IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen: Part 4

Jellybean

On 6/18/2018 at 3:15 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I believe when she got her tube cleared out Dr Vick told her to wait at least one cycle before trying again. 

pics from this weekend

Hide contents

Do you all think that Dr. Vick meant just stop testing for a month or for them to stop trying at all?  If it's the later, would that just mean total abstinence?  How else could they "not try" since BC is off the table?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, ModestisHottest said:

Do you all think that Dr. Vick meant just stop testing for a month or for them to stop trying at all?  If it's the later, would that just mean total abstinence?  How else could they "not try" since BC is off the table?

I'm not sure I feel like it was don't try but you're right about the abstinence thing I'd have to go back and find the clip 

5 hours ago, ModestisHottest said:

A lot of people get pregnant just the month after of having their tubes flushed so it would be strange to him to advice them not to try that month.  I think he meant stoping the testing and seeing if this worked.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, llucie said:

A lot of people get pregnant just the month after of having their tubes flushed so it would be strange to him to advice them not to try that month.  I think he meant stoping the testing and seeing if this worked.

I'd say the majority of those I know who have tried getting their tubes cleared get pregnant quickly... I could be wrong but I thought they were suppose to wait one cycle to avoid tubal pregnancies though.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I'd say the majority of those I know who have tried getting their tubes cleared get pregnant quickly... I could be wrong but I thought they were suppose to wait one cycle to avoid tubal pregnancies though.

Sadly doesnt seem to have worked for her....Didnt know that, if they advise to wait a month them thats surely what dr. vick mentioned. I think they purposely leave everything very vague when they show Michaella going to doctors, so its dificult to make sense of it all, but i really respect that they are doing this, its something very private.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

@llucie i could very easily be wrong, I've not been through it personally. I've just known others and that is what I gathered in passing.

I was not told that after I had it done. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I do t remember being told to take a break or use bc when I had it done. I will tell y’all, I was pregnant within a few months.  Not immediately but around five months later. 

Edited by QuiverDance
  • Upvote 2

I had my tubes flushed on cycle day 10 and then we did insemination on day 15 of the same cycle. I did get pregnant but it ended in miscarriage (it was not caused by the hsg). 

• Love 2

Not my beliefs, but based on the notion of "leaving it all up to Him," that some like to parrot, wouldn't this notion also work in the reverse? If you fully accept any and all blessings that He gives you, wouldn't you also have to gracefully accept if He decides to give you zero? I do wonder how someone like MK deals with that thought?

Is logic and reasoning always trained out of fundies?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Not my beliefs, but based on the notion of "leaving it all up to Him," that some like to parrot, wouldn't this notion also work in the reverse? If you fully accept any and all blessings that He gives you, wouldn't you also have to gracefully accept if He decides to give you zero? I do wonder how someone like MK deals with that thought?

Is logic and reasoning always trained out of fundies?

Probably because the Bible says be fruitful and multiply so they think it's "of the devil" or something to be infertile. Just a guess

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:47 AM, VelociRapture said:

As far as we know, they haven’t. Michael had some tests done, I think they flushed her tubes, and I think they met with Dr. Vick too. Michael had a chat with Erin (on the show) where she mentioned they were going to take a break at some point and that they might consider adopting in the future. 

It’s a break from treatment, not a break from trying. Dr. Vick told them that since nothing seems to be wrong, they should try naturally for three months. But that was a while ago.

• Upvote 5

Michael and Brandon posted some pictures of them having fun with jud and jeb (playing legos, swimming, playing Ticket to Ride (love that game!). I'm not sure if it was over at the Bates' compound or at their own home, but it seems to me that Michael appreciates these kids so much more than their actual parents do. And that makes me really sad, both for Michael as she obviously loves kids but is struggling with infertility, and for the younger Bates kids, who are stuck with detached parents who seem to care more about their grandchildren than their own youngest kids. Just sad, all around, sad.

• Upvote 10

Michael made a couple of posts about the same visit. Once again, all five of her underage brothers came to stay with them. At least this time they're not in the tiny apartment anymore. I still have know idea how they all fit last time.

Anyway, looks like Jackson, Warden and Isaiah helped Brandon clear their yard.

They also went mini-golfing with some of Brandon's sisters:

Spoiler

• Upvote 7

I'm assuming that Alyssa and Michael are getting these dresses from this person Rachel free in exchange for a social media promo, right?

Aren't you supposed to do some sort of disclaimer for that?

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Michael looks happy and relaxed.

That dress would be so much more flattering without that frumpy white vest thing.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm assuming that Alyssa and Michael are getting these dresses from this person Rachel free in exchange for a social media promo, right?

Aren't you supposed to do some sort of disclaimer for that?

I'm wondering if there's some kind of loophole if you're 'just doing it as a favour for a friend' and that's why she mentioned her 'friend' and hashtagged it #friendship. Total speculation because I really have no idea how any of this works.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm wondering if there's some kind of loophole if you're 'just doing it as a favour for a friend' and that's why she mentioned her 'friend' and hashtagged it #friendship. Total speculation because I really have no idea how any of this works.

I am wondering that too.  Maybe if you don't have a formal contract (ala the Kardashaiii and their social media ilk) that gives you cold cash in exchange for social media posts promoting a product, it doesn't count? 

Still, I firmly believe that Rachel the Mountain Aire Lady has mailed Michael and Alyssa these dresses for free.

• Upvote 1

I dont know who this Rachel is, but i want to thank her for mailing a decent dress to Michaella. She has such an awful taste in clothes in general that even with the crocheted vest this look is an improvement.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

That's a pretty daring neckline for Michaela. She's usually the one who wears a modesty shirt under everything, so this is somewhat surprising. Maybe part of the deal with her "friend" was that she not ruin the dress with a modesty panel. :D

• Upvote 1

With all the the tests on Michael, were any tests performed on Brandon? I don't think I ever really saw yes or no. 

• Upvote 2

@anjulibai I think they said in one episode that both had tests done and went into the clinic in their own. Dr. Vick also mentioned a statistics about male infertility or so. IIrc it was the one when they traveled to see Dr. Vick for possible tube blockage.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic