IGNORED

Mr and Mrs Jill Duggar 58: The D’Wreckoning

samurai_sarah

Imagine being friends with people when you're both just covertly attempting to convert each other to your own religion to whole time.

Imagine if Jill decided she wanted to convert to Islam...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OfJill was definitely there. Jill wrote in the description that he was in the men's section "with his friends." ("Friends." Sure, Jan.)

I can only imagine what an ass he made out of himself there.

It's really sad that most of their "friendships" are made with an ulterior motive.

Derick has never really posted any pictures of him with friends. Does he have any?

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Before I go to sleep I often think about how I will spend the money when I win a huge lottery win. Who I will share with, how much will go to savings, charity, spending? How will I hide it so people don’t threat me differently? Will I work? How much? Where I will buy houses is the most important part. If I get that far I decorate the houses too. 

Once I’ve got my plan ready I’ll start buying lottery tickets. :D

I do that too. Yes indeed. And I think I may start buying tickets, but cheap ones. I don’t really understand the whole business. 

Out of respect, I cover my head when I visit a mosque; I cover my shoulders when I visit a cathedral... these are voluntary visits on my part, Why didn't Jill cover her head? How freaking hard is it to put on a headscarf?

I can't judge her for not covering her hair without knowing all the details. They may have explicitly been told to not worry about it.

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

It's really sad that most of their "friendships" are made with an ulterior motive.

Derick has never really posted any pictures of him with friends. Does he have any?

I'd be surprised if either of them had any true non sibling friends. Both of them have seemingly awful personalities. 

15 hours ago, BernRul said:

You said it better than I could. This is what I learned as a teacher. Unfortunately, I think a lot of fundies homeschool their kids to memorize things and do little else, since thinking too deeply about their brand of Christianity creates problems. I have no reason to doubt that Jill, who was likely just taught to memorize herself, won't teacher her kids simple memorization. 

It's possible. I'm 27. 

52 here. 

Derick is following countless twitter law school accounts and LSAT prep accounts. It looks like he is going to try to apply to law school. 

9E66DB19-74C5-41F5-B56B-844531C955F2.png

6 minutes ago, muggleborn said:

Derick is following countless twitter law school accounts and LSAT prep accounts. It looks like he is going to try to apply to law school. 

9E66DB19-74C5-41F5-B56B-844531C955F2.png

who would want him to be their lawyer? 

9 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Aren't all adult women supposed to wear head coverings in mosques? I noticed Jill isn't wearing one.

I'm not Muslim, but I've been to mosques for funeral services for loved ones. IME, you take off your shoes and men and women are separated, but non-Muslim women weren't required to have any kind of head covering. I imagine it depends on the occasion and situation, but if she was invited and there with a friend, it sounds like she was following protocol.

Law school, hahahahaha!

Lord, spare our profession, we have a million problems as it is. I went to a great law school, without giving myself away it ranks in the top 10 in the country (between 6-9 for full disclosure). First of all, it's extremely expensive. Even in-state schools have tuitions in the $30K/year, with elite schools >$60K/year. Even with financial aid, it's tough and scholarships are very competitive. So that's 3 years of slogging it through and unless OfJill goes to some hack Christian law school, he's going to be exposed to a lot of evil liberal activism. Then you have to find work, and successful lawyers work really hard. The ones who go into ultra-competitive corporate law firms easily work 80, 90, 100 hours a week in the early years (been there, done that). You are the lowest on the totem pole, a nobody who is at the behest of the partners and your clients. I don't for a second see OfJill having the necessary work ethic to enter this field, nevermind succeed.

Now if he's talking about one of those joke Christian, often uncredited schools, then sure, he can become a "lawyer" in name only and not much else. But those aren't cheap either and the employment rates after graduation are dismal.

This particular instance isn't appropriation at all. She's a guest at a dinner that the people at the mosque are willingly sharing with her. If she decides to start her own Christian iftar that would be a different matter.

11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

who would want him to be their lawyer? 

Persecuted Christians everywhere!  Because they are everywhere you know.  :pb_rollseyes:

Either that or he wants to sue TLC and can't find a lawyer to take his case so he's decided to become a lawyer.  That sounds like his M.O.

Ohhh, wasn't Josh planning to go to law school at some point? I remember FJ poking fun about something regarding Josh and being a lawyer, but I don't remember the details and trying to google just gets results about his recent legal troubles.

Me thinks Derick wants to do anything BUT work a daily job to support his family. He's like a teenager.

I wonder if JB has to dole out MORE support money to the Dillards and that's why they don't have a home????

Maybe they are taking a cue from Westboro Baptist? Aren't most of them lawyers? If I remember correctly that's part of how they get away with being so terrible, they have a lot of lawyers in the family.

17 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Persecuted Christians everywhere!  Because they are everywhere you know.  :pb_rollseyes:

Either that or he wants to sue TLC and can't find a lawyer to take his case so he's decided to become a lawyer.  That sounds like his M.O.

Derick best start his Send-Me-To-Law-School GoFundMe soon.

I can’t help but think Jeremy’s acceptance to an actual divinity school has something to do with OfJill’s sudden interest in law school. He’s positively green over not being the most accomplished Duggar in-law. 

And I could see this going one of two ways. Either he does that unaccredited fundie correspondence law school that’s popular in their circles; or, he gets accepted to a real law school but can’t hack the courses and/or the ACTUAL JOB he would be expected to get after graduation.

OfJill is just a gritfting loser. 

On 5/23/2018 at 12:09 PM, PainfullyAware said:

This is a surgery that I have had to contemplate for several years due to pelvic pain and endometriosis. I hope you're aware that it causes lifelong health problems, including an increased risk of death, especially for younger women who have the procedure. Just one tidbit to consider: "The study found that women younger than 35 had a 4.6-fold higher risk of congestive heart failure and a 2.5-fold greater risk of coronary artery disease, or a buildup of plaque in the arteries". So wishing a hysterectomy on her is wishing an increased risk of congestive heart failure. Since I hope that's not what you intended to say, I'll give you the benefit the doubt. Just please don't discuss hysterectomies lightly again.

I had a hysterectomy on my 30th birthday.....and two heart attacks when I was 45......

Derick doesn't actually want to practice law, he wants the idea of being a lawyer.  I have no doubt he could get into Cooley or some other terrible unaccredited school, but what would he do afterward?  He's so publicly unpredictable that no reputable private firm or government agency could hire him; they'd fear the PR disaster.  He might get into a think tank or policy job, but he doesn't seem terribly interested in politics/networking.  FFS, he never even seems particularly interested in even reading books.  

He, like so many entitled and spoiled young men I met in law school, has low self-esteem and constantly wants external validation that he REALLY IS as smart as he thinks he is.  That's why he wants to go to law school.  He wants that law degree to wave in peoples' faces when they call him (rightly) a loser.  

I know that I went to law school not because I really wanted to be a lawyer, but because I'd been out of college for a couple of years, hated my job and had no idea what I wanted to do - so hey, why not buy some time by going back to school.  It turned out that I really liked it and I love being a lawyer, but it all started as a way to avoid dealing with the fact that I didn't really like my life as it was.

Of course it's possible that Mr. Jill has a great calling to be an attorney but my guess is that his story is more like mine.  And I think he could do OK with a law degree if he's willing to put in the work to get it (a very big if).  Sure, he's not going to get into a top law school or work for a big national firm, but there are lots of people who go to mid-tier schools, work for a small firm or sole practitioner and do fine.  But I wonder if he realizes how much work law school is - especially with small kids and a clingy wife that also need your attention.  I just can't imagine him being willing to work that hard.

29 minutes ago, ShesCrafty said:

I can’t help but think Jeremy’s acceptance to an actual divinity school has something to do with OfJill’s sudden interest in law school. He’s positively green over not being the most accomplished Duggar in-law. 

And I could see this going one of two ways. Either he does that unaccredited fundie correspondence law school that’s popular in their circles; or, he gets accepted to a real law school but can’t hack the courses and/or the ACTUAL JOB he would be expected to get after graduation.

OfJill is just a gritfting loser. 

Gotta say, I agree. If you think about it, he was for a short time "The" Duggar son-in-law. Everyone wanted to talk to him, see him, he was a star. 

1 minute ago, Frumper said:

I know that I went to law school not because I really wanted to be a lawyer, but because I'd been out of college for a couple of years, hated my job and had no idea what I wanted to do - so hey, why not buy some time by going back to school.  It turned out that I really liked it and I love being a lawyer, but it all started as a way to avoid dealing with the fact that I didn't really like my life as it was.

Of course it's possible that Mr. Jill has a great calling to be an attorney but my guess is that his story is more like mine.  And I think he could do OK with a law degree if he's willing to put in the work to get it (a very big if).  Sure, he's not going to get into a top law school or work for a big national firm, but there are lots of people who go to mid-tier schools, work for a small firm or sole practitioner and do fine.  But I wonder if he realizes how much work law school is - especially with small kids and a clingy wife that also need your attention.  I just can't imagine him being willing to work that hard.

I can't see him really following through on it. His mouth will get him in trouble if not his work ethic or his family. 

I have so many thoughts about this.

If Derick is really planning on going to law school, it appears that he just wasted over $10,000 on this fake ministry program. Okay, people do programs all the time only to realize they're not for them - but most of those people aren't begging for donations from strangers to fund them.

I have little doubt that Derick will be planning on attending one of those hack Christian law schools.

While I would applaud Derick's apparent sudden and newfound initiative to actually work for a living, going into law is like the worst possible thing he could do, for himself, for his family, and for society in general. There is no way that an extremely emotionally immature and bigoted fundamentalist Christian with an anger problem who can't seem to stop himself from picking fights with people on social media should ever be a lawyer.

Derick is in for a huge wake up call if he actually tries to pursue this. I know we have a few lawyers on FJ, but I'll give my perspective as the daughter of a lawyer anyway. Being a lawyer is hard. It is stressful. It is exhausting. You wake up early and get home late. You're consumed by paperwork. You have to deal with difficult people all the time. You have to deal with people criticizing you and challenging you all the time. You have to be able to communicate clearly and rationally. You're beholden to people other than yourself. You have to be willing to work overtime when the need arises (which is often). I could go on.

If he is seriously thinking about this, this has got to be one of his worst ideas yet, unless he somehow undergoes a complete personality transplant.

So a man that six months ago wanted to be a pastor and was asking for $$$ to fund his education now wants to be an attorney??? I am utterly confused on how a man with a dependent wife incapable of working and two small children thinks he has enough freedom to go flitting around from one thing to the next in this manner? I mean, follow your dreams, but damn, at some point (and having THREE dependents and waiting on the fourth to be announced soon, if history is any indication) is that point. Pick a lane!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived