IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 33: In touch with gossip

samurai_sarah

I said on here a while ago that I wouldn't be surprised if leghumpers would still leghump even if Josh outright murdered someone. Disgusted, hell yes, but not surprised.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's any way they'll make it to 200 grandchildren. That would be an average of over 10 children per kid. Not impossible, but unlikely. 100 is much more plausible but still not guaranteed.

32 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't think there's any way they'll make it to 200 grandchildren. That would be an average of over 10 children per kid. Not impossible, but unlikely. 100 is much more plausible but still not guaranteed.

I think Josh and Anna will get to ten

I think Jessa will peter out at 4. I think she see's how hard it all is and doesn't want a bunch of littles running around the rest of her life. Henry is 16 months and no signs of baby three. she even makes it a point to say she isn't pregnant. 

Jill and Derick is hard to say I can see her trying to go for a bunch of kids but I don't think it will work for her because I think all her pregnancies will end in c-sections. 

Jinger we'll see how she takes to mother hood.  but with her taking a year to get pregnant be that by fate or design I don't see the big family in her future. 

Kendra and Joe i can see them getting ten or more with her being so young and her easy child birth. 

Joy and Austin I think she wants a lot but with her tough pregnancy and giant baby we'll have to see how that pans out. 

now to see if Si and Lauren have a nine month baby. will they announce grandbaby 13 or will one of the sisters beat him to it. 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

They can't even remember their OWN kids' names, much less grandkids' names.

Truth. Sadly true. It's been proven on the show/s more than once on the show/s.

I have two older and two younger siblings...and even I feel left out most of the time, even pushed aside.

13 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Truth. Sadly true. It's been proven on the show/s more than once on the show/s.

I have two older and two younger siblings...and even I feel left out most of the time, even pushed aside.

I am the only girl and some times my mom still calls me by my brothers names it's like WTF

I think all siblings get called by each other's name at some point, even if there are only two of them.

I have sisters who are identical twins and are very sensitive to being called each other's names, which is unfortunate since it happens a lot!

When my brother entered his teens he started looking a lot like my mom's brother and she went through a phase where she started accidentally calling my brother by my uncle's name.

My husband has the same name as one of his uncles, which is reeeeally confusing since he also became an uncle. There is no longer the distinction of uncle Garrett and son Garrett for example. They both get called uncle Garrett. It’s made for a lot of funny conversations with my MIL, who gets confused/flustered easily! 

5 hours ago, Jellybean said:

My husband has the same name as one of his uncles, which is reeeeally confusing since he also became an uncle. There is no longer the distinction of uncle Garrett and son Garrett for example. They both get called uncle Garrett. It’s made for a lot of funny conversations with my MIL, who gets confused/flustered easily! 

We have that in my family! My dad is Jack, and my 5 year old cousin is Jack (both are after my grandfather Jack, who is no longer with us). Little Jack always gets confused when people adress my dad without the "uncle." 

It was even mire confusing yesterday at my brother's graduation party because his boyfriend-- also Jack-- came to meet the family. Little Jack had his mindblown. 

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I think all siblings get called by each other's name at some point, even if there are only two of them.

I'm an only child and I still get the wrong names, usually my aunts' names but occasionally I get the dogs' names too.

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I am the only girl and some times my mom still calls me by my brothers names it's like WTF

It's just me and my sister, and my mom still calls me my sister's name, the dog's name, or HER sisters' names. 

8 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

100 is apparently what Boob has set his sights on, but even then that needs all of the kids to have at least 3-4 and a few to hit double figures. Since I'm not even sure that Fuckface and Anna will reach 10, that kind of counts it out.

The best bet would be if Jed, Jer and the remaining howlers are pushed to marry super young girls like Joe and Josiah have, and if they are still hanging around Duggarsville and making OK money off car/property-selling, not to mention having a network of babysitters. The more that happens, the bigger likelihood of larger families - since a husband who is off doing missions or ministry studies, like Ben and Jeremy, is going to find it harder to support a larger family.

I can't see any of the Duggar girls except for Joy having more than 4 or 5 because the odds are the men they marry won't be able to support that large a family, not being Duggar boys themselves, and the girls themselves won't want to once the reality of parenthood hits.

29 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I can't see any of the Duggar girls except for Joy having more than 4 or 5 because the odds are the men they marry won't be able to support that large a family, not being Duggar boys themselves, and the girls themselves won't want to once the reality of parenthood hits.

Not to mention that it seems like most of them end up having enormous babies with fairly major labor/birth complications, and they seem oddly opposed to getting proper prenatal care despite having more than enough money to get it. Something will give eventually. Michelle was lucky that until Josie, most of her pregnancies were pretty uneventful. It doesn't seem like it's that way for her daughters. 

I get called my dogs and cats names, and my cousins' names, and my brother's. I also get called Sophie (my name is not Sophie). 

Many of my teachers growing up also taught my dad and aunt when they were in school (small town, very little teacher turnover), and I looked a lot like my aunt when I was younger. I got called by her name a LOT

16 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

What I said was completely based on Duggar Data, which uses the past and current pregnancy lengths, times between them and so on to calculate this (the Predictor also estimates how long courtships and engagements will be). I firmly believe some of the kids, if not half of them will end up with 15-20 kids, it's not impossible especially as Joy-Anna and Kendra are so young... and seem pretty eager on accepting all pregnancies and kids. It's all guessing at this point, but I don't think the data will be that far off. But we'll see in the coming years. I hope that Duggar Data will still exist in the future, talking about like 10 years, but if not... I hope the person keeping it up would release the Predictor so someone could continue the job. I'm so nuts about data so I wouldn't be surprised if people would see me updating it in 2028 :giggle:

Personally, I feel like Dillards won't be getting that many kids. Jill's had difficult pregnancies and births, and it's been speculated that she might've suffered from post-partum depression. Though, I'm not sure if fundies recognise such a condition...

Some of them will definitely end up doing family planning. Be it condoms or "natural" planning that's based on safe days and perhaps pulling out (not sure how cool some Duggar kids would be with this and condoms, as the seed will be oh so wasted).

Duggar Data will be WAY off, and I think the person running it totally acknowledges that. What she's doing is using the current data to say, essentially, 'If they all continue perfectly on this trend, this will be the result'. Obviously that won't happen. Part of the fun is actually in seeing how they diverge from what the data would predict!

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Duggar Data will be WAY off, and I think the person running it totally acknowledges that. What she's doing is using the current data to say, essentially, 'If they all continue perfectly on this trend, this will be the result'. Obviously that won't happen. Part of the fun is actually in seeing how they diverge from what the data would predict!

Yup! That's the fun!

What I'm sort of interested in is how Jana's possible future courtship, marriage and pregnancies will affect the data. Jana will definitely have way less kids, I'll be guessing 4-8. She's already the black sheep of the family in a way. I wonder how many times Mr & Mrs JBoob have pressured her to court... or not, since they might have to start raising their own kids after she leaves. Hmm. :think: Jana's said that she's had plenty of guys approach her. I'm glad she's taking her time, even when it comes with the pressure of being 2nd mother Duggar.

It's gonna be super interesting to see how much the Predictor will have changed by next year. I'm probably gonna have an internal guessing game on who's gonna start courting next.

Someone made a good comment about kids marrying after turning 18. Michelle was 17 when she got married to JB, and they'd probably be alright having the girls marry that young... but they're under a lot of public scrutiny, so marrying underage would be a fucking disaster to their image. I mean, they're already a fucked up trainwreck, but I think that would break the back of a lot of fans.

@finnlassie I'm also really interested to see how it changes over time!

And I'm really not sure about them allowing an underage marriage. My instinct, honestly, is that they would allow it. They've allowed 17-year-olds to court in the past. Michelle was 17 when she married. I guess if I had to make a prediction, I'd say the second gen will all be 18+ when they marry, but I'm not super confident about that. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we saw a 17-year-old Duggar/in-law getting married at some point.

I actually don't think they're that concerned about their public image. Not that they don't care at all - they very obviously do - but they're also fairly clueless, and have very weird and very deeply entrenched beliefs. And their beliefs will win out in the end. So if they believe it's okay for a 17-year-old to get married, they won't care what the internet haters say. Actually, they'll get a lot of support and positive reinforcement from all the others who agree with them. This is definitely a group who think that young marriage is ideal.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

@finnlassie I'm also really interested to see how it changes over time!

And I'm really not sure about them allowing an underage marriage. My instinct, honestly, is that they would allow it. They've allowed 17-year-olds to court in the past. Michelle was 17 when she married. I guess if I had to make a prediction, I'd say the second gen will all be 18+ when they marry, but I'm not super confident about that. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we saw a 17-year-old Duggar/in-law getting married at some point.

I actually don't think they're that concerned about their public image. Not that they don't care at all - they very obviously do - but they're also fairly clueless, and have very weird and very deeply entrenched beliefs. And their beliefs will win out in the end. So if they believe it's okay for a 17-year-old to get married, they won't care what the internet haters say. Actually, they'll get a lot of support and positive reinforcement from all the others who agree with them. This is definitely a group who think that young marriage is ideal.

I suppose I'm in a way biased based on where I'm from. I don't think there's been an underage marriage in years. Those who seek it must get a straight up permission from the president. And the presiden't ain't got time for that shit. Plus, we see it as child marriage even if they're 17 and frown upon it big time. There might be some people would be fine with someone who's 16-17 getting married, but they're extremely rare. I've not heard of anyone accepting underage marriage, and have only read some dramatic books for teens that have teen marriage - but those are from the 60s and very early 70s. Btw, those books are fucking hilarious... but also show the way people thought about the world and what was accepted.

15 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

And the presiden't ain't got time for that shit.

:pb_lol: That is beautiful.

Underage marriage is extremely rare where I live, too. I've never heard of it happening (in recent years, obviously it was more common ~100 years ago). I actually just had to go and look up the legal age to get married in Ontario. Apparently it's 16, but if you're under 18 you have to have written permission from your parents. Like I said, I've never heard of it happening and I'd be very curious to see some numbers re: how many people actually get married before turning 18 here. 

43 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

:pb_lol: That is beautiful.

Underage marriage is extremely rare where I live, too. I've never heard of it happening (in recent years, obviously it was more common ~100 years ago). I actually just had to go and look up the legal age to get married in Ontario. Apparently it's 16, but if you're under 18 you have to have written permission from your parents. Like I said, I've never heard of it happening and I'd be very curious to see some numbers re: how many people actually get married before turning 18 here. 

I think underage marriage is being frowned upon in most parts of the US, I hadn't heard of any underage kids marrying around here in years, the 1st one I've heard about was a classmate of my daughter who married on her 18th birthday 2 months before she graduated. Everyone assumed she was pregnant, she wasn't/isn't but her husband is in the military and was moving overseas shortly after they married and she left to be with him the day after she graduated and they had to be married for her to live on base with him. 

I love Duggar Data, but would love it more if they used the data from the women in laws, not the average.  I think the best use of it is to see when things are odd.  It helps confirm that Jessa is slowing down, it tells me when to expect a Jill announcement, things like that.

Personally I think we will have a Laura, Joy and Jill announcement before Jessa. . . but maybe not Joy.

22 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I love Duggar Data, but would love it more if they used the data from the women in laws, not the average.  I think the best use of it is to see when things are odd.  It helps confirm that Jessa is slowing down, it tells me when to expect a Jill announcement, things like that.

Personally I think we will have a Laura, Joy and Jill announcement before Jessa. . . but maybe not Joy.

I think Jessa will announce before Jill Sam isn't even a year yet and she waited awhile after Izzy plus knowing she'll most likely have a third c-section is going to slow her I think.  I'm sure Lauren will announce next her wedding has to be soon unless one of the Duggar daughters is pregnant now. Anna will probably announce M 6 early to mid next year. 

I know Sam isn't 1 yet, I just think that Jessa is going to wait a long while.  Maybe its more hope than prediction, but she is the one I can see waiting for non medical reasons.  I also think Jill may have one sooner than we think, which would indicate to me that either 1. they didn't have time for fellowship in scary America, or 2. they were concerned a bout zika.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived