef_results

http://www.worldcat.org/title/summer-wi ... ef_results

http://www.worldcat.org/title/winter-wi ... ef_results

I wonder how the Maxwells feel about their books being available in public libraries? Part of me thinks they don't care as long as they made money from the library purchasing the books. But I'm sure they are opposed to libraries in general, seeing as how they're filled with worldly books, music, movies and people.

Archived