IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

It's funny that Lori feels this way, because she's openly admitted that she'd go on government assistance before she got a job and worked.  

Can't find the one I am looking for, but this will do.  

Lori Alexander:

I think it is better for the mother to go on welfare to take care of her children rather than find a full-time job and let someone else raise her children.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

My fiance had lived in India, the UK and the US. He works for a large company and his healthcare coverage is great. When he came to the US, he thought that was normal at first, his healthcare coverage. Then he came to realize how much the average person was paying for much less care and how many people actually had no insurance at all. It has really shocked him, our entire system of healthcare access. He said, "One of the wealthiest countries in the world with amazing research and cutting edge treatments and cures and yet what good is it when most of your own citizens can't access it?" 

I am always asked to explain WTF is wrong with Americans and the US health care system.  It's generally greeted with rising horror and questions like "what do you mean it's linked to your employment?  What if you don't have a job?  Doesn't this keep people from switching jobs?  Doesn't America keep saying it's a Christian country?" It died down a bit after the ACA went through but is back in force now.  Even my very right wing conservative father in law, whose own father was a literal Nazi collaborator, is for universal health coverage because it saves money and reduces problems in society when everyone is taken care of and won't be bankrupt or homeless because of cancer.

"Europe is almost falling" what an absolute dipshit.

I'm a godless feminist and I am currently making a batch of homemade grassfed yogurt for my husband because I love him, not because Lori expects me to be his slave.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Per her own words -- she's spending too much time on her "ministry," not enough on her husband, and falling prey to the temptations of the flesh. 

I guess Lori just hates God and his perfect ways. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Her blog today is disgusting. Trey explains why we shouldn't have healthcare or a safety net. 

Apparently, Trey's taxes are not withheld from his paycheck like the rest of us. The IRS shows up to his house with a gun and forcibly takes his money. I find that very odd. You'd think they wouldn't have time for that and that if his employer wasn't withholding or he wasn't paying, they would go through other more typical legal channels. But whatever. 

Hang on, I thought they only wanted iTunes or Apple gift cards. That's what the people on the phone tell me.

13 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Sorry thread drift back to Lori for a minute. So what Lori is saying is that we don't need women Bible teachers just women who teach the Bible.... Which would make them Bible Teachers? But her version of Bible teaching is spirituality anemic and completely lacking in depth. She'd rather see people be practicing "biblical" gender roles and spiritual shallow than have active faith lives but egalitarian. That's why she complains when not every sermon is about gender roles. 

Also to Tara... Idk about you but God gives us gifts so we can use them rather than squander our abilities  and given the number of women in the Bible that taught men, clearly they are scripturally allowed. You just have to read outside of two passages and a handful of verses. In other words you need more sermons and lessons beyond how to be a manipulative, passive agressibe wife whose husband has no accountability. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.8fa19736e5c793de16f41ee6c79be119.png

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.5ea245ad7842d6f5cda25d0c02e09292.png

Hide contents

I think I found Lori’s loophole! Women teaching doctrine limited to submission and keeping at home aren’t bible teachers because they aren’t teaching the Bible!

Trey is an idiot who needs to get out more. 

USING ALL CAPS DOESN'T MAKE YOUR POINT IT JUST MAKES YOU SOUND HOSTILE or NOT SANE! 

It all comes out of the taxpayers’ pockets from the sweat of their hard work. Every dollar that is taken from me (at the barrel of a gun, but I might add) and given to people who make poor decisions, is a dollar that I do not have to support and provide for MY family.

There's a million bible verses about this - how Jesus said to pay taxes, how our leadership is appointed by God, how you should give to the poor without conditions, and how pride is bad. 

It should but it doesn’t because as far as taxes that support subsidies go, there is too much of that here already and all it does is cause the people who live off of it to pop out more babies into the system so they can get more money for themselves and their children but still suffer in poverty!

I don't know if Trey knows what a subsidy even is or isn't. The vast majority of subsidies aren't to individuals so they can make babies, they are to things like my state, so we can build a college or a road or a ship. They are to farmers. They are to new businesses to help create growth and jobs. 

This kind of system actually puts MORE children into poverty situations. History has proven that fact over and over again. It is common sense that you don’t get rid of bad behavior by rewarding it! If you feed something, it will grow. You must starve it to minimize it or get rid of it completely.

Does Trey ever talk about how "history has proven that fact over and over again?" I doubt it, because conservatives who rant on  facebook/comment section of their local paper rarely provide sources. Also, there's verse in Deuteronomy 15:17 about how there will never cease to be poor, yet you should still give to them! 

Responsible, hard working people should not be punished by government stealing their money and giving it to freeloaders. This system just creates more freeloaders. As far as society goes, once there are more people eating at the public trough than there are to put food into it, it becomes an unsustainable situation and everything collapses. We (and all of western civilization) are on the verge of collapse right now.

This is not very Christian of him. Nor does it matter if it IS true. We have reached a point in our society where we can make money with less manual labor, less work overall. Certain people make billions upon billions and they don't work very hard at all, in the traditional sense. There is NO reason why someone should get million dollar bonuses while their secretary has a negative bank balance. It's not right, it's not sustainable, and it's sociopathic. 

I understand your feelings on this matter. It is part of how God made you (as a woman) to be sensitive to these issues but it is the soft spot for things like this that make women incapable of being effective leaders. I don’t want to see children suffer any more than anyone else but I can see the big picture and have the understanding that there will always be suffering in the world and the best we can do is try to minimize it

And there it is. Condescending sexist Trey. Why is Lori reprinting this? Doesn't she have time in her day to write her own material instead of copy and pasting a facebook rant from what is probably some sort of incel? Good God, Lori, learn to respect yourself.  

Lori and her followers are some of the most soulless people I have ever come across. I don’t understand how they can call themselves Christians. I don’t understand how they can make value judgements about people whose stories have no awareness of. I don’t understand how they can make statements without backing them up with any real research or data. 

And Trey- he’s just a damn woman hater. Is he the one that used to post on her blog? 

Here’s an article regarding a recent study that provides some basic explanation regarding why poor people make certain decisions (and it’s not because they are less than and they don’t need to be starved into making the “right” decisions):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/561779/ 

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

(Trey)  We (and all of western civilization) are on the verge of collapse right now.

If western civilization collapses because of equality of human beings regardless of gender, skin color, sexual orientation, etc, then it should fall so we can start over.  Maybe, just mayyyyybe, we can finally get it right!  

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

My Shih tzu looks a lot like @Imrlgoddess‘s Tibetan Prayer Dod..  Those smushed faced dogs are all so similar.

We can do smushed face. My daughter's dog is a Shih tzu/Tibetan spaniel cross. He is so short-legged that when he sits down, you can barely tell. My pooch used to log-roll him across the couch with his nose for fun.

parker and yogi.jpg

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

But what I really am wondering is if Lori read the part where Trey bitches about people popping out babies they can't afford. Is she going to ask him why he doesn't trust the Lord's providence?

Of course not!  He has a penis!   He doesn't have to make sense or trust God's Perfect Ways and Plans. Because, you  know, penis.   I think that  trumps God's Perfect Ways? Somehow?   Only vagina holders get quizzed on why they hate and distrust God.   

Trey is a gosh darn idiot. Civilizations were crashing way before women got the right to vote. I mean did he completely miss the way men have ruined civilizations for thousands of years?? I swear this guy has no concept of reality. And if having a soft heart makes women incapable of leading what does that make Trey? A cold-hearted dictator? 

Trey if you believe men are coming to your door with guns please get psychiatric help. Chances are they are hallucinations. 

I think the main take away is this: 

Lori can sabotage her birth control or go on government assistance to avoid work, and that = Godly

If another woman has a baby and gets money from the father or the government, that = Stealing from the taxpayers/condoning sin/the breakdown of society 

I do like this reader's response:

We now have 4 children and trust God to control our womb

See how godly she is? It's not even her womb.  It belongs to her husband.  The same reader (Lindy) goes on to advise another reader to continue getting pregnant, even if it risks the health of her unborn child and herself.

Reader:

Risk.PNG.e6c54b5bdce22e08bcabf7cc82b8bde2.PNG

91394479_Risk1.PNG.ce5b4de175033898c9e5059efc6db1f3.PNG

Reader:

I had two very early term pregnancies....I was in damger each time and my babies were 2lbs.....it was imperative that I not conceive again. 

Lindy:

The Bible states throughout that He opens and closes the womb. We trust God even in the grimest of circumstances. I just had a baby about 4 weeks ago and had issues after birth. Actually, after my first birth, it was not recommended to have a vaginal birth again. Yet God is in control. I believe if I follow the above verse, I have God's promise.

Wow.  So risk your life over a pregnancy that doesn't even exist.  Great plan.  

Jesus wept...

Godly Lori:

Throwing money at something doesn’t stop bad behavior. The bad behavior needs to be dealt with and stopped.

*raises hand*  Hey, Lori?  How should a husband deal with a wife who sabotages her birth control so she won't have to work anymore?  Maybe force her to keep working, but refusing to support her lazy ass?  Asking for a friend...

Lori:

Trey said clearly that he would rather use his money to help others instead of give it to a gigantic and inefficient government that is wasteful and even uses our money to fund evil things like abortion.

But you'd have no problem holding your hand out to avoid getting a job, right?  Gigantic and wasteful, until Lori needs money.   Then it's A-Okay.

Do these idiots NOT realize that no federal funds can be used for abortion? Goddammit the stupid, the ignorance, it BURNS!!! 

I'm in a pretty shitty mood this morning, something about the utter idiocy of the entire world...I'm fucking pissed off at fucking near everything...I'd love to get in the face of some of our "leaders" and give them a few pieces of my mind. The tweet from the fucking surgeon general about diabetes being a "moral failing" sent me RIGHT over the edge. 

Just now, feministxtian said:

Do these idiots NOT realize that no federal funds can be used for abortion? Goddammit the stupid, the ignorance, it BURNS!!! 

Nope.   Lori (who is outright proud of how dumb/ignorant she is) has no such information:

gigantic and inefficient government that is wasteful and even uses our money to fund evil things like abortion.

Someone replied (likely informing Lori of reality), but she quickly deleted it.  

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

diabetes being a "moral failing" sent me RIGHT over the edge. 

I am pre-diabetic (5 years since diagnosis).  You would have never been able to look at me and tell.  I was actually shocked. 

It's just a matter of time, for me.  My grandfather was diagnosed w/ type 2 in his twenties, and my father was diagnosed in his early thirties.  I am already older than both of them were at diagnosis.  

Moral failing, huh?  Wow.  

You know what's a real moral failing?  Being an unsympathetic asshole, that's what.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I am pre-diabetic (5 years since diagnosis).  You would have never been able to look at me and tell.  I was actually shocked. 

People ASSume (due to his age) that hubs is a type 2 diabetic. Their usual comment is "but you're so slim". They don't realize that he's diabetic because the other choice involved death. Technically he's a Type 3c diabetic, surgically induced after a total pancreatectomy and failed autologus (sp) islet cell transplant. The other choice was to succumb to eventual pancreatic cancer, they found pre-cancerous cells in the biopsies they took prior to continuing with the surgery. They spent 3 hours washing out his abdominal cavity with a chemotherapy solution and an antibiotic solution to kill all the rogue cells. It was successful and he's alive 5 years later. He's hooked to an insulin pump and continuous glucose meter 24/7 to keep his blood glucose levels in a more normal range. It was not a "moral failing" that he got sick, we suspect (but unfortunately can't prove) that his problems were caused by chemical exposure in the Navy. 

So Lori believes that our generation of baby boomers started the "depravity" in our country. Her parents' generation-and mine-was the last decent one. That leaves me to wonder how such decent people raised a generation of depraved children who have ruined the country, churches, schools, the economy, families, marriages, etc. Since we were raised by such great people how did we end up to be such failures? Except for Lori and her family, of course.

This belief annoys me. EVERY generation has good and bad parts. I dislike the continual criticism of millennials, too. If our parents did such a bang up job as a generation, why are there still problems? Shouldn't they have fixed everything? Churches were stronger then so I would think they should have stepped in to end poverty, divorce, hunger, etc. There are always problems because we are human beings who are not perfect, regardless of our generation. Cultures change, world events and catastrophes occur, wars force change, industrial development happens, there are medical advances, and so on. Life was not wonderful with clearly defined limits of right and wrong in the 1940s and '50s that everyone happily followed, they were just defined differently. That doesn't make them the right way. It was "right" to have segregation in schools, have "whites only" businesses, restaurants, restrooms, and drinking fountains, control who is allowed to vote, infantilize women, limit career choices for certain groups, etc.

Lori has had a blessed life, as have I, but I can see that there are those who have not had the same benefits and privileges through no fault of their own. Why can't she?  Ever?

1 minute ago, Letgo said:

So Lori believes that our generation of baby boomers started the "depravity" in our country. Her parents' generation-and mine-was the last decent one. That leaves me to wonder how such decent people raised a generation of depraved children who have ruined the country, churches, schools, the economy, families, marriages, etc. Since we were raised by such great people how did we end up to be such failures? Except for Lori and her family, of course.

Yes. If one is going to blame a generation for all manner of evil, try looking at the generation that raised them.   

Bless her, Lori has the brain of a very simple 5 year old.  

She reminds me of my nephew, making lists of which cousins he liked best (favorite cousin at the top/least favorite at the bottom), and then eagerly rushing off to tell each one where they fell on the list.

She honestly believes that everything is a contest or a battle.  Why would it EVER be necessary to decide who to love first?  Does she decide which of her 3 children to love "first"?  I mean, why is this even a thing?  

You love a husband and children differently, but there's no "I love you first!"  What the fuck does that even mean?

God, she's ridiculous.  I am embarrassed for her.

Ps- No one can teach you to love, Lori.  If you don't do it naturally, you just don't have it in you...

Believe me- you don't.

Lori once said...

simply.thumb.PNG.a2e678ff45f858bc6e2415ccd39e8575.PNG

Run with this, Lori.  Your thoughts are simple.  Simple, and quite frankly, ridiculous.

Oh, Lori...maybe being a help meet means to help by working, help by sharing your talents to improve the lives of others, help by teaching by words AND example, not just words.  God never specified that the woman should have kids until menopause (or death), stay home, homeschool, etc.  We were created to help--and theres many ways to do so.  

Yes, the woman is to "submit" to the man--however, the man is to treat the woman like a precious jewel and put her first--even before himself.

I also went through 8 years of parochial school and am active in my church.  Plus, I've discussed this with our minister and he thinks Lord's views are asinine.

18 minutes ago, Letgo said:

Except for Lori and her family, of course.

Yep.

Humble Ken:

If you think the Alexanders or me, we sound too perfect... you are correct

Righteous Lori:

This torments my righteous soul (and yes, I am righteous 

And the kids?

I have four grown children who walk in Truth

13 minutes ago, Koala said:

You love a husband and children differently, but there's no "I love you first!"  What the fuck does that even mean?

I love my children beyond reason. Time wise, yes, I loved them first, they were here before I met my husband. However, I love my kids and my husband in different ways. My children, even though they're grown, are "my cubs". I turn into mama bear when anyone hurts my kids (yes, even as adults I go off on anyone who hurts my kids). My husband can fend for himself for the most part and doesn't need a mama bear. He needs a partner as I do. We're a team. The kids are still more of kids, not necessarily equals...IOW, I still expect a certain amount of respect from my kids, different than my husband...although given the amount of sarcasm that flies between me and my kids, you wouldn't understand it from the outside. There's no competition...it's a different kind of love.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

The tweet from the fucking surgeon general about diabetes being a "moral failing" sent me RIGHT over the edge. 

WTF?? Are you serious?

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived