IGNORED

Maxwell 20: Fun just dies

samurai_sarah

Maybe that top is a weird way of saying it’s fun to be the fourth child? IDK *shrug*

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, albireo said:

ETA: Got it. I found a comment on Sharia's FB from the event where Sharia says Maryanna is 23. Phew. Clearly someone got the dates wrong on Fundamentalists Wiki.

THANK FUCKING GOD. 

I was about to say... James apparently got married at 15? Claimed birth date of 1999, marriage in 2014... so if she’s 23 he must be older than that, 27 maybe if the spacing is accurate. 

11 hours ago, Howl said:

Terri's shoes are Keens sandals, made in women's AND men's sizes.  Mine are a minty light green, durable and very comfy.  I use them for hiking. 

Yes, but do you wear a LONG skirt??  Tsk. tsk!!

I looked at the comments on the old photos post. Apparently Anna is often called “Little T” because she looks so like Teri. 

That's probably Teri's hiking outfit... comfy sandals, socks to cover her defrauding ankles (I don't want to think about what that might say about Steve), and a nice long skirt to trip over. 

On 5/14/2018 at 12:52 PM, SPHASH said:

And here is "Mom with her three girls".  Too bad the girls will never get to be moms.

DSC_7904-425x284.jpg

Three "girls" who will never be "allowed" to be women. Never be allowed to live on their own--either as a group of sisters in a house or as an individual. Never have control of their own money. Never do anything just because they want to. Sad. Even if Mary wanted to be a missionary it wouldn't happen without a husband.

17 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Maybe that top is a weird way of saying it’s fun to be the fourth child? IDK *shrug*

Maybe it's just a hand-me-down and they didn't even think about him wearing it in the photo?

On 5/14/2018 at 7:16 PM, Howl said:

Terri's shoes are Keens sandals, made in women's AND men's sizes.  Mine are a minty light green, durable and very comfy.  I use them for hiking. 

We wouldn't want Terri to make an idol of nice looking footwear, would we?

Mine are grey and I haven't really found them to be all that useful. I wear boots when I hike and I tried them in the water and end up with blisters. I've never worn them with socks.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Mine are grey and I haven't really found them to be all that useful. I wear boots when I hike and I tried them in the water and end up with blisters. I've never worn them with socks.

I tried them for hiking a couple of times when I knew I'd be crossing streams. Not great. I kept getting little stones inside them. Now I wear trail runners with wool socks on all but the most rugged hikes. The shoes might get wet but my feet stay warm.

I am an old-school Teva sandal fanatic! The husband and I hike, camp, swim in lakes, kayak, and travel abroad in them. I've tried Teri's Keen shoes and they defeat the purpose of a sandal for me. Your foot gets really sweaty, rocks get stuck in them and they're not good in water. However they do seem comfortable as everyday shoes worn with socks. Not the most attractive combo... but I commend Teri for not caring :lol:.

Teva-WINSTED-W-P18-2131335-00-115626.jpg

I like my keen sandals for light hiking. I hate wearing boots and socks but the keens are comfortable and keep my toes somewhat protected, which is good since I tend to trip over my feet or kick random rocks or whatever a lot. I have a pair of chaco sandals that are even more comfortable for me, just sine the toes are open I wont wear them to hike in.

I have seriously only worn real shoes maybe 20 days in the past 2 years. I am going to be sad to move off this island if we end up somewhere cold. 

I have to share. We have friends about to arrive for dinner and I asked my husband if I looked nice in my new dress. He said maybe I should wear a singlet underneath the dress. I asked if he was secretly Steve Maxwell and was worried the friends husband would be distracted by my modest size B boobs. He did not understand. But you will dear FJ. 

Steve- please enjoy this photo of my ‘front area’

image.jpg

I just looked at the post including young Teri pictures. She is the spotting image of depression. The picture where she was pregnant (of Anna?)...is NOT an image of happy motherhood. And the picture where she holds the first reversal newborn she seem she's going to cry (which can be normal after delivering, but still).

If Maxwells want to advise about the beauty side of motherhood, they should better keep posting daugther-in-law pictures. If their message is "motherhood sucks but it's godly" yeah, Teri's pictures are ok, but now that quiverful movement seems to be slowing, they will lose followers.

Look at this handsome fellow! I mostly just read the Maxwell blog for this guy. I’m an Arnold fan girl.

847C99D7-E2B8-405C-9593-576BD31FF1D3.png

Wow, that post... Steve right, front and center on every MOTHER'S DAY pic. Lots of little kids around, but their mothers apparently don't deserve a single mention. I'm getting some serious cultish vibes from this "cute kids! cute animals! cute party!" post.

The “three generations” photo annoyed me because on Mothers’ Day, all of the mothers of those children—an entire fourth generation—were excluded. 

The photo of Arnold lounging on the play kitchen was cute.  @JermajestyDuggar, can I join the Arnold Fan Club?

57 minutes ago, catlady said:

The “three generations” photo annoyed me because on Mothers’ Day, all of the mothers of those children—an entire fourth generation—were excluded. 

The photo of Arnold lounging on the play kitchen was cute.  @JermajestyDuggar, can I join the Arnold Fan Club?

Look at him! How can anyone not be in his fan club?!

Did their mother's day lunch consist of tortilla chips w/ cheese and salsa on top??? That is not a lunch.

Yeah, there's two kinds of dressing on the table, but no apparent salad or anything else that might have supplemented a sad tortilla crisp sprinkled with cheese and salsa.  If they were so busy at church all morning that no one had time to make real food, why wouldn't they have prepped a casserole or done baking the night before? Guess the elaborate breakfast spread of muffins and granola meant they had to skimp at lunchtime! Ugh.  

Arnold is simply adorbs!  I LOVE tabby cats, except one of my mom's cats, known (not affectionately) as That Damn Cat.  He'd sit on her chest while she was asleep and bite her nose. They've both passed over the rainbow bridge long ago; no speculation on how they are getting along in the afterlife.  

I'm glad that the Maxhells like pets; it may be their ONE redeeming characteristic and ironically, in their affection for animals, allows their best and usually suppressed humane qualities to come out. 

Shoes: My feet are getting weirder with time and it's been incredibly hard to find shoes of any kind that fit and are comfortable; Keens Newports seem like one of the few that work, besides Columbia sandals. The Keen Newports were awesome for a Utah river trip awhile back, but were terrible for a multi-hour hike on a sandy trail on that same trip.  I use them to walk (hike) the trails in my local park, and I'm good for about an hour or two before the bottom of my feet feel achy. New Balance used to be my go-to, but they've stopped making their trail runners in narrow widths. 

The black plastic triangle on classic Tevas digs into the bottom of my ankle; otherwise, they are awesome! 

Just hit up the REI sale to try Chacos and realized that the footbed is too hard for my aging feet.  GAH!  Tried on some Altras and they were awesome but the 9.5 fit perfectly except slightly too short, and a size 10 was huge. The sales guy at REI then had me try a pair of (I think) La Sportiva trail shoes and I think they will work.  Note: I'm retired and shamelessly wear socks with sandals. 

Dear Terry and Steve, 

Please tell Sarah to stop referring to your married sons and daughters-in-law as "relatives".  It sounds super weird.
Also, please stop referring to cheese melted on tortilla as "lunch".  It's a snack, at best.

Yours truly, 
Koala

I agree, Arnold is a cutie!  Ellie's a cutie too, looking up at the camera in the group lunch shot.

My favorite though is the  one of Bible time.  Joshua is making the face I think all of us here at FJ make when we think about the Maxwell's Bible time.

I am annoyed they are calling cheese on tortilla chips cheese crisps. They have a name, it’s called nachos, especially when you put salsa on them. WTF. Granted those are sad nachos but they are still nachos.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived