IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

You know, generally fundies are all obsessed with what OTHER people do with their genitals. It's odd but an interesting difference that the Maxwells are so focused on Steve's.

I mean, the girls can't show a little knee, and need to layer the shirts (and vests) to disguise their boobs, because modesty. But Steve talks about his balls more often than Lori Alexander talks about other womens' boobs and butts, and somehow that's modest.

Steve, out here in the real world, people don't much care what others do with their private parts, and it's not considered modest to go talking about them at, say, a wedding. We have this term: TMI. It means Too Much Information. And we all have way, way too much information about Steve's scrotum.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

But Steve talks about his balls more often than Lori Alexander talks about other womens' boobs and butts, and somehow that's modest

Tbf I think even Steve has to know talking about his junk is the opposite of tempting.  

Steve is the antidote to lust.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

IDK, I think Steve needs to show us a picture of his balls to PROVE said balls actually saw the knife! Man up Steve, balls to the wall and prove it!

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

IDK, I think Steve needs to show us a picture of his balls to PROVE said balls actually saw the knife! Man up Steve, balls to the wall and prove it!

I have no idea where you live, but if this happens I will find you and I will put a curse on you so awesome that your children’s children’s children will speak of it only in hushed, fearful tones.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

Wow.  Look who is having a temper tantrum this week.

I CAN’T

This was posted on February 6, 2019 by Steve Maxwell.

But you can.  If you want to.  Steve says so. 

At my suggestion a man repair or build something himself, I have often heard, “I couldn’t do that. My dad never taught me how.”

Or perhaps they are making excuses because you are being very bossy, Stevehovah.  I agree that it is a rather wimpy answer.  They should tell you to F off.

Pardon my candor, but so what! Anyone of average mental and physical ability can do just about anything he is determined to do. 

Mr. P is in pretty good shape and is definitely of above average mental ability, but he rarely repairs things around the house.  What I can't do by myself repair-wise he sometimes helps me with - but we usually pay people for the bigger things.  Why not?   They need the jobs and we can afford to pay them.

From my observation, initiative is usually lacking when “I can’t” is the excuse.

From my observation, Steve is a pompous ass and crushes the initiative of those around him to disagree with him.

This lack is generally due to a serious case of “couchpotatoitis” combined with “workaphobia” and “learnaphobia.”

Or they just don't want to follow your orders, Steve.  They may have better ways to spend their time.

The symptoms become even more obvious in the children of the stricken parent.  

Oh, shut up, Steve.  Mr. P got off his rear end and went to college and got a PhD when his parents thought college was something they couldn't do.

The good news/bad news, is that it is curable, but it is a rough, tough road. Feed the good appetites, and starve the bad. Cultivate a sense of pleasure and excitement from accomplishing things. 

Do what Steve tells you.  Or else.

Read these books with your children: Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single-Income Family and Buying a House Debt-Free. Discuss the books, and give your children a vision for an adulthood of enjoying work and being debt free. 

Steve's book sales must be in the toilet!

You can't make people buy your books, Steve.  Let alone make them read that garbage.  Or make them follow your controlling and asinine advice.  

Most of you have mortgages.

Bad people!  Bad, bad people!

Do you like that? Why not help your sons buy their first houses debt free as my five sons have? (I don’t say that to brag but so you know it is possible. Come on. If we can do it, you can.)

Yes, you are bloody bragging you conceited creep.  And while your sons now own houses, they were pretty crap fixer-uppers in a part of the USA where houses are really cheap.  Has John managed to get rid of the mold problem in the basement?  It looked rather dire and will come back if he doesn't fix the water seepage issue.

Some people value college educations, work their way through their degrees minimising debt, and have successful and intellectually rewarding lives.  And even buy their own houses using mortgages.  It is a perfectly good option and not a venal sin.  

Steve, your children are stunted in the areas of critical thinking and independent thought.  Some of them seem barely literate when you read their stumbling posts on the blog.  They lack imagination or the initiative to break free of the enmeshment.  Look at Anna's rejection of college.  Why not let Mary go to proper art classes? 

Obligatory Bible text.

“I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction” (Proverbs 24:30-32).

"I look at the field of control, and at the vineyard of the man void of understanding and compassion:  And, lo, it was all grown over with false Biblical teachings, and nettles had covered the initiative thereof, and the stone wall was impenetrable.  Then I saw, and considered it well; I looked upon it, and wanted those stunted minds to escape Maxhell."

Palimpsest.

Edited by Palimpsest
clean up
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 10

36 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Or perhaps they are making excuses because you are being very bossy, Stevehovah.  I agree that it is a rather wimpy answer.  They should tell you to F off.

HAHAHA I love it!

37 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Steve's book sales must be in the toilet!

You can't make people buy your books, Steve.  Let alone make them read that garbage.  Or make them follow your controlling and asinine advice.  

He also can't prevent people from buying his books USED. Oh the horror!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I am rather convinced he may never find them. They are so embarrassed by constantly being publicly displayed that they have shriveled up in shame.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Agreed, but people are often polite to the ranting old man in the supermarket car park. Also some men have no interest in fixing stuff or tinkering - they'd rather pay someone to build the fence, paint the hall, install the plumbing and use the time to play with their kids or go mountain biking or read a book or catch up with friends instead. Remember friends Steve? You must have had some at some point. Or at least people who tolerated you being around.

Also yes having the skills to fix up things in houses is useful. But so is having the skills to grow your own food. So Steve, where's your vineyard? Your veggie patch? Your fruit trees? It's not like you don't have time for it...

Edited by Ozlsn
More thoughts
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Tbf I think even Steve has to know talking about his junk is the opposite of tempting.  

Steve is the antidote to lust.

I am afraid that the next time I encouter male genitals irl I may have some sort of weird thought of the word “scrotum” and break into laughter or else become distracted from my motivations. One thing is certain, Maxhell will be on pause for at least a week if said encounter is planned in advance. 

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I am afraid that the next time I encouter male genitals irl I may have some sort of weird thought of the word “scrotum” and break into laughter or else become distracted from my motivations. One thing is certain, Maxhell will be on pause for at least a week if said encounter is planned in advance. 

If you ever see the genitals of a man of your choosing and Steve Maxwell comes to mind I promise you an FJ intervention.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you ever see the genitals of a man of your choosing and Steve Maxwell comes to mind I promise you an FJ intervention.

Do we have rescue ferrets for this?  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

Do we have rescue ferrets for this?  :pb_lol:

In a previous discussion about new recruits to the team I selected this stalwart looking lady as rescue mammal of choice.

Spoiler

pig.thumb.jpg.c73ba2caeb2efedb6a3a61fe80506f79.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

1 minute ago, AliceInFundyland said:

In a previous discussion about new recruits to the team I selected this stalwart looking lady as rescue mammal of choice.

Hide contents

pig.thumb.jpg.c73ba2caeb2efedb6a3a61fe80506f79.jpg

That would totally be @Palimpsest were she a rodent.

And yes, that IS a compliment.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Like I said the last time I posted it...I love it. And I am pretty darn fond of @Palimpsest. I’d avatar it if I wasn’t me. @Escadora used the corgi, but it also makes me think of you ;) 

Just so cute.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

You know, generally fundies are all obsessed with what OTHER people do with their genitals. It's odd but an interesting difference that the Maxwells are so focused on Steve's.

I mean, the girls can't show a little knee, and need to layer the shirts (and vests) to disguise their boobs, because modesty. But Steve talks about his balls more often than Lori Alexander talks about other womens' boobs and butts, and somehow that's modest.

Steve, out here in the real world, people don't much care what others do with their private parts, and it's not considered modest to go talking about them at, say, a wedding. We have this term: TMI. It means Too Much Information. And we all have way, way too much information about Steve's scrotum.

I'm just happy there were never any pictures of 'em.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

32 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Like I said the last time I posted it...I love it. And I am pretty darn fond of @Palimpsest. I’d avatar it if I wasn’t me. @Escadora used the corgi, but it also makes me think of you ;) 

Just so cute.

The guinea pig is cute so I will take it as a compliment.  But dammit people!  I now sport purple and  green streaks in my real hair not that white wiggy thing.  And I will never, ever, wear a purple hat!  Red shoes, yes.  Purple hat, no.

::Storms off in a dudgeon!::

Dudgeon is a very fun word.  I should use it more often.  :)

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The guinea pig is cute so I will take it as a compliment.  But dammit people!  I now sport purple and  green streaks in my real hair not that white wiggy thing.  And I will never, ever, wear a red hat!  Red shoes, yes.  Hat, no.

High  dudgeon for sure!  I bow  to your literary and songwriting expertise!!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Fuck off with your holier than thou attitude Stevie. It is entirely possible to be a hard worker and also enjoy various hobbies. They’re not mutually exclusive. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Work hard play hard and all that. 

And Leavenworth KS is a cheap area, and your sons have bought even cheaper by buying fixer-uppers. Buying debt-free just is not possible for most people. A mortgage isn’t the worst thing in the world. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

26 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The guinea pig is cute so I will take it as a compliment.  But dammit people!  I now sport purple and  green streaks in my real hair not that white wiggy thing.  And I will never, ever, wear a purple hat!  Red shoes, yes.  Purple hat, no.

Our resident curmudgeon stormed off in a dudgeon. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Our resident curmudgeon stormed off in a dudgeon. :)

It rhymes!  :laughing-rofl:

• Upvote 7

Just now, Palimpsest said:

It rhymes!  :laughing-rofl:

Yes, I know. You walked, er, stormed straight into that.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It is more the attitude Miss Guinea exudes - and the faithful pup!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Yo, Steve.  It is possible to be a man who knows how to fix most everything, including cars, AND pursue various hobbies like woodworking, stained glass, and gaming.  I know because I'm married to him.  

Your sad attempts to shill your books that are well over a decade old and hopelessly out of date and vogue are...sad.

And as someone so astutely pointed out before me...why does your "learn to do everything X eleventy!" advice not apply to your wife and daughters?  Where is their vegetable garden, and why don't they know how to can said non-existent vegetables?  Where are the quilts they make for Project Linus with their sewing skills?  Where are the crocheted or knitted caps and mittens donated to local shelters?  Why haven't they learned to make candles or soap?  I could go on, but you get the point.   

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Wow.  Look who is having a temper tantrum this week.

But you can.  If you want to.  Steve says so. 

Steve is an idiot.

My husband enjoys fixing things when he has the time. I do not. I would rather spend an hour teaching a violin lesson (something I went to school for and am very good at) for a reasonably high fee, and then use a part of that fee to pay someone else to spend an hour to fix whatever it is that needs fixing. That way, my hour is spent doing something I enjoy that benefits others, someone else also gains employment, and the repair is done properly. Win-win-win.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic