IGNORED

Joy and Austin (and Gideon) 22: When Nothing Much Happens

Jellybean

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Jesus christ - there are like zero Duggar genes in that kid!

Right??

I am shocked. All the other boy babies (with the exception of Anna's) start morphing into Duggars either right away or soon enough.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, a month already! I thought he was born a week ago! I've been so busy lately, time is flying by and I'm not paying attention to a lot of things, especially Duggar offspring.

That kid is all Austin, no baby JB face this time round.

8 hours ago, ilikeskittles said:

Do you think that TLC tries to suggest more probing, in depth topics and they get shut down by the Duggars, or do they just know better by now and stick to the wholesome storylines because they know that's all the Duggars will agree to? Or do they not care at all because haircuts for a 2 yr old and moving bookcases is really where the money's at?

Good question! I don't think TLC ever tried to ask or show the more in depth situations about the Duggars. Josie's birth may have come the closest to it.

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Sam looks like a cross between dWRECK and boob, so no. Not to me

I don't know if its genetics or what it is, I love looking at families and seeing how everyone fits into each other.  My cousin had baby girl last year and she looks just like her dads father it is hilarious to see this pretty little baby looking like  her 75 year old grandfather.  Or another cousin whose son looks very similar to our other cousins daughter.  I find it fascinating how you can see so many different people in one person. 

That picture of Gideon is cute. He looks older than just a month, but that because he is so chunky. 

10 hours ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

Cue to my cat, who has done nothing wrong... ever... in her life! (Mona Lisa Saperstein reference for all the Parks&Rec lovers out there!

Toula.JPG

"the worst person in the world"

THE CAT IS AN ANGEL THOUGH

So, funnily enough - this page was still open in my browser on my Mac - and it had my reply to this thread. On refresh, this is where I ended up - in my original "reply" space, so I'll repeat my reply here:

14 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

THE CAT IS AN ANGEL THOUGH

She is beautiful - almost a perfect Chimera Cat! And those TOEBEANS!!!

16 hours ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

This is my BEC comment for the week. I hate when people put tiny babies in clothes like what Gideon is wearing for that picture. He’s only a month old! He should be in soft comfy cozy sleepers, not bulky looking jeans or...are they baby cargo pants? I don’t even know.

That was my first thought when I saw the picture.  I hope they took off those uncomfortable pants right after the pic was taken.

At least he didn't end up in a dump truck for his baby photo shoot ,like poor baby Philip. Now that definitely looked uncomfortable.

On 24 March 2018 at 7:15 AM, candygirl200413 said:

It kind of also made me realize that even being surrounded with so many siblings, you can still feel so alone and lost.

I'm 6th of 8 children, it always felt like I lived in 3 different families, the older the middle and then the younger kids, I really have no child hood memories of my older siblings, no family holidays or celebrations with them, just they came to visit occasionally and I was an Aunty when I was 4 so I looked forward to my nieces and nephews visiting, my older siblings were strangers to me and I felt uncomfortable around them, after saying hello I was sent off to play with there kids. 

The middle siblings were like the cool kids that had there freedom going out to parties and nice clothes and the latest music, I always tried to not annoy them so they wouldn't shoo me away.

Then there was us last 3 kids, my parents were over the whole parenting thing and didn't give us the right kind of attention, they were kind and loving but no real effort anymore, never helped with school work or our problems. We were on our own to sort out our lives.

18 hours ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

This is my BEC comment for the week. I hate when people put tiny babies in clothes like what Gideon is wearing for that picture. He’s only a month old! He should be in soft comfy cozy sleepers, not bulky looking jeans or...are they baby cargo pants? I don’t even know.

I get what you’re saying. I dressed my first kid in jeans and overalls when he was only about 6 weeks old. Not all the time, but occasionally for pictures.  I was young, they were given to me by friends so I didn’t pay anything, and I thought he looked cute.  It didn’t last long though. By the time I got to my second and third kids,  their wardrobes mainly consisted of cotton sleepers with zippers. I didn’t even want to bother with all the snaps and they just looked so much more comfortable. Maybe Joy will get it out of her system quickly like I did. 

Eh we all dress our kids up in clothes that aren't comfortable for pictures, they are cute and adorable and new moms are excited.  I know lots of moms who made sure to get photos of every outfit given to her by people and showed them to the giver to show how much they appreciated it. No it isn't practical but it isn't hurting anyone and it isn't exclusive to fundy land. 

On 24.3.2018 at 5:18 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

the one thing Joy is looking forward to is Gideon growing up and understanding the gospel. 

Wow, Joy is heavily drenched in the koolaid. This really scares me! She is still so young and she and Austin seem so hardcore fundie that they'll might end up with the biggest quiver of the Duggar siblings.

On 25.3.2018 at 1:03 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Am I the only one who sees a slight resemblance. 

IMG_4726.PNG

IMG_4728.PNG

I see it too!!!!!!!! They could be brothers. Thank Rufus - I'm not the only one.

On 3/25/2018 at 2:02 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't know if its genetics or what it is, I love looking at families and seeing how everyone fits into each other.  My cousin had baby girl last year and she looks just like her dads father it is hilarious to see this pretty little baby looking like  her 75 year old grandfather.  Or another cousin whose son looks very similar to our other cousins daughter.  I find it fascinating how you can see so many different people in one person. 

I find it really interesting with the British Royal Family. Princess Charlotte is all HM. Prince George is very, very Diana (I went on a tour of Kensington Palace, where they had some photos up in one room, with a picture of Diana on one wall and the Mario Testino photo of George at Charlotte's christening on the other -- exact same smile). Really excited to see who #3 will look like. 

2 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Wow, Joy is heavily drenched in the koolaid. This really scares me! She is still so young and she and Austin seem so hardcore fundie that they'll might end up with the biggest quiver of the Duggar siblings.

which considering her first baby was a 10 pound breech c section is a very scary thought. 

Kendra and Joe might try to give them a run for their money I think. jostin and Joken seem to like to compete with each other a bit or as Joy says they were always one step behind us. 

we'll have to see how Kendra's labor with unnamed baby boy Duggar goes. 

Right, Kendra and Joe are also really really young. And while they are probably drenched in koolaid as well, Austin and Joy give me an even more hardcore vibe. It's just a feeling and maybe I'm totally wrong, but there is something I can't quite put my finger on that makes me think the Forsyth are more fucked than Kendra and Joe.

Just now, ophelia said:

Right, Kendra and Joe are also really really young. And while they are probably drenched in koolaid as well, Austin and Joy give me an even more hardcore vibe. It's just a feeling and maybe I'm totally wrong, but there is something I can't quite put my finger on that makes me think the Forsyth are more fucked than Kendra and Joe.

I might be the in laws. Austin's parents give off serious creep vibes both of them. and especially if you have watched their strictest parents episode yikes. plus giant hypocrites anyone mr divorced Teri with two other kids he never mentions.  their kids just seem to be an extension of their fort rock crap. not actual people to be cared for and loved. 

Kendra's parents on the other hand well they are as drenched in Kool aid as anyone seem way more relaxed and approachable  like they actually care about their children.  

Now we just have to see if Time changes either of the couples and how their fertility works out. Kendra's mom only had 7 kids. will Joy have Michelle's fertility?

I honestly don't wish anything bad on Joy.But a 10lb breech baby by C section,JIll's unsuccessful VBAC,the possibility of needing a C section for each birth,I hope she doesn't get pregnant again for awhile.I also hope she doesn't have a huge quiver..only time will tell.

Only time will tell with all of them honestly. Jessa and Ben have shocked the hell out of a lot of people in the last 2.5 years, parenthood and being on your own for days at time with no one checking on you can do a lot for a person and their world view.  They all now have a REAL chance to see the outside world for how they want to see it and it will either harden their views or relax them Jostin & JInJer have a more unique perspective as they are more financially independent than the rest of the Duggar's and can change, IF they want to. 

I don't think Austin's parents are as hardcore as we think they are, Their father seems pretty affectionate and has a silly side that doesn't jive with his role on Strictest parents, and remember that was all edited and scripted to make it look how the editors wanted it to look.

If Joy had had an average sized baby with a vaginal delivery and no complications, then I think they probably would have wound up with the most children. However, a 10 lb baby that had to be delivery by emergency c-section is going to hamper those dreams. The next birthday will be the one to really determine whether or not they're going to be able to have lots of children. 

I'm curious to see how Kendra will fare. So far, it seems like the Duggar girls struggle, and the in-law doesn't (the only one being Anna right now). So it'll be interesting to see how Kendra and Jinger make out. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't think Austin's parents are as hardcore as we think they are, Their father seems pretty affectionate and has a silly side that doesn't jive with his role on Strictest parents, and remember that was all edited and scripted to make it look how the editors wanted it to look.

I agree. I watched lots of episodes of that show and it was obvious how much it was staged. And even with that, Austin’s parents were some of the tamest in the show imo.

I like how Austin’s dad seems to really love Joy. I remember on the parents’ prayer at Joy and Austin’s wedding when he prayed and broke down when he mentioned her. And the way he reacted to their engagement. I thought it was really sweet. 

13 hours ago, ophelia said:

I think the recent Reddit AMA mentioned that she was among the most outspokenly conservative ones of the siblings beliefs-wise. I could see her being really, really hardcore fundie. I don't get the malignant narcissist vibe I get from Jill Rodrigues, though. I'm worried about how Gideon will turn out, but if this makes any sense, I think Joy would be quite controlling/sheltering because she genuinely believes every word and genuinely thinks she's doing the right thing, not using belief as a means to be controlling for its own end (like I think JRod and PP do). I hope that makes sense. 

I really do hope her uterus front-loads boys in the quiver; I maintain that the more boys you have early on, the less likely it is that you'll be mega-quiverfull, since you'll have to wait longer for older girls to pick up the slack in childcare/housekeeping. 

I was reading a few of the fundie snark tumblrs about Joy's admission to Joe during the rehersal dinner and a lot pointed out how they basically destroyed her in the sense of taking away the "tomboy" (their term obviously, I personally hate it). Like I'm hoping with Austin that she'll be able to maintain her outdoorsy self once Gideon gets older but her crying about how her faith dropped and all that when you look at in the duggar lens it's sad how they want to void them of a personality.

In regards to Austin's parents I think it's an important time to mention that someone can be a super hardcore fundie and hold all the dangerous harmful beliefs but still show affection and love their children. A misguided belief system does not automatically make someone a bad person, I have  no doubt in my mind that the Forsyths genuinely and truly love Joy as their own daughter (the same way that I think the Duggars genuinely do love each of their kids and just suck at showing it on TV) 

BUT we know that the Forsyths blanket trained and we know that they run Fort Rock and have a similar belief system as the Duggars. They might be more relaxed in some areas and less in others, Fundamentalism, IBLP, ATI, IFB etc all exist on continuums just like any other religion. And the people are complex. 

As for why I actually came here. 

I finally watched the Joy minisode, and am I the only one who was a little sad to see Johannah there? Maybe not there... but the idea of them hauling a 12 year old out of bed at 4am to go attend a birth seems ludicrous. And what turned out to be a difficult labour and turned into a trip to the hospital for an emergency c section. She's just so young and I don't doubt for a second that she was brought to help and observe not just to be around. I don't know how much sense that makes but hopefully some. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived