IGNORED

Zach and Whitney Bates: Part 5

Jellybean

Of late we’ve heard that Nathan is actually a friendly one (go figure)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I imagine Lawson likes hanging out with Ben and Jessa more than Derick and Jill. I’ve rarely seen Lawson posing with Sam or Izzy. 

Who could blame him? I bet even a lot of fundies think that these two are a pain in the ass.

9 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Of late we’ve heard that Nathan is actually a friendly one (go figure)

I think it makes sense that the extroverted ones come across as more nice to the people that meet them briefly. I bet Lawson for example is super happy to pose for pictures with the "fans" haha

5 minutes ago, llucie said:

I think it makes sense that the extroverted ones come across as more nice to the people that meet them briefly. I bet Lawson for example is super happy to pose for pictures with the "fans" haha

I agree. I can imagine Lawson is loved wherever he goes. He’s very outgoing and friendly. He loves to talk so fans will be happy to listen to him prattle on about his music. I don’t hate Lawson. I just think that if I knew him in person for an extended period, I would probably grow a little tired of his attention seeking. Although in small amounts I would probably enjoy him. 

Lawson seems like the type who could be tolerable in very low doses and as long as no one asked him any difficult questions. I don't see him handling it well if someone challenged him about his beliefs or his family's lifestyle. 

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Lawson seems like the type who could be tolerable in very low doses and as long as no one asked him any difficult questions. I don't see him handling it well if someone challenged him about his beliefs or his family's lifestyle. 

He’s already reacted badly. Anyone else remember when he pushed his way into the Instagram comments section on Cherin’s account after someone questioned her about Gothard?

I don't imagine any of the Bates would handle it well if challenged about their beliefs. They seem to keep themselves in a pretty tight bubble of people who pretty much agree with them. Sure they get Instagram comments, but that is different than having to have the discussion face to face. 

See who walked in without removing shoes.  :)

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

See who walked in without removing shoes.  :)

looks like Carlin  and I can't tell if those are shoes on Katie's feet or tiny socks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Whitney was pregnant with #3 and miscarried unfortunately . The family revealed it on tonight's Bates Facebook Live. 

IOn the FB live for tonight’s episode, many people were asking if Zach and Whitney wanted more kids and Zach announced that they recently suffered a miscarriage and Whitney has started and stopped IG posts to announce it several times. They said Bradley was very upset and really wants a brother. It looked like Whitney was wiping away tears.

She did. My biggest pet peeve by far, is people who constantly badger people about their fertility and family plans. She asked Zach if they should bring it up since so many people were asking when they were having a

third.

Do the FB lives ever get released later? I would be interested in watching this one. Poor Whitney and poor Zach. I wonder if that mysterious announcement was for #3 but then it got pulled because something happened. It's of course very common and statistically likely in a family of the Bates' size, but my heart goes out to them and I hope they can have the additional children they want (my guess is 2 more) while loving on the two they seem to adore. 

3 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Do the FB lives ever get released later? I would be interested in watching this one. Poor Whitney and poor Zach. I wonder if that mysterious announcement was for #3 but then it got pulled because something happened. It's of course very common and statistically likely in a family of the Bates' size, but my heart goes out to them and I hope they can have the additional children they want (my guess is 2 more) while loving on the two they seem to adore. 

Thank you thank you! 

Lawson was definitely try to be the spokesperson/tv personality. Kelly Jo was so annoying and came across as intentionally ditsy. Lawson and Kelly were both trying to talk over everyone, including each other. Whitney did not look excited to be there, understandably. And neither did Josie to be honest, even though her news is happy. 

Zach was the one who spoke about the miscarriage. Kelly annoyingly brought the attention on her. Whitney seems to be very upset still and I hope she was ok with Zach bringing it up. By the fact that everyone knew she was pregnant it sounds like it was maybe a later (2nd trimester?) loss. 

They have a tendency to break pregnancy news before the pee stick has dried (excepting maybe Alyssa), so it could have easily been an earlier loss. Whenever it happened, I'm sorry for their loss.

Wow, Zach's comments at -2:10 are actually pretty  gracious, and mature. I'm impressed. That level of introspection seems rare from the Bates family. 

Very sad news from Zach and Whitney. Bradley being upset I think got to me the most. Losing the unborn child is sad enough for most couples, but having to a child greive with you would make it so much harder. 

I've remembered also we had a lot to speculation back in late June (page 8 of this discussion) about Whitney being pregnant as there was supposedly a leaked annoucement video that was quickly deleted. Josie's engagement seemed like the reason it was pushed back, but it's also possible she miscarried around that time and so it was taken down.

Josie's engagement was announced June 23. Whitney's last post on Instagram was June 21 for Kaci's second birthday, and then nothing until July 9 for Papa Bill's 80th birthday. It seems likely if they pushed back their annoucement for Josie, that her loss occured sometime after their vow renewal and Kaci's birthday, but before the weekend in July for Papa Bill's birthday (where they did those additional photo shoots with the families).

Either way, she's been pretty quiet on social media and (in my opinion) you can see she was quite distressed during the live video. I think Zac did the right thing addressing it, because (similar to Michael) unless you tell people otherwise they will continue to ask on social media and I really don't think that helps at all. I hope Whitney, Zac and their family are able to feel more joyful again when they are ready.

So the video anouncing the pregnancy that was posted on accident on tlc was real! i guess they were at least 8 weeks when it hapened if they had already recorded a video anouncing it.

11 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Wow, Zach's comments at -2:10 are actually pretty  gracious, and mature. I'm impressed. That level of introspection seems rare from the Bates family. 

Zach has been a working police officer for several years. He has probably been exposed to quite a lot. Maybe it has led to some thinking and reflecting. 

23 hours ago, nausicaa said:

First off I am sorry to hear about Whitney's miscarriage.  I can tell from the video that it's very hard on her.  No doubt, Zach is giving her all his love and support.

That said, I am also impressed with Zach's comments.  He definitely comes off as mature and I am sorry to think that years ago, during the Sarah Reith failed courtship, that I thought of him as a complete country bumpkin.   Though his mother sure acts like it.  I found Kelly completely annoying.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived