IGNORED

Lori Alexander 48: The Complaining of the Shrew

3 hours ago, polecat said:

She has a photo of "West Liberty University," too. lol. 

I'm kinda hoping Cindy DeLoit is also an FJer, but I'm not gonna hold my breath because this was my parents' reasoning for requiring us to wear culottes *shudder* even at home, never ever pants, not even pajama pants.

1289387650_Screenshot2018-06-11at8_21_43AM.png.8171316461be8bb5576afce8c47ff98d.png

Also, this is some pretty asinine reasoning, too. People do all kinds of perfectly benign things at home that they'd never do in public because they're not socially acceptable for whatever reason. 

I'm not understanding this either. Of course there are things one might do at home that they would not do in public. I might burp in my own house around family (and say, "exscuse me") but not in public or around company.  I clip my toenails at home, but not in public. I might even drink the last bit of soup in my bowl at home, but not in public.

None of these things are sinful. It's simple manners.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Cindy is for real. On her personal page she has (or had) a post about hating homosexuals. She also shared a post by Steven Anderson. 

She could be a troll of epic proportions but my general sense is that she’s for real. So sad to be so full of hate. 

7 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I'm not understanding this either. Of course there are things one might do at home that they would not do in public. I might burp in my own house around family (and say, "exscuse me") but not in public or around company.  I clip my toenails at home, but not in public. I might even drink the last bit of soup in my bowl at home, but not in public.

None of these things are sinful. It's simple manners.

Not only this, their are things like showering/ bathing, changing clothes or visiting the toilet where I want privacy, even in my own home. I live together with my brother and while we aren't ashamed to be naked around each other, we still want to do this alone and we respect each others bounderies. Behauvior like this will teach kids that their bounderies don't count and in the worst case scenario, will make it future abusers much easier to groom them.

Is there a delete key malfunction today?

1561219740_delbutt.JPG.4b441856946aae365322149c28c49547.JPG

Lori's let this stand for 3+ hours. Maybe it's because Melissa is speaking the truth in love

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Yes, honey.  God's helping your pare down your wardrobe.  I mean sure, there are people dying of cancer/starving/enduring abuse, but in the grand scheme of things, that's not important to God.  What really matters, is you picking an arbitrary number of clothing items, and sticking to it...with God's help, of course.  He's the ultimate fashionista.

This reminds me of the week that we had to pray for someone's broken lawn mower in the Christian school daily staff meeting. 

21 minutes ago, Florita said:

Is there a delete key malfunction today?

1561219740_delbutt.JPG.4b441856946aae365322149c28c49547.JPG

Lori's let this stand for 3+ hours. Maybe it's because Melissa is speaking the truth in love

I saw this on my cell phone a couple of hours ago and thought for sure it would be gone by the time I got home and was able to copy and paste it here from my desktop (I can never do that from my phone, I'm tech-impaired). I can't believe it's still there! :shocked:

Wait?! Is it April 1?  Opposite day?  Is there an impostor posting for Lori today? What did I miss? All I can say is ha, ha, ha, ha!   good one!    :smellie_lol:

Today's IG:

LA compliments.jpg

Lori is such a bad faker. Don’t you almost pity how she tries so SO hard to hide her bitter, nasty attitude to be the Godly Simple Little Woman she OH so aspires to be and THINKS she is?! 

She really wants everyone to think she’s that sweet little Grandma that bakes everything organic and from scratch, brings hand-made wreaths to the neighbors, and makes her own soap while imparting Godly wisdom upon all she meets. 

I can't believe how wrong she got it today. Her fb post still says wisdom from Charles Krauthammer, but her post title on blog has been corrected to the correct author's name.  And Lori claims to do research! How embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Wait?! Is it April 1?  Opposite day?  Is there an impostor posting for Lori today? What did I miss? All I can say is ha, ha, ha, ha!   good one!    :smellie_lol:

Today's IG:

LA compliments.jpg

That might be the funniest joke I've heard in quite a while. 

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

What's this shit with wearing something "only 7 times"? I have 22 year old concert t-shirts that get worn often (The Eagles Hell Freezes over tour, Styx, REO Speedwagon). Right now I'm wearing a 14 year old Styx/Peter Frampton concert shirt...it was the first concert I took #2 son to. Hell, my CAR is 14 years old! 

That bitch got screws loose...REAL loose, like somebody get the fucking screwdriver and loctite and get to it before the damn things fall the fuck out. 

Oh...about that bullshit of battleship vs. cruise ship? Another utter crock of shit. This woman is NOT a Christian in any way, shape or form. 

I regularly wear a nightshirt that I got for a trip to England in 2008.  I usually wear it 7 times a WEEK (it gets washed frequently; in fact, it's in the wash right now!)  I don't know why it hasn't fallen apart yet, but I will wear it until it does.

16 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

In my regular summer rotation I have a linen shirt I bought when I was pregnant with #1 son, who is in mid 30's now, also a linen jacket (I swear, that fabric just does not wear out) that is 15 years old, a couple of sun dresses that are 10 and 12 years old. . .Oh, there are two sweatshirts and a t-shirt from college, a couple of commemorative product release shirts from a company I last worked for 15 years ago. I buy clothes that are comfortable, stylish but not trendy, and well made. And then I wear them to death.

Oh!  I still have the skirt I wore to my HS graduation.  40 years ago.  I don't wear it because it no longer fits, but I totally would if I was 50 lbs lighter!  I have a picture of me wearing it when I first made my WW goal weight in 1989 (it would have  been about 11  years old then).

Confession: I have WAAAAYYY too many clothes. I am doing a giant closet purge right now because Weight Watchers is actually working. Still, I will be left with a lot of clothes - some I have had for years and some newer pieces. I think half of my clothes are from Walmart - mainly the bottom half (heh) I LOVE some of their pants and I have had my Walmart pants for years.  Also, I have about six cardigans from there that have held up beautifully.  The other half of my wardrobe is from an online boutique I almost wish I had not discovered.  Their tops and dresses are AMAZING and I get a little carried away.  

We recently found out we will be relocating to another state and my husband will be going down before me. I think I am going to take a bunch of clothes with me the first time I join him for a week or two. I will just leave them there and not have to pack a suitcase each time I go back and forth. 

I have been sure to remind him that the Lord must have placed it on my heart to buy all these clothes over the years; now my burden will be much lighter as I move back and forth between homes. Also, my closet will look better as we try to sell our current home. 

THANK YOU JESUS!! 

42 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

and I have had my Walmart pants for years.  Also, I have about six cardigans from there that have held up beautifully.  The other half of my wardrobe is from an online boutique I almost wish I had not discovered.  Their tops and dresses are AMAZING and I get a little carried away.  

I've actually been really impressed with Walmart clothes! I've bought some of there recent released items and love them. Got a pair of khakis that feel wonderful and soft. Also a couple of sweaters. I've enjoyed their cuter plus sized clothes recently. I've seen so many online boutiques that I want to buy from. Modcloth has me addicted to looking at their skirts and dresses very longingly. I've bought a couple pieces and have loved them all. 

Eyeshadow and lipstick might just be my addiction. You can't have too many shades of similar shimmery nudes lol. 

8 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Eyeshadow and lipstick might just be my addiction. You can't have too many shades of similar shimmery nudes lol. 

So I counted the lipsticks in my purse not too long ago... 40. I know. It’s excessive. It’s not my full collection. I wear makeup but rarely touch up during the day. All I can say is that I went through a phase where I bought a lipstick anytime I saw one I liked. Some are drug store. Some are higher end. 

My latest obsession- nudestix. Not cheap but the lip and eye pencils really are nice.  

34 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Lipstick and nail polish here. And I never polish my fingernails, only my toes. But I still have way too much polish. 

I purged both of those things before we moved, too. I was ashamed by the number of duplicate colors of both that I purchased unintentionally and have been trying to at least avoid that since. 

I have a lot of clothes, but I am in the process of losing weight. I have a kick ass formal dress (I think I posted a photo in the J-Rod forums) that is my stand in when Rent-the Runway fails me. Right now I have a steady rotation of tank tops and capri pants when I don't leave the house and jeans and semi-good shirts when I do.

Lori's delete button is not on the fritz, I captured a couple of anti-Trump sentiments. One of them said

I think you spelled racist, misogynist, xenophobe, con-man wrong.

And the other

With all due respect, I disagree with this vehemently. President Trump is extremely temperamental and  overly emotional. If he wasn't, he wouldn't get so rattled and go on tirades every time something is said about him in the media. If you want to be the leader of the free world you need to have a thick skin, concentrate on the job at hand and do the best you can... not sit on Twitter all day long tearing down everyone who doesn't agree with you. It's not Christian behavior and it certainly isn't presidential behavior.

Screenshots are available upon request as soon as I get them off my gottang phone.

I try to avoid Walmart but since I use their pharmacy I do sometimes shop there. They also carry a few food things I can’t find anywhere else. Once, however, I needed some super comfy pants for traveling and didn’t need them to be fashionable. My sister suggested the $11 loose jersey pants with pockets she had gotten from Walmart. It took us forever to find them but when we did, they were on sale for $1! 

I bought 8. 

Oh don't get me started on lipstick. I love lipstick.   LOVE.  IT! I have like 20 tubes of failed colors alone *sigh*  When I find a shade I love, I eventually buy 3 of that color - one for our bathroom where I get ready each day, one for the downstairs bath for quick touch ups before running out the door and one for my purse.  Maybelline is my go-to brand.  

My daughter got me hooked on Ulta. I told her I could not go in there because the perfumes gave me a headache. She suggested I put peppermint oil under my nose and - DANG!! It works. Now I look at makeup like a sixth grader let loose in the mall for the first time. I don't buy a lot there but it is a place she and I have fun together. I do like their travel size bubble baths - they have nice fruity scents and the bottles are adorable. 

I need to get a life. 

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

My daughter got me hooked on Ulta. I told her I could not go in there because the perfumes gave me a headache. She suggested I put peppermint oil under my nose and - DANG!! It works. Now I look at makeup like a sixth grader let loose in the mall for the first time. I don't buy a lot there but it is a place she and I have fun together. I do like their travel size bubble baths - they have nice fruity scents and the bottles are adorable. 

Ulta is another place I need to stay out of! I discovered IT cosmetics...they don't break my skin out. The downside is they're right pricey. 

Maybe being broke is a blessing...I don't buy nearly as much crap! 

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Ulta is another place I need to stay out of! I discovered IT cosmetics...they don't break my skin out. The downside is they're right pricey. 

Maybe being broke is a blessing...I don't buy nearly as much crap! 

You know how they give points for each purchase? When I first started shopping there, I just gave them my daughter's info and she got all my points. I kept telling the clerk, "I don't shop here much." After doing a lot of Christmas and birthday shopping there, I realized she was getting a gazillion points from me. I recently told her I was taking my points back. I had no idea the perks I could be getting!! 

She can earn her own points!!  

20 hours ago, feministxtian said:

We have a NINETEEN year old truck!!! 

(couldn't resist either)

We have a 42 year old El Camino.  1976.  Big tank, back from when gas was cheap!

I don't get the 7 times to wear things, either.  I have t-shirts I've had since my 26 year old daughter was in kindergarten, so I guess that I have worn them too many times.

20 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I have a couple pieces I've worn only two times but they're thrifted and then go back to the thrift store. It's one of those I thought I'd like it but didn't. I have a decent sized wardrobe and have a lot to go through but a large portion is thrifted or bought after careful consideration. And I mostly buy solids to make them wearable with a lot of stuff. Also plus sized shopping can be difficult so actually clothes shopping is few and far between. I turn my fancier dress more casual by tying a chambray button up over them. It looks like a cute skirt and shirt combo. 

I just bought an adorable Jurassic Park shirt from H&M because it's my favorite movie. What a sinner I am. 

Edit: I've never met anyone who just throws away clothes. Does anyone actually do this? Everyone I know takes it to thrift stores. 

I buy from thrift stores most of the time, and I donate as much as I can. We tend to wear clothes until they are worn out, and sometimes recycle clothes.  For example, Mr. Briefly made a quilt out of old camo shirts that were donated to his previous employer - who promptly threw them out. Mr. Briefly got them out of the dumpster and they said he could have them, so they came home and we washed them and then he cut them up and got busy with the sewing machine.

15 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

I am vintage. LOL. 

My clothes consist of 2 pairs of going-to-town jeans, a dozen t-shirts, 2 hoodies, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 sets of good long underwear, 3 pairs of Carhartts (one lined for winter) and lots of wool socks. I am pretty low maintenance - living for years in one-room cabins or in wall tents meant there wasn't room for a lot of things. When I moved to Alaska, all my personal belongings fit into 8 plastic totes. 

Lori is so out of touch with real world living, it boggles my mind. Her world, while privileged, is truly awful. I can't imagine living every day by all those ridiculous rules and standards and how it must feel to fail. Such a waste of a life. 

I have been away for a few days and I noticed you said you wanted to see the dog I referred to as the tribble. Here she is. First pic is her after a run to check out trail conditions. As you can see, they were very muddy. The second is her "smile". I can tell her to smile and she will. This is also how she greets people which freaks them out. She adores all people - especially children. 

And yes we have two dog couches in our home. The third one is supposed to be for humans, but the dogs frequently ignore the memo. We have wood floors (tile in the kitchen).....got rid of the carpet when we moved into this place because of the fur. I sweep and mop and don't worry too much. We have a small place - about 700 sq ft and so it's pretty easy to keep clean. Not Lori clean mind you. Her head would likely explode if she came for a visit. 

sasha dirt.jpg

sasha teeth.jpg

She is so sweet!  I see why she is named Tribble, she is fluffy!  The second picture with her smile - she kind of reminds me of Pennywise the clown from the first IT movie - I think it's her eyes.  Not that I think she's a bad dog!  She looks like a big sweetheart.

The only way I can not buy more is literally not to go in stores. I tunnel vision my way through the drugstore and Target. I don’t even have to go in the grocery store often because of Instacart, which I think helps cut down on impulse purchases.

And stay off Amazon on Ambien. 

These are my golden rules.

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

This reminds me of the week that we had to pray for someone's broken lawn mower in the Christian school daily staff meeting. 

Mr. Briefly said ours broke today.  So I guess we should pray for it to heal, instead of going to the hardware store and pricing a new one.

Prayer for a broken lawnmower is easily one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard of, how in the world is that considered appropriate?  I could see if it was to pray for the person's circumstances but a lawnmower?  Maybe I'm missing something.

35 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Prayer for a broken lawnmower is easily one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard of, how in the world is that considered appropriate?  I could see if it was to pray for the person's circumstances but a lawnmower?  Maybe I'm missing something.

A friend of mine told me years ago that one of the waypoints on her trek out of the Dutch Reformed Church was when she heard someone say that the Lord had led them to a 4 percent home mortgage. She thought any Lord worth worshiping surely had more important things to do (possibly like lawnmower resurrection?)

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived