IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

28 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I distinctly remember reading a Pharisteve screed in which he cries (figuratively) over having once thought meanly of his “sweet little wife” (I’m almost certain those are the words).  And I think that the event happened while he was still shamefully [sic] employed outside the home.

Remember that his unceremonious exit from corporate life came after a year or more of legal wrangling over his perceived right  to refuse to go to business lunches with any females.  I’m always reminded of the Sharia-law-loving man who refused to let an unrelated woman sit next to him on an airplane.  Same attitude, different religious backgrounds.  

I heard of the airplane thing where it was an orthodox Jewish man, was there another?  

Apprently mini despots don’t understand the concept of public spaces.

Did Steve really take that to court?  I don’t remember the story...he was an engineer how often could solo lunches with a woman and no one else present come up?

It infuruates me the way these people think they are so damn sexually irresistible that without rules they’d be subjected to endless offers of sexcapades.

• Upvote 12

58 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Did Steve really take that to court?  I don’t remember the story...he was an engineer how often could solo lunches with a woman and no one else present come up?

It infuruates me the way these people think they are so damn sexually irresistible that without rules they’d be subjected to endless offers of sexcapades.

Stevie likes a pair of Tits2. Remember when a woman bend down to pick up her child and he was watching her boobs. He then blamed the husband for allowing the tart to dress like that in public.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I heard of the airplane thing where it was an orthodox Jewish man, was there another?  

Apprently mini despots don’t understand the concept of public spaces.

Oh you are right, I think!!!!   It might indeed have been an Orthodox Jewish man. Patriarchy is sooooo generous, it just spreads its hateful ways everywhere. 

I do want to say that the legal system was involved or about to be with Steve & his KC-area employer.   I will say with confidence that he protested / refused to interact / lunch with at least one woman and dragged out the complaint about his rights vs. the needs of his employer for around a year before his employment terminated and he was able “to go home” to the delight, I’m sarcastically sure, of his children who then bore the full brunt of his idolatrous gender-segregationism.

No sports / sleepovers for you! Nor you! (Repeat 6 more times)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

He did not go to court but made a fuss of this issue with his employer that went on for a protracted period of time .  The "legal part" was possibly his employer involving the company's legal department as far as the applicable HR policies and procedures being followed and CYA before letting him go.   At least that was my take on it, the actual details are pretty vague as far as the legal aspects and would be such because if they let him go, good chance he would have had to sign an agreement not to sue in exchange for severance.  I believe his company basically paid for him to go away. 

ETA:  Steve's being "called home" had less to do with the Lord and more to do with Steve, methinks.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

Stevie likes a pair of Tits2. Remember when a woman bend down to pick up her child and he was watching her boobs. He then blamed the husband for allowing the tart to dress like that in public.

Yep, as I recall*,  this horror happened at the Maxwell house and the woman wasn’t even in the same room as Steve. But she and her nekkid bazooms were within his line of sight, and his little Steve must’ve twinged because the resulting shame feelings caused him to weep. 

* Don’t put a lot into my recollections. I just got religions mixed up in another anecdote. The ole memory banks are over-crowded or something, these days. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I distinctly remember reading a Pharisteve screed

Not to derail, but I just want to say that I absolutely love this!

Carry on......

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Yep, as I recall*,  this horror happened at the Maxwell house and the woman wasn’t even in the same room as Steve. But she and her nekkid bazooms were within his line of sight, and his little Steve must’ve twinged because the resulting shame feelings caused him to weep. 

* Don’t put a lot into my recollections. I just got religions mixed up in another anecdote. The ole memory banks are over-crowded or something, these days. 

Here's the post in question. Try and hold back the nausea: 

https://articles.titus2.com/2000/02/

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 10

Hey, Steve, I've frequently gone out to lunch and even (LE GASP) gone to bars for a beer with my male boss, and somehow we have managed to maintain a very friendly professional relationship, because he sees me as an employee/colleague who's fun to hang out with, not a sex object.

Also, Steve (and all other fundie men of all creeds), if you think that every woman not related to you is just itching for a roll in the hay with you and only your antiquated and just plain weird and disrespectful behaviors are the only things stopping you from getting some extramarital schtupping, you are sadly mistaken and think far too highly of yourself. 

AND ANOTHER THING: Where does Steve get off thinking that Adam and Eve were walking around in fucking pinafores made of fig leaves? Has he never seen any art depicting Genesis? 

Edited by nastyhobbitses
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 4

The latest Seriously article where Steve has his undies in a wad, because he knows women read the articles, is about the most pathetic thing I’ve seen in a while. 

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

The latest Seriously article where Steve has his undies in a wad, because he knows women read the articles, is about the most pathetic thing I’ve seen in a while. 

I read it, imagining in my head that it was really all directed at @Palimpsest ! She dares to read and criticize, forsooth! Her husband should put his foot down before Palimpsest begins comparing him to Stevehovah and lusting for the firm control of a Maxwellian man! All from reading Steve's dry sermons, only intended for male eyes!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 10

28 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Palimpsest begins comparing him to Stevehovah and lusting for the firm control of a Maxwellian man

I can’t stop laughing!  If this ever happens it will spark FJs first intervention!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

OMG.  The seriously post.

I can't decide if Steve is simply paranoid and worried about women reading his posts, or has such delusions of grandeur that he is genuinely worried that women will now compare their husbands to the amazing Stevehovah and find all other men lacking.

For the good of all your marriages women, don't read Seriously.  Your husbands simply cannot compare to the all-amazing Steve.  For a man so concerned about humility and modesty he's failing pretty miserably.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

17 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I can’t stop laughing!  If this ever happens it will spark FJs first intervention!

Maybe we can get her to use "lusting for the firm control of a Maxwellian man" as her location! I would die!

Edited by Lisafer
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 22

I always get Ashley Madison ads when I visit the Seriously Steve thread. 

And ACTUALLY, Steve, reading your email is something Mr. Allison and I do together. The snark and laughter bring us closer. So yeah, it IS good for my heart and my marriage. 

• Upvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

OMG. He is such a control freak. It's like embedded on a molecular level.

Steve, if you're so concerned about who is reading your (public!) blog posts put up on the damn Internet, maybe change your edifying column to an email list that is by request only? That way you can better vet who receives your wisdom and ensure they are ready for such upper strata level analysis that we mere peons cannot correctly process? (Aside-- Steve would have made a really, really good Scientologist.)

And this "Dad, if you have asked your wife to preview Seriously articles, please reconsider. Might you be creating in your wife unhealthy comparisons/expectations?" is so insanely narcissistic. Steve, I think marriages will remain intact even after wives are exposed to the immaculate, all-knowing Adonis that is Steve Maxwell.*

(*Actually Steve, you're a kinda chubby sixtysomething in a poorly decorated cookie cutter house with no real skills and a struggling business who has failed all three of his daughters according to his own die hard rules. And you just won't stop talking about your balls.)

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

11 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

And you just won't stop talking about your balls.

while i genuinely agree with everything you said, this part made me laugh harder than it should have.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I read it, imagining in my head that it was really all directed at @Palimpsest ! She dares to read and criticize, forsooth! Her husband should put his foot down before Palimpsest begins comparing him to Stevehovah and lusting for the firm control of a Maxwellian man! All from reading Steve's dry sermons, only intended for male eyes!

That will happen

Spoiler

fb-when-pigs-fly-thumb.gif

4 hours ago, daisyjane1234 said:

OMG.  The seriously post.

I can't decide if Steve is simply paranoid and worried about women reading his posts, or has such delusions of grandeur that he is genuinely worried that women will now compare their husbands to the amazing Stevehovah and find all other men lacking.

Both,

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

maybe change your edifying column to an email list that is by request only? That way you can better vet who receives your wisdom

How would he vet them -- dick pics?  Scrotum selfies?   ? 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

OMG. He is such a control freak. It's like embedded on a molecular level.

Y’know.....I wonder if there’s a really dark side to Steve’s history. I recently heard a talk about the life-long effects of violence and abuse inflicted upon young people.  I don’t remember the presenters’ exact wording, but they did say it changed the child’s ... cellular? Molecular? ... structure such that the effects are lifelong.  

They did not say the individual was ruined! But they did advise that effects can be deeply seated. They also were encouraging that good therapy and appropriate care can help the survivors thrive despite the abuse.  

This can be the case even with violence inflicted on young adults. I wonder what might have happened TO Steve in addition to his father deserting his mother. 

Does not excuse his foul behavior in fouling up his wife’s and 8 (!) children’s lives, but it could explain part of it. The unhealthy obsession with sheltering and isolating may result from a situation in which shelters failed him in the outside world.

Who knows?  

• Upvote 4

Psychological trauma can affect the structures of developing brains, that is true. But I don't think we've ever seen anything about Steve's childhood that would hint at the sort of traumas necessary to cause such effects. I'm sure if Steve's parents had been abusive he'd probably talk about it to play up on the fact that they were not Christian. 

But the only real complaints he's ever brought forward are that his dad had hobbies, his parents weren't the right type of Christian and they divorced. 

Who really knows, but I don't think abuse in Steve's past is part of his issues. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Psychological trauma can affect the structures of developing brains, that is true. But I don't think we've ever seen anything about Steve's childhood that would hint at the sort of traumas necessary to cause such effects. I'm sure if Steve's parents had been abusive he'd probably talk about it to play up on the fact that they were not Christian. 

But the only real complaints he's ever brought forward are that his dad had hobbies, his parents weren't the right type of Christian and they divorced. 

Who really knows, but I don't think abuse in Steve's past is part of his issues. 

I’m thinking more something that might have  happened to him while in military service in Thailand. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility ... but the more I think about it, the less I want to. Fact for sure: he’s a mess now, and that’s bad enough. 

• Upvote 6

23 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Maybe we can get her to use "lusting for the firm control of a Maxwellian man" as her location! I would die!

I refuse to do that.  But I have changed my location temporarily, just for you!

<<

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

39 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I refuse to do that.  But I have changed my location temporarily, just for you!

<<

Well, I can't blame you! :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic