IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

We have a poster here who has correctly identified at least one wedding date before (Joy’s.) This poster is acquainted with the Duggars and has received wedding invitations in the past. This user confirmed the date of June 30th for the SiRen wedding and I trust them enough at this point to give them the benefit of the doubt. I honestly think thats when the wedding will be.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

We have a poster here who has correctly identified at least one wedding date before (Joy’s.) This poster is acquainted with the Duggars and has received wedding invitations in the past. This user confirmed the date of June 30th for the SiRen wedding and I trust them enough at this point to give them the benefit of the doubt. I honestly think thats when the wedding will be.

Yep, I lean toward June 30th being the actual date mainly for this reason. That said, it's still possible that this poster is Pickles' 'source' and/or that they're throwing out a fake wedding date to either troll us or throw us off the scent.

But there are other reasons that June 30th (or at least a date closer to it) makes sense: we've seen no hint of a bachelor/bachelorette party. We haven't seen swarms of fundies descending upon Arkansas. And a lot of the larger items on their registry still haven't been purchased. They're either doing a great job of keeping it all under wraps this time around, or the wedding is later in June.

(I still can't help but be suspicious of anyone who shows up just to share their 'insider knowledge'. If the Duggars are really concerned with keeping their wedding dates secret, they need to re-evaluate these old acquaintances/distant relatives they're inviting. Sharing the wedding date on FJ when you know they wanted it kept secret is a pretty crappy thing to do, tbh. But maybe they don't actually care that much. I don't know.)

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yep, I lean toward June 30th being the actual date mainly for this reason. That said, it's still possible that this poster is Pickles' 'source' and/or that they're throwing out a fake wedding date to either troll us or throw us off the scent.

But there are other reasons that June 30th (or at least a date closer to it) makes sense: we've seen no hint of a bachelor/bachelorette party. We haven't seen swarms of fundies descending upon Arkansas. And a lot of the larger items on their registry still haven't been purchased. They're either doing a great job of keeping it all under wraps this time around, or the wedding is later in June.

(I still can't help but be suspicious of anyone who shows up just to share their 'insider knowledge'. If the Duggars are really concerned with keeping their wedding dates secret, they need to re-evaluate these old acquaintances/distant relatives they're inviting. Sharing the wedding date on FJ when you know they wanted it kept secret is a pretty crappy thing to do, tbh. But maybe they don't actually care that much. I don't know.)

I agree. I think the poster’s claim makes sense though, especially when combined with the other things you mentioned. 

Is the wedding for sure going to be in Arkansas? Isn’t Lauren from Georgia? Couldn’t it be possible that they will ha e the wedding there?  Traditionally, the bride plans most of the wedding and takes care of the details.  It seems like it would make more sense to have the wedding closer to where Lauren lives so she could help manage the details.

51 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Is the wedding for sure going to be in Arkansas? Isn’t Lauren from Georgia? Couldn’t it be possible that they will ha e the wedding there?  Traditionally, the bride plans most of the wedding and takes care of the details.  It seems like it would make more sense to have the wedding closer to where Lauren lives so she could help manage the details.

Lauren is from Georgia, but apparently her family recently moved to Arkansas.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:51 AM, singsingsing said:

Lauren is from Georgia, but apparently her family recently moved to Arkansas.

I'm slowly, day by day, more and more convinced that the Duggars are gathering up a death cult, bringing all the fundies to the yard.

I don't know why anybody would care if the wedding date gets released ahead of time. Do people actually try to crash a Duggar wedding? I mean, with 1,000 guests, do you think they'd even realize a couple of wedding crashers??

2 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't know why anybody would care if the wedding date gets released ahead of time. Do people actually try to crash a Duggar wedding? I mean, with 1,000 guests, do you think they'd even realize a couple of wedding crashers??

I don't know for sure if anyone's tried to crash a Duggar wedding, but I would be surprised if it hadn't happened. They've had people coming right up to their house (why they installed the gate), and at least one of their weddings had paparazzi taking unauthorized photos. They've chosen to make their lives public in order to spew their awful ideology so I don't feel a ton of sympathy for them, but at the same time I don't blame them for trying to keep the date a secret. 

I guess I didn't stop to think about paparazzi taking photos, since they usually try to cash in on a magazine spread. That makes sense. 

52 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

I'm slowly, day by day, more and more convinced that the Duggars are gathering up a death cult, bringing all the fundies to the yard.

My death cult brings all the fundies to the yard
And it's, like, more righteous than yours
Darn right, more godly than yours
I can preach it but I have to charge

I'd be keeping the wedding date secret too if I thought there was any chance that crazy stalker Becky girl might show up uninvited. And she can't be the only one either. Or is Becky only a stalker/ fangirl for the Bates family?

1 hour ago, Naga Viper said:

My death cult brings all the fundies to the yard
And it's, like, more righteous than yours
Darn right, more godly than yours
I can preach it but I have to charge

I snorted a booger on my screen. Thanks. :my_cool:

Eh, i figure that if they wanted all the important information, like the date & location, to be a big secret, then the invitations would be in envelopes, not just oversized postcards. Any postal worker would know the date at this point, so i don’t feel like i’m revealing anything.

As for the registry, they are either adding to it or it’s an old picture. The registries are listed on the invite, and i noticed that if you go to their Amazon registry it says the wedding is August something.

2 hours ago, viii said:

I guess I didn't stop to think about paparazzi taking photos, since they usually try to cash in on a magazine spread. That makes sense. 

I will never forget the pic of Jinger looking unhappy and unaware a pic was being taken as she and Jeremy were leaving after the wedding or the reception. She was caught off guard, and I actually felt sorry for her. 

I’m very disappointed the wedding wasn’t today / this weekend. I’m laid up at home with a concussion and other injuries from a car accident last night.  I’m ok, but I’m going stir crazy.

@PurpleCats oh gosh! I hope you'll be feeling more like yourself soon. Cars can be easily fixed or replaced, people can't. I'm glad you're not hurt worse than you are. You'll be in my thoughts. 

Concussions suck (I've had 5 and now suffer from PCS) but glad you are otherwise ok!! I'm normally crazy busy and trying to rest drove me bonkers but trust me, it's better to rest and let the brain heal than deal with aphasia and coordination issues later. Don't worry, we'll keep you company!

4 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

I’m very disappointed the wedding wasn’t today / this weekend. I’m laid up at home with a concussion and other injuries from a car accident last night.  I’m ok, but I’m going stir crazy.

Glad you are ok. :my_heart:

Sending a group hug to everyone - thanks for the well wishes!  I’m doing much better today. 

Lawton must be the only guy I know that loves bachelor parties because it means babies to pose with Lol

Trying to wrap my head around taking babies to bachelor parties.

Now in this particular picture I don't see nearly as much of Josh as we have in previous shots. But this trend of them marrying people who could almost be their sibling? Ugh!! Joe and Kendra come to mind first but also in the one above, 'Si and Lauren look to have the same nose and same jawline. Biggest difference I see is in the eyes. So maybe the Duggar genes aren't that strong but JB picks partners with certain physical characteristics? It's kinda creepy really.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived