IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, bea said:

It may be addressed in a topic I don’t read, but how is Lourdes these days? Anyone know?

Still in college, but switched from engineering to fashion design or similar.  Her fb shows she's in a relationship, but no details. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Howl said:

Still in college, but switched from engineering to fashion design or similar.  Her fb shows she's in a relationship, but no details. 

I read here that she was on a reality courtroom show in a conflict with an ex-boyfriend.  No further info though. 

This is the Instagram for her design stuff: https://www.instagram.com/lordessbylourdes/

Seems like she's doing well.

Kelcie paid a visit to the Turley's:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlCG_3dHUm9/?taken-by=kelcieyeo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlCGslCHb_H/?taken-by=kelcieyeo

They're still worshiping at the alter of the Confederacy, it seems.

Just imagine if some young woman had waltzed into a Vision Forum conference in this halter top. Oh, the pearls that would have been clutched! The tender, young eyes that would have been covered by feminine lady-hands! The outrage-filled blog posts that would have been written by Stacy and Kelly! The manly, post-conference phone calls between Doug and Scott and Geoff about what to "do" with such women!

Thanks, DWT, for reminding us once again of the motto on the Phillips family's crest: 

Praecepta? Et non est in nobis.

(The rules? They do not apply to us. )

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Just imagine if some young woman had waltzed into a Vision Forum conference in this halter top. Oh, the pearls that would have been clutched! The tender, young eyes that would have been covered by feminine lady-hands! The outrage-filled blog posts that would have been written by Stacy and Kelly! The manly, post-conference phone calls between Doug and Scott and Geoff about what to "do" with such women!

The way that broke-ass hat ribbon is coming out from behind her jawline looks like pus. 

The Phillipses just bring out the major snark in me. 

8 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

The way that broke-ass hat ribbon is coming out from behind her jawline looks like pus. 

The Phillipses just bring out the major snark in me. 

I am obsessed with videos of cysts popping so I definitely concur. This girl always strikes me as super goony and probably eats up all of her dad’s ridiculous shit.

55 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

I am obsessed with videos of cysts popping so I definitely concur. This girl always strikes me as super goony and probably eats up all of her dad’s ridiculous shit.

You're assuming that dad has or ever had any religious shit to eat up.  But, that said, she does seem to he Daddy's girl and seems to work hard to set herself apart.  Look at the wedding pics.  Every one wears blue, she wears RED, every one seems uncomfortable with DPIART yet she hangs on his arm.  In other photos, when everyone looks left, she looks right.  I think that plays into the vintage thing too.  And Daddy Dearest responds... come sing with me my darling... come to NYC to be cool with me my darling... let my ego feed your ego darling.

Sorry, I digress.  They just make me cranky.

30 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Sorry, I digress.  They just make me cranky.

To paraphrase Alice Roosevelt Longworth, come sit your cranky self next to me. They make me want to chew a bowl of carpet tacks.

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Yes, but it's the most vintage, feminine, dainty pus in the whole wide world. 

8 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Yeah, I have a daughter the same age and I cannot imagine my daughter doing, saying, posting any of the same crazy stuff. Can you imagine buying fro yo from her? What do other teens or hey coworkers think of her? She's just the crazy awkward homeschooled girl? 

Wow, Faith's Pintrest looks like the 1940s and 1920s had a baby which threw up everywhere!

On 7/11/2018 at 12:58 AM, Anonymousguest said:

What do other teens or hey coworkers think of her? She's just the crazy awkward homeschooled girl? 

She has good composure on camera and speaks in complete sentences without "uh" or "so, like".  I suspect this has been carefully coached.  She probably comes across as much older than she is.    

4 hours ago, Howl said:

She has good composure on camera and speaks in complete sentences without "uh" or "so, like".  I suspect this has been carefully coached.  She probably comes across as much older than she is.    

Or pretentious

On 7/12/2018 at 2:09 PM, Howl said:

She looks it, too.  Her face shape doesn't lend itself well to harsh vampy-fifties makeup and it ages her considerably.  Scrubbed clean, she looks so much  younger and prettier, but I imagine she doesn't get nearly as much attention, from strangers or from her cosplay-loving dad.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:58 AM, Anonymousguest said:

Can you imagine buying fro yo from her? What do other teens or hey coworkers think of her?

Faith commented on Instagram that she often wears vintage style clothes to work, and plays 40s music while there. She said that customers sometimes mistake it for the theme of the shop.

I'm pretty sure the fro yo place she works at is self service, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's frequently only one person on duty per shift, and not a lot of interaction with co-workers, which might be how she gets away with it. Otherwise I can't imagine no one would complain about having to listen to it.

Amazing comments. “What are you two crazy kids going to do? Something romantic...” (not exact quotes, just the gist and a few keywords)

11 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

A surprise gift from Doug:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlISIcpHX1O/?taken-by=hannahsnow23

To Hannah, that is.

Ugh.  Creepy behaviour is his default, isn't it?  

Poor Beall.  I know a lot of people have no sympathy for her, but I can't imagine having a passel of kids, no job history, and being a Christian but having a husband who consistently disrespects her with his sexual immorality.  

I can't bring myself to have a lot of sympathy for her, but I definitely don't envy her.

When you think about, the fall of Vision Forum has probably hit Beall the hardest.

Instead of being married to some former VF intern and popping out a baby each year, Lourdes is in school, traveling, having boyfriends, designing clothes. *

Instead of ankle length skirts and the stay at home daughter life, the younger Phillips ladies are wearing pants and halter tops, working, traveling, and literally dancing in the streets of New York.

Beall? She's gone from writing/hosting Vision Forum materials, traveling, living in a massive home complete with an indoor pool, and getting to throw her weight around as the "Wife of a Visionary" to (most likely) working in elder care, selling her plasma, bouncing between a series of dumpy short-term rentals, and being continually and publicly humiliated by her husband's antics.

Doug, of course, is the same bucket of sleaze he always was, only now he doesn't even need to pretend to hide behind a veneer of Christian righteousness. He just keeps bobbing back up to the surface, like the piece of shit he is.

*Note: I'm not at all suggesting that what Doug did to Lourdes was somehow a good thing, only that her escape from VF and it's ultimate downfall have enabled her to create a life she would have never had within the cult.

7 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I can't bring myself to have a lot of sympathy for her, but I definitely don't envy her.

When you think about, the fall of Vision Forum has probably hit Beall the hardest.

Beall Phillips has gone from a life of fraud and theft to a life of earned wages for real work. She has a strange way of trying to maintain her dignity online, but I can't fault her for that too much. Cognitive dissonance is a funny thing. And it's something you understand pretty well if your family, like mine and like those of most of my childhood friends, were caught up in Vision Forum.

The Phillips family are responsible for fraud and theft from people who honestly believed VF was a gift from God to help them raise their children and strengthen their families. And these were not wealthy families. Our family was better-off than most (i.e. we lived in a house we owned) and I remember my mother packing grocery bags full of canned food for people in our homeschool group. Multiple families lived in trailers outside the city, on pastureland a local Christian man let them use. They got water from a well on the property and used an outhouse. There was a lot of fear of secular society and of the government. (But to be fair, with Waco and everything, the government hadn't done itself any favors among insular religious groups.) I'm fairly politically liberal now but we certainly weren't raised like that.

Some people like to act like if you're ignorant, you get what you deserve, but I honestly and truly can't blame the homeschooling families who fell for the VF con. They're responsible to some extent for their actions, but they were also lied to. These families trusted people who seemingly had been raised up by God to bring America back to it's mythic founding values and to Christianity -- they thought following VF teachings, spending their scarce money on books / tapes / conferences etc, raising their daughters solely to manage a household.... was literally God's plan for them, God's will for their family. When you sincerely believe this, it's a matter that's far greater than life or death. We weren't just homeschoolers, we were the young leaders and warriors of a movement that (we were told) would save the country from the forces of evil. So what if we never bought new or stylish clothing? So what if we didn't have a TV? So what if (for some of my friends) we didn't have running water? We thought of these things, at the time, as quite small sacrifices for such a worthy goal. 

Of course, eventually it all collapsed. Some families split up, two that I know of with restraining orders. I know my parents loved me and certainly tried their best but I didn't receive an adequate education and have had to make up a great deal in adult life. I was one of the lucky ones, whereas many of our cohort have struggled tremendously, even failing to attain their GED. 

You tell me what it does psychologically to someone who's told their whole life that they've been given a mission to change the world, and then in adult life they can't get the basic prerequisite for almost any job.

One thing I learned from it all was the importance of not punching down. Far better to mock the rich con artist drunk on his own narcissism than the struggling families who suffered the fallout.

For Beall, I am glad she has become a productive member of society, and I hope one day she will apologize to all the people she and her husband harmed. It is a shame that her husband has abandoned her, but she really ought to have known by now what value he places on truthfulness and integrity. 

11 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

to (most likely) working in elder care,

yup, "It's usually my winter color, but helping my old people requires really short nails,"

It does sound like she considers herself very, very married and it's not likely to change in the future. However, there must be a grass widow element to her marriage, because Doug seems to be everywhere but home. 

I do wonder if part of Beall's selfies and what not are a result of a bit of loneliness, because she has too few, if any, close women friends where she can really let her hair down.  Well, plus her husband has some secrets in the closet, and she sure as hell isn't going to open that door. 

I'm certain she has church, but I lived where she lives and I have never had as much trouble making friends.  I knew someone who had lived there for almost 20 years, and felt the same way. 

As for the girls, I refuse to snark.  At least #sewingtreble has a creative skill and puts it to use.  Is she the daughter that is also "taking courses"?  

And she has a J.O.B. outside the home, something that was literally unthinkable when she was growing up in that household. That is NOT an exaggeration.  Literally unthinkable.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived