IGNORED

Josh, Anna, and the M&Ms: Part 17

Jellybean

9 hours ago, Firebird said:

My monster, Jackson and my kitty, Toothless. Jack is 85 pounds and just turned 10 months. He has enough energy to power a small country, but he's my baby. Toothless is still adapting to not completely ruling the roost. Both are cuddle bugs. We call it asault cuddles...as they have a tendency to maul you in love. Jack hasn't figured out his size yet.20180628_135705.thumb.jpg.9efb828875435da633d9389bccaff68f.jpg

I’m tired this morning and didn’t scroll far enough on my phone and was like...that cat is NOT 85lbs. Then I saw the dog and the light bulb came on

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your pets are giving me life!

We're having TOUGH adolescent autism days here (read: NEED SCHOOL STRUCTURE ASAP) and I am loving all of these photos of your babies! 

animals>people 

(except most FJ people of course)

I'm loving all the pet pictures :my_heart:

The congratulations videos are finally up, here's Josh and Anna's video:

5 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Your pets are giving me life!

We're having TOUGH adolescent autism days here (read: NEED SCHOOL STRUCTURE ASAP) and I am loving all of these photos of your babies! 

animals>people 

(except most FJ people of course)

If you ever come to Texas feel free to drop by and love on some spoiled but incredibly affectionate  kitties :)

5 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

I'm loving all the pet pictures :my_heart:

The congratulations videos are finally up, here's Josh and Anna's video:

I noticed they had Anna say the part about being glad to have another sister-in-law this time.

21 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Have I shared photos of my grandhogger?

This is GryffindorDisappointment's hedgehog:

fullsizeoutput_c37.jpeg

Here’s a fun hedgehog story. Several years ago my nephew had one, and I had gone to visit with my dog. They had a menagerie at the time (dog, cats, fish, finches, anole lizards, frog, hamsters), and my dog was a little too excited to meet a new friend. He approached the hedgehog a little too rowdily and she put her quills up. My dog failed to notice and went in for a healthy sniff, then yelped over getting poked in the nose. He didn’t make the connection and very suddenly tried again, and got poked again. As he backed away, he stepped on a pigs ear and managed to jab himself in the toes. At this point, the poor baby was completely traumatized; he never went near the hedgehog again, and still refuses to chew on pigs ears. 

ETA:  hit send before adding photo; he likes the chickens just fine.

DE37B306-D821-4719-BD04-59BC225F0CA6.jpeg

Marcus is very definitely a Keller and Michael is pure Duggar !

Hmm... waxy Ice cream. Is this thing now? 

Annas eyes don’t match her words in that photo.

40 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Annas eyes don’t match her words in that photo.

Truer words, never spoken. 

Anna’s dress looks to possibly be a blush version of Lauren’s rehearsal dress? Can’t blame them it’s a really cute dress! (with a bit of an odd sleeve length)

I actually liked what I heard from Anna. Her voice sounded more mature than before, and perhaps even a bit more confident? She didn't sound like a little girl. And she didn't use the words "blessing", "love for the Lord" or "precious". She even threw in an "Enjoy the honeymoon". Yeah. Improvement, I say.

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

I actually liked what I heard from Anna. Her voice sounded more mature than before, and perhaps even a bit more confident? She didn't sound like a little girl. And she didn't use the words "blessing", "love for the Lord" or "precious". She even threw in an "Enjoy the honeymoon". Yeah. Improvement, I say.

YES. She sounds like a completely different person, in a good way. No more baby voice!

Here's our little old lady, Maggie Moo the Wonder Beagle.  She's 14 and really showing her age, she probably has dementia coming on.  She's our baby.  We are going to enjoy her for however long she has, it's about quality of life for her. We don't want to make that decision but eventually we may need to.

Maggie car June 2018 A.jpg

After my grandma moved into a home (dementia) my mom was ready to move out of the house and on with her life. The question remained of what to do with poor 19 year old Percy. He too had become senile. He yowled, and yowled. He only ever loved grandma. She brushed him every day. He actually became somewhat affectionate. Mom was allergic though.

Finally he retired to live with my aunt in the southwest. You guys would like her. No kids, all furbabies. Many with special needs. Kitty with wheels who needed ramps. Three legged kitty. Electrocuted kitty. Kitty with a litter of stillborns still in her belly. She gave Pers his tuna in springwater and he made it another nine months or so

8 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Well at least kids are cute.. Anna looks great. And skip the last photo. :angry-screaming:

Is that the same dress that Michelle wore to the wedding? I think I saw a picture of Lauren in a white version too. 

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

Is that the same dress that Michelle wore to the wedding? I think I saw a picture of Lauren in a white version too. 

I wondered the same thing. It certainly looks a lot like Michelle's dress. 

12 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Sadly, disgustingly, predictably (insert your adjective here) People magazine has a piece online about Anna’a latest post. 

https://people.com/tv/anna-duggar-past-10-years-wonderful-adventure-husband-josh/

Just saw this headline pop up in my newsfeed.   Ugh,  a wonderful adventure?

And she uses the term "redeeming grace".  Guess the redemption tour is about to begin?

Leaving Joshly out of the picture, Anna hasn't ever said anything hateful or mean about non-fundies, has she? I'm asking because I mostly have read things Josh has done..  his awfulness. 
I think she has a kinder and sweeter heart, or maybe is only quieter, than most of the adult Duggarlings, maybe?

I read the article earlier today. I could be wrong, but I feel extremely sorry for her growing up with so few opportunities as she did and then marrying such a rotten guy when she was still so very young. Now that she's older and time has passed between the last scandal and her present comments, it seems to me that it's her marriage,  her life, and her sweet children.  If she's happy, truly happy, who is really qualified to doubt or question the choices she's had to make to forgive, to stay in the marriage, and to even have another of his children, despite  her D-bag husband's scandals? She grew up in a patriarchal home, she's never known anything else, and some people tend to find the familiar to be the most comfortable place to stay. 

Thinking of how I'd feel and probably react if my husband were to be on national news sites for doing what Josh's done, I would not likely have her ability to forgive and also to keep on keeping on every day with all those little children being the joy and the focus. Maybe it takes a stronger wife than I am or can be to forgive the known transgressions he committed against their marriage, against her, and their children. 

I wish her and the children the very best life possible for them to have, and hope it's exactly what she wants and needs now and in the future. I truly think Anna deserves a happy and untroubled life after all she's been through. 

Note, Not leg humping, but genuinely hoping all the badness she endured is past.  I do wish the family would stay in the background, though.. I don't think anyone will ever forget what Josh's done to his sisters and to his wife. 

@WasBlind Anna's said some pretty horrific things about abortion - using one of her early pregnancies to campaign against it.  She's also been very clear about the party line.  She doesn't deserve what Josh did to her (no one does), but she's as hard core fundy as they come (possibly even more so than Josh).

13 hours ago, imokit said:

@WasBlind Anna's said some pretty horrific things about abortion - using one of her early pregnancies to campaign against it.  She's also been very clear about the party line.  She doesn't deserve what Josh did to her (no one does), but she's as hard core fundy as they come (possibly even more so than Josh).

That was her pregnancy with Meredith. She posted this gem around a week before Josh was publicly outed for the molestations:

But yeah. Anna used to be super obnoxious about abortion on social media. You can browse through her old Instagram posts to see:

https://www.instagram.com/annaduggar

"Pre-born"? What an odd term. Even if a person is against abortion for themselves why is it any of thier business what someone else is doing? That's always been my question.

Well, because they believe that a baby is a human life. To them, it’s kind of like saying “well I don’t want to murder someone, but if I see a murder being committed in front of my eyes what business do I have interfering with what someone else is doing?” To them, every human baby’s life begins at conception, because that’s when the it’s individual existence (genetically distinct from its parents and with its own soul, given by God) begins. So the interpretation of their actions is that every abortion they prevent counts, because it’s one murder less, whether that’s by legal restriction or reducing availability. They think of themselves as saving an innocent child from the ill-informed murder at the hands of their own mother. And the concern for abortion is higher than for adult lives because unborn children are innocent and perfect in God’s eyes, so the murder of a child is worse than the murder of an adult in a way. 

Tl,dr: if you believe abortion is murder, it makes sense to want to prevent it for people around you. 

Disclaimer: The words above do not exactly reflect the views of the author, they’re just an explanation. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived