IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

The big boy is why my house will never be clean. He slobbers like no ones business and he is loosing baby teeth and chews everything in site. His latest crazy is toilet paper. The smaller dog he thinks of as a chew toy. He’s not even 6 moths old and he’s already 80lbs. 

Dinner tonight is store bought lasagna, working 72 hours this week so no cooking for me. 

Spoiler

F847E6AA-FA02-4D97-B9F5-F9B2AD61B83F.thumb.jpeg.6825f554fcf3a325f85ef85de722c640.jpeg

Spoiler

E63DAC9C-4C2A-4AD4-AB48-41504601102D.thumb.jpeg.510eccc2d02870be179b74c37c955947.jpeg

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Add me to the list of colorful past families.  My maternal grandfather was unofficially adopted into the family who's name we carry.  We don't actually know his parentage.  He and a woman, who I assume was his mother, show up in the 1910's as boarders/laborers in the house.   Apparently they treated the lady like a servant but had given the boy (my moms father) their last name sometime between his teens & twenties.  He married my grandmother in the mid-20's & she swore he was much older than what was on his baptism record.  Mom called the adopters her grandparents, she was always taught to call the other lady simply by her name.  My dad's side is a jumble of massive sharecropping families, drunks, abusers, & hardworking women.  Those who wanted out of the chaos joined the military or were forced in a'la: "you go to war or you go to jail".  The women sucked it up & either left the men or simply made their own lives.  Two of my great-aunts (born in the 20's) were college educated & proud of it.  

I wanna mush all those fluffy doggies.....

My mom's family is  like that to a point with the name - we have traced the family back to the Trail of Tears (my mom's family is Cherokee) and we know the name of our ancestor who left the Trail of Tears. He was unofficially adopted into a family and they gave him their name, but there was nothing official.  We are fairly certain that his name was Zachariah and that he was mixed race as one of his parents was a slave held by the tribe and freed and the other parent was Cherokee, or possibly his grandparents were the slave/Cherokee couple.  But we can't go any further back.

We do know that we have an ancestor who was a bad guy in the old west. We think he was my mom's uncle or great uncle, but there are a lot of questions about him and when/how he actually died.

I love the dog pictures!  Here's our girl, Briefly dog is actually named Maggie Moo.  She's 14, probably closer to 15 and we adore her.  This picture is probably from a couple of years ago.  She's spoiled rotten.

MVC-005F.JPG

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

A woman on my fb page just shared this. Please shove it in Lori's face next time she talks about public breastfeeding being immodest. Her idealized time period--the victorian era--did it freely. 

I think they are really beautiful. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5076907/Vintage-pictures-Victorian-women-breastfeeding-babies.html

Thank you for sharing these awesome photos!  I really enjoyed them and reflecting on my own time nursing my babies.  It's a beautiful thing.  :my_heart:

Dinner was a free for all. I was willing to throw something in a pot but one wanted cereal the other wanted his left over Chinese food. I settled for grilled cheese. *note: I use cooking spray, not butter.... and I did not use the oil as lotion! 

Ok. I'll see ya'lls large, fluffy beasties & raise you....a Tibetan prayer dog! Fresh from the groomer today. It's been a year this week since we pilfered her from my m.i.l.  She hasn't looked back :my_shy:

20180612_201053.jpg

Tonight’s dinner: sautéed chicken livers with onions and mushrooms in Marsala. I’ve also been chowing mass quantities of spinach with chickpeas cooked in olive oil with red pepper and garlic. I’m going to the office blood drive tomorrow and I’ll be damned if my hemoglobin level comes out too low again.

I'm the only one home tonight, so it's the food I love that no one else here will eat: garden chard with homemade hummus and a spicy fruit pickle my friend from Iran showed me how to make. I grazed the garden sugar snap peas as an appetizer. I'm sure all this goodness cancels out the king size Heath bar I had earlier.

Here's my sweet old galoot of a dog a couple years ago. He's even more ancient now. His pal is older, too.

Tony and Parker Easter 2016.JPG

No dogs here, but I do have 7 cats.  I did have dogs when I was growing up until the last one died and my parents had started taking on...cats.  Actually, I don't own the cats...they own me, lol.

Dinner tonight was a big bowl of cherries and a couple of squares of dark chocolate.  I had very little appetite.  I am thinking maybe I should go eat something else before bed so I don't wake up in the middle of the night with my stomach growling.

Oh, and to bring this reply back to the topic of Lori, Lori is a bitter, heartless bitch who probably thinks compassion is something you use to tell what direction you are facing.

Sorry thread drift back to Lori for a minute. So what Lori is saying is that we don't need women Bible teachers just women who teach the Bible.... Which would make them Bible Teachers? But her version of Bible teaching is spirituality anemic and completely lacking in depth. She'd rather see people be practicing "biblical" gender roles and spiritual shallow than have active faith lives but egalitarian. That's why she complains when not every sermon is about gender roles. 

Also to Tara... Idk about you but God gives us gifts so we can use them rather than squander our abilities  and given the number of women in the Bible that taught men, clearly they are scripturally allowed. You just have to read outside of two passages and a handful of verses. In other words you need more sermons and lessons beyond how to be a manipulative, passive agressibe wife whose husband has no accountability. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8fa19736e5c793de16f41ee6c79be119.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5ea245ad7842d6f5cda25d0c02e09292.png

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I'm the only one home tonight, so it's the food I love that no one else here will eat: garden chard with homemade hummus and a spicy fruit pickle my friend from Iran showed me how to make. I grazed the garden sugar snap peas as an appetizer. I'm sure all this goodness cancels out the king size Heath bar I had earlier.

Here's my sweet old galoot of a dog a couple years ago. He's even more ancient now. His pal is older, too.

Tony and Parker Easter 2016.JPG

I love everything about this post!

I've been having the same "discussion" with a man on another board. What I find humorous about the whole exchange there is he still hasn't answered what I should have done with a sick mother and husband, and kids to support...they're all fucking idiots. Thank you my marriage works just fine (says the woman whose husband is doing dishes right now). 

Dinner: I bought a chuck roast on sale...took part of it, sliced it up, marinated it in rice wine vinegar, lime juice, Sazon, and Adobo. Cooked it with some sliced onion and the juice from the marinade. Rice with mixed veggies (all together like in the same pot). Took about 25 minutes (not counting marinating time). Funny how that works...

There is my headship, relaxing after reading for a while. She’s over 13 and sleeps most of the time. But I’m here to serve her. 

We had slow cooked ribs for dinner. The headship got a little bone, not to upset her princess digestive system. 

My human partner usually cooks because he is better at it than me.

I’m 60 and still dealing with the evil teachings of my childhood thanks to people like Lori. FJ has really helped me unpack a lot of that. I love the snark and the thread drifts. Rarely comment because someone has usually said it better, as I’m always late. 

AAEA3620-CF6B-499E-A242-559672A963CF.jpeg

@Imrlgoddess My doggie boy is half tibetan prayer dog (it's called Pekinese here) and the other half is Bolonka Zwetna, a russian breed. But he has the chin typical for tibetan's, it gives him a little stubborn look

@feministxtian If my grandmother had followed Lori's advice and tried to live of other people's charity with her 8 children, they would all starved to death pretty quick. But people like Lori and her leghumpers are so pampered and/ or so jailed in this ideology, they can't even imagine that the homemaker model isn't and weren't doable for a great many people. And than there are women like me, happy to be childless and single in my mid 30's, happy to start my new job next month after 7 months at home. If I were a homemaker alone I would go stir crazy

@klein_roeschen my grandmother divorced my grandfather and managed to support herself and her 2 kids quite well. She was a seamstress...worked her way up to be the supervisor of the room where they made the sales samples (only the very best worked there). She also cohabitated with my step-grandfather for YEARS before they finally got married 

I've been out of work since March. I am beyond bored out of my skull. I am so not domestic it's not even funny. IF I were to clean our apartment, it'd take me just a few hours...I mean, how much cleaning can you do? I'll hopefully be back working full time in a couple of weeks, just enough time for me to purge and organize for when we move in August. The funny thing is that even when I'm working I manage to put a real dinner on the table almost every night. We'll probably go back to going out on Friday or Saturday nights again and blowing a few bucks on dinner and something fun. 

I don't work because I am disabled and can't count on my energy and pain levels - I've tried working and volunteering and taking classes and it is too unreliable.  I HATE IT.  I would give anything to work, any kind of job.  I am often bored out of my mind (I usually feel too poorly to do anything very fun or interesting, if I did I would be working) and often feel useless and hate myself for it.  When I lived in the US I bought and sold used books but here there is not much...I have looked into tutoring people in English, but again, I am too unreliable and did I mention I HATE IT.  I also hate people who coo about how lucky I am to have so much free time and to be able to do what I want.  Feeling too sick to move or think or even concentrate on a book is not what anyone wants to be doing.  

Yesterday I roasted a chicken, stripped the meat, made stock, and we had boiled potatoes cut up and crisped in a pan, chicken in gravy, and green beans for dinner.  I intended to make homemade applesauce too but ran out of energy.  Tonight my husband requested "cheeseburger pizza roll" which is a store bought crust that tastes like a hot pocket filled with spicy ground beef and cheese.  So that will be easy but I have to go to the store for the ingredients.  I usually make pizza crust from scratch but this needs a different texture and taste to achieve true hot pocketness :my_biggrin:

Later in the week I'll be making a soup and a risotto out of the stock. 

Ah, Lori, we don’t need to be taught to love our children. It just happens naturally when we first hold the little buggers or feel them kick.  Maybe not for you though. By love your children, I think you mean “beat your children, starting when they are nurslings.” This is not love. It is abuse. Please get that through your thick head!

I also hate read her. She never changes so it is very annoying.

Her blog today is disgusting. Trey explains why we shouldn't have healthcare or a safety net. 

Apparently, Trey's taxes are not withheld from his paycheck like the rest of us. The IRS shows up to his house with a gun and forcibly takes his money. I find that very odd. You'd think they wouldn't have time for that and that if his employer wasn't withholding or he wasn't paying, they would go through other more typical legal channels. But whatever. 

Trey, what the hell is wrong with you? You are dumb. You are SO dumb. 

“First of all NOTHING THAT COMES FROM THE GOVERNMENT IS FREE! It all comes out of the taxpayers’ pockets from the sweat of their hard work. Every dollar that is taken from me (at the barrel of a gun, but I might add) and given to people who make poor decisions, is a dollar that I do not have to support and provide for MY family.

I think we all get how taxes work, dipface. And it's funny how you're just A-Okay with "free" firefighters, "free" roads, "free" police officers and so on ... I'm guessing that's because YOU benefit from them. But you're NOT okay with "free" healthcare because someone else might benefit more. 

Also, could you tell me who's holding a barrel of a gun to your head? I pay taxes, too, but no one has ever taken the money from me at gunpoint. I suppose if I didn't pay taxes, there'd be hell to pay, but no one has gotten the death penalty -- to my knowledge -- for tax evasion.

“Should not my hard work go to support my family and the things that benefit my family and then allow me to freely give from my excess to help whom I choose to help? It should but it doesn’t because as far as taxes that support subsidies go, there is too much of that here already and all it does is cause the people who live off of it to pop out more babies into the system so they can get more money for themselves and their children but still suffer in poverty!

My hard work pays for my family, but it also pays for us to live in a safe, healthy society. I'm living here, and I'm benefitting from living communally rather than isolated in the woods somewhere with no safe water, safe plumbing, etc. If you want to enjoy the benefits of society, someone has to pay. It sounds like you mostly want other people to pay your way while you hoard your pennies. 

This kind of system actually puts MORE children into poverty situations. History has proven that fact over and over again. It is common sense that you don’t get rid of bad behavior by rewarding it! If you feed something, it will grow. You must starve it to minimize it or get rid of it completely.

Can we starve you? Asking for a friend ...

But seriously, I'd like to see proof that "free" healthcare puts more children in poverty. Let's see your statistics. Because I grew up with "free" healthcare via the DoD, and I don't remember seeing any military moms just randomly popping out more babies because they could and sucking the system dry. What I DID see was people getting cared for. 

“Responsible, hard working people should not be punished by government stealing their money and giving it to freeloaders. This system just creates more freeloaders. As far as society goes, once there are more people eating at the public trough than there are to put food into it, it becomes an unsustainable situation and everything collapses. We (and all of western civilization) are on the verge of collapse right now.

Who's the freeloader in this scenario? The people working together to keep society healthy and strong -- or the asshole who just wants to bitch about "mine, mine, mine!"? And hey, I get it -- taxes are NOT fun. I live in an area with some of the highest real estate taxes in the country. About a third of my mortgage payment goes to real estate taxes. It SUCKS. But I realize that that money goes to pay for education and other critical services. 

“I understand your feelings on this matter. It is part of how God made you (as a woman) to be sensitive to these issues but it is the soft spot for things like this that make women incapable of being effective leaders. I don’t want to see children suffer any more than anyone else but I can see the big picture and have the understanding that there will always be suffering in the world and the best we can do is try to minimize it.

Yeah, it's not our sex that makes us "sensitive." It's the fact that some of us believe there's no such thing as "acceptable" levels of suffering. We want to eliminate it entirely whenever we can. Realistically, I know that there will always be suffering -- but that doesn't mean I can't fight like hell to end it. You, on the other hand, sound just peachy with suffering as long as it isn't YOU. 

“The most effective way to do that is to outlaw sin (abortion) and not reward irresponsible behavior. It is my observation that most women can’t see the big picture and make the hard decisions. It is a fact that since women can vote and have a say in how things are managed, it is playing a big part in the decline and ultimate coming failure of our civilization.

You're a dumbass. Statistics to support your belief, please-n-thanks.

Europe has almost fallen due in much part to the women leading over there and the USA is not far behind. I understand your soft heart in these matters but I hope you can open you eyes to see that more ‘free healthcare, subsidies for childcare, etc.’ are not the answer. They just make the problem worse.”

Cite your sources. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Her blog today is disgusting. Trey explains why we shouldn't have healthcare or a safety net. 

Apparently, Trey's taxes are not withheld from his paycheck like the rest of us. The IRS shows up to his house with a gun and forcibly takes his money. I find that very odd. You'd think they wouldn't have time for that and that if his employer wasn't withholding or he wasn't paying, they would go through other more typical legal channels. But whatever. 

They are only against a social safety net as long they don't need it and it's for the "others". The moment they need it, they take it and than tell you how much more they deserved it than the "others".

But if they want to live tax free, move to Somalia or Venezuela and enjoy the sociaty there. But I think the tariffs of the local warlord or gang are more than taxes and a rising is non negotiable

I used some sugar peas out of the garden along with half a green pepper, mushrooms, and Morningstar Farms Chikn Strips in a wokluck. 

My Shih tzu looks a lot like @Imrlgoddess‘s Tibetan Prayer Dod..  Those smushed faced dogs are all so similar.

13 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Why is Lori even posting about this?  Isn't she 'called' specifically to order teach women to be good handmaids submit?  Aren't the big, strong menfolk supposed to handle this stuff, so women don't have to bother their empty heads with it? 

1 minute ago, klein_roeschen said:

They are only against a social safety net as long they don't need it and it's for the "others". The moment they need it, they take it and than tell you how much more they deserved it than the "others".

But if they want to live tax free, move to Somalia or Venezuela and enjoy the sociaty there. But I think the tariffs of the local warlord or gang are more than taxes and a rising is non negotiable

Then they really would take it from him at the barrel of a gun. I suppose he'd be happy with that--seems like the kind of douchenozzle that wants to be "persecuted". 

Why in the hell does Lori encourage that asshat? 

Don't answer that, anyone. I know. I'm just venting at how beyond awful that post is. Ignorance wrapped in nastiness wrapped in callow disregard for most of humanity...it should be a new low for her but unfortunately, it really isn't. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

Why in the hell does Lori encourage that asshat? 

Per her own words -- she's spending too much time on her "ministry," not enough on her husband, and falling prey to the temptations of the flesh. 

I apologized to my 27 yo daughter yesterday about all these assholes who would like nothing better than to destroy the social safety net.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Also, could you tell me who's holding a barrel of a gun to your head? I pay taxes, too, but no one has ever taken the money from me at gunpoint. I suppose if I didn't pay taxes, there'd be hell to pay, but no one has gotten the death penalty -- to my knowledge -- for tax evasion.

I was a small-scale tax resister during the Vietnam war. (I was also a teen-age college student so the amounts were purely symbolic.) We withheld the percentage we figured went to fund the fighting. After a couple of years and several moves, some guys in suits and briefcases showed up at my door. My housemates covered for me and they went away. Next step was the government attached my bank account. They amount I owed was tiny but the fees for the attachment drained the account, which was also tiny. We figured it was a moral victory since they had to spend way more to come after me than they got back. That was the only consequence for me.

But what I really am wondering is if Lori read the part where Trey bitches about people popping out babies they can't afford. Is she going to ask him why he doesn't trust the Lord's providence?

My fiance had lived in India, the UK and the US. He works for a large company and his healthcare coverage is great. When he came to the US, he thought that was normal at first, his healthcare coverage. Then he came to realize how much the average person was paying for much less care and how many people actually had no insurance at all. It has really shocked him, our entire system of healthcare access. He said, "One of the wealthiest countries in the world with amazing research and cutting edge treatments and cures and yet what good is it when most of your own citizens can't access it?" 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived