IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

13 minutes ago, bertnee said:

Steve hates women and he hates that they cause him to lust.

He needs to be grateful that he lusts after the winners and not the menz.

Methinks the thin air atop his super high self-built pedestal is messing mightily with his brain.  On second thought, nah, he's always felt superior and just knows that everyone thinks so, too.   Gah.

• Upvote 9

On 1/31/2019 at 2:12 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Y’know.....I wonder if there’s a really dark side to Steve’s history. I recently heard a talk about the life-long effects of violence and abuse inflicted upon young people.  I don’t remember the presenters’ exact wording, but they did say it changed the child’s ... cellular? Molecular? ... structure such that the effects are lifelong.  

They did not say the individual was ruined! But they did advise that effects can be deeply seated. They also were encouraging that good therapy and appropriate care can help the survivors thrive despite the abuse.  

This can be the case even with violence inflicted on young adults. I wonder what might have happened TO Steve in addition to his father deserting his mother. 

Does not excuse his foul behavior in fouling up his wife’s and 8 (!) children’s lives, but it could explain part of it. The unhealthy obsession with sheltering and isolating may result from a situation in which shelters failed him in the outside world.

Who knows?  

So long time FJers may know I had a very, very unstable childhood.  I am sure I was always a type a person anyhow, but the instability and chaos created in me a need to feel like all situations are in control.  Which often means the feeling that I should just assume control so it exists.

My fan fiction is that Steve is probably also an uptight, type a person and the one dramatic thing we know about is his parents divorce.   I really do think that profoundly affected him and likely has led to the control.

which simply got worse because it appears that Terri actually seems to think she’s healthier with him having more control.  I think the stage was set for the perfect storm leading to the level he is now when she started homeschooling.

ETA: I however know trying to exert control over others and every situation is unhealthy.  And that is why I see a psychologist regularly, take medication to help with depression and anxiety, do the hard CBT work so that my feelings of needing control don’t lead to controlling behaviors.  Steve just thinks it makes him look like the man all women lust after.

ha.

Edited by treemom
Edit
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 15

14 hours ago, treemom said:

Oh and @MamaJunebug my guess is what you read was about Adverse Childhood Experiences and how they impact epigentics.

https://www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/ttb_aces_consequences.pdf

Yes, this sounds like what the presenters had to say. To my discredit, I read over their PowerPoint hard copy and recycled the pages later. The presentation was geared toward teachers and caregivers to provide insights on some of the root causes of problem behaviors. The presenters were wonderful to give me the Reader’s Digest version as I was fascinated by this as another piece in the puzzle of a friend who survived hellish trauma. Frustratingky, I wasn’t able to stay for the full seminar. 

• Upvote 4

Grampwych had subscribed to "Seriously, Steve " for exactly one email before declaring that Steve was not in his right mind and had way too much time on his hands.  Gramp also wanted to know if the Maxwell's did any volunteer work in the community or just bloviate on their blog.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

On 1/31/2019 at 9:33 AM, treemom said:

He both hates fun and women.

Think of what he would do around a fun woman.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

He'd probably have massive heart palpitations, followed by feelings of guilt and shame.  After performing a ritual fasting as atonement, he'll write a diatribe about the whole thing in a future Seriously column for all of us fun women to snark on. :kitty-wink:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

For the first time I showed a member of my family a fundie. I showed my brother Steve's latest seriously. I gave no prompting or back story, I just said I wanted him to read something and tell me what he thought. 

In my brother's esteemed opinion, Steve is a f*cking luinatic and it would be interesting to find out what such an insecure little man is hiding. Then, he asked for my phone so he could have his wife read it. 

I love that I live in a family, and world, where the most random of things brings such laughter. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 5

On 2/3/2019 at 12:09 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Hmmm, maybe he'd throw caution to the wind and buy her a Pepsi.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

23 hours ago, fundiefan said:

For the first time I showed a member of my family a fundie. I showed my brother Steve's latest seriously. I gave no prompting or back story, I just said I wanted him to read something and tell me what he thought. 

In my brother's esteemed opinion, Steve is a f*cking luinatic and it would be interesting to find out what such an insecure little man is hiding. Then, he asked for my phone so he could have his wife read it. 

I love that I live in a family, and world, where the most random of things brings such laughter. 

I like your brother!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I just want to say that when I went to read the latest Dad's Corner, among the related articles linked at the bottom was "A Man and His Dawg," which in my haste I read as "A Man and His Dong."

I'll be in the prayer closet now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, VVV said:

I just want to say that when I went to read the latest Dad's Corner, among the related articles linked at the bottom was "A Man and His Dawg," which in my haste I read as "A Man and His Dong."

Considering the massive amount of time the Maxwells give to Steve's penis aka THE REVERSAL, your mistake is forgiven.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Considering the massive amount of time the Maxwells give to Steve's penis aka THE REVERSAL, your mistake is forgiven.

It is literally the most interesting thing he's ever done if you listen to them. Possibly the only thing. And technically all he did was just lie there.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It is literally the most interesting thing he's ever done if you listen to them. Possibly the only thing. 

After watching the wedding of John and Chelsy, it's clear that Marlin Bontrager agrees.  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It is literally the most interesting thing he's ever done if you listen to them. Possibly the only thing. And technically all he did was just lie there.

At first glance I totally read that as he lied here during the reveal conceptions, not the reversal procedure.

Mental images I don’t need now exist in my head!

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

After watching the wedding of John and Chelsy, it's clear that Marlin Bontrager agrees.  :pb_lol:

It is rather disturbing that Marlin is so fascinating by another man's reversal....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

It is rather disturbing that Marlin is so fascinating by another man's reversal....

Maybe he's just trying to suck up to Stevehovah for Chelsy's sake.

Edited by Granwych
Stupid autocorrect
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, VVV said:

Now all I can think of is Danny DeVito going "WHOOPS, I dropped this monster condom for my magnum dong!" on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Either that or he thinks Steve is a tool and it was a passive-aggressive "did you know he had a reversal? Let's celebrate Steve's reversal!" moment.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Either that or he thinks Steve is a tool and it was a passive-aggressive "did you know he had a reversal? Let's celebrate Steve's reversal!" moment.

That is very generous of you. I am more leaning towards Marlin is just obsessed with Steve’s weenie.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

Can you imagine the Fundie Family conference that preceded all of this? 

Totally imaginary scenario.

Steve: How dare you announce my son's engagement!

Marlin:  FU.  My daughter's engagement!

Steve: Persecution!  Free Jinger!  Secret!

Marlin: Involved family!  You don't get to control my baby's announcement. I mean she's like 27 and long in the tooth.

Steve: But Chris and Joe's engagements fell through.  We were mocked!

Marlin:  Shotguns at dawn!  John has to come up to scratch!  My Baby's reputation is at stake!

Steve:  Don't let her get cold feet.  BUT I marry my sons!

Marlin:  Over my dead body.  I marry my daughter!

Steve:  Negotiate!

Marlin:  The reversal crap will be featured.  Tremendously!

Steve:  (massages scrotum) OK then.  So long as I and my balls are the stars of the wedding.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 26
  • Love 2

Oh my fucking God you guys are AWESOME. I’m laughing my ass off over here.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

On 2/5/2019 at 6:08 PM, Palimpsest said:

Steve:  (massages scrotum) 

That’s it ....men are ruined for me now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic