IGNORED

Joy and Austin (and Gideon) 22: When Nothing Much Happens

Jellybean

13 minutes ago, albireo said:

Run, Joe and Kendra (and baby), run! Love isn't everything, but being able to lean on your spouse will help you through hard times. There's so much more out there in the world than this creepy cult life, and you can see it all together!

Too bad it looks like he's really committed to the faith. He encouraged the whole family to spend more time reading the Bible, and he wants to fill up that quiver right away. Sigh. Poor (future) kids.

I think he's out to prove this life style can work despite Josh. lets just hope Kendra has her mother's fertility. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I just say, Kendra's dad is a hottie! Instead of a "milf" he's a "dilf" lol (although, not really...he's probably WAY too vanilla in bed!!! :naughty:

52 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think he's out to prove this life style can work despite Josh. lets just hope Kendra has her mother's fertility. 

As the first Duggar son since Josh to marry I'm sure he feels a lot of pressure to be the "perfect" godly husband. I also wonder if this feeds into Joe's ego a little bit. I noticed that when he was asked how he thought Kendra would describe him in the marshmallow game, he wrote "steady." (Correct me if I interpreted the game wrong, I wasn't paying super close attention). To me that seems like what someone who sees himself as the "ultimate godly guy" would say (I knew plenty of these in my church youth group days!) But what have you had to be steady about yet, Joe? In such a short period of time and with such restrictive courtship and engagement rules, you haven't even given yourself the opportunity to weather a major storm in your relationship and know how you would handle it.

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I don't have a solid sense of who it is, but I managed to screencap him for the moment before the camera pans sideways toward Lauren and he leans out of frame. It *kind* of looks like one of the Bates boys (maybe Jackson?), but I'm not convinced it is. 

Lauren and Guy 1.PNG

He also looks like possibly one of the Fedosky boys to me.

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I couldn't see that.  Are you thinking she's getting to know one of the duggar boys? (That could get confusing two Lauren's) 

I really do! She's just around a lot. Maybe one of the twins? It would make sense. And she seems to be good friends with the other Lauren, too. 

Ugh. That gene pool. 

57 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

May I just say, Kendra's dad is a hottie! Instead of a "milf" he's a "dilf" lol (although, not really...he's probably WAY too vanilla in bed!!!

But he's a disgusting douche. 

16 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

But he's a disgusting douche. 

Oh! Absolutely!

On 3/21/2018 at 7:25 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

These women have been brain washed to think that "as many as the lord gives" means getting pregnant until you physically can't anymore, because either you are dead, your uterus has been removed or you go into menopause and move on to a "new season of life". I really hope Austin will put his foot down after 5 or 6 kids and say ENOUGH because he is overwhelmed, because we all know they won't stop when Joy is. :( 

On what I bolded:   This "as many as the Lord gives" is crap because if they are infertile (one of the Bates girls IIRC?)  they go for fertility treatments, right?   So, is infertility a sign that God doesn't want you to have children?   Shouldn't you accept that with the same humble grace that you would have when you keep getting knocked up? 

On 3/21/2018 at 12:59 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

that's just crazy nuts. of course we all know that but to see it put down it's just shocking all over again. 

This is kind of confusing to me.

Lots of people meet, have sex, and roughly 9mo later have a kid.

Why is it a shock that they were wedding planning a year ago and now have a baby?

3 hours ago, viii said:

I think if anything, the more siblings you have, the greater chances you have of feeling alone and lost because you don't really have anyone focusing on you. I work at a school and we have a couple of kids who come from bigger families and they often act out for attention because they've said they don't get it at home. 

Sorry ended up therapeutically ranting but my point is, I think it depends on how the parents parent not the amount of kids. 

Only child here, I felt so lonely growing up and practically begged for attention from anyone. Now I'm an adult, I do t speak to my father. Him and my mom are still married and I talk to her but it's a superficial relationship. She is mainly just invailidating, belittling, and likes to play the victim. So I'm pretty much cut off from my extended family whom I was always very close to because I won't bring my son around my dad and my mom makes me look like the villain, their horrible, ungrateful daughter who withholds their grandson. I desperately wish I had a sibling to be close to. My husbands family is no better. We are lonely but we have to keep our son and any future kids safe. 

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

and then she gets stuck with the Forsyth's. Austin may be okay I'm reserving judgment right now but his father is just a giant creep. 

Yep, but Austin apparently touts the Pearls', and probably their blanket-training methods. :(

I hope Joy still has a backbone and doesn't let anyone treat her baby that way!

9 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

This is kind of confusing to me.

Lots of people meet, have sex, and roughly 9mo later have a kid.

Why is it a shock that they were wedding planning a year ago and now have a baby?

they went from only being allowed to hold hands (Since they had just gotten engaged) to now having a child. that's why it's nuts. 

9 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Sorry ended up therapeutically ranting but my point is, I think it depends on how the parents parent not the amount of kids. 

Only child here, I felt so lonely growing up and practically begged for attention from anyone. Now I'm an adult, I do t speak to my father. Him and my mom are still married and I talk to her but it's a superficial relationship. She is mainly just invailidating, belittling, and likes to play the victim. So I'm pretty much cut off from my extended family whom I was always very close to because I won't bring my son around my dad and my mom makes me look like the villain, their horrible, ungrateful daughter who withholds their grandson. I desperately wish I had a sibling to be close to. My husbands family is no better. We are lonely but we have to keep our son and any future kids safe. 

having a sibling really means nothing I Have two younger brothers. I hardly speak to either of them. not because we hate each other or anything just because even as children we were never close. 

46 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

On what I bolded:   This "as many as the Lord gives" is crap because if they are infertile (one of the Bates girls IIRC?)  they go for fertility treatments, right?   So, is infertility a sign that God doesn't want you to have children?   Shouldn't you accept that with the same humble grace that you would have when you keep getting knocked up? 

As of right now Michael Bates Keilen do not seem to be pursuing fertility treatment. Erin Bates Paine has injections to help her continue a pregnancy but she doesn't have trouble getting pregnant. 

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I think this is a genetic/telepathic connection among/between all cats - they try to kill us on the daily, yet expect us to wait on them hand-and-foot. 

Who's really in charge? Yeah...

Yeah, somehow my car always gets her way.  Like, if I want to sleep alone and shut her out of the bedroom, she'll scratch at the carpet.  If that doesn't work, she goes into the bathroom and bangs a cupboard door over and over.   So I get up to help at her, forget to close my door, and hey presto she's up on the bed.

42 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Only here too. My dad died almost 20 years ago and my mother about 5 years ago. My mother was a nightmare, bitter and angry (much like Lori). She wanted a boy when I was born and well...I'm not. Just over 2 years later they lost a son and my mother never got over that. So, I was the target for all her anger. Then to pour acid in the wound, I had two sons. I've said here in various places how I was treated...I sort of wish I had a sibling, but then again, since I'm not the most social creature in the world, maybe it was better that I was an only. My husband cut off his family after the lies came out. So, we're sort of on our own...and it's cool. 

19 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

As of right now Michael Bates Keilen do not seem to be pursuing fertility treatment. Erin Bates Paine has injections to help her continue a pregnancy but she doesn't have trouble getting pregnant. 

Micheal did have one of her Fallopian tubes cleared of blockage by dr Vick a few months ago  and she has seen fertility dr's in Chicago and had test done. so well not fertility treatments she is taking away a blockage  that may have been a preventative to her getting pregnant  which like  the person above  said wouldn't they just see not  getting pregnant  as god's will  and not  look farther into it   ( I do hope Micheal can have kids there whole belief about god and kids is just screwy though ) 

34 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Yeah, somehow my car always gets her way.  Like, if I want to sleep alone and shut her out of the bedroom, she'll scratch at the carpet.  If that doesn't work, she goes into the bathroom and bangs a cupboard door over and over.   So I get up to help at her, forget to close my door, and hey presto she's up on the bed.

One of my cats is like that.If I don't get up immediately to feed him,he will go into our bathroom,and knock over the trash can.We don't close our door completely because he will scratch the door and not just scratch the carpet,dig and the carpet.He acts like a dog burying a bone,in the litter box.He had to have surgery over a year ago...the Vet put the cone of shame on him,and he hated it..I borrowed a dog crate..that did not work...he'd jump on our bed and hit us in the head with his cone...I had to take him back to the Vet,he had to stay,and have Valium for a few days until his incision healed...the Vet and Vet tech laughed about his "temper tantrums"...he'd knock the litter box over.

19 minutes ago, melon said:

We don't close our door completely because he will scratch the door and not just scratch the carpet,dig and the carpet

Our cats did this...they're not allowed in our bedroom since the night that Big Stupid divebombed my hubby from the top of the armoire. So, to stop them from digging we got the plastic carpet runner stuff and cut it to fit in the doorways and taped it down. Pissed them right off but they eventually learned. However, if I'm working in my office, that door had better be open...yeah, they're assholes but they're MY assholes. 

4 hours ago, albireo said:

Run, Joe and Kendra (and baby), run! Love isn't everything, but being able to lean on your spouse will help you through hard times. There's so much more out there in the world than this creepy cult life, and you can see it all together!

Too bad it looks like he's really committed to the faith. He encouraged the whole family to spend more time reading the Bible, and he wants to fill up that quiver right away. Sigh. Poor (future) kids.

Sounds like maybe he was having doubts as well. He *went away to college* and came back with a new fire for God... sounds like the fire has dimmed out before and he must’ve sympathized with Joy

It was interesting how Joy worded herself.  That she was struggling to take on her parents religion.  I'd love to know what she felt her spirituality should look like.

41 minutes ago, melon said:

One of my cats is like that.If I don't get up immediately to feed him,he will go into our bathroom,and knock over the trash can.We don't close our door completely because he will scratch the door and not just scratch the carpet,dig and the carpet.He acts like a dog burying a bone,in the litter box.He had to have surgery over a year ago...the Vet put the cone of shame on him,and he hated it..I borrowed a dog crate..that did not work...he'd jump on our bed and hit us in the head with his cone...I had to take him back to the Vet,he had to stay,and have Valium for a few days until his incision healed...the Vet and Vet tech laughed about his "temper tantrums"...he'd knock the litter box over.

When we got my cat fixed, 4 days later she got her cone of shame off and put it in her litter box!  Okaaaay, hear you loud and clear kitteh!  She was great with her incision too.  She didn't need no stinkin' cone!  Too funny.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

So, we're sort of on our own...and it's cool. 

I swear we ARE separated at birth. Only here, as well. DH has little-to-nothing to do with his family (fine by me! my MIL is a bitch on wheels). My mother wasn't a good mother - she was judgmental and snarky and an undercurrent of meanness was always there. She died four years ago. My dad is still alive, and he's basically an 80-year-old toddler - and I'm his sole care-giver. 

Anyhoooo - DH and I are so happy together - just the two of us. We enjoy it when GryffindorDisappointment and her boyfriend (soon to be husband - thank god he's a Slytherin) visit, but are thrilled to be alone. We travel extensively, and spend hours cooped up in a car or on a plane together - and we rarely have disagreements.

As for wanting a sibling - I did, for a while. But there's no guarantee we'd have been close, so there's that. :(

One of my cats will jump somewhere he isn’t meant to be. When one of us gets up to shoo him away, he goes and steals the seat we were in. Push him off the seat.... jumps back where he isn’t meant to be. 

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

But I love him sooooooooooo much :56247955dd693_32(12):

I don't have a cat, but I have two little Chiweenies. My boy thinks he is ten feet all and bulletproof. His sister, littermate, backtalks me when she can't go "bye-bye."

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I swear we ARE separated at birth. Only here, as well. DH has little-to-nothing to do with his family (fine by me! my MIL is a bitch on wheels). My mother wasn't a good mother - she was judgmental and snarky and an undercurrent of meanness was always there. She died four years ago. My dad is still alive, and he's basically an 80-year-old toddler - and I'm his sole care-giver. 

Anyhoooo - DH and I are so happy together - just the two of us. We enjoy it when GryffindorDisappointment and her boyfriend (soon to be husband - thank god he's a Slytherin) visit, but are thrilled to be alone. We travel extensively, and spend hours cooped up in a car or on a plane together - and we rarely have disagreements.

As for wanting a sibling - I did, for a while. But there's no guarantee we'd have been close, so there's that. :(

We have to have been separated at birth or were twins in some parallel universe (Fringe anyone?). My MIL is a lying sack of shit. Mr Xtian told her off a few years ago after the lies were exposed. It was amazing what the truth did for his mental health. She'll send him FB friend requests every now and then. This was the bitch who said I was "violent" and she was "scared" for her son after I beat the shit out of his youngest sister after she took a swing at me the day Mr. Xtian got out of the hospital after major surgery. No, I'm not violent, I just won't be pushed around. And...if she was so "scared" for him, how come she couldn't at least call him while I was at work? See what I mean about lying sack of shit? The sister I beat the shit out of got what she deserved (and so did I...a permanent restraining order). Now that we've gotten the sources of friction out of our lives (including #2 son who's about as useful as tits on a bull but that's another story), we're happy as two little clams...us and the felines. We have great fun, great friends and love hanging out together. 

10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Kendra is a lucky woman. She might have a litter of kids, but I think Joe is going to be by her side through thick and thin. I can see he clearly adores her. 

That's the impression I get. I actually like Joe, I think he's my favorite Duggar son. 

5 hours ago, Beermeet said:

It was interesting how Joy worded herself.  That she was struggling to take on her parents religion.  I'd love to know what she felt her spirituality should look like.

Things like this, I wish Counting On would be more in depth about. I know I would find that very interesting...and honest. But it won't happen, Counting On is not gonna go there. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived