IGNORED

Maxwell 20: Fun just dies

samurai_sarah

13 hours ago, Howl said:

I didn't get that people are NOT appreciative of geese in other parts of the country.  Here they are a wonderful harbinger of spring and late fall, when you hear them overhead and than spot them high in the sky.  Then we were in Pittsburgh a few years ago and I realized they poop up a storm in public spaces and on sidewalks.  Not quite as charming! 

They're rats with wings. And vicious to boot. One chased and bit my childhood friend's then five-year-old brother. Kid didn't even do much if anything to provoke it, except be vaguely close to it. 

In that same neighborhood, whenever the geese came to hang around everyone's yards, attack small children, and (of course) shit everywhere, we had to muzzle our dog on walks, because otherwise he would eat every pile of goose dung he saw, and then proceed to hork up the most foul green vomit all over the carpet. At least he liked chasing them off of our property. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was getting married I wanted to make sure I got a wedding picture that cut off half my face. 

Spoiler

joshua-maryanna-0294.jpg

Also one in which the sun's glare made it impossible to see some of my wedding party. 

Spoiler

joshua-maryanna-0458.jpg

But I really wanted to make sure the photographer caught the groom awkwardly tying his shoe.

Spoiler

matthew-dawnette-0100.jpg

The Mother's Day pictures--the ones as the Reversal Kids were born clearly show Terri's slide into depression and the destruction of her "self." She looks overwhelmed and not with "love."

As for NRAnna in the matching outfits--gag. You are an adult. Your children are individuals. Just stop it.

Nathan's children seem to have a little light left in their eyes. Time for a visit to grandpa Steve.

I just so the post and wow, Abigail is really tall! Isn’t she only about to be ten? She’s almost as tall as her parents.

301ECB48-FBAA-4EBA-BC92-7DD996931917.jpeg

And here is "Mom with her three girls".  Too bad the girls will never get to be moms.

DSC_7904-425x284.jpg

Even if I didn't already know, I would be able to tell exactly which grandchild belongs to which extended family.  Even the little babies. 

ETA: And not by their genetic differences/similarities, just by the way they are dressed.

image.png

Unfortunately the most notable thing about the grandkids picture is Teri's awful shoes front and center.

As much as I don’t like to defend a Maxwell, she might need those shoes for her back pain. But they are pretty fugly with black socks and a tan skirt. 

Glad to see Nathan kids don't match. But I would dress Abby in a big girl style, because a pink pettycoat dress is a bit out of place when someone has almost an adult size. Benjamin is loooooovelyyyy. I hope Abby is not overwhelmed with all the chores she must be doing now and I pray God keep Melanie's womb closed, after 5 precious healthy nice kids.

12 hours ago, Bethella said:

The bride was Maryanna Buckingham (one of the Buckingham-Hales of Papa Pilgrim fame). The families go back pretty far, IIRC Steve and Jim Buckingham were in the military together.

I was just looking on the Fundamentalists Wiki. Apparently she was born in 2002? Please tell me that's a typo or something and Chris didn't fucking document the wedding of an actual child bride. 

49 minutes ago, catlady said:

As much as I don’t like to defend a Maxwell, she might need those shoes for her back pain. But they are pretty fugly with black socks and a tan skirt. 

Oh totes, I wear ugly shoes too.  But I think I would've tucked them under my skirt or something, or if I'd been shooting the pic I would have noticed them first thing.

23 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I was just looking on the Fundamentalists Wiki. Apparently she was born in 2002? Please tell me that's a typo or something and Chris didn't fucking document the wedding of an actual child bride. 

It's cool, there was no drinking or dancing...:?

And while Teri may not give a rat’s ass about fashion/style—as is her prerogative—I would have gone with tan socks instead of black, but that’s just me. 

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

As for NRAnna in the matching outfits--gag. You are an adult. Your children are individuals. Just stop it.

I sewed a lot of dresses for my daughter when she was little.  She actually looked a lot like a little fundie (she refused to wear pants and have her hair cut, and after 8 years of school uniforms, 6 years of summer camp uniforms, and a mother who would hold me down with one hand while cutting my hair with the other, I wasn’t about to fight with her over these things).  She asked me to make us matching dresses when she was 5 or 6, a totally gag worthy idea to me.  But I realized it was about her wanting to be like me, and that there would only be a very brief time in her life that she thought of me as the coolest person she knew, so I made the dresses.  It wasn’t too long after making them that I was sewing something for her late at night, and I suddenly realized I hate sewing.  Our matching dresses were the last sewing project I ever finished.

What I’m getting at with this story is that sometimes kids really want to look just like their mothers.  I hope that’s the case with these kids.

They do seem to only wear the matching outfits for special occasions/newborn photo shoots, so I'm not snarking on that. Plus NR-Anna has great sewing skills. 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I saw that as well, I'm horrified. 

1 minute ago, HeadshipRegent said:

I saw that as well, I'm horrified. 

According to a bit of googling, if I got the right guy, hubby is 24. There is not enough EW and NOPE in the world. 

I want to be wrong. I want them both to be in their early 20s. I am so scared that I'm right. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm probably right. And no one will do shit to tell this GIRL (yes, girl) that this doesn't need to be her life, no one will tell her parents that they are sick fucks for selling off their 15-year-old daughter to a grown man (because they had to sign those consent forms...frankly I think those should be done away with and marriage age should be 18 across the board), no one will do anything to stop the countless other Maryannas in insular religious communities (be they Christian, Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, or pretty much any other religion you can think of) from getting gussied up in just-too-big fancy dresses and sold off like cattle to cold-eyed older men. 

Child marriage is despicable, no matter what religion or culture it's done in. 

57 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

According to a bit of googling, if I got the right guy, hubby is 24. There is not enough EW and NOPE in the world. 

I want to be wrong. I want them both to be in their early 20s. I am so scared that I'm right. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm probably right. And no one will do shit to tell this GIRL (yes, girl) that this doesn't need to be her life, no one will tell her parents that they are sick fucks for selling off their 15-year-old daughter to a grown man (because they had to sign those consent forms...frankly I think those should be done away with and marriage age should be 18 across the board), no one will do anything to stop the countless other Maryannas in insular religious communities (be they Christian, Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, or pretty much any other religion you can think of) from getting gussied up in just-too-big fancy dresses and sold off like cattle to cold-eyed older men. 

Child marriage is despicable, no matter what religion or culture it's done in. 

She wouldn't be the first we've discussed on FJ.   See the Chapmans...two generations of child brides.

Lauren C. (Chapman) Mickler was born around 1992. She married Nathan R. Mickler on March 1, 2008 in Texas. 

He was ten years older.  :smiley-signs131:

Not to play conspiracy theorist but why is Drew wearing a shirt that says he's four?  His birthday isn't until July 5 so he is still three.  

DSC_7827.jpg

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I looked a little harder at those birth dates. According to that table there's a decade-long gap between births in the family, and son James would also have been married at 15. He's listed as having been married in 2014 and born in 1999. There's a picture of him + family in 2017, and I don't think he looks 18 there, but who knows. At the same time, a 2003 birth for the last kid would put Mama Buck at 44, which is reasonable for a fundie. I'm going to keep looking. I found photos from Maryanna's wedding on Sharia Hale's insta, but I didn't learn anything other than that Sharia made the cake. Let me see if I can find any photos for James.

That's all to say, it's very possible, but I don't know.

ETA: Got it. I found a comment on Sharia's FB from the event where Sharia says Maryanna is 23. Phew. Clearly someone got the dates wrong on Fundamentalists Wiki.

I look at all the Maxwell grandchildren and am glad there are several. They have more children to interact with than the Reversals or the Originals did. We know Nathan’s crew interact with cousins from Melanie’s side of the family. NRAnna’s extended family live quite a distance away. I don’t know much at all about Elissa’s family but I hope she and Joseph have friends outside of the familial circle. 

6 hours ago, punkiepie said:

Even if I didn't already know, I would be able to tell exactly which grandchild belongs to which extended family.  Even the little babies. 

ETA: And not by their genetic differences/similarities, just by the way they are dressed.

image.png

Elizabeth looks like she wants to projectile vomit on Teri's shoes.

Teri, those are the same sandals my dad wears. Whatever happened to not wearing that which pertaineth unto a man? :my_rolleyes:

Terri's shoes are Keens sandals, made in women's AND men's sizes.  Mine are a minty light green, durable and very comfy.  I use them for hiking. 

We wouldn't want Terri to make an idol of nice looking footwear, would we?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived