IGNORED

Lori Alexander 44: Ken Galloping Off on the Horse of Truth The Feminists Are Coming!

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

From today's post:

Lori, you shameful excuse for a Christian, you are gossiping about a child!  

@Ken Are you even reading this?  She is openly gossiping about your neighbor's child.  Do you realize how disgusting and "unchristian" that is?  She is the definition of a tattle tale. 

Is this what you are talking about when you refer to "doing all things Christian"?  Does it include gossiping about children?  What if your neighbor read this?!  What kind of testimony would that be for your Christ??  

And Lori?  You are bragging about your (completely foolish) retorts to a young child.  She is 100% right.  Boys can wear dresses.  You, on the other hand are presuming to speak for other human beings, who you will eventually have absolutely zero control over.  You aren't capable of saying they will "never" do anything.   Seriously, get a clue.  That kid is already smarter than you are.

Couple of odd things about this story-

1) Who are "these boys".  Lori has one grandson.  Who on earth is she talking about?

2) What prompted the child to randomly announce that boys can wear dresses?  Did Lori say something to bring it into the conversation (perhaps looking for something to blog about)?  

Either way, Lori has once again shown that she has no class, and is not as smart as most six year olds.

Do the neighbors know what Lori posted about their daughter?  

Also, I can't help laughing at Lori saying 'None of these boys will ever wear dresses!'  It's enough to make me hope that one of them will grow up and wear dresses all the time...if that's what makes him happy, of course! 

4 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

'...but who gives you the right to take on a six-year-old child????' 

Maybe she's picking on someone at her own intellectual level? 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now Lori is gossiping about a neighbor's child.  I wonder if this incident really happened because I'm not sure a child would just randomly say that boys can wear dresses.

Anyway, you can have your opinions of boys in dresses and keep your mouth shut and talk to your grandchild later without blogging about it.

My daughter has a friend of a different religion. The child is a sweet, pleasant child and is welcome to sleepovers etc.  Our daughter understands we don't believe the same, and is respectful enough not to make it an issue.  

27 minutes ago, Koala said:

From today's post:

Lori, you shameful excuse for a Christian, you are gossiping about a child!  

@Ken Are you even reading this?  She is openly gossiping about your neighbor's child.  Do you realize how disgusting and "unchristian" that is?  She is the definition of a tattle tale. 

Is this what you are talking about when you refer to "doing all things Christian"?  Does it include gossiping about children?  What if your neighbor read this?!  What kind of testimony would that be for your Christ??  

And Lori?  You are bragging about your (completely foolish) retorts to a young child.  She is 100% right.  Boys can wear dresses.  You, on the other hand are presuming to speak for other human beings, who you will eventually have absolutely zero control over.  You aren't capable of saying they will "never" do anything.   Seriously, get a clue.  That kid is already smarter than you are.

Couple of odd things about this story-

1) Who are "these boys".  Lori has one grandson.  Who on earth is she talking about?

2) What prompted the child to randomly announce that boys can wear dresses?  Did Lori say something to bring it into the conversation (perhaps looking for something to blog about)?  

Either way, Lori has once again shown that she has no class, and is not as smart as most six year olds.

Ok, I'm new to this story and I'm fascinated. So far everything I've read about Lori and Ken is horrifying to me, but this made me so angry. How dare you say such a thing to someone else's child? She is not yours to indoctrinate with your hateful worldview. I hope that kid's parents were able to have a conversation with her about how some adults in the world are just mean and wrong, and you shouldn't listen to them. Shouldn't be too hard, Lori pretty much sounds like a Disney villain. 

She's proudly bragging about how she crushed a six-year-old's beliefs. I can't think of anything more pathetic. Especially because that six-year-old probably still has her beliefs intact and just thinks Lori is an evil witch. But keep patting yourself on the back for putting a six-year-old in her place, Lori. Congrats, you cow. 

If I read the post today correctly, she said she copied from Nancy Campbell- something from Above Rubies. 

*disregard- I read wrong. It was the stuff below her post. I guess I was stuck trying to figure out which boys she was talking about. 

Lori is vile. 

My younger children were in a public school that was so overtly Christian, it felt like a Christian school. All the Bible clubs and such. The district has been sued a couple times over the last few years due to this. 

My children are now in a private, Christian school, that is more secular than the public schools. They say a general prayer in the mornings asking to have a good day. All the textbooks are secular, and I see little mention of God throughout the day. They might say a small prayer before eating, I am not sure. I just know that this school is open and loving towards all students, not so with the public school my little ones went to. 

The public schools around here have a couple that are full time missionaries that go in to these schools to teach them about Jesus. How, I don't know, but they do it. They go in every month and it is Conservative Christianity they are teaching. UGH! All my children respect everyone. My children would agree with that little girl: a boy can wear a dress if he wants. My children just want people to be loved for who they are. 

Really a boy wearing a dress only had to be a big deal if she makes it a big deal. It's kids playing dress up. It doesn't mean he'll be transgender. If anything her rigid ideals of what males and females should be like are probably going to cause more confusion for a boy or girl. After all, if one of those boys that she's referring to isnt into masculine things like comps want their kids to be then what happens? I was told I had a masculine mind growing up... I think comps aren't making things any easier on themselves.

Lori is awful. First, I doubt this story happened. Secondly, it's freaking dress up! All little boys, I know, like to wear their mom's high heels, just like the little girls because they want to be TALLER! Third, what would Lori say if the little girl said "little girls can wear the fireman's outfit"? What would she say to my daughter that wants to be an FBI agent? Lori blows everything out of proportion and makes a big deal when things really aren't. I knew a guy that was gay and did drag shows (he has passed away) and he never dressed up in girls clothes growing up because he was trying to desperately to fit in. When he got into college he finally found people like him and let him self be him. So Lori insinuating that little kids playing dress up leads to drag queens, butch women, LBGTQ or what not is just ridiculous.

When I was in middle school boys couldn't wear shorts to school. They protested it by wearing skirts one day because all of us girls could wear skirts and stay cool but the boys had to be in long pants. The boys (now men) that participated in the protest, all of them are (heterosexually) married (or divorced) with children. Wearing skirts for 1 day didn't turn them gay. BTW - the protest was successful and the dress code was changed and it allowed both boys and girls to wear shorts (certain length just like the skirts, equal length for boys and girls).

I have 3 daughters. In our dress up bin we have old prom dresses from goodwill, many hats, Hawaiian shirt, leis, police clothes, fire clothes, and scrubs, the kids wear whatever and have a great time (some of the neighbors are boys)

And now for some pictures of men in dresses/skirts. What would Lori say about these?

Spoiler

5ae8791f59898_APECmeetingattire.jpg.8a808680dd0097f62474ad69824ecf65.jpgAPEC meeting

5ae879250a21e_highlandgames.jpg.83a1c398ddcda898f3086a7cba14a2c0.jpgHighland games

5ae87928a27f8_middleeastroyals.jpg.64c3d3fba90f4067910704cd6963e17f.jpgSaudi meeting

5ae8792d4ef98_princeharryinkilt.jpg.d6b8e917014e925368cd094cfec36496.jpgPrince Harry

5ae8793225612_saudiattire.thumb.jpg.291ecb3ae877512d0e2a97c61d154e3c.jpgSaudi meeting

I really want to hear Ken's explanation as to why it's okay for his wife to gossip about their six year old neighbor on her blog, especially in light of the following verses:

Matthew 22:36-39

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

How is Lori loving her neighbor?  If she was so concerned, did she pray for her?  If she did, she never mentions it.  She just smugly brags about her comebacks (as if she's genuinely proud of herself).  

What about going to the parents?  Like I said, if she's so concerned, it seems like that would have been a better option than to gossip about them on her blog.  Lori's name is easily Googled, and it wouldn't be hard for your neighbor to find her blog (and more specifically, the post in which Lori gossiped about their six year old child).  Do you think that would draw them to your Christ?   

1 Timothy 5:13

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

While Lori could never be accused of adhering to the first verses I posted, she should be able to easily identify with this one.  It fits her to a tee.  

She is an idle busybody, who has taken to the world wide web to gossip about her neighbors and their child.  She is a "tattler"...her feet run swiftly to anything resembling gossip, so that she can carry the tales to her blog.

@Ken ignores anything he can't mansplain, but I would like to know how this is "doing all things Christian".

Lori has raised children and seen them do things differently than she would. She must know the utter futility of proclaiming that someone will “ never “ do something. As much as she wants to be she is not the mistress of the universe. Her control is not absolute over her children or grandchildren. 

If it happened at all it only shows yet again that Lori is an idiot.

A biologically and neurologically whole human female will feel crushes upon the opposite sex. These desires come from a primal urge to reproduce.

A crush and the urge to reproduce then lead to the urge for self-sacrifice…both in acquiring a mate and for ones offspring. Aka ‘You will do anything for the ones you love.’

So when a female feels love for a male that she has chosen as the father of her offspring she will attempt to Keep Him in order to have a guardian over her and said offspring. Keeping him in this modern age leads to ‘Worrying about the Health of your Relationship.’ ‘Trying to have a good marriage’ and other self-help books.

And from that stems all the stuff we talk about here.

If a female has none of those urges…if she has no desire to mate-guard, to ensure the happiness of her mate so that he will stay and continue guarding her and the children etc etc…

Well then…that female won’t care about marriage or much of anything in regards to her reproductive fitness.

As a result, said female will have car, apartment, boyfriends but most likely few if any kids.

This is just evolution 101. There’s not even anything religious or Christian to discuss at this point.

We’re dealing with the fact that a female is missing basic instincts towards ensuring the reproductive health of her offspring and that’s not a religious problem.

What the fuck is this nonsense? 

You are a whole human female if you are not married. You are a whole human female if you don't have kids. 

1 minute ago, Botkinetti said:

Lori has raised children and seen them do things differently than she would.

Women should never wear leggings, buy Alyssa does. Women should never work, but Alyssa and Erin do. Women should never wear bikinis, but Alyssa and Emily do. Women shouldn't go to college, but each and every one of her daughters and DILs did. 

Just thinking that it can't be terribly hard to find that neighbor and say that the crazy SAHW is writing about her 6 yo daughter on the web in an unflattering way.  If that were my daughter, I would be incensed with Lori.  And how does she know that they are unbelievers, did Lori give them a quiz,  and what business is it of Lori's anyway, as long as they're not hurting or causing harm to anyone?

Nothing about Lori is modest.  

15 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Just thinking that it can't be terribly hard to find that neighbor and say that the crazy SAHW is writing about her 6 yo daughter on the web in an unflattering way.  If that were my daughter, I would be incensed with Lori.  And how does she know that they are unbelievers, did Lori give them a quiz,  and what business is it of Lori's anyway, as long as they're not hurting or causing harm to anyone?

Nothing about Lori is modest.  

Dollars to donuts they ARE Christians but the mother works and so lori doesn’t think they’re “believers”

Less than a year ago, Lori whined to her readers about people gossiping about her:

Recently, someone grabbed a picture that my daughter-in-law posted on her Instagram story of me with a skirt on with shorts underneath and some of my thigh showing.

I didn’t know and had no clue that some woman would use it against me but this is what they do. They search and scour everything I write and every picture they can find about me (even from my children and their spouses) to try to destroy my ministry and make me into a hypocrite.

Poor Lori.  She had no clue that she had an internet presence!  If she'd known that people would see pictures of how she really dresses (as opposed to how she tells other women to dress), she'd have been more careful about allowing the pictures to be taken.

How mean of the internet to scour through things that SHE writes and pictures of HER immodest clothing, and then MAKE her a hypocrite.  

Kind of like how Lori scours the neighborhood for gossip to share on her blog.  Too bad they don't have a blog so that they can whine about how she treats them!

Lori is a hypocrite, a liar, a mean-spirited gossip, and basically the opposite of everything a Christian is supposed to be.

She also has obviously never seen a man wearing a Utilikilt. Especially with Doc Martens.

Fundies who are pro-life, 'all children are blessings'  don't seem to think highly of children at all. Lori has shown nothing but disdain for her former elementary students,  she hated teaching children from 'bad homes' and 'bad areas'. She does't like  professions that help children such as social work and midwifery because they are female dominated. She's very selective about what kinds of children were welcome around her family. She doesn't believe in sleepovers or school. Not very conducive to a society that treasures children...

As for men who don't wear pants ...

Spoiler

jesus.jpg.a727b2cde701f00ce2d0ff317fd27bb5.jpg

You know, the more I think about it, the more I see that Lori was looking for a reason to pick on a six year old.  She was likely thinking ahead to how she could turn the encounter into a blog post.

Here's why:

According to Lori's very own stupid account, the child said:

“Boys can wear dresses, too!” 

Notice that the child doesn't suggest that Lori's grandson wear a dress.  She simply states that boys can wear dresses. 

Now I realize that Lori is not smart, but surely she realizes that what the girl said is true.  Boys can (and do) wear dresses. 

But this is Lori we are talking about, and Lori loves to argue, even if her "opponent" is only six.  

Lori says:

I quickly responded, “None of these boys will ever wear dresses!” 

Well I guess that showed her.  Of course, what it showed her is that Lori is not very bright, but never you mind that...  

The obvious:

-Lori responded to something the child never said.

-Lori has no ability to control what her grandsons do as adults

-Lori had nothing to benefit from declaring (to a six year old) that her grandson will never wear a dress.  The six year old isn't going to make him wear one, so the only purpose was to be argumentative.  

If it is important to Lori that her grandson never wear a dress, she could (at best) discuss it with his parents.  Then they could discuss it w/ him, and then they could all sit back and watch as he does whatever the hell he wants, because that's what adults do.

A person who proclaims, "My grandson/child/friend/husband/cousin will never...." is a fool.  Especially when it's something that's not terribly uncommon (like a boy wearing a dress).  It happens.  It's not a big deal.  Move along.  Even if you think it is a big deal, you still don't get to decide for someone else.

Quite frankly, this whole thing makes her look ridiculous.  Lori is a gossip.  The idea that Ken was so recently prattling on about her "wisdom" is absolutely comical in light of today's post.  A wise woman doesn't find herself in a argument with a six year old.   If she does, she at least wins, and Lori didn't even have the sense to do that.  She (rather incoherently) responded to something the child never said.  Then she made an asinine assertion about something she has no way of predicting.  The six year old was the smartest person in the room.  

A wise woman doesn't gossip about her neighbors (under her real name) on the internet either, but Lori never let that stop her.

Well, all I can say is Lori is finally having a debate with someone (almost) on her level. 

I'm assuming the six-year-old is somewhat brighter, but still...

Oh  I so wish someone could find out who this neighbor is (if this incident even happened) and tell the parents about Lori's comment.

I'm sure it will come up in conversation once the little girl gets home.  I have no doubt that her neighbors are well versed in her cultish ways and snotty attitude.  

Thanks to everyone who help me sort out the Jesus/church=husband/wife confusion.  In my church going years I either never heard it put that way, or I just wasn't paying attention.  The way I remember my raising and community, there was never a "why" for behaviors, it was simply the way it was done.  I don't remember anyone ever expressing the reason women primarily stayed home nor do I remember anyone ever questioning it.  It was all just a way the entire community lived.  Plenty women did work, like those in my family, maybe I was too young to notice if anyone hassled them about it.  I guess that's my main hitch with Lori...she doesn't know how to let things be.  She's got to feel that measure of control somehow, somewhere.  

Spoiler

"None of these boys will ever wear dresses!"

A word on always and never statements from Out of the Fog (bolding is mine): 

Definition:

"Always" and "Never" Statements are declarations containing the words "always" or "never". They are commonly used but rarely true.

Description:

“Always” and “Never” statements are frequently used by people when they are arguing in order to emphasize or illustrate the merits of their position. “Always” and “Never” statements are usually exaggerations, which serve an illustrative purpose and are understood by both parties to be hyperbole and not literal. As the self-contradicting adage says, “Always and Never statements are always false and never true.”

“Always” and “Never” statements are also very frequently used by individuals who suffer from personality disorders, because they fit neatly into the split, black and white world of their thinking. They are most often used in an accusatory, argumentative or self-pitying way.

I have been fortunate to travel quite a bit lately, especially in the South Pacific Islands. The interesting thing is that people of these islands were happily following their own beliefs about Higher Powers when the European missionaries came and converted them to Christianity. Now they are largely far more conservative than Europeans are, with strong family and village units. However, on nearly all of these islands (Samoa, American Samoa, Fiji, Tonga), men wear skirts that go by different names. School uniforms for boys consist of skirts. These strict Christian men wear skirts. 

Lori really needs to get outside of Carlsbad CA and Door County WI a little. 

I am still in shock over the Lori gossip post of this morning and then I saw a commenter on yesterday's post told that woman who asked about the benefits of marriage that she has aspergers and that something is wrong with her biologically. 

https://thingsgodlywomensay.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/women-who-dont-want-to-get-married-have-asperger-syndrome/

Anybody know why Lori has her grandkids so much?!? Remember the good old days when Ken used to love to hear Ryan talk about how feminine Erin was? How Erin always greeted Ryan with a warm smile each evening and fulfilled his every wish? 

I guess feminine little Erin has one toe in the FEMINIST camp if she's...gasp...working so much that she needs a sitter. 

I'm glad she is working if she enjoys it but I think it's pretty shitty of her to leave those kids with Lori so much. Those kids deserve a better caregiver than that abusive  terrible excuse for a mother and grandmother. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived