IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

i can't imagine what the tiny church in oxford was thinking...why would they decide to support this fool? did they not look into his history at all?
Yes, but that would mean unnecessary research, work, and relying on factual evidence on the part of the sending church - essentially the work of the Devil! I'm sure Shrader was due a 3rd (4th/5th/whatever) chance based on his concept of I Deserve It, So Provide It (KJV Chapter Somewhere Verse In The Back ...) [emoji849]

But in all seriousness, until churches like these do their homework properly, they stand a higher chance of being fleeced by swindlers like Shrader and his family. It should take more than a video and a testimonial from his father to prove he is worthy. That money could be used for the congregation at home or for reputable charities where they are. Supporting missionaries alone in developing countries is problematic. Supporting Shrader is wrong.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DooDahDame said:

Episcopal Churches homilies (sermons) average about 12 minutes and ours are usually thought provoking. I guess John missed the memo about the less you say the more they will remember. 

I thought the well was for church members (and John) when it was first dug. Did I misremember?

There was a family raising guide dogs for the blind in my church. One day two dogs let out loud sighs at the same time. Pasture laughter and said god was telling her to cut to the chase. 

There was a family raising guide dogs for the blind in my church. One day two dogs let out loud sighs at the same time. Pasture laughter and said god was telling her to cut to the chase. 
'I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but I'm a busy dog! I've got people to help and things to sniff, so if you coul- I mean, Bark bark siggghhhhhh ...' [emoji38][emoji240]

15 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

I've got people to help and things butts to sniff, so if you coul-

ftfy

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Bible memory, Baptism mentioned, and Blessings in Mongu and here!

That's a lot of BM's John's got going on there. 

39 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's a lot of BM's John's got going on there. 

John is full of shit so it's easy for him.

John wrote another long super boring poem. It seems to be justifying how he has been in Zambia so long but doesn't have a lot to show for it. 

So when the fruit's not coming,
Multitudes not being saved
It seems that few are listening,
And we're tempted to dismay

Oh friend let us remember,
Unseen God is working still
And one day in that bright future,
We will view it with a thrill

John is also joining a monthly subscription where his kids learn about various missionaries each month. John will be featured in it one month. 

https://bbmissions.org/passport

Incredible new Missionary Interaction Opportunity for Kids!

Our friends the Stahlman family has put together an amazing missions kids club called "Passport To Missions." We've never seen ANYTHING like this before, and think it's a totally AWESOME idea! We're truly AMAZED!

We're so excited about this our family is a paying subscriber too!

We are also humbled to announce that our family will be featured in the March mailout.

We encourage you to check it out, and tell others. We also participated in a special family version of their Missions Boot Camp before coming to the Field, something Independent Baptists are blessed to have access to. Check it out at:

Oh, shit.  Now Makaisiville looks incredibly benign.

Are they going to feature Michael Chau and Charles Wesco too?

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

This is the Stahlmans raising their ugly heads again.  From the "bootcamp" in MO where Shrader and Rea were taught to chase and kill a domestic pig and take stupid risks driving off-road with their children unsecured in the 4WD cars.  They nearly turned over a car pretending to ford a river.  And I think John learned to suture a ham hock as "medical training."

I took a quick look and the whole thing has a pseudo-military feel to it.  My emphasis added.

Research

Very little is known about the religious, cultural, and social aspects of the countries we visit. This research lays the groundwork for us to be able to conduct an effective survey trip.

Objective: Learn the history of Christianity and spiritual condition of the people.

Recon

In order to verify our information and make friendly contacts we go behind enemy lines into closed and restricted countries. 

Objective: look for open doors through which the gospel may be communicated. Search for entry visa oportunities [sic].

Through The Pioneer Project magazine, and personal presentations hundreds of churches hear about the people and opportunities of these isolated places.

Objective: Encourage a pioneeer [sic] movement in local churches.

Recruit

Jesus said, "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborours are few." We are praying for men and women to go into these unreached places and establish Bible preaching churches.

Objective: Facilitate return trips with prospective missionaries.

And check out their staffing.  https://bbmissions.org/about

Very little is known? Unreached places? Please. 

And their staff is all white men in their 40s - 60s; no surprises there. 

54 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

And their staff is all white men in their 40s - 60s; no surprises there. 

The "Chief Medical Instructor" is a paramedic, which is better than nothing.  However,  he only has a MA in Public Administration.  And was a member of a manly SWAT team.

Also note that 2 of those white men are not disclosing their last names because they are trying to get into closed countries under false pretenses. 

And look at the pics of manly guns, safari hats, and dead crocs.  One of the staff even wants to show us his manly knife collection. :D

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived