IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

John managed to slither by on his last brush with the law relative to his visa status and is somehow still in country; however, he's on a manic high again and may be ready to take risks.

Idle speculation that there are citizens who aren't so much into obnoxious white missionaries trying to convert people and are objecting to his relentless leaflet-ing littering by calling his actions to the attention of the authorities. 

Or maybe John's reputation has preceded him. 

John scrubbing (the only housecleaning he does) is always an interesting prelude. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John's dad needs help in his church. 

Praying for an unaffiliated Baptist, old-fashioned hearted, King James Bible loving, repentance believing, separated in life practicing (Christ honoring dress, music, no "C.C.M." or "Southern Gospel," etc.) individual or couple with a heart for servant leadership and discipleship. Oh, NO CALVINISM! (See my poem "Calvin Was A Catholic Lawyer" on my "Quill And Bible" page!) They would also need to not be antagonistic towards homeschooling and those who trust the Lord with their family size. 

If God had not so clearly led and confirmed for us to be here in Africa, I fit all those descriptions,

I think Daddy doesn't really want John back, though. Ladies need not apply.

If you're a single lady who fits this description and God touches your heart, maybe to come help with music and children's ministry, please pray about it! Lol, not the assistant or successor part, and the church could not provide a salary for such.a lady, it would be a step of faith).

I wonder if John is the reason his dad has lost members. 

just lost some church members over a stand for Truth. He has never wavered. 

John is now a:

Historic, Unapologetic, Unaffiliated, Separated Baptist

If you're a single lady who fits this description and God touches your heart, maybe to come help with music and children's ministry, please pray about it! Lol, not the assistant or successor part, and the church could not provide a salary for such.a lady, it would be a step of faith).

If you are a lady, we REALLY need your work and labor.  Lol, but not in any way we will recognize with a title that respectfully indicates the work you do.  And we CERTAINLY wont compensate you for it.  Lol women's work is worthless and not valuable to us in any form.

But also we really need your help, so please give it to us anyway thx.

I love how John, in the middle of advertising a job for his father has to advertise his facebook page of bad poetry. He has a new poem, it is one of his worsts. 

It doesn't appear the church will be paying a guy that much money either. Probably because a good chunk of church funds have to go to keep John living his missionary fantasy. 

Those just looking for a job, or a different job, need not contact. Dad and mom came by faith, and it will take someone with faith. Someone whose first question is not, "How much will it pay?" but rather, "Is this God's Will?"

11 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I love how John, in the middle of advertising a job for his father has to advertise his facebook page of bad poetry. He has a new poem, it is one of his worsts. 

It doesn't appear the church will be paying a guy that much money either. Probably because a good chunk of church funds have to go to keep John living his missionary fantasy. 

I do always love how OTHER people should live by faith alone and not expect a paycheck for their services, but when you suggest that grifters like John ought to do the same, suddenly their scripture verses on how Jesus REALLY wants people who do his work to be paid by the community.

So which is it, John?  Are you supposed to go only by faith and not expect the community to pay for your support?  Or are those who do Jesus' work entitled to expect support from their communities for that labor?  

But you're right: that church could easily afford to pay an assistant pastor's salary if they just cut John-boy and his 0 souls net conversion gain off the Jesus teat.   

Ok... I’m gathering my thoughts

1. The plug for a woman who would like to ‘help out for free’ wtaf 

2. John petting himself and saying he’d be perfect for the job... I can’t decide if he’s signaling that he wants to come home and do this... that he might have to because things are going south in Zambia... or if he’s just stroking his own ego.

3. This is the worst job advert I’ve ever seen. If you fit within these extremely narrow parameters AND don’t want to make much money THIS is the place for you...

4. In the job advert he says his dad just lost parishioners over doctrinal dispute... not a great selling point for most churches.

5. Said disputes may have been over size of family. Is someone complaining about supporting john’s brood abroad?

6. Their ‘christianity’ is so narrow and so legalistic. It’s disgusting honestly. They must really need to feel superior to everyone.

there. Whew. I think I recovered... he said way more than I think he realizes with that post...

Omg and saying the woman couldn’t be the assistant pastor and ‘lol’.... again, he’s writing like a 12 year old kid or something. Just weird as hell and of course offensive to boot!

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I do always love how OTHER people should live by faith alone and not expect a paycheck for their services, but when you suggest that grifters like John ought to do the same, suddenly their scripture verses on how Jesus REALLY wants people who do his work to be paid by the community.

So which is it, John?  Are you supposed to go only by faith and not expect the community to pay for your support?  Or are those who do Jesus' work entitled to expect support from their communities for that labor?   

But Georgiana, don't you know that John has never asked for money, ever ever ever?  Sure, he's mentioned 1000 times that he really needs a new plane/photoshoot/building etc etc and asked people pray that God provides it, and talks incessantly about how he could save so many souls if only he had a new toy, and bangs on about how blessed people are who give things, but he's absolutely stunned, stunned I tell you, when people give him things!  It's totally unexpected!  It's a true miracle how after John has mentioned 20 times that he needs something, and his dad has asked people to give money, that God mysteriously provides it!

Dying at this - thank you so much, @formergothardite!

If God had not so clearly led and confirmed for us to be here in Africa, I fit all those descriptions,

I'm imagining how the conversation went - I bet Papa Shrader started off by getting John to talk aaaallllll about how God wants John to be in Zambia, and only Zambia, and there are so many signs... and then did a bait & switch, with a "Shame about that, because this job would be so suitable, but you're right, God wants you in Zambia, too bad so sad for me, but what can we do, God has spoken" etc etc

So they want someone who will trust god with the size of their family and not negotiate a salary up front... They may as well advertise by saying “Those with a basic understanding of arithmetic need not apply as they are clearly overqualified”

5 hours ago, Lurky said:

I bet Papa Shrader started off by getting John to talk aaaallllll about how God wants John to be in Zambia, and only Zambia, and there are so many signs... and then did a bait & switch

Well, John describes his dad as a genius, ha ha!  Good work, Papa Shrader!  If John's dad steps away from the church (i.e., retirement), I wonder how motivated his successor will be to keep John and family on the missionary payroll.  I don't know how these things work, but John's dad possibly exaggerated how well his son is managing in sub-Saharan Africa and beyond to keep the funds rolling in.

To be honest, the whole job description describes JRods family. They are exactly who the Shraders are looking for. 

I wondered if John was trying to set up an excuse for him to come back to the U.S. No, he didn't get kicked out of the country, he left voluntarily to help his father! Although I'm not sure his father would actually want his help...

2 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

To be honest, the whole job description describes JRods family. They are exactly who the Shraders are looking for. 

I would be happy to connect them! The Schraders deserve to have the Rods inflicted upon them for what they continue to inflict upon Zambia. 

8 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Except the JRods don't work....they grift.

7 hours ago, turquoise said:

I wondered if John was trying to set up an excuse for him to come back to the U.S. No, he didn't get kicked out of the country, he left voluntarily to help his father! Although I'm not sure his father would actually want his help...

My thoughts exactly. No way is John ever going to admit that his grand Zambian adventure has failed so miserably. Even Daddy's faithful followers are going to get sick of financing John's jolly folly eventually. 

On 10/19/2018 at 10:41 AM, formergothardite said:

John is now a:

John is, and continues to be, a narcissistic dick, using religion as a cover for his arrogance. 

John says

They would also need to not be antagonistic towards homeschooling and those who trust the Lord with their family size. 

Translation:  continue to support my grift or else!  Is Dad Shrader anti birth control, or if this is something John came up with on his very own?  Or maybe it comes from Esther? 

I'm amazed that John continues to have an operational member, considering how often he steps on his own dick.

I'll just let myself out now.

I don't know. I think his dad will find somewhere to put him that isn't in the states. He has already tried having John work at the church with him and that was a flop. It is much, much harder to hide John's ups and downs from tithing church members when they can see him on a regular basis. 

I really think that he will stay out of the country until his dad can no longer pastor a church and there is no one left to frantically find money for John. 

17 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

OMG genius!  Someone send Jill the job ad, it would be beautiful!  (Except I think the Shraders would definitely frown on the Rod approach to light makeup and feminine adornment etc etc etc....)

David Rod would be perfect for the vacancy at Tri-County church. He would bore the congregation so badly at every service that they would willingly give money for John's shennanagins just to Shut David up. Win win!! ( for the Shraders, not for poor Zambia).

On 10/19/2018 at 11:41 AM, formergothardite said:

I cannot express how disappointed I am that this does not fit the rhythm of Sweet Transvestite, Sympathy for the Devil, Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious, The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo or The Biggest Aspidistra in the World. 

I will keep searching for a song, though.

ETA  - none of the Gilbert and Sullivan patter songs seem to work either. I may just settle for "The Biggest Baptist Asshole in the World," to the tune of The Biggest Aspidistra in the World, though.

A book could (and should) be written of his life and work, 

Something tells me that Johnny will be writing a book about his dad soon! It'll take him a while to find enough alliteration & rhymes to fill an entire book, but he'll do it!

I managed to include Historic, Unapologetic, Unaffiliated, and Separated! Of course, there's a lot of competition for this title, so we may have to re-write it for someone else someday. But, for now, with apologies to the great Gracie Fields and her famous plant:

For years Rick had a son as torpid as a flower pot
He was lazy, he was nuts, he had it all.
Dad wanted him to go -- far away, as we all know,
He’d a notion to convince John he’d “The Call.”
So John crossed the ocean wide to get to Zambia
And he's planted churches, but they seem to fall.

He says he’s an Historic, Unapologetic guy,
He’s the biggest Baptist asshole in the world!
When he’s not cowering in his bed, he acts just like he’s high,

No thought he gives the culture as through Africa he’ll traipse,
He often goes all fighting mad and getting into scrapes.
Just be glad he’s not in bear-skin playing Tarzan of the apes!

He’s disappointed Roderick, Handia, Boyd and yes, Arcade,
He’s the best at weaving thorns for his own crown.
His bile stuffs up his brain, thinks he’s Abel, but he’s Cain,
Alienated half the folks inside the town!
He may call himself a Separated Baptist,
But I don’t think that means burn your bridges down!

A tom cat with no place to prowl, his wife must bear it all,
With the biggest Baptist asshole in the world!
He’s no help to poor dear Esther when the kids begin to sprout,

He’s Unaffiliated, and he’s Separated, see?
I think that he imagines that means “Jesus just loves ME!”
So I'd like to hang a notice ‘round his neck, to say, with glee:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived