IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John wrote a long spectacularly awful poem about the missionary who died. 

John's education didn't include lessons on meter, rhythm, stress, and prosody, apparently.  John, if you've decided on ballad meter, either stick to it, or break it for actual, conscious reasons beyond "I can't think of words that fit."  Come on now, it's one of the most common meters in English verse, and should be about as familiar as breathing to anyone who grew up with old-school hymns.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I just knew that Jihn would make it all about him. Just knew it. 

He's milking this horrible tragedy for all he can get.  It's totally energized him.  

Look at how we suffer and sacrifice.  Don't send money, send prayers.

Oh, by the way, don't forget that we do need money but, not today.  Today is devoted to this tragedy.  We are just like them and something could happen to us, too.

7 hours ago, Carol said:

We are just like them and something could happen to us, too.

Oh yes, it is clear he really much wants people to think that he too is in danger of being killed just like this guy. Look at what a martyr he is! 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Oh yes, it is clear he really much wants people to think that he too is in danger of being killed just like this guy. Look at what a martyr he is! 

Using the death of another person to grift money for himself, that guy is shameless.

On 10/31/2018 at 4:49 PM, formergothardite said:

Please pay of the Lord would had you do something to help

John, was that English? Was it another attempt at deep and profound poetry? Are you hallucinating?

If writing like that is the only way to reach you, let me give it a shot: please take of your family back to the US and would had you get a fucking job to support them. Cleaning of the porta-potties and had getting of a paycheck would be more useful and noble than what you would are did had doing now.

(man, that was hard!)

How old is his oldest child? Because Zambia is lowering the age of minors to stay on their parent's VISA it was 18 now they want to lower it to 16 if the child is not enrolled in an educational institute then it stays at 18.

7 minutes ago, countressrascal said:

How old is his oldest child? Because Zambia is lowering the age of minors to stay on their parent's VISA it was 18 now they want to lower it to 16 if the child is not enrolled in an educational institute then it stays at 18.

I think the oldest son is 15. There is no way John would enroll his children in any sort of school. I wonder if that is why it seems like he has been putting out feelers for other countries. He might know his time is limited. 

Enoch turns 16 in January. That's not far out. Maybe John will bring back his fake Bible college and claim Enoch is enrolled in that. 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Which is kind of hilarious because Zambia is one of the safest and most stable countries on the continent. 

On 11/1/2018 at 12:25 AM, Evangeline said:

@subsaharanafrica That sounds amazing! I'm not asking for identifying details, but would you mind sharing what brought you to Africa, what moved you around, and any other general information you feel comfortable sharing? 

This time around it’s Mr.Subsaharan Africa’s job. In a previous life I was here on my own doing the kind of thing young college graduates tend to do when they want too do some good and have no idea what to do with their lives. 

14 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Using the death of another person to grift money for himself, that guy is shameless.

Not the first time he's done that.  Remember his late sister Sarah?

Life got in the way and I haven't been keeping up with FJ or Shrader.  I need to catch up on the last couple of weeks of Shrader posts, and I see there was a lot to discuss.

Hot off the press, he has just penned yet another bad pome.  This time about his suffering children.  He seems to write po'try when things are not going well.  

"Do You Know Your Missionaries?"

Do you know your missionaries,
That by Faith your church supports
Or are they just a name to you,
On the wall from their letters of report?

Do you know about their children,
Growing up in distant lands
Far away from Grandma and Grandpa,
As for the Gospel they take a stand?

Do you know about their heartaches,
As at times they're even mocked
Do you know that Satan fights them,
And their labors seeks to stop?

Do you know they're sometimes lonely,
Far from culture, comforts, home
Do you know how greatly encouraged,
They are to hear you on the phone?

Do you know that you can Skype them,
In your Services from far away
You can include them in your Missions Conference,
Even though in foreign countries they stay?

Did you know that they are longing,
Just to hear a few replies
Just to know that you are praying,
For their ministry, families and lives?

Did you know that they are grateful,
For the sacrifices that you make
And that when they pay their rent or eat,
They thank God when a bite they take?

Oh dear faithful one remember,
God is represented from you through them
But the Devil's always fighting,
To bring discouragement and tempt to sin

So value please your warriors,
Who on front lines for you fight
For we wrestle not against mere men,
But against principalities and spiritual wickedness fight

We need to know you're praying,
It's so easy for you to tell
With email, WhatsApp, or Messenger
How exciting to hear that electronic bell!

When we read a personal message,
Know one took a few seconds of time
To easily without cost contact us,
You've already got internet so it doesn't cost a dime!

I'm truly not complaining,
But "out of sight, out of mind"
It's amazing how very few contact us,
How so few will take the time

Please see my heart dear reader,
Please don't think I'm writing to complain
We thank God for all our churches,
But sometimes we are in pain

We are human not superheroes,
And we struggle just like you
But many missionaries don't have the blessing,
Of a "church family" to help them through

We can't just call our pastor,
Have him come and visit us
We thank God for internet calling,
But sometimes needing that personal touch

Often we are isolated,
Especially if Separated in Doctrine are we
And even lack close friendships,
With other missionaries

Please know this faithful Christian,
How important your prayers for us
Also when you send a few lines,
Just to tell us and keep in touch

Your support is very needed,
But "support" is a broad word
And this missionary would be so happy,
If a few are touched and this message heard

The support that missionaries looking for,
At least speaking from my heart
Is more important than offerings of dollars,
But caring communication your love to impart

As your missionaries serve so far away,
We've chosen this hard call
The Lord promises to strengthen,
But He wants to use us all

So as we go in place of you,
"Support" is quite the word
It means to "bear, sustain, uphold,"
There's so much to this verb

It also means "encourage,"
And take it from me my friend
You cannot imagine how uplifted we are,
When you a personal message send!

It takes so little time these days,
Most missionaries have the 'net
But Oh you can't imagine,
How delighted we are to get

A simple message, email, or note,
It doesn't have to be long
But when we hear from one who cares,
Our hearts break into song!

It doesn't have to be many lines, Just a paragraph or two,
But our souls with rapture thrill to think,
"Someone's actually thinking of you!"

If you will please consider,
My exhortation take to heart,
There is something you can easily do,
The Love of Christ to impart

Please know your missionaries,
Take the time to learn our names
And even get to know our kids,
Our wives and where we stay

And teach your children how to care,
For faithful ones to see
A living example of how to "support,"
Your church's different missionaries

You can help raise a generation,
That for the world shares God's Great Love
And also for those who gladly lay down their lives,
To bring eternal Souls to Heaven above.

Bro. John Shrader
Historic Unaffiliated Biblical Baptist Missionary
Zambia

*Please freely share

Composed November 5, 2018

As a former MK all I can say is that today's "missionaries," as described by Shrader, are soft.  And needy.  We managed with letters that took 6 weeks to get to us by sea and the occasional expensive airmail.  I don't remember a single phone call from "home" and email and skype had not been invented.  We did make friends locally, perhaps the Shraderlings aren't allowed that.  

I can name all Shrader's children.  I wonder if he can.

That is a long poem. Why must he insist on writing song long poems? 

John wouldn't have survived as a missionary even back in the 80's. We used to get missionary letters that took a long time to get to us and then it took a long time to get letters back. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

But "out of sight, out of mind"
It's amazing how very few contact us,
How so few will take the time

Please see my heart dear reader,
Please don't think I'm writing to complain
We thank God for all our churches,
But sometimes we are in pain

Oh John is for sure complaining. I think he is pissed people stopped focusing on him because another missionary family needs more support. John is one who needs constant adoration and praise. 

That poem is John's passive -aggressive whinge about being all but forgotten by his daddy's 'church family'. People have their own lives and problems. Families may set up direct debit payments or automatically fill their wee envelope marked John and Esther every Sunday, ( just guessing here, I haven't a clue how daddy's sheeple fund John!), but they almost certainly are not thinking of him or his family all day. Why should they? John is doing nothing to impact their lives other than grifting off them and sending a boring video/news letter every now and then. 

Wake up John. You are doing nothing important . At all. Zambia is a Christian country with churches galore. You really are not needed. At all. 

Ps. Possibly his funding is drying up faster than expected. The older folk will be dying off/ too frail to attend church. The newer folk may not care if John is a missionary or not. 

Often we are isolated,
Especially if Separated in Doctrine are we
And even lack close friendships,
With other missionaries

Bro. John Shrader
Historic Unaffiliated Biblical Separated in Doctrine Baptist Missionary
Zambia

Based on his poem, he probably needs to add even more words to his signature block.  It's too bad his Jesus is so darn picky about doctrine that missionaries don't interact.  

21 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Based on his poem, he probably needs to add even more words to his signature block.  It's too bad his Jesus is so darn picky about doctrine that missionaries don't interact.  

His signature block sounds like a hipster coffee order.

"Hi, yes, I'd like one large-family Zambian Missionary, extra White, with Baptist Doctrine...but can I get that doctrine historic, unaffiliated and separate?  Thanks!"

On 11/2/2018 at 10:47 PM, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

A widow and her eleventy young children? That’s sad. 

The bill sent by the government should not be sent to the widow and her eleventy children.  The bill should (and probably will) be sent to the sending church and mission board that sent unprepared and naive "missionaries" slap into a war zone without adequate insurance and (or) funds to get them out in an emergency already in the kitty.

Anyway, they have raised 98+K out of the initial 100K asked for on their Go Fund Me already.  And the appeal isn't stopping.  I hope they can raise enough to pay back the government for their (mission board and sending church) irresponsibility.

I do feel terrible for the widow and children in this situation.  However, they apparently went slap into the heart of the area where violent attacks were commonplace, trusting in their God to protect them from satanic attacks or bullets - whoever fired them.  Sorry, folks, it doesn't work like that.  Common sense should have told them to avoid Northwest Cameroon and Bamenda.

And apparently it takes the death of an American "missionary" to draw attention to the hundreds of other deaths, refugees fleeing in panic, and violent and bloody civil war going on in Cameroon right now.

That said, @subsaharanafrica is right.  It is possible to live and raise children in "yellow zones" without being irresponsible.  I also assume she (or rather husband) is working with a company that has the where-with-all to get one or all of them out in an emergency, have adequate medical insurance, and are registered with and would obey orders from the Embassy or Consulate to get out if things turned pear-shaped.  

I was raised that way (yellow zones) in three countries and my parents did have a knack of getting us out of them before the shit really hit the fan.  I do question a bit why they continued to stay in one country for 4 years after they had decided it was no longer safe for us to visit though.  Granted my brother and I were both over 18 and living independently by then, but it was anxiety-making for us that they were still there.

I consider it to have been a great experience to have been a TKC.  @subsaharanafrica if you haven't done so yet I recommend looking at the TKC literature and websites around these days.  They do a nice job of talking about the pros and cons.  I still think the pros outweigh the cons.

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

People have their own lives and problems.

Like the fact that last year there was massive flooding in that area and it bound to have impacted church members. I'm sure between that and just life in general Daddy's church members have more to do then send John pats on the back each day. 

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Families may set up direct debit payments or automatically fill their wee envelope marked John and Esther every Sunday, ( just guessing here, I haven't a clue how daddy's sheeple fund John!), but they almost certainly are not thinking of him or his family all day.

Usually the church sends it out from the offering. Sometimes they have separate missionary promise cards where you pledge a certain amount each month to give to the church to go to missions. I would bet a grifted accordion that the issues with Daddy Shrader's church and losing church members last year involved John and his constant need for money while his "ministry" is just a revolving door of people who eventually get tired of him. 

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Anyway, they have raised 98+K out of the initial 100K asked for on their Go Fund Me already.  And the appeal isn't stopping. 

And this is why John is writing poetry to beg people to pay attention to him. John doesn't share the spotlight. 

Thank you FormerGothardite.  Daddy Shrader's sheeple have hopefully if belatedly realised that they are pouring their hard earned money into a John shaped bottomless pit. 

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yes, John you are. ?

Oh, John.....

You insist on being INDEPENDENT, UNAFFILIATED, and SEPARATED. What do you think those words mean? I'll help you out. It means you're basically alone, with no support system. You can't claim to be better than everyone else and then act surprised when you have no one to live life with. You live in a Christian country. You SHOULD have a pastor and a church family. You SHOULD be under someone else's authority. You SHOULD be working WITH existing churches and pastors to meet the goals they established, with their knowledge and experience in Zambia. before you were even born. But no. Nobody knows as much as you do, especially not (whispers) black people. 

God, I pity Esther. 

John is throwing a mission conference for men only. 

Theme: The Purity and Preservation of Biblical Baptist churches and The King James Bible (Baptist History and Bible History)

Cost: There is NO Cost for the conference, all meals and syllabus provided, tents available for the approximately first 30-35 conference attendees.

Speakers: We have a special speaker coming from America who specializes in Baptist History and King James Bible history, you won't want to miss it! I will also teach a few sessions.

Schedule: The Conference starts Monday pm at 18 in Kafue. There will be morning, afternoon, and evening sessions Tue-Thur. The Conference ends Thursday night, so as to allow you to return to your places on Friday.

Registration: We are requesting you PLEASE give us the courtesy of pre-registration.

Wives: Due to lack of proper accommodations, we are not recommending wives attend this first conference.

Hope to see you there!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived