IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

It’s like when Nathan made that ridiculously judgmental comment about people watching TV and how it must mean they don’t have Bible time. The events aren’t mutually exclusive FFS. How long is Bible time, an hour maybe? You could easily watch a programme or two and still slot in family devotions. Of course, the Maxwells are totally against the Beast... I still can’t get over the fact that Steve calls it that. It’s so fucking ridiculous.

Edited by mango_fandango
add formatting
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

It’s like when Nathan made that ridiculously judgmental comment about people watching TV and how it must mean they don’t have Bible time. The events aren’t mutually exclusive FFS. How long is Bible time, an hour maybe? You could easily watch a programme or two and still slot in family devotions. Of course, the Maxwells are totally against the Beast... I still can’t get over the fact that Steve calls it that. It’s so fucking ridiculous.

Yeah!  And did it ever occur to him that there has been TV programming about the Bible?!

• Upvote 8

Just now, Elegant Mess said:

Yeah!  And did it ever occur to him that there has been TV programming about the Bible?!

if he didn't write it in sure he'd disagree with the content.

other people can't possibly have anything to contribute.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm behind on Steve's words of wisdom.   

On Jan 2nd.  Steve shared a "Secret."  Not so much of a secret, just refried Preparing Sons to Provide.  A plug for his book, that is all.

And of course  Steve misses the target again.  "Entertainment is the enemy of learning."   It never occurs to him that entertainment can be educational and leaning can be entertainment.  If you try - you can have fun as you learn! 

SHARED SECRET

This was posted on January 2, 2019 by Steve Maxwell.

Many ask how I taught my children to do so many things. Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single Income Family is the long version of this.

Teach your children that they can do all things through Christ which strengthens us (Phil. 4:13). If God calls us to do something, He will enable us. If we don’t know how to do it, we have to first learn how (the easy part), and then we do it. 

Parents set the example by being sponges to learn (and enjoy work). 

Learn:

• of the Lord Jesus, first and foremost
  • technical/vocational skills (make your time worth something)
  • relationship skills
  • communication skills, one-on-one and speaking to groups. 

And this gem:

(Side note: if you aren’t a self learner, learning will cost you.)

We know, Steve.  Humpers have to save their dollars in envelopes to buy your expensive "educational" materials.  You don't give anyone credit.  Ever.

Now comes both bad news and inversely the key. The enemy of learning is entertainment. If you and/or your children love entertainment, sorry. Ignore all of the above. Your children might as well be wearing a 100 pound backpack through life. Few want to learn and work when they can play.

“No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier” (2 Timothy 2:4).

Oh, shut up, Steve.  You have put the 100 pound backpack of social isolation on your daughters.  And I should tell you that none of them are "great conversationalists."  They are more like scared bunnies.

And on January 9th, it is YOUR TURN!

• Adam: Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it.
  • Noah: Make thee an ark of gopher wood.
  • Abraham: Thou shalt keep my covenant. Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest,… and offer him.
  • Lot: Escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed. 
  • Joshua: Arise, go over this Jordan,… Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you.
  • Samson: For the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb
  • Jonah: Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it
  • John the Baptist: Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
  • Paul: Prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles.

Okeydokey.

Your turn, Dad: …..What is God’s direction for you? Will you obey?“

But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand” (Isaiah 64:8).

I have a direction for you, Steve.  I expect God (if she exists) would agree with me.

Free your daughters!  Or at least help Mary and Anna to find partners soon if they want to be wives and mothers.  I think Sarah has given up hope of that.  Oh, and please take Ellie to the vet if she hasn't had puppies, hasn't gone into heat since last May, and hasn't been spayed yet.  Something is wrong there.

Will you obey?

That is now up to date, but it seems to me that they are behind on posting the Seriously articles again.  Tut, tut.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

@Sops2, Ellie doesn't seem to have ever become pregnant.  We're not even all that sure she's had sweet fellowship with another English Cream Golden Retriever.  

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Sops2, Ellie doesn't seem to have ever become pregnant.  We're not even all that sure she's had sweet fellowship with another English Cream Golden Retriever.  

Possibly Sarah has to have in hand deposits for however many puppies they think will be in the litter before Steve will allow Ellie to be bred. I prefer to think that God has closed Ellie's womb.

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Possibly Sarah has to have in hand deposits for however many puppies they think will be in the litter before Steve will allow Ellie to be bred. I prefer to think that God has closed Ellie's womb.

I have a distinct suspicion that Steve wanted in hand deposits for how many children Sarah would produce before he would allow her to be bred.

I think Steve is primarily responsible for closing Sarah's womb (so far, I still have faint hopes for her) because of his impossibly high standards for any potential husband.  And his raising her to be scared of men.  That goes for Anna and Mary too.

If Steve has the courage of his QF convictions, he will actively try to find studs for Sarah, Anna, and Mary.  Instead of waiting for God to drop the "right" husband at their feet.

God helps those who help themselves, and Steve could help them find good mates.  If he loosens the restrictions and tries very hard. 

And if those poor young women actually want husbands (although they supposedly like children) after observing the Steve and Teri marriage.  They may be a bit ambivalent about marriage.  I would be.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

On 1/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, Palimpsest said:

And if those poor young women actually want husbands (although they supposedly like children) after observing the Steve and Teri marriage.  They may be a bit ambivalent about marriage.  I would be.

Hadn’t thought of that!  Yet another sobering (nauseating) thought about Maxhell. 

• Upvote 8

Ooops  I got behind on my commitment to "Seriously" posts again.  Stevie, it is because they are so damn boring and repetitive.

From January 23, 2019.  This should be entitled "The Disloyal Helpmeet:  But Perhaps She Might Have a Point."

WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?

Likely you have heard someone in a disagreement exclaim, “Just whose side are you on?” where loyalty was being questioned. Maybe those have been your words or at least your thoughts. Maybe (hopefully not), your wife sided with someone other than you. Hurts doesn’t it? Loyalty is something that goes deep. 

My goodness.  You let your wife side with someone else.  That should never happen.  She should not even remind you to pick up pizza on the way home.

Picture how your wife may feel when someone influences the children to want something  harmful to them–the children she carried for 9 months, bore, and then nurtured as they grew. Think how she deeply desires to see God’s best in their lives. But what if it is you, the man she has vowed before God to follow, who has instilled, negative or even harmful influences in the children’s lives?

I know it seems unthinkable but men who don't follow Steve's exact advice can be wrong.

She wants to be loyal to you, but her heart cries out and fears for what she sees in your children. You might ask “How can I be the problem? I love the children too.” Two words Dad—your appetites and affections — in other words your example.

Perhaps the brains you keep in your penis are stirring up your appetites for bad things.  And not-Steve-approved things, but that goes without saying.

Regularly we hear from moms whose husbands are leading the children astray. 

And regularly we tell them that they are disloyal, not submissive, and Very Bad Wives and Moms.  But perhaps you are a shitty husband as well.

Requisite Bible text that doesn't seem terribly relevant:  “And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and “Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries” (Joshua 5:13-14).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

And from today, January 30, 2019

I think this is a message from Steve to Mr. P.  Obviously I am out of control.

MAN TO MAN

I’m confident that not one of you dads is reading weekly articles on being a great Christian mom. Even if you were interested in the subject, there is a good reason for you not to read them.

Real men don't read women's stuff.

Wouldn’t you be comparing your wife to what was being shared?

Mr. P might compare and think I am an even more fantastic wife than he knew.

In doing that, might it cause you to focus on her shortcomings and then be discontent with her?

Watch your grammar, Steve.  Don't use a noun when you should be using an adjective.  So, how often have you been discontented with Teri and compared her unfavorably to other women?

I believe the answers would be “yes” to those questions. 

That is because you are an presumptuous ass.

Dad, if you have asked your wife to preview Seriously articles, please reconsider.

They are not meant for female eyes;  I'm telling manly secrets here.  Like last week I told you that you could be wrong!

Might you be creating in your wife unhealthy comparisons/expectations?

I got some major push back from husbands whose wives made them read last week's posts.

Everyone is busy these days, and some with productive and edifying endeavors.

Only some?

If Seriously is edifying, embrace it, if not, why encumbereth the ground (take up room in your inbox)?  

If you don't like what I have to say then unsubscribe!

(Moms, do you really believe reading these is good for your heart and your marriage?)  

Oh, yes.  They make me understand how wonderful my husband is in comparison to you, Stevie.  And he thinks your Seriously posts are funny as well as obnoxious too.

As John Shrader would say. Selah.

“And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand” (Matthew 12:25). 

Steve, by forbidding wives to read your Seriously bullshit and making it super-sekret from them you are being divisive in people's marriages and risk turning husband and wife against each other.  Marriages divided against themselves shall not stand.

Stick that concept up your butt and sit on it.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

Okay - I’m gonna come out and just say it ...

I do not believe this much life changing guilt, control, and fear of normal human feelings comes from lusting only in ones heart over contrasting buttons or a glimpse of cleavage. 

I think Steve stepped out at some point in the past and this has been his way of trying to control himself (by control/avoidance) of others ever since.  

Idk if he was a serial cheater or it was one fling.  Idk if Teri knows about it.  But I would put money on there being more than just impure thoughts for other women during his marriage.

i know - speculation like this usually rankles me, but the more corners I read the more I’m convinced.  He talks like a former drug addict whose entire life is about their recovery.  But his drug of choice was arousal.  

Am I alone in thinking this way?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

i know - speculation like this usually rankles me, but the more corners I read the more I’m convinced.  He talks like a former drug addict whose entire life is about their recovery.  But his drug of choice was arousal.  

Am I alone in thinking this way?

No, I have been long convinced that there is something in his past that he's, idk, trying to avoid?  atone for?  I can't totally put my finger on it, but he comes across to me like he's carrying some guilt/responsibility/shame for something and is going way overboard to unhealthy levels in dealing with it.

ETA: it's possible that it might not be what he did but almost did but didn't.   Hope that makes sense.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

dk if he was a serial cheater or it was one fling.  Idk if Teri knows about it.  But I would put money on there being more than just impure thoughts for other women during his marriage.

I think it is highly unlikely that Steve has ever been unfaithful to Teri.  Although I bet he has been tempted.  And he is angry because he has been tempted.

I say this because of his deep and unrelenting anger towards his father for cheating on his mother and their subsequent divorce.  He hates his father so much that he changed his name as a teenager from Bargar.  He has tossed his father under the bus frequently for years.  One example here.  https://articles.titus2.com/if-only/ 

Whether he was sexually active before he was married, idk.  He could have fucked his brains out with prostitutes in Thailand in between cigarettes (yes, Steve used to smoke) but I doubt it.

He married Teri when he was only just 23 and she was just 19.  My theory is because he didn't think he should have sex outside of marriage.  Especially with a "nice" girl like Teri from a similarly Christian background.   Don't forget they both came from practicing Christian families, just not quite Christian enough for Steve today.  Attitudes towards sex have changed for the better since 1974.  Yes, of course some of us had unmarried sex, but we were a hell of a lot more inhibited about it. 

I think Steve is very vulnerable to lusting in his heart.  And probably has wandering eyes.  He seems to be turned on by the slightest glimpse of cleavage or a female calf.  And semi-clothed women in TV commercials have him lusting.

But he blames this problem on women being immodest, not on his own sex drive, inability to  discipline his eyes, or his (normal) inability to control the odd inconvenient erection completely.

It makes him furious!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

@HerNameIsBuffy, some time back, one of us pointed out that Stevehovah likes it when Terified puts the toothpaste on his toothbrush for him before bed. And then someone said that sex workers in the part of Asia where Stevehovah was deployed had this practice. 

Stevehovah may not have pursued the strange during his marriage, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’d done at least some pay-for-play back in his Air Force years, and is now consumed with guilt over it.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

No, I have been long convinced that there is something in his past that he's, idk, trying to avoid?  atone for?  I can't totally put my finger on it, but he comes across to me like he's carrying some guilt/responsibility/shame for something and is going way overboard to unhealthy levels in dealing with it.

ETA: it's possible that it might not be what he did but almost did but didn't.   Hope that makes sense.

I honestly think his reaction is too extreme for “almost.” But you could be right.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I honestly think his reaction is too extreme for “almost.” But you could be right.

It is extreme but having knowing someone (who reminds me a bit of Steve btw) who was guilt-ridden over an "almost" that's why I thought of it as a possibility, albeit an unlikely one.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

It’s entirely possible I am just unable to understand this level of guilt and fear over temptation without acting on it.

I’ve never cheated in a relationship and could absolutely see myself consumed with guilt to a crazy extent ...but not over the odd roaming thought and certainly not over premarital sex.

But as I see the world a little differently than Steve you guys could be right.

@Palimpsest his dad is why I kind of think he did cheat.  The level of anger and distancing combined with his conviction that cheating is something to fight so vigilantly makes me think his dad did it, he did it, so he assumes it’s the nature of the beast unless you tame it.

(not that beast)

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

that's why I thought of it as a possibility, albeit an unlikely one.  

I think an "almost" is more likely than Steve actually cheating on Teri.  

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

@Palimpsest his dad is why I kind of think he did cheat.  

We will have to agree to disagree. :)

Good grief, though.  Think of the blackmail possibilities for any woman Steve had an extracurricular fling with.   

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think an "almost" is more likely than Steve actually cheating on Teri.  

We will have to agree to disagree. :)

Good grief, though.  Think of the blackmail possibilities for any woman Steve had an extracurricular fling with.   

If it were the case it could easily be some random woman from the 70s who doesn’t even remember his last name.

Not that I’ve ever slept with someone in my youth that I wouldn’t recognize now.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Now I’m wondering if there is enough Maxwell cash to make blackmail worthwhile!

This is just joking not speculation, but if a Steve Maxwell sex scandal ever broke out I would never sign off FJ!!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

I've been thinking for a while that the Seriously columns were read mainly by women. I think Steve might think this, too, thus his current screed. 

I always figured Steve did shit while he was in the military that he's not proud of, and he's felt the need to self flagellate ever since. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

This isn't the first time Steve has told people that his Dad's Corner and now Seriously posts are supposed to be For Men Only.

I think he must have had a few irate Dads contact him after the "Man to Man"  "Whose Side Are You On" post telling him that he was encouraging their uppity wives to challenge their manly authority.  So his response is to tell them that the little woman isn't supposed to be reading Seriously anyway, so it is all their faults for letting her.

And, yes, blogging and reading blogs does seem to be regarded as women's work by this lot.  All the comments on Tits2 seem to be made by women or children.

52 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I always figured Steve did shit while he was in the military that he's not proud of, and he's felt the need to self flagellate ever since. 

I agree.

Edited by Palimpsest
wrong title
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Stevehovah gets the Granwych award for most sanctimonious piece of bovine dung in recent times.   I showed Grampwych Steve's latest disturbance of electrons and got a good snort out of my better half.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I guess 99% of people  that subscribe to Seriously Stevie are us and that seriously fucks him off. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

I distinctly remember reading a Pharisteve screed in which he cries (figuratively) over having once thought meanly of his “sweet little wife” (I’m almost certain those are the words).  And I think that the event happened while he was still shamefully [sic] employed outside the home.

Remember that his unceremonious exit from corporate life came after a year or more of legal wrangling over his perceived right  to refuse to go to business lunches with any females.  I’m always reminded of the Sharia-law-loving man who refused to let an unrelated woman sit next to him on an airplane.  Same attitude, different religious backgrounds.  

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic