IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

I follow her on IG and she was silent for a long time.  She has posted a few pictures of her kids but nothing about her marriage and new husband.  I thought she was still in NC  but not sure now.  I have always felt bad for her...she did EVERYTHING her cult told her to do and she is now the mother of 6, uneducated and with very few job skills. I hope for her this new husband is the love of her life. I doubt it, one bright spot is she is 34/35 so maybe not another quiver?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

I follow her on IG and she was silent for a long time.  She has posted a few pictures of her kids but nothing about her marriage and new husband.  I thought she was still in NC  but not sure now.  I have always felt bad for her...she did EVERYTHING her cult told her to do and she is now the mother of 6, uneducated and with very few job skills. I hope for her this new husband is the love of her life. I doubt it, one bright spot is she is 34/35 so maybe not another quiver?

I’m surprised she hasn’t mentioned her new husband! If she posts about a pregnancy or new baby, let us know!

oh I will:) I think what saddens most of all for all of these women is the loss of their agency.  Like, did Kelly even really have a choice about this guy? Or was the shame, pressure and guilt she felt about her marriage ending the main reason she married so quickly? Not to mention I love how children are such a blessing until their mother gets a divorce and then they have an insta-step dad.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2018 at 10:44 AM, Palimpsest said:

But there's no reason to think that the early menopause story isn't true and a valid reason for them to adopt.  Plenty of gay or bi men have fathered children -  in or out of the closet.

Whatever the bio-parentage of the Brown's children I too deplore the way they were brought up.

I have long wondered if any of the Brown adult children searched for the bio parents, or if the bio parents searched. I would like to think they did but my guess is Scott Brown and his wife would feel pretty threatened if they searched and the kids know that.

Has there been any recent sightings of Peter or Kelly? I miss the old days of VF lunacy and this Golden Couple!

On 9/22/2018 at 2:56 PM, teachergirl said:

Like, did Kelly even really have a choice about this guy?

This is what is most saddening to me.  Are the women in these situations even allowed to have feelings or understand anything about how they DO feel?  Everything is translated through the lens of patriarchal bible fu, it seems just suffocating. I do truly hope she is happy in whatever way that may be. 

• 5 weeks later...

Oh man, I think that's the thread that gave us "Evil Jake Gyllenhaal" :bow-yellow:

"he did not want to live a comfortable life with a secure, 9-5 job"

Poor Kelly...

I wonder how it's going with her new husband, has anyone heard anything at all? The total radio silence is really starting to feel creepy.

Just now, AnnaSofia said:

Poor Kelly...

I wonder how it's going with her new husband, has anyone heard anything at all? The total radio silence is really starting to feel creepy.

Funny that this thread shows up today. Just yesterday I have been thinking about Kelly and if she is doing okay. I hope her new husband doesn't push her into more babies.

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Funny that this thread shows up today. Just yesterday I have been thinking about Kelly and if she is doing okay. I hope her new husband doesn't push her into more babies.

So agree, postpartum is so freaking hard! My son is 1 week old and I’m a total zombie. This poor woman has already done it 6 bloody times. I hope she gets some rest. 

4 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Oh man, I think that's the thread that gave us "Evil Jake Gyllenhaal" :bow-yellow:

"he did not want to live a comfortable life with a secure, 9-5 job"

Poor Kelly...

It is,  because I was looking for an update on evil Jakey G.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Bean said:

So agree, postpartum is so freaking hard! My son is 1 week old and I’m a total zombie. This poor woman has already done it 6 bloody times. I hope she gets some rest. 

Hang in there! You just grew a little human inside your body. This is amazing af! I hope you'll feel better soon and still get to enjoy your little boy. Congratulations!

Caleb Hayden-- wow, what a blast from the past! Haven't thought of that name in years, probably. I know he and his wife had one kid, but don't know about any more. 

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

Hang in there! You just grew a little human inside your body. This is amazing af! I hope you'll feel better soon and still get to enjoy your little boy. Congratulations!

Thank you dear @ophelia

On 12/18/2018 at 6:18 PM, AnnaSofia said:

Well we can't expect Scottie to talk about what happened or let his family talk about it cos officially acknowledging that the perfect marriage ended in divorce would be kinda damaging to his brand.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Well we can't expect Scottie to talk about what happened or let his family talk about it cos officially acknowledging that the perfect marriage ended in divorce would be kinda damaging to his brand.  Ugh.

Kelly is more oppressed and silenced now than she has ever been. 

1 minute ago, DomWackTroll said:

Kelly is more oppressed and silenced now than she has ever been. 

That actually makes perfect sense within their little version of the world. Can't have her talking about her experiences or having feelings or reactions to the life she lived; can't have her telling anyone she is divorced with six kids, after having been half the poster person for ideal, Christian marriage. Sit down, shut up, marry a new man, keep quiet, pretend the past never happened, do as you're told. 

19 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

My father fell in love with Peter before I did." 

[@DomWackTroll quoting Kelly]

And so did Doug Phillips. In fact I think Bradrick! "fell in love" with DP before he met Kelly.

Awwww ain't love grand.

• 3 weeks later...

From one of Kelly's articles: "I would encourage you to find a godly man that knows God’s word, and loves God’s word. A man you can trust. Maybe it’s an Uncle, a Grandfather, or a pastor. Ask him to shepherd you. Maybe it’s your mother."

She adds that last sentence so grudgingly. "Sure, a person with a vadge is the last resort, but I guess it's better than nothing, LOL!" 

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

From one of Kelly's articles: "I would encourage you to find a godly man that knows God’s word, and loves God’s word. A man you can trust. Maybe it’s an Uncle, a Grandfather, or a pastor. Ask him to shepherd you. Maybe it’s your mother."

She adds that last sentence so grudgingly. "Sure, a person with a vadge is the last resort, but I guess it's better than nothing, LOL!" 

See, to me that acknowledged that Deb (Mrs. Scott) Brown is transgender. Makes sense, right? That’s why they had to adopt, and Kelly was confused about identifying a godly MAN as possibly being yo’ momma. 

I kid, I kid!!!!

The first thing I ever knew about Kelly was that she rolled under a fence.  Fundies just COULDN'T stop talking about her pure and demure fence rolling, and even a young and ignorant Gee thought to herself "Lord, imagine being known for rolling under a fence!"  Not that I haven't squeezed under a few fence-bars in my time, but to be KNOWN for that?  How embarrassing!

And then imagine marrying the guy who can think of nothing better to praise you for than your fence-rolling!  And then having it end in a messy divorce with a hasty remarriage!

Poor Kelly.  In her life, who HASN'T failed her?

Hivers: Whike this topic is active, I have s question.

I’ve saved screencaps of all the Bradrick v. Bradrick divorce proceedings - couple dozen images. Does anyone want them for the FJ files?

If they already exist here, I’ll delete my copies. 

Otherwise, I’ll be glad to hand them off to another story keeper. 

Courage! Erm.... Triumph! Uhhhhh.... well, you know. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived