IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 4: Will She Blog Post the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

@Melissa1977 was that directed at me? I didn't mean to imply that I thought something is wrong. If anything, it's kind of abnormal IMO just how many people this site follows have wedding night babies. I assumed Chelsy was going to be one of them because, well, they practically all are, and I'm just surprised that she's not. But I agree, she hasn't been married long enough to assume anything at all.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, meee said:

@Melissa1977 was that directed at me? I didn't mean to imply that I thought something is wrong. If anything, it's kind of abnormal IMO just how many people this site follows have wedding night babies. I assumed Chelsy was going to be one of them because, well, they practically all are, and I'm just surprised that she's not. But I agree, she hasn't been married long enough to assume anything at all.

My comment was general. But when a couple wants kids (and I'm sure Chelsy wants) every month with no pregnancy is painful. If people look surprised because a pregnancy doesn't occur in the first month trying, they are making things worse for that couple. not only for fundies, it's a general thing.

This said, I don't think all of them are getting pregnant in the wedding night. Some of the fundie couples are extremely young and of course it makes them more fertile. But other couples have had to wait a longer period.

20 hours ago, Foudeb said:

@Melissa1977 yes, a thousand times yes. 

Playing guessing games around other people's fertility is not helpful. It could make them feel stressed about not having conceived on day one, and then feeling stressed that the stress is what's preventing it from happening.

And I think it is kinda weird, TBH

I know we aren't surprised when there are honeymoon babies in fundie land but I hope more fundies take their time getting to know each other after the wedding and don't immediately have full intercourse. I couldn't imagine going to from not even being allowed to hold hands to being expected to have sex after a 3 hour ceremony/reception. Especially considering the average age of these couples and with how often and how loudly they've been told sex is bad.

5 hours ago, bertnee said:

I know we aren't surprised when there are honeymoon babies in fundie land but I hope more fundies take their time getting to know each other after the wedding and don't immediately have full intercourse. I couldn't imagine going to from not even being allowed to hold hands to being expected to have sex after a 3 hour ceremony/reception. Especially considering the average age of these couples and with how often and how loudly they've been told sex is bad.

I think it’s mainly the last part that plays into it...  because “a non-fundie friend” has told me they have had sex just after meeting someone.....

There's definitely an undertone of "i didn't get the wedding i wanted" in all of her wedding posts

Spoiler

sweet-cheeks-stock-photo-676226.jpg

DId Prissy Chris take those photos?  Because IMO, most of them are stilted as hell and just...not good.

The very last one...holding your freezing bride in a snowy field poorly wrapped in a blanket with her dirty feet facing the camera....:no:

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

DId Prissy Chris take those photos?  Because IMO, most of them are stilted as hell and just...not good.

The very last one...holding your freezing bride in a snowy field poorly wrapped in a blanket with her dirty feet facing the camera....:no:

She claimed she wanted that picture. She’s farm girl tough you know. 

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I’m sure it would have looked better in the warm weather wedding she wanted. 

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

The very last one...holding your freezing3 bride in a snowy field poorly wrapped in a blanket with her dirty feet facing the camera....:no:

No Prissy Chris didn't take any wedding pics thank Rufus.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:06 AM, SPHASH said:

No Prissy Chris didn't take any wedding pics thank Rufus.

But Nathan did!

8091FB05-824C-4194-B330-076CBF974279.jpeg

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But Nathan did!

8091FB05-824C-4194-B330-076CBF974279.jpeg

Thats pretty rude of Crazy Eyed Nate to do that.  Fucker.

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Thats pretty rude of Crazy Eyed Nate to do that.  Fucker.

I think Chelsy mentioned in the blog post that she appreciated Nathan getting that shot with his cellphone.

That photograph of her dress makes the fabric look much lighter and sparkly-er than it looks in other picture. Some pictures from the front make the fabric look too heavy for that style. 

On 7/2/2018 at 3:47 PM, scoutsadie said:

I think Chelsy mentioned in the blog post that she appreciated Nathan getting that shot with his cellphone.

Chelsy is not a very negative person. She has a tendency to make things sound better than they actually are. A sort of positive spin on everything. So if one of her ILs annoyed her with inappropriate phone photography during her ceremony, I doubt she would express that in her blog. 

On 6/30/2018 at 7:21 AM, danvillebelle said:

God, no.  Chris didn't take those photos.  No a single ominous cloud, power line, rest room sign, or shot straight up the nostrils in the bunch.  And even the naked feet pose was shot straight and not at a skewed artsyish angle.

I got a shock when I saw the pictures in the house.  A college friend of Mr. P's is from Washington, Iowa and we visited his parents' home there once.  The staircase, pillar, and built in bench are identical to that grand old house.  They sold the house soon afterwards and it is probably quite a common style in the town.   However, it quite took me back to Thanksgiving 1983.   I've never been so cold in life as that week in Iowa.  How Chelsy managed barefoot and with just a shawl and blanket boggles my mind.

The fact that Chelsy explained how her Amish/Mennonite heritage connects to Taco Soup makes me feel better about it.  Haystacks and Taco-ish foods are staples for those groups as well as for Seventh Day Adventists.

The Bontragers seem very f*n loving, I hope they are able to open up some doors for the kid-dults trapped in Maxhell.

That inflatable in the truck will never not irk me but I love that someone (I am guessing a kid) drew a big kissy mouth on the driver door, I didn’t see that in previous posts. That alone undid years of Steve protecting his children from the evil internet. 

I don't know if this has been established, but it looks like Michelle, Jim Bob, and John David attended.

21 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't know if this has been established, but it looks like Michelle, Jim Bob, and John David attended.

Yes, we saw them in the crowd. We assumed John flew them to the wedding. Too bad the Burnett’s didn’t attend! I’m almost positive they know the Bontragers. 

Anyone notice the difference in goodbyes between the families? The Bontragers are full hugging and look comfortable and John’s family is all side hugging and stiff.

I understand why this is the case - because for fundie families receptions aren’t really a thing - but I thought it amusing how Chelsy had to explain why they were providing a meal at their reception and also pointed out that they left at - gasp! - 8pm. 

For fundies, the meal seems fine. However it seems that yet again, Chelsy would have much preferred a warm weather wedding. Her brothers all had very large receptions that were fine outside. There’s usually plenty of room outdoors. Chelsy said they had to squeeze a lot of people in a space not large enough for the crowd. 

55 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Still doesn't sound like a full meal.

I don't think the Mennonites around me (very conservative, not quite horse and buggie though) would serve taco soup. From what I understand, they serve a full meal like chicken, potatoes, vegetables, pies, etc.

I find it interesting she chose to share the picture of Pastor Caldwell and his wife. Is it because they are on Counting On?

1 hour ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I don't think the Mennonites around me (very conservative, not quite horse and buggie though) would serve taco soup. From what I understand, they serve a full meal like chicken, potatoes, vegetables, pies, etc.

I find it interesting she chose to share the picture of Pastor Caldwell and his wife. Is it because they are on Counting On?

Taco soup doesn't sound appetizing or filling.  If they wanted soup they should have gotten something more heartier like chili, vegetable beef stew or my favorite, knoephla which has German roots.  Here is a pic I found on the Bontragers latest post which is gag-worthy.  Judgy Chelsy does not look pregnant.

IMG_2896.jpg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived