IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen: Part 4

Jellybean

On 6/20/2018 at 9:11 AM, SassyPants said:

Not my beliefs, but based on the notion of "leaving it all up to Him," that some like to parrot, wouldn't this notion also work in the reverse? If you fully accept any and all blessings that He gives you, wouldn't you also have to gracefully accept if He decides to give you zero? I do wonder how someone like MK deals with that thought?

Is logic and reasoning always trained out of fundies?

You would think. But these people are taught that a woman's value and status derives from having children. Being a mother. The more kids, the higher the status. 

And I think these types also believe that if they have problems conceiving it could show they're not "blessed".  

So they become desperate to have children. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

On 8/15/2018 at 10:35 AM, VineHeart137 said:

I imagine the fact that they've hit three years with no babies in sight, especially in comparison to Michael's fertile myrtle siblings, has not been lost on her or Brandon. No reason to bring it up in their anniversary message, Kelly.

Having babies is what their entire culture is about. It's everything. Women are truly worthless in that culture if they don't have kids. So Kelly's post was probably actually her attempt to be protective and loving. 

Their world is very different. Brandon and Michael's childless state is not something anyone in that community forgets. Especially not Michael. Every anniversary that goes by without a child is a knife in the heart for her. And not just because infertility when people want kids is horrible for everyone, but because in their world, it's completely and irrevocably catastrophic. 

The meaning of life for them is women bearing and raising kids. And Michael isn't doing that. 

So her mom's message under a picture of a family that consists of only two, was probably her way to protect her daughter from whispers of God's disfavor. And also from whispers in Michael's own head. 

What a cruel God they believe in to deny a sweet and super maternal woman something she longs for so greatly and in their culture, would be considered as perfect for. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 7

On 8/15/2018 at 1:09 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

so I was checking out the Ellie blog and in honor of the Keilen's three year anniversary she posted an up clip of their photo shoot something stood out to me that I guess I didn't really catch the first time around. originally they were going to do the shoot before the wedding but were running late. Now this makes no sense to me in Fundy land. if they had done them all pre ceremony there would be no ring pictures. there would be no kissing pictures. it really just made no sense to me. 

https://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2018/08/keilens-celebrate-3-years.html

Wouldn't they just do the kissing photos after? Lots of people do much of the photos before and then add others after. 

On 9/20/2018 at 6:17 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a personal theory that Derick has some long lasting serious issues surrounding his father’s death and his mom’s cancer (there was a time when they thought she might not make it). He seemed to jump from one thing to another to fix his problems. He became Pistol Pete to honor his dad. Then he jumped into religion and missionary work in Nepal. Then he jumped into marriage with Jill. After that, he quit his stable job and dragged Jill to scary America where she didn’t do well with a new baby. So he came back and tried about three more things that didn’t work out. Now he’s in law school. Which most likely won’t work out either. He needs therapy. Like yesterday. New jobs aren’t going to fix  your lingering grief issues.

Or he was just a young man who should've had more time to decide what he really wants to do before getting married and popping out two kids. 

I think a lot of people in their twenties jump from job to job or interest to interest. They travel. They switch majors. The problem is he was expected to make babies and be a stolid family man by 25. 

Many do but some aren't truly equipped. 

Maybe he just missed out on freedom?  

• Upvote 10

I'm with Jermajesty. I've said this before... I see depression written all over this situation. Derick needs therapy and probably also meds. Jill likely does as well b/c depressed S.O.s will make you depressed b/c they blame you for everything.

I also don't disagree that Derick may also have benefited from more freedom and dating before settling down ... but Derick chose this. Yes, he was fundie before Jill, but he was also Pistol Pete. His mother (on camera) mentioned her worry about rushing into things with Jill IIRC when he got a big Duggar welcome at the airport when he got home from Nepal (and he and Jill front hugged by mistake!) I think in the moment he felt he won the lottery finding the perfect Proverbs 31 woman (as he said himself). Derick didn't seem to have other people pressuring him (except JB probably once he got in deep). He was probably trying to find stability. If he does suffer from depression, it is cyclical. In good times things seem great. I'm sure it all looked like sunshine and roses to him at the time.

That said, if you're depressed you'll regret anything...  even if it wasn't wrong for you and even (or maybe especially) if you chose it for yourself.

• Upvote 7

Possibly she just doesn't like to post shots with her midsection visible because she doesn't want comments.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Domesticchicky said:

Is it possible she is hiding/clutching a baby bump here? 

A27520F4-C87D-440E-BFBC-40E4E09AA694.png

I really, really doubt it.. its just a coincidence.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Domesticchicky said:

Is it possible she is hiding/clutching a baby bump here? 

Can we not put women's bodies under the microscope speculating something that is no one's business until an announcement?

This penchant for searching for clues by studying their bodies that pops up now and again is just gross.  

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

48 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Can we not put women's bodies under the microscope speculating something that is no one's business until an announcement?

This penchant for searching for clues by studying their bodies that pops up now and again is just gross.  

Way to read something ugly into a well-meaning comment. ?

When you’ve gone through infertility you have the same excited/hopeful feelings for those going through it - not one single bit of shade being thrown her way - more hope/excitement that her prayers are answered...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Domesticchicky said:

When you’ve gone through infertility you have the same excited/hopeful feelings for those going through it - not one single bit of shade being thrown her way - more hope/excitement that her prayers are answered...

You can have all the positive feelings you like but that doesn't change the fact that there is nothing kind about examining women's bodies and publicly discussing them to speculate on pregnancy that isn't ugly.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Domesticchicky said:

I am sure you have good intentions with your comment, personally i dont think it was a mean comment. But i dont think that photo means anything. Every few months this speculation begins with her, i think people want to see something because they are hoping she gets pregnant so they see signs were there is nothing.

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Possibly she just doesn't like to post shots with her midsection visible because she doesn't want comments.

Nor do I.  I camouflage my permanent burrito bump as much as possible

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

So I know we have mentioned before that Michael and Brandon always do the same pose on their pictures but a blessed soul on tumblr actually took the time to do this ?

Seriously can’t they like at least switch sides or something?

BA4B42B2-E634-4E3F-AC4C-B2E63E89920D.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 8
  • Haha 32
  • Love 2

I think it’s because he’s always doing a right-handed selfie. I wish they would mix it up, but I also think it’s a sign that they’re not planning ahead for photo ops or being followed around by photographers like some of her more attention hungry siblings

• Upvote 21

On 10/2/2018 at 4:34 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You can have all the positive feelings you like but that doesn't change the fact that there is nothing kind about examining women's bodies and publicly discussing them to speculate on pregnancy that isn't ugly.  

But isn’t that exactly what happens all over this forum all the time? Jessa has been speculated on for months now. Whitney was a strong contender too and she actually was and then miscarried. I am not saying it is ok but I see it happening all the time so I don’t get the problem with speculating on Michael.

On 10/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, llucie said:

I am sure you have good intentions with your comment, personally i dont think it was a mean comment. But i dont think that photo means anything. Every few months this speculation begins with her, i think people want to see something because they are hoping she gets pregnant so they see signs were there is nothing.

I think you are right but I am always astonished why people would cheer for her while at the same time hoping the others would stop having children. I get it for the people who show themselves as awful parents but the younger generation portraits as very sweet, caring and loving families. So why do people hope (for example) Erin stops? I hope for every poor little soul born into this cult that its parents will do more gentle and understanding than their parents but I fear they are still at least very much at the verge of abuse. Michael will be no different I guess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

But isn’t that exactly what happens all over this forum all the time? Jessa has been speculated on for months now. Whitney was a strong contender too and she actually was and then miscarried. I am not saying it is ok but I see it happening all the time so I don’t get the problem with speculating on Michael.

I think you are right but I am always astonished why people would cheer for her while at the same time hoping the others would stop having children. I get it for the people who show themselves as awful parents but the younger generation portraits as very sweet, caring and loving families. So why do people hope (for example) Erin stops? I hope for every poor little soul born into this cult that its parents will do more gentle and understanding than their parents but I fear they are still at least very much at the verge of abuse. Michael will be no different I guess.

In the case of Erin maybe people are scared for her and the baby, since she has to have premature babies and shots all the pregnancy because of her condition.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

When I see people making comments about their bodies for pregnancy speculation I call it out.  I don't read every post.  It's a personal thing with me - I think it's one of the rudest parts of FJ.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

14 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Is Michaela not going to Josie's wedding?

I don't see why she wouldn't. I follow a FB fundie page and a poster there claimed to have been at the airport in TN last night, and she happened to spot Michael and Brandon getting picked up by Gil. Assuming that's true she's in town.

• Love 1

It's so funny to see them at Niagara Falls. My husband and I went there for our 25th anniversary this past May and I have just about all those photo ops on my phone lol. I'd love to know where they stayed. It was so expensive, everywhere we went! 

• I Agree 1

55 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

It's so funny to see them at Niagara Falls. My husband and I went there for our 25th anniversary this past May and I have just about all those photo ops on my phone lol. I'd love to know where they stayed. It was so expensive, everywhere we went! 

I was there in July. You ain't kidding. The Canada tax (15%?....can't remember already) and the approximate 6% Niagara tax made our 3 people IHOP check, including a children's meal over $100 (CAD). Speaking of IHOP, there seemed to be one every few blocks. I loved the Falls though. Wonder if they enjoyed Clifton Hill. 

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic