IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

No.  He used to ages ago.  He now relies on Facebook but has an annoying habit of deleting stuff and making it private whenever he embarrasses himself.  And that happens frequently. 

No worries, there is no wrong place to ask questions on FJ.  And welcome!

No, Esther Shrader is Anna Duggar's sister.  I think you may be confusing Esther with Jennie Chancey of the Regency clothes.  She is married to (Persecution Project and Old Spice) Matt and they spent some time in Kenya, then RSA, but are now planning to return to the US.  They came up recently in this thread: 

I have no idea how those streams crossed mentally lol! Thanks a bunch and I appreciate it! :)

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the video and it creeped me out. John sure is keen on himself. I try to put myself in the average fundie’s mindset. How would I respond to his video and mission? I think many wouldn’t want to go to Africa so John and his family would be praised for doing just that. The numerous pictures of the outdoor church services and potential for others being built would be seen as successful. Esther would be seen as brave for having yet another baby in Africa. The children are well spoken and always smiling, so the parents would be seen as wonderful. John is pictures as the one and only “Great White Hope” (barf) for Zambia. 

Would I, as a fundie, send money to John’s mission? Probably depends on how charismatic Daddy Shrader was in his presentation and appeal. I could see the fundie mom’s getting together care packages for the family. Does Pastor Rick go to fundie light churches for support? And where was the airplane!!!???

• 2 weeks later...

He's been preaching about child training. OK then. Also someone was bored on the bus and looked at something that might have been a tract. Or something else. Who knows!

Why, while I have been distracted, Johnny is back posting publicly!  He's come gallumping home.  He must have missed the attention and I surmise that donations are down.

But he is posting publicly again!

"Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
She chortles in her joy."

Eh.  In his latest video (or rather slideshow) I made note of the fact that Bro. Phellion (Rodericks's BIL) is remarkably absent from the church plant.  Run, Phellion, run.

And congrats to JohnBoy for not wasting 3 days rigging up a video camera to the Troupie to tell us really old news.  Because there was no new news in that load of crap.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:09 PM, Markie said:

Would I, as a fundie, send money to John’s mission? Probably depends on how charismatic Daddy Shrader was in his presentation and appeal. I could see the fundie mom’s getting together care packages for the family. Does Pastor Rick go to fundie light churches for support? And where was the airplane!!!???

It is a long, long story, but it is freaking astonishing that anyone funds Johnny on his mission.  He's been a bloviating utter failure from the start.  Somehow Pastor Rick keeps him going, but we think that it is because Johnnie would be even more of a liability back in Texas.

Oh, and the airplane has no wings.  

John says:

Driving by in the Capitol of Lusaka, I gave out some John and Romans with Gospel tracts earlier this week,

Damnit John!  How many times do we have to tell you that Lusaka is the capital not the capitol!  And by the way, prayers are fervent not fervant.

and had to go back by the same place, and saw this!

A guy wishing his toilet paper didn't have print all over it.

We finished our tracts this morning on outreach here in Kafue, so Enoch and I printed another 8 reams (4,000 tracts)

Stop using Enoch as child labor.

This afternoon after outreach and discipleship, while we were printing, the youth stapled and prepped more than 1,500 J&R stuffed with tracts before prayer meeting.

Stop using "the youth" to do your job.

The "Gospel Gun" is "Locked and Loaded" again with more ammo for next week.

Pray for the many Seeds we are planting to find good soil!

Pray that John soon runs out of donors.

Mr. Agrey and Mr. Julias were sitting next to each other, listening to the preaching, and both holding their toddlers, who had gone fast asleep. What a blessing, as many fathers are fairly uninvolved with raising their children.

Please, let me know when John is involved with the raising of his children - unless using them as child labor.  Or encouraging them to kill harmless snakes.

John, print your own damn tracts and staple them yourself.

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, and the airplane has no wings.

So it's not so much an airplane as a tube.  Possibly useful if anyone needs to make a culvert.

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The "Gospel Gun" is "Locked and Loaded" again with more ammo for next week.

I'm imagining something like a glitter/confetti cannon, only stuffed with tracts.  The alternative is that John wants to use rolled-up tracts in a rifle-like thing, hide in the bushes, and shoot at people so that Jesus hits them in the forehead out of the blue.

Johnny boy is just soooo boring these days.  I had such high hopes of lots of entertainment in his early Zambian days. Tut tut John. The Addled Fuckfaced  Apricot on the hill is funnier than you these days. Dangerous too sadly, only in different ways. 

• 2 weeks later...

Johnboy posted a few hours, a LONG post about "trudging through the sand for 6 hours" and doing nice things for people with an ulterior motive in mind. Per usual it is overly dramatic.  Highlights: 

- John has apparently lost 20 pounds because "the Lord has opened an unbelievable door here, and I must be in top physical condition to meet the rigorous demands of the task ahead." What door? Is he going to appear on the missionary version of american ninja warrior?  but actually it appears that the "door" is his new friendship with the chief of this region who wants john to evangelize to all of his people. 

- Brother Boyd and John spent some time pumping water and doing favors for women in a village, not out of christian goodness, but because they think this will convince people to listen to them and convert. they called this "pump evangelism". 

- Somehow johnboy has a in with the senior chief in this region, who seems enthusiastic about encouraging john to reach out to his "hundreds and hundreds" of villages. he's even going to send letters of introduction with them. what a bummer if that's true, but i trust that john's laziness will prevail and very few of those villages will be harassed. 

- John converted a catholic (classic). or tried to - he wants to "continue studying with us." 

- then he went out into the surrounding villages and  " We gave each adult and older child a John and Romans, but sadly, most cannot read it."  hahahahahahahaha i'm dying. good work john. toilet paper for all! 

- john is so excited that this senior chief wants to bring the gospel to his people. apparently this guy wants to see biblical churches planted everywhere in his territory and wants to evangelize each and every village. i can't wait to see how quickly this relationship falls apart due to john's stupidity and narcissism. 

- there's an airstrip nearby that john can use. (with what plane?? isn't john's plane in disrepair?? lmfao. )

- he concludes by reiterating all the "attacks" on his mission, his family, etc. but of course he is right and he will prevail. 

he's on a real high swing right now. i have to say this seems like good news for him. i hope it all falls apart - based on sheer incompetence and inability to learn the language/produce materials in the language, i am sure it will. 

oh man, there's another update I missed from just a couple hours before with more details.  The senior chief is Lukama the IV (this doesn't mean anything to me but maybe does to others more familiar with the region).  John is desperately praying for an  English-Lozi John and Romans.  Why does he need a tract that has a parallel English/Lozi translation? Why not just print tracts in Lozi? Is he also trying to teach English?

But further confirmation in this post that basically no one in this new target region speaks or reads English, so t god for small mercies - john won't be able to communicate with them very effectively. 

Also t god - John co-signed this post from Esther and "the 11", so it seems Esther is not currently pregnant. 

16 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Why does he need a tract that has a parallel English/Lozi translation?

That is common practice when it comes to pamphlets and fliers.  It means that the same tract works for people who read English (the lingua franca) so it is cost effective.  

He's definitely on an upswing.  It is the usual grandiosity and bullshittery.  I hope it doesn't take long for this latest batch of converts to see through John.

Some more of John's nonsense from September 11 for those who are blocked:

I'm in no way denigrating those who horrifically lost their lives 17 years ago...

Oh yes, you are,

I was driving back to Texas from visiting my then finance, Esther, and her family. Our wedding would be less than seven weeks later...

I wonder whether either Esther, Esther's Dad, or the rest of the family have ever questioned whether she should have married John.  And it is fiance not finance, Johnny.

but is there equal outrage over about the same number of innocent lives lost EVERY SINGLE DAY in America? 3,000 babies MURDERED every. single. day. (The stats worldwide are roughly a staggering 125,000/day)

I really wonder what the source of Johnie's "stats" is.  His own tiny brain probably.  I haven't found anything like those "stats" on even wickedly "pro-life" websites.  

And we all know that "pro-life" sites and John are more into the rights of a clump of a few cells than they are concerned about the rights of women forced to carry unwanted fetuses or the rights of that unwanted fetus when it is actually born.

In the US the number of (legal and non-spontaneous) abortions is going down.  Probably because of improvements in birth control.   https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/17/509734620/u-s-abortion-rate-falls-to-lowest-level-since-roe-v-wade

You know, Shrader,  promoting the use of birth control is the best way to prevent abortions.  Also, giving much stricter penalties to rapists and locking them up for life so they can't rape again would help. 

Telling Quiverfull people like you to stop reproducing while you are ahead is also a good idea.  Esther seems to pop out babies as easily as shelling peas, but it is not necessarily always going to be that easy for her. 

Neither is caring for all those children while John behaves like the irresponsible ass he is.

Also, John, as you are unable to provide for your children without grifting, how about you abstain from sex, tie a knot in your penis, or start using BC yourself.  The donors don't need any more little Shraders to support.

We need to wake up friends. Let's pray for an opening of eyes, hearts and minds to this daily, equally horrific silent American holocaust.

Nothing silent about it, John.  And it is not a holocaust.

Abortionists are terrorists too, IMO.

js

The hell with your opinion, js.

Medical professionals who are not breaking any laws are not terrorists.  The people who picket Family Planning centers and abortion clinics to harass and berate patients are more like terrorists.  And the people who bomb clinics and kill abortion providers are murderers and terrorists.

37 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

they called this "pump evangelism". 

I wish someone would ask him about his magical well evangelism. You know, the one he spent a ton of money on and then never mentioned again. 

I can't help but wonder if this guy who is wanting John to plant churches all over his area has an ulterior motive. John is ripe to be scammed. He is very susceptible to flattery. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I can't help but wonder if this guy who is wanting John to plant churches all over his area has an ulterior motive. John is ripe to be scammed. He is very susceptible to flattery. 

haha that didn't even occur to me but that would be fabulous.  if anyone deserves to be scammed, it's him.

37 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

haha that didn't even occur to me but that would be fabulous.  if anyone deserves to be scammed, it's him.

We need a fist pumping YES emoji. Oh! TrumpyMcFuckface provided the perfect prototype!!!!!!! Would it be possible to do that Mods?

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

I think John has already been scammed several times, starting with the wingless pile of rusty plane parts.  He just doesn't want to admit it.  

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I wish someone would ask him about his magical well evangelism. You know, the one he spent a ton of money on and then never mentioned again. 

Probably people decided that free water from John's magical well wasn't worth listening to him preach.  He put that well in for his own use anyway, and I doubt he was giving it away free.

John could be getting into some deep shit in the Western Province, AKA Barotseland.  A quick google tells me that it is not a stable area.  In fact Barotseland is trying to gain independence from Zambia and there has been serious rioting and many arrests there quite recently.  The whole situation is under international scrutiny,

John may be getting on like a house on fire with this new chief, who is supposed to be related to the king, at the moment but I'm sure this new guy has his own agenda.  I also doubt the friendship will last long.  John will be unable to resist berating new guy for sinning, eating too much meat, or failing in some important test - like not giving John money.

I give it at most a year until John complains that his mission to Barotseland has been attacked by Satan and his new buddy is possessed by demons.

An excerpt from his latest effusion where eager "rosters" wake John at dawn.

As the sun was setting, we went and met again with the Chief, and tears of joy literally sprang from my eyes as I saw his excitement at the Gospel coming to his people.

Oh, they have never seen missionaries before.  A long and Interesting post here about Borotseland and missionaries - and occupation by Zambia.  

Makes me wonder what people will think about John's Biblical Historic Baptist bullshit.

He deeply desires to see Biblical Baptist churches planted throughout his Chiefdom, starting here, and it will take years to evangelize every village, but he is so excited and filled with joy.

But this is just a minor chief, not the king.

He even desires to see men being trained for the ministry right here!

Truthiness Bible Seminary may rise from the ashes again!  Be sure to print up some letterhead, Johnny.  No, we haven't forgotten about the dismal failure of your first attempt at discipling people for the ministry.

Oh, and there's an airstrip close to here that we could use as well!!

Of course there is.  Now where is that rusty plane?

It is humbling beyond words to watch this unfolding before my eyes.

This is what I dreamed of.

This has been the deep desire of my heart since God called our family to Africa.

This is Missions.

This is delusion.  Remember how John was going to convert Burundi?

We have been attacked by American preachers and a fellow missionary, accusing us of preaching a false gospel.

What more than one preacher has attacked?  We know about Rea.

We have been attacked online by Americans, and accused of terrible things in slander and lies.

If John means FJ, I am not American and neither is @Gobsmacked.  Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it, Johnny.  Do learn the difference between slander and libel.  Also criticism and complaints about John's lack of transparency and blatant spinning of the truth until it squeals are not lies.

We've been attacked by the very people we've come to minister to, through lies online and here to officials, threats of physical harm to Esther, the children, and myself, but through it all, God has sustained us.

People saw through John and called him out.  He treated his former converts very badly and got a lelluva lot of free labor out of them.  He might have been threatened but I think he is exaggerating all of that.

And God hasn't sustained him; the thousands of dollars donated by his dim-witted donors has kept him going.

You would think that all these "attacks" would cause him to wonder what he is doing wrong, but noooo.I am so glad John has returned to public posting.   If he cuts us off again we will know that the Barotseland "Mission" has died just like his unfortunate chicken farm.

• 3 weeks later...

Esther Agape and Caleb are in the US right now. Her sister Priscilla Waller just gave birth and posted pictures.

19 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Esther Agape and Caleb are in the US right now. Her sister Priscilla Waller just gave birth and posted pictures.

Wish she could have brought all the kids and escaped!

23 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

I have lost track - Agape's the second oldest girl, is Caleb the baby? Given the oldest two are 15 and 14 respectively I'd have thought they might be shipping them back soon to stay with family. 

The kids and their ages as of today are:

Enoch, 15
Alatheia, 14
Timothy, 13
Nehemiah, 11
Agape, 10
Elijah, 8
Charis, 7
Sophia, 6
Stephen, 4
Isaiah, 2
Caleb, 9 months

I can see them sending Enoch home when he finishes schooling (probably another year or two) so he can start working , but they won't send Alatheia home. She's going to be needed to help her mom care for the kids. Esther is 37, and given her fertility, probably has 3-5 more babies ahead of her. 

I think the boys will be sent out quickly, but the girls John will have a hard time parting with. They can feed his ego far more than the boys. 

May all the Keller female offspring have fertility that declines sharply at around age 38.  Many women do.  

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

May all the Keller female offspring have fertility that declines sharply at around age 38.  Many women do.  

I agree. My guess is no more than 4 more babies for her. Probably 3.

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I hope John's virility slacks off,too.Is this an evil wish?Well,they already have 11 children..so I don't think so.

My concern is that John will swan about Barotseland in his nice Troopie and make himself a target for robbery and or kidnapping.  And annoying people.  I am curious who is doing the translating for John. 

Also, he's in the midst of one of his usual highs, which will wear off at some point; then he'll take to his couch to nurse his wounds until the next Big Thing comes along. 

A wingless plane with no engine is indeed the perfect metaphor for John. 

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I can see them sending Enoch home when he finishes schooling (probably another year or two) so he can start working , but they won't send Alatheia home.

I do wonder what happens when the kids turn 18 though - how will they get visas?  I feel like there's more chance of getting the son a missionary visa than a daughter, because in their cult women can't lead.  But how many of the sons can they convincingly say are needed? 

I worry their daughters will be married off at 18, to USA men Pris and David have chosen for them, who they've "got to know" over chaperoned skype conversations.  The sons could at least theoretically go back to the States for Bible school (though John doesn't believe any are godly...) and I really hope some kid relative gives the daughters homes if they have to leave Zambia, and they aren't just given to the first guy who offers.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived