IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

@squiddysquid OMG, this is hilarious :D And Nicole Naugler wouldn't even touch my boy, even if she where the last dog groomer on earth. Thankfully 10.000 miles away.

And this was my girl, I had to put her down last year, she had a brain tumor :( 20161031_140253.thumb.jpg.d2cba16791725571837af35800328981.jpg

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight we are having spinach, tomato, bacon and goat cheese omelets, with fresh berries and cream for desert.

25 minutes ago, saintmom said:

While dogs do limit your ability to travel, we frequently hire live-in dog sitters when we're away for hockey tournaments, no kennels for our guys (not that there's anything wrong with kennels, our guys just don't do well away from home).  I also find giant breeds=giant slugs, at least ours are.  One good walk at any point and they're toast for a few days.

A friend has a classic shep dog breed. They found a nice kennel to looked after him while they were on a holiday. Of course they checked the place out first. Lovely place, huge garden, dogs happily running around everywhere, perfect. When they came back all the dogs were squeezed into one corner by the fence. "What is going on here?" - "YOUR DOG keeps herding the others." :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, saintmom said:

Which leads me to ask, what does the Great Teacher her worship think of nuns?  Unmarried, no kids, and they work......hmmmmmmmmm

Nuns are automatically bad because they’re Catholic, hence the wrong kind of Christian.

1 hour ago, saintmom said:

While dogs do limit your ability to travel, we frequently hire live-in dog sitters when we're away for hockey tournaments, no kennels for our guys (not that there's anything wrong with kennels, our guys just don't do well away from home).  I also find giant breeds=giant slugs, at least ours are.  One good walk at any point and they're toast for a few days.

Totally agree.  We are able to manage travel as well.  We spend about 8 days at the beach each summer.  The year we got KoalaPuppy, I found a house on a private beach.  The street side has a small fenced in yard, so we take him in there to use the bathroom and toss the ball.  Other than that, he's not interested in being outdoors during the warmer months. 

We've driven with him since he was tiny, so he doesn't mind the car at all.  

7 minutes ago, Hane said:

Nuns are automatically bad because they’re Catholic, hence the wrong kind of Christian.

Satan's helpmeets!

A woman on my fb page just shared this. Please shove it in Lori's face next time she talks about public breastfeeding being immodest. Her idealized time period--the victorian era--did it freely. 

I think they are really beautiful. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5076907/Vintage-pictures-Victorian-women-breastfeeding-babies.html

20 minutes ago, Hane said:

Ohhhh see I did not know that.

Mr Nova and I will probably scrounge in the fridge tonight. I forgot to defrost a precooked dinner. It's a hot week here and yesterday, for some inexplicable reason, Mr N got the bright idea to buy a metric fuckton of strawberries and boysenberries on his way home from work. I had to prep the fruit last night because they need to macerate overnight for jam making today. In the heat. Three batches worth. Somebody shoot me. 

I love seeing everyone's fuzzy friends! So many cute little scruffies and big handsome dogs. @klein_roeschen I'm sorry for your loss. She was adorable.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Dinner tonight is spaghetti. Sauce made from scratch. I hate sauce from jars. 

I make my own homemade sauce too. Mr. SongRed is Italian and grew up on it (they called it "gravy").... I make big batches and freeze it.  In the summer I use the overabundance of tomatoes from my garden and use those.   

I also work full time. And I wear leggings. Wonder what Lori thinks of that?  Full time working mom, cooks from scratch every day, have my own vegetable garden. Ha! 

Oh...and here is one of my fuzzy friends --not sure why photo is sideways!  LOL

2050226628_Amosinthebox.jpg.32423946309b0a199fdba52038cb6f61.jpg

39 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

A friend has a classic shep dog breed. They found a nice kennel to looked after him while they were on a holiday. Of course they checked the place out first. Lovely place, huge garden, dogs happily running around everywhere, perfect. When they came back all the dogs were squeezed into one corner by the fence. "What is going on here?" - "YOUR DOG keeps herding the others." :pb_lol:

So funny! We had a classic shepherd, AKC, the works. The fastest way to drive her utterly bonkers was to have 2 kids playing in the front yard, 2 kids in the backyard and the baby taking a nap (yep, that's 5...when the X and I were married, he had custody of his 2 girls). She'd pace, endlessly, being the guard dog she was. I'd eventually have to get all the kids in the same place because she'd just lose her mind. 

@Koala Koalapuppy is just flat beautiful. A friend of my parents had a pup that looked much like Koalapuppy. His name was Wolf. Wonder why???

My daughter is flat nuts. She has 4 dogs. A Husky/Malamute, 2 Huskies and a Husky/Aussie Shepherd mix. There's a few cats mixed in there too...

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Koalapuppy is just flat beautiful. A friend of my parents had a pup that looked much like Koalapuppy. His name was Wolf. Wonder why???

Thank you!  I adore him.

@SongRed7 I used to use fresh tomatoes from parents' garden in the summer until they stopped planting when my dad got sick. This year I finally have my own garden (yay for home ownership and an actual yard!), so I'm hoping the tomatoes do well and we'll have it made fresh again later this summer. But no blooms yet, I just planted them at the very end of May. 

My mom used to raise tons of tomatoes and can them and use that for everything. She canned and froze tons of her own produce every year. 

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Dinner tonight is spaghetti. Sauce made from scratch. I hate sauce from jars. 

Me too! I expressed this thought once and was promptly shunned for it, because "some people can't afford the time to make their own" ... but it's NOT GOOD. Although, I suppose my grandmother's sauce was technically jar sauce, but her's was WAY better than the premade sauce that is so expensive and found in an aisle at Safeway. 

I just ordered myself a new "dog" off of Amazon, which will sit on my desk and be the closest thing I get to a real dog for a while. His name is Mr. Peanutbutter. 

Lori is a judgemental shrew and I don't why I come to this thread, other than I want to feel irritated at a stranger on the internet. 

3 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Me too! I expressed this thought once and was promptly shunned for it, because "some people can't afford the time to make their own" ... but it's NOT GOOD. Although, I suppose my grandmother's sauce was technically jar sauce, but her's was WAY better than the premade sauce that is so expensive and found in an aisle at Safeway. 

I just ordered myself a new "dog" off of Amazon, which will sit on my desk and be the closest thing I get to a real dog for a while. His name is Mr. Peanutbutter. 

Lori is a judgemental shrew and I don't why I come to this thread, other than I want to feel irritated at a stranger on the internet. 

I hate read Lori. Then come here to make sure other people find her as horrible as I do. She's an amusing train wreck just like my friend from junior high. They are just totally different types of wrecks. 

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

That post is so much nonsense. 

Here is a brief pre-Baby Boomers peek at some of my paternal family history: 

*One great grandfather was born about 16 months after his mother's husband died. Somehow, she got away with listing the dead husband as the father but we suspect that she didn't know who the father was. See the next item. 

*That same great great grandmother converted her home to a "boarding house" after her husband's death. Except in local history and gossip, it was clear that while several women boarded with her, male "boarders" never stayed for more than an hour or so. "Boarding house" appears to have been an euphemism. 

*Same great grandfather eventually abandoned his first wife (my great grandmother) and disappeared. He was eventually found, by accident, by one of his then adult children, living elsewhere under an assumed name with a new wife and family. There was no divorce, so he was also a bigamist.

*That great grandmother, who was likely mentally ill, abandoned her three children to a distant cousin and her husband who ended up mostly raising them. 

*Another great grandfather on that side bought an upstairs/downstairs duplex in his retirement years. He and my great grandmother lived upstairs and his mistress lived downstairs. He died unexpectedly on a vacation with the mistress. I remember this pretty well. 

*A great aunt on that side, born in the 1920s, was divorced twice. Her third husband had a baby with a mistress that they ended up raising together. She abandoned her two children from the first marriage and they were shuffled between extended family members for the majority of their childhood. 

So, yes, prior to the Baby Boomers, everyone was holy and sinless and committed to marriage and family. Of course. 

5 hours ago, polecat said:

Grandfather A was a member of the Lost Generation. Grandmother A is a member of the Greatest Generation. Grandfather and Grandmother B were members of the Silent Generation. My parents were Boomers, and I'm an Xer.

I can promise little Ms. Boomer Lori that there were plenty of shenanigans going on prior to the Boomers. I'm no fan of the Boomers, but most of the stuff she's complaining about was going on many, many decades ago. The big difference is that many of the things weren't talked about openly, becoming dark family secrets that could haunt or hurt people for years. Now, things are out in the open.

So that "old maid" gym teacher aunt with the "friend" or "companion" who lived with her that no one could talk about in 1915? She's living in the open, happily married to the love of her life, without worrying that someone is going to out her or worse. Or your dad's "uncle," who looked so much like him that they could be twins, who was only two years older than him, back in 1925? Today, they'd be raised as the brothers they are, enjoying the close family bond that is their birthright, with their mother able to celebrate and be proud of them both, whether or not she was married when either was born. 

Why Lori wants to go back to a time when people didn't even know who their family members were or who had to hide their love as something shameful or wrong is beyond me. These practices were plainly harmful. 

My parents were married in late April of 1949.  My oldest sister was born in late October of the same year.   No one ever said anything about it, but  I remember being pretty shocked when I was old enough to do the math.  My parents were/are VERY religious.  We lived right next to the church, after all!

ETA I didn't intend to double quote!  How the heck do you get rid of quotes when you quote the wrong post?

Also, meatloaf, roast beets, and either sauteed greens or summer squash, I haven't decided yet.  All veggies fresh from my CSA!

I love doggie and food thread drift! Here is one of our girls. She's an Aussie/border collie mix, I'm pretty sure, and herds everything that moves, especially little kids! We have 6 acres so she's right at home here, and was very destructive when we lived in town. Anyway, she got a bad cut on her leg the other day, probably from the old barbed wire. So she has the cone of shame til it heals, lol. 

Its hot here too so dinner tonight is the Pioneer Woman's Greek salad!

IMG_0422.JPG

No doggie hearts at my house, but I'm loving seeing everyone else's.:bigheart:

Dinner tonight, I'm embarrassed to say, is Buffalo Wild Wings. It's half price night, and my husband loves them. But I'm making a salad to go with--not organic, and no exotic ingredients, so Lori would turn her nose up at it. But it's fresh and healthy (note I did NOT say 'nourishing'). 

13 minutes ago, Loveday said:

No doggie hearts at my house, but I'm loving seeing everyone else's.:bigheart:

Dinner tonight, I'm embarrassed to say, is Buffalo Wild Wings. It's half price night, and my husband loves them. But I'm making a salad to go with--not organic, and no exotic ingredients, so Lori would turn her nose up at it. But it's fresh and healthy (note I did NOT say 'nourishing'). 

But did you make salmonella dressing? Because the salad doesn't count without that. 

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

But did you make salmonella dressing? Because the salad doesn't count without that. 

No, I poured it out of a bottle, so Lori REALLY wouldn't approve. But come to think of it, it was close to its expiration date, so I'll let you know if I suddenly develop parasites. :pb_lol:

gonna get my ass in gear and prep the meat for tonight's dinner...some sort of fajita/burrito thing. 

We just finished round 1 of the great 2018 purge this morning. 3 bags of stuff in hub's truck so far. I'm gonna tackle my shoe collection tomorrow. We're trying to get most of it done before I start working, currently tentatively scheduled for 6/25. I gotta start deciding what's going to get given away...stuff we won't need at the new place. 

The feline headships are snoozing...doing their job. 

Hey Lori...when was the last time YOU purged the shit out of your closets/drawers? 

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I take it that your casserole looks much better than Lori's soup? 

:pb_lol:  It really was good.  I am not a fan of chicken, but this was a hit for everyone.  It was one of the freezer meals I made.  Served with fresh corn on the cob and baby lima beans.  Felt very summery, for some reason.

Hope Ken enjoys his week old cattle spit soup tonight.  We're about to have dessert.  Lori would give it evil looks, and cling to her salad fork.

2 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Satan's helpmeets!

image.thumb.png.3fc961c3ff3c86d5ad9bd52debed87ad.png

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

:pb_lol:  It really was good.  I am not a fan of chicken, but this was a hit for everyone.  It was one of the freezer meals I made.  Served with fresh corn on the cob and baby lima beans.  Felt very summery, for some reason.

Hope Ken enjoys his week old cattle spit soup tonight.  We're about to have dessert.  Lori would give it evil looks, and cling to her salad fork.

I snort-laughed and felt nauseated at the same time.:laughing-rolling::puke-front:

Reader:

He went public for kindergarten at my husbands insistance....and it was a terrible experience...luckily bad enough to convince him to allow me to homeschool our kids.

Lesson 1:  Learn to spell "insistence" 

Lesson 2:  This should read: "husband's insistence", not "husbands".  That apostrophe is important.

Lesson 3:  Stop being a crappy person.  "Luckily" your child had a bad experience in school?  Are you even kidding me right now?  Good god, who WANTS their child to have a bad experience?  

Fundie "submissive" types are so fucking manipulative.

Reader:

So glad we don’t watch TV. It’s sad that Christianity has almost completely turned a blind eye to the depravity. 

Yes, it is sad, isn't it Godly Lori? 

Luckily Lori would never turn a blind eye to depravity!   She faces it head on, with eyes wide open, and a bowl of popcorn in her lap.  Hell, she "researches" that shit out!

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived